[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Snap Fitness General /SFG/ Gym story edition Post your Snap
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Snap Fitness General /SFG/
Gym story edition

Post your Snap Stories,
We laugh,
We cry.
We take a protein tablet every time someone says weight.
>>
File: 1336712489999.png (550 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1336712489999.png
550 KB, 1000x1000
>>36576741
i usually go to snap at indro in glorious Queensland. but im forced to use to one in gosford NSW while im seeing my folks, and its defiantly marketed to the beginner/senior citizen population. theres like 2 BB's in the entire gym the free weight area is tiny like 2/3 is cardio equipment and 'swissball areas'.
ive found that most commercial 24/7 gyms in the last couple of years have become pretty shitty now and are starting to feel more like planet fitness than the no-nonsense, no-frills gyms i stated lifting in.
>tfw i just wanna buy a warehouse and turn it into a gym stuffed with nothing but squat racks, oly platforms and benches and no normiees allowed.
>tfw no money and a terrible social autist
>>
>>36577072
Another Brisbane anon here (Runcorn, southside).

Used to go to the Loganlea one (temporarily unemployed, and rent was cheap), and the Snap Fitness there was literally the only good thing about that shithole.

Empty pretty much all hours of the day during the week (except from 5-7, when the post-work rush was on), and was pretty dead on weekends too in the morning, lots of equipment, and I was able to just mind my fucking business and get on with my workout in peace.

Then I moved, and tried out the one in the Brisbane CBD, because it was near my work. Not anywhere near as good. Noisy, crowded, idiot staff.

Now I go to Goodlife at Garden City. It's a little better than Loganlea Snap in regards to the actual facilities, but I do miss the peace and quiet.
>>
>>36577130
i hear ya anon. i loved indro man the staff are awesome, the regulars are cool as fuck just stay away from it from 4-6 the most frustrating part about gyms with a huge population is the fact that most people around you taking up space just seem to be going through the motions of a work out, they go for years and never seem to change, they get there do some full body bullshit from bb.com and get a kale shake on their way out.
fuck it im gonna call my friend and still see if he wants to open a gym with me.
>>
>>36576741
Mine has two squat racks, one designated bench press and a bunch of benches people are free to move around as they like. t's rare that anyone else uses the squat racks, most people do a circut on the machines or just do cardio, but I usually get the closing shift at work and don't get to the gym until around midnight, I've seen posters of local mock meets with respectable numbers, so they must all go during regular person hours.
>>
>>36576741
>joined snap
>quit 5 days later
feels gewd mayne
>>
LIGHT WEIGHT BABY WOOO

Tried the one near me for 2 months

>First month, free month trial, breddy good
+Free tanning room
+good amount of free weights to decent weight
+decline bench was breddy good
+cables
+good machines

-Benches were shit
-no power cage or actual bench press/bars
-manager was a dick, so I had to go real nigga hours
-two smith machines taking up room

Second month they made the tanning booth another 15 bucks a month so I decided to quit. I can handle bench or squat rack, but no regulation bar period or power cage was dumb as shit
>>
left snap shitness for uni gym.
>>
>>36577072
i also go to snap indro, it's so fucking small and over populated.
>>
>>36576741
Snap fitness? Get that pleb shit out of here.
>>
Snap Narellan represent!

Its got a bench, and power rack, and a bunch of useful things. except there is no space. And they just rearranged so there is almost no space to deadlift.

also, its pretty busy at most of the times I go.. But it works.
>>
>>36577607
>5312x2988
For what fucking purpose, you retarded mongoloid?
>>
Anyone snap central coast here ??
Gosford reporting in
>>
>>36577072
Which guy are you ??? I go Gosford lol
>>
>>36576741
Snap Fitness New Zealand here (Royal oak)

its got a power rack, deadlift platform, squat rack, smith, dedicated bench press, dedicated incline bench a few loose benches. pretty decked out desu, actually more freeweights than machines

works out great cos not many people seem to go there (don't know why)
>>
>>36577130
So true about idiot staff at the Brisbane CBD snap. The others in the area I've tried are so small. Are there any in Brisbane that are a decent size in terms of the "free space green area." -someome who fucks around with the ez bars and kettlebells
>>
I tried Snap West End it was about 2mx2m and had 40 people in there so instead I became Anytime master race before home gymming bc I didn't like riding my bike up the hill from montague Rd to Gladstone Rd
>>
>>36576741
went to swap to snap because it's only 2/3 the cost of my current gym
>tiny room
>absolutely packed
>only a single cage
>zero free space for deadlifting
no thanks

i'll stick with genesis
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.