[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ayy /g/, give me your shitty advice or face the consequences
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Ayy /g/, give me your shitty advice or face the consequences
I'm thinking of getting the XPS 13 with the i5, 8 gigs of RAM, the 128 SSD, and the 1080p non-touch screen.

Good idea? Bad? How's Linux support (I may install it later, not right away)? Should I buy from the Microsoft Store? How does their student discount thing work? Is an SP4 a better idea (I think not, I don't really need a tablet). Thanks.
>>
>>51765729
Buy that if you want to have friends and get laid, if not get a thinkpad
>>
install gentoo
>>
File: 1449519853622.jpg (12 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1449519853622.jpg
12 KB, 184x184
>>51765729
First thing in the morning, what do I see? A pile of shit staring at me. I close my eyes, I step away. No matter where I go, there’s no getting away. Take your poo to the loo. Take your poo to the loo. Take your poo to the loo. Take your poo to the loo.

Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, next to you. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, where is that loo?

I step out on the street. What do I smell? Shit that’s stinky to high hell. I hold my breath, I step away. But everywhere I go, there’s no getting away.

Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, next to you. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, where is that loo.

Shit, not shit, this shit, that shit. Let’s see now. Let me check. Happy birthday. Happy birthday.

Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, next to you. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, where is that loo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_peUxE_BKcU
>>
I use that exact laptop every day, the broadwell version.

It's probably the best laptop I've ever used, and never buy hardware straight from microshit. The best price I could find when I bought mine was on Dell's website but maybe thats because in always get 20% of from there because of my work.

I'll put this thread on watch in case you want to ask me anything about it
>>
>>51765729
>13
get a 15, thank me later
>>
There is a developer edition with Ubuntu so there is native Linux support.

I like mine. Not my favorite keyboard of all time. The screen is really neat.

Keep in mind you can't upgrade shit in this laptop. You will live with 128 forever.
>>
>>51765833

You can upgrade the ssd. I have a 950 pro 512 gb in mine. There are guides for how to do it in the internet, it's the ram you can't upgrade so def go for the 8 gigs
>>
>>51765784
WAGON
H
E
E
L
>>
>>51765818
So you have the 1080p version? Why'd you go with that over the touch version?
Also, does it seem too small? I'm considering the XPS 15 now...
>>
>>51768021

I didnt get the touch because integrated graphics isn't really meant to drive a res that high and I also couldn't afford it. Also 1080 looks fine imo

I think it's the perfect size to slip into my backpack. Also don't listen to the memery about auto brightness, it's not true as they fixed it a while ago.

If you're going to be taking it with you every where like I do, get the 13. If it will be on your desk or at home most of the time, get the 15.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.