[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best VR options right now ? Google cardboard looks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
What are the best VR options right now ? Google cardboard looks pretty cool
>>
Maybe if you're retarded.
>>
>>54865211
Vive is the only acceptable consumer VR atm.

Also, please learn how to use Google.
>>
>>54865211
google cardboard is a pretty smart solution but hardware manufactures and google would have to work together to make it a little more viable. Its completely withing their power to do and it wouldnt raise the cost of phones that much, but they probably wont do it.
The phone would need usb 3c or thunderport to display the content (display port and hdmi obviously are a waste of space here) and theyd have to optimize the gyroscope a little more which again is a cheap fix. Real work would have to be google making it so that their api doesnt create lag when displaying and tracking which again isnt too hard for google, but theyd have to want to do it.
Alternatively the phone manufacturers themselves could do it but then you get stuff like the galaxy which only works with certain samsung products.
>>
>>54867481
I used a vive for 9 hours straight, I tried 2 hours of fucking with it to get the focus/optics right. But it is BLURRY AS HELL. NEARLY UNUSABLE BLURRY. I used google cardboard and I did not have this issue. It feels like objects that are far away are blurryt like my eyes are bad and nothing focuses in on my eyes.
>>
>>54867536
>needs cable
lol, you can play ps4 and shit using an Xperia.
You don't need cables.
>>
>>54867578
>I think stream services are good for vr
if you are that uneducated go home. Trinus vr is an example of the current limits of wifi and usb on phones today.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.