[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Medfag here. Answering questions as best I can for the next
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: m8-67_a3t_xfZynr_PjP0Yw.jpg (3 KB, 150x225) Image search: [Google]
m8-67_a3t_xfZynr_PjP0Yw.jpg
3 KB, 150x225
Medfag here.

Answering questions as best I can for the next hour to pass the time until I'm off-call.

Happy to also answer questions about being a loldrlol or medical school I guess.
>>
>>36249863
I'm a student at Commjnity college, and I had a sort of dream of being a doctor, but I'm afraid I've messed my chances. I have a couple semesters where I've withdrawn and held a bad grade from classes due to personal issues in my life. Do you think that had any effect of getting into med school. And how do you make it out to being in med school and school in general, like any tips for success and to help stay concentrated and focused?
>>
First year nursing student here, is it fire there's expected to be a massive shortage in the next few years?
>>
>>36249905

I was kicked out of high school and also had to repeat my final year because I failed on attendance. I graduated with shitty scores and then failed out of 3-4 attempts at going to college due to honestly not caring.

It was only when I was working a crap job that I decided to get real with my life. Start off small with a simple degree that gives you good foundations like a straight science degree and just focus on that for all you're worth. You need to learn some discipline before you ever have a hope of going to med school. The problem is that a lot of people psych themselves out by saying:

"I need to do x and y and z" to become a doctor. This is wrong, you need to do X and THEN y and THEN z. If you take it step-by-step it's more of a staircase than a mountain.
>>
>>36249929

I'd have to know your location. Generally, nursing is a good, stable career choice. Piss easy job most of the time and excellent room for advancement. ICU nurses make serious bank.
>>
>>36249949
Canada, should have clarified
>>
>>36249973

Can't really speak for canada but I have friends who are from Canada who came to study here and they say there's shortages in a lot of places.
>>
Got flu about a week ago– most symptoms are gone now, except lingering dry cough.

should i try doing some cardio? My thought was it my loosen up flem / sweat out bad shit…

or would i be doing more harm then good
>>
>>36249985

I'd say if it's been a week you're probably good to start going again I'd just take it slowly and start at maybe 75% of what you were doing beforehand. If you get short of breath just take a breather.

Wait you mentioned cardio, I'm afraid this will kill your gains. RIP (am I doing /fit/ right?)
>>
Right hip flexor/psoas are extremely tight, even after lots of stretching taking months off heavy lifting. Using these muscles when my hip is very flexed (bottom of a deep squat, a high step, fast cycling) hurts and irritates my right lower back.

I hurt my back (slipped/bluged a disc) a few years ago, but have since recovered and set sick PRs. However, any pain in the area makes me very nervous.

wat do

what leg exercises do you recommend for someone in my condition?
>>
>>36249863
Any tips for undergrad?
Studying advice?
>>
If I fart and sneeze at the same time will I get aneurysm?
>>
>>36250027

What stretching have you been doing? Have you seem a physio at all?
>>
I've got numerous pea sized lumps right along with groin crease. I've had them for as long as I can remember. They aren't tender of painful.
Am I die?
>>
>>36249863
What's a good treatment for bruising in addition to ice?

Knuckles specifically if that changes anything
>>
>>36249863
When I do heavy sets of squats (like 350 lbs for 5) my eyes sometimes get bloodshot/a little pink. Anything I can/should do about that?
>>
>>36250051
My groin crease*
Also both sides.
>>
>>36250051

Probably lymph nodes, get your GP to check them out next time you're there. I wouldn't worry much.
>>
Any idea why the inside of my forearms hurt when i do barbell curls

Inside when theyre upside down holding tbe bar
>>
>>36250053

Hirudoid cream, might need a prescription from your doctor otherwise you can get it at a pharmacy.
>>
>>36250036

Use onenote or evernote to keep all your notes in one place. Use Anki to make flashcards and put them on your phone. Take classes that are easy to boost your GPA if you're looking to go into something else.

For exams, study the exam itself at least as much as you study for the exam.
>>
>>36250077
Yeah need a script for it here (japan). Was hoping fir something over the counter. Voltarin is really expensive for some reason, 3000y (like 30 burgerbucks)
>>
>>36250072

I have no idea what inside while they are upside-down means sorry. Do you mean your cubital fossa?

http://image.slidesharecdn.com/anteriorcompartmentofcubitalfossaandarmmedicosnotes-150818190435-lva1-app6892/95/anterior-compartment-of-cubital-fossa-and-arm-medicos-notescom-16-638.jpg?cb=1439925919
>>
>>36250089
Anki seems to take forever and what i actually get out if it doesnt work for me. Any other strategies for remembering what the teacher says
>>
>>36250100

You might be able to get voltaren amugel cheaper, I'd try that. Otherwise rest, ice, elevation.
>>
>>36250101
I mean like the left side of my right foream and right side of the left one close to my wrist
>>
>>36250046
Couch stretch, various hip opening yoga poses, Russian baby maker, figure 4... Basically working range of motion in hip flexion and extension as well as external rotation, and keeping hamstrings loose.

Saw physical therapist PhD but they couldn't diagnose it.
>>
>>36250112

Try using cornell notes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtW9IyE04OQ

Otherwise type notes during lecture, re-write by hand at home. Go through and highlight the key info and then look for practice questions or examples. Application of information is the easiest way to learn it.
>>
>>36250127

If it's bilateral then I assume it's due to weakness. Try a hand gripper or switching from barbell to dumbell curls and see if you get the same issue.
>>
>>36250140

Go see a physio. I'm all for diagnosing MSK problems but honestly physios are the shit when it comes to actually rehabbing you. Ask your GP for a referral though, there's plenty of shite ones out there
>>
File: stupidsonofabeeeeeeeech.gif (1 MB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
stupidsonofabeeeeeeeech.gif
1 MB, 371x209
>>36250042
Nah, your body will get caught in a perpetual flow of jarring motion from the force's feedback of each emission resulting in cardiac arrest and a seizure
>>
>>36249905
What he said >>36249939 focus on passing the class you have now then move on to the next step then move on to the next plan this shit out I'm also in community college dropped out of college first year if you are around in the next 3 years on this meme board i'll let you know
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.