[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>He calls himself Software Engineer >He calls himself SE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: cap.png (352 KB, 623x527) Image search: [Google]
cap.png
352 KB, 623x527
>He calls himself Software Engineer
>He calls himself SE despite not doing an Engineering or Software Course
>>
>>52126217
>taking courses for software engineering
>>
Engineering software is not a true engineering field, buddy. I hate to break it to you but listening to a clients needs, requirements and limitations, using conventions and providing a team of code monkeys with those tools is NOT something you need a degree to have competence in.

Coding and design conventions that the real world uses can be found in any Ivor Horton programming book these days. All of the skills and large scale projects can be read about in a week or less and can be practically applied in that same time.

You programmers need to stop thinking you're the shit. I remember when I thought I was the shit for disabling the entire city school districts web blocking programs as a sophomore. Programming isn't hard, its just that normies are really stupid.

CS is a meme. It's C++ primer with the addition of the A+ manual.

Software engineering is a glorified degree.
>>
>>52128207
you're an idiot. CS isn't about programming it's about the theory of computing in its entirety. just because you only did a bachelors because you wanted a job and couldn't handle graduate school doesn't mean you can project like an autist. it's pathetic.
>>
>>52126217
>Software Engineer
Programmer
>>
>>52128399
I didn't do either because its a meme. Theory of computing my ass. Stop trying to glorify a shitty degree because you picked it and are stuck with it.
>>
>>52128207
In this reply, we see someone who doesn't know what is involved in a SE or a CS degree.
>>
>>52128207
lol no
>>
>>52129076
>>52128399

>not going through a glorious mathematics degree

plebs
>>
>>52129146
> 300k debt
>>
>>52126236
Samefag
>>
>>52129146
CS is a subfield of math that's dedicated to the study of computation and its applications. It's certainly useful to study the wider range of pure math but some people are more interested in achieving useful stuff with abstract math theory.
>>
>>52128713
Daily reminder that CS is not a degree in programming as one can study CS without ever touching a computer or a text editor.
>>
This thread is full of bitter dropouts
>>
>>52126217
>He has an accredited Bachelors of Science in Computer Science from a four year American university
>He is an expert at CS theory
>"What is Version Control?"
>>
>>52128207
Is this pasta?
>>
>>52126217
Software engineering is literally worthless, CS is better than it. As a CS major, I laugh audibly how they think they're worth anything compared to me.
>>
>>52130034
Do you know what version control is?
Coupling vs cohesion?
Trade offs of coupled code?
Why writing everything in C++ with heavy recursion is a bad idea?
Code readability?
UI/UX design and how it can make or break even the most powerful programs?

I've seen CS students get 3.7 GPAs in school and fall flat on their asses when they graduate because all they can do is puke out Java code that belongs in a textbook.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.