[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok /fit/ I know the so called Yoyo effect is very much a real
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
Ok /fit/ I know the so called Yoyo effect is very much a real thing. It is a biologically proven process and if it happens it takes the body around 7 years to "forget" filling the fat cells and starts building muscle instead.

But I don't know how true the fearmongering surrounding it is, and how likely getting it is if you're not fad dieting without doing sports.

As far as what I've read is true, you can prevent this by doing full body workouts and trying to hit every muscle as you go so the body doesn't even "notice" that it's technically starving and emptying it's important fat resources in storage and instead acts normal because the exercise counteracts the technical "starvation mode".

Now my question is, which lifts or machines should I add to my workout so I can hit more muscles I might be neglecting with my current workout to prevent the yoyo effect ?

Currently I'm doing:
Squats
OHP/Military Press
Deadlift
Bench Press
Barbell Row (Bent over, not Pendlay)
Leg Press (Machine)
Low Row (Machine)
Seated Calf Raises (Machine)
Biceps Curls (Machine)
Abdominal Crunches (Machine)

Am I missing something important or is this good enough to prevent getting the yoyo effect and delaying /makingit/ for 7 years ?
>>
>>36568956
Yoyo effect as in, once you stop eating at a caloric deficit after losing weight and start eating the amount of calories required to maintain your original bodyweight you will gain weight?

You can prevent that by not eating like a fat fuck.

Making it is a lifestyle choice. You can't make it then revert back to old habits once you've got to where you wanted.
>>
File: 1442402189642.gif (1 MB, 300x197) Image search: [Google]
1442402189642.gif
1 MB, 300x197
Here is your reply. You're a faggot. Fuck off. We don't want you here.
>>
>>36568977
No, not at maintenance, as I hear it's mostly people losing weight but still being a fat fuck and eating at their original maintenance, as Isaid this mostly applies to people who lose weight without exercising.

Currently I'm cutting at 1500kcal and lost around 10kg already but I don't want to just cut to skelly and then stay there, when I'm down to a reasonable bf% I want to bulk/cut x F for the next few years to improve my physique, and if my workout isn't enough and my body keeps the fat cells available for filling, when I try bulking, even if the surplus is low like 200-400kcal all of that will go into supplying the fat cells and not building muscles because the body prioritizes these fat cells if you get the biological effect (not the HAES I have no self control bullshit)
>>
>>36569096
And from what mysterious source have you gotten this information? Your aunt, a female fitness magazine, do someone want you to pay money for a personal dietplan?
>>
The "yoyo effect" happens because people diet for a little while, lose the weight, and then go back to however they were eating before.

Don't think of it as a "diet". Think of it as "learning how to eat the way people who aren't fat eat normally."
>>
>>36569264
No, in biology class we currently have macronutrients as the topic and when we got to fats the teacher explained the biological reasoning behind the so called yoyo effect
>>
>>36569506
Your teacher is a tumblr autist fat cunt then, the yoyo effect is only real if you have no will power and no self control. It's simply fucking calories in calories out. Lift some god damn weights and stop thinking this is rocket science.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.