[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Social media
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1454995070495.png (27 KB, 477x387) Image search: [Google]
1454995070495.png
27 KB, 477x387
https://techcrunch.com/2016/07/08/messenger-adds-end-to-end-encryption/https://techcrunch.com/2016/07/08/messenger-adds-end-to-end-encryption/

http://www.fbpurity.com/install.htm your welcome

>I don't use fb cause they sell my data
>I don't use social media cause I'm a beta neckbeard and have no real friends
>all my friends and I use skype, tox, and IRC's and think it's 2005 still
>Even tho social media has good things to it, I have no "use" for it
>>
since you're on a tech site, you're expected to understand that end-to-end encryption on Facebook Messenger (or WhatsApp) is completely meaningless

the only reasonable cases for people snooping on you are
> facebook is snooping on you/datamining you, whether automatically or otherwise
> a government agency has access to facebook's data
> someone has physical access to your device or less likely, has compromised it remotely

none of these are solved by this encryption, it's a bunch of a crap
>>
>>55505263
You must be 18 to use 4chan
>>
File: .png (214 KB, 347x462) Image search: [Google]
.png
214 KB, 347x462
>Even tho social media has good things to it
Like what?
>>
All these "encryptions" are a meme.

It doesn't matter if they have a backdoor access to them. Do you really think the largest spy network wants to somehow not spy on you?
>>
>>55505263
>> facebook is snooping on you/datamining you, whether automatically or otherwise
>they sell my data
What data are they selling?
They have no real info of mine other than my name

>>55505332
Golly gee friend! You sure are right!

>>55505351
Socializing, keeping up to date on comics, nerd shit, and so on. I could care aless about 1/2 my friends but I still follow a few people I care about. Sorry you're antisocial
>>
>>55505379

>What data are they selling?
>They have no real info of mine other than my name
There's no need to use Facebook for that. Every site that has a like button automatically generates a cookie even if you don't click it, so Facebook knows which sites you visit.

>Socializing, keeping up to date on comics, nerd shit, and so on.
>what is rss
>what is twitter

>I could care less about 1/2 my friends
Sorry, you're a sociopath
>>
>>55506078
A person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.

You have no idea what you're talking about anon
>>
>>55506124
k tard
>>
>>55506151
K
>>
>>55505379
>Socializing
You're supposed to do that IRL.
>keeping up to date on comics
All worthy ones have their own sites.
>nerd shit
>on normiebook
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.