[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 5+ years deep into lifting and I've noticed that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 9325002395.jpg (22 KB, 261x320) Image search: [Google]
9325002395.jpg
22 KB, 261x320
I'm 5+ years deep into lifting and I've noticed that more muscular I've become, the more social/performance anxiety I get.

I don't have the personality/charisma/lifestyle of someone who has a athletic muscular body. I was literally a high-school drop out NEET with no friends for a solid 8 years before I started lifting.

How can I over-come this?
>>
go outside and fuck up conversations. drop da spaghetti, stutter, draw blanks, look retarded, but you'll be gaining experience and it will come naturally.
>>
inb4 "post pics"

I'm not looking to turn this into a mirin thread where people just say admire my physique and disregard everything I just said and pretend like I must have perfect mental health due to having a muscular and lean body, keep it on topic.
>>
>>37949723
I am 28, I can't do that at this age. You have very little chances for social connections at this age. Small fuck ups can get you alienated/ostracized very quickly at this age.
>>
Being fit has nothing to do with having people skills or being articulate.
You learn a skill by using it, that should be obvious.
>>
>>37949713
take mma classes.
The ability and knowledge that you can kick most peoples asses gives you a major confidence boost.
>>
>>37949713
I recommend getting a prescription for prozac. I'm 31 and have had social anxiety all my life since I've been around 5-6. Tried everything, anti psychotics, sedatives, weed, phenibut, narcotics, etc. Nothing helped. Then I tried prozac and for me it was amazing. It was as if this shield of ignorance lifted and I could finally start to learn how to socialize. Been taking it for 9 months or so at this point and it has changed how I see the world, myself, and just has made me happy! This lets me take discouraging failures in social interaction and learn, also I'm able to have self esteem which makes it possible to interact with people.. I'd highly recommend it.
>>
>>37949750
Yeah you can. I'm over 30 and I used to tell myself that all the time. Funny thing is, when you go out with the intent to meet new people you always end up meeting new people. Keep fucking up those convos anon. There's 3 billion women to talk to in the world. You'll only burn through about 200 overcoming your autism.
>>
>>37949750
Nah, you can do it at 28, I did
Of course I got sick of other people and I'm a shut in now
>>
>>37949750
see that's the thing...you're GOING to fuck up and you HAVE to accept that. you're going to say something retarded that will get you alienated because you don't know any better about social interactions.

it's like asking how to become a championship boxer without boxing. you don't.
>>
>>37949713
Has nothing to do with body. Your social skills are rusty.
>finishing work
>guy says see you
>say "see you boy" to him
>meant to say bud/boys(few other guys with him)
>he can be my grandfather
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.