[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ Careers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 23
File: jobs.jpg (93 KB, 624x350) Image search: [Google]
jobs.jpg
93 KB, 624x350
What career or job do you have? Is it a /fit/ job or does it allow you enough time for gainz?
>>
Warehouse supervisor for a recycling company.

Building skids and unloading large items (TVs, dishwashers) is great for gainz.

Sitting on my ass doing paperwork or driving around picking up shit for general maintenance is a goblin.

Overall pretty /fit/
>>
File: pbj.jpg (111 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
pbj.jpg
111 KB, 600x450
I'm a grocery stocker for a company called meijer, just basically a local wal-mart

I start working a new job on the eleventh as a Patient Safety Assistant at the local hospital.

Meijer is a definite 8/10 on the fit spectrum, sometimes its slow but i'm always on my feet lifting something or running around helping someone. Not as taxing if you run which I do, certainly not a roofing level job too.
>>
>>37839748

Start as a bank teller on the 18th.
>>
Currently unemployed but was a chef with a masters in chemistry. Starting a course to do physiotherapy in September but shall probably also study mechanical engineering part time. I suffer from being intelligent but not really having ever had any direction. Parents weren't really into driving me, they were hippies.
>>
>>37839748
Run a small engineering consulting firm.

Desk work. Long hours. Great money.

Steroids and kettlebells are where I get my gains.
>>
>>37839748
I'm a procurement manager for a big retail chain

Considering I am responsible to buy the meat for over 500 shops (and I get as much free meat as I want), yes, it is very /fit/

On the downside, it is very sttessful
>>
I've been working for 8 months as a trainee shipbroker

It's not a /fit/ job I sit at an office all day
But I may have to inspect a ship one day and that's really hard work, some ships have holds as deep as a 5-story building. Imagine having to go up and down a ladder 25m tall for all 9 holds just to inspect them and take pictures.
Shit I doubt I could manage right now.
>>
File: 23-06-13-jRjL34RS.jpg (112 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
23-06-13-jRjL34RS.jpg
112 KB, 1252x1252
>>37841033
>was a chef with a masters in chemistry
>>
>>37840853
question, do you actually bend at the knees?
I used to work at various warehouses and I've never seen anyone do a full squat when picking something heavy off the floor.
everyone just sort of crouched down and lifted more with their back than their legs.
>>
Just finished my doctorate, trying to find a job and prepare for boards. Right now I have plenty of time for lifting whenever I want, will definitely need to plan shit out once I get a job though.
>>
i own a small construction company, do all the work myself.

really /fit/ job because the work is physically very hard.

i go to the gym 4 times a week, then i work about 10 hours, other 3 days i work 12-16 hours.
>>
>>37839748
MedComms

9-5 job, so I have time in the evening to workout
>>
Drug Rehab Counselor

I help addicts get fit since:

1) I'm known as the guy who lifts a shit ton and can run a lot of miles
2) Involving a physical fitness program into their recover has to shown to decrease rates of relapse, help them lose fat from the shitty meals the "dietician" thinks is necessary (she plans shitty meals), and help prevent injuries from when they're being idiots.

I exercise with thrm all the time.
>>
Nurse.

This week I've had only evening shifts and I haven't lifted since last sunday.
>>
>>37839748
hoping to do firefighting

have heard good things from anons on /fit/

its a physical job, you get plenty of time off, and sometimes you get paid to lift at the station
>>
File: 1455420039933.jpg (119 KB, 1024x745) Image search: [Google]
1455420039933.jpg
119 KB, 1024x745
PhD student and sessional instructor. I lift after lectures so I get to stink up my office.
>>
Part time warehouse. Pays $14/hr and i live in a cheap part of the country, so i get by on 20 hrs per week just fine. Go to gym twice per day.
>>
>>37841691
Its a tough job mentally, you'll see some sad shit. Good luck with it anyways
>>
>>37841691
Be a cop instead. Pays better
>>
>>37841509
How did you get this job? I'm interested since just throwing myself into weightlifting and health really helped me get out of addiction
>>
Filthy gaijin english teacher. Shit's great. I squat and OHP my elementary kids and play soccer with my middle school kids.
>>
>>37840853

might be doing something like this soon, seems like a cush job
>>
Formally a receptionist, now a recruitment consultant at the same place after 2 months, not sure if it was my work ethic or l33t gains.
>>
Physician currently specializing.
Definitely not optimal for gains, but when you get the routine going it works just fine. I have to do my training before going to work, otherwise I will be too tired.
>>
File: 1323229196552.jpg (102 KB, 640x615) Image search: [Google]
1323229196552.jpg
102 KB, 640x615
>>37841034
>Run a small engineering consulting firm.

How long are you running ? How did you start ? Starting capital ? Where did you find clients ? What kind of engineering ?

More info please, engineering major here (parents forced me, lel). Always wanted to have my own business.

P-please respond.
>>
>>37841827
I shadowed with my local department for one of my classes at college, and I ended up seeing a few decently gnarly calls (one guy ended up dying, he was older but we came to his house and they did CPR on him + Epi while his wife and daughter were in the room). It was sad for sure, but I was able to handle it and not lose any sleep. I think thats a good sign.

>>37841845
not totally concerned with pay and Id say being a cop is more difficult to get into, less rewarding, and people hate you a lot more
>>
>>37841847
Native speaker ? I wonder how hard is it land an english teacher job as a non native speaker.

Honestly if I was the one hiring I would expect perfect accent, native speaker, etc.
>>
>>37841846
My job itself required a degree since I do clinical services like diagnosing, risk assessments, and therapy groups. However, you can get what we call "line staff" with just a high school diploma. Look for residential treatment places in your area. I'm going to assume you're in the US? If so, you can look at https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/ and see if there's any residential or inpatient treatment in your area.
>>
File: spearfishing.jpg (6 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
spearfishing.jpg
6 KB, 278x181
>>37839748
I do spearfishing charters in florida.
>>
File: comfy pepe 1.jpg (44 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
comfy pepe 1.jpg
44 KB, 409x409
>being a wagecuck
You all are never going to make it.
>>
>>37842000
Been running 15 years now total.

Sarted with a bunch of friends from school.

Our parents fronted us capital. I come from a family of bankers, one of my partners is European nobility, and most of the others come from 1% families, too. Burned through $10MM in seed money in 5 years before they cut us off and we went bankrupt and started over finding our own funding here and there from contacts we'd made and hadn't totaly alienated.

Clients are leg work and networking. Former school friends and profs would put us in contact with people who could use us. Then references and following up and more following up. And doing great work.

We did petroleum engineering until recently, but we've been moving over to chemical engineering in general.

General tips: don't go it alone. Make sure at least one person in your group understands business and accounting. Don't make big bets that will bankrupt you in one go.
>>
>>37842187
Not everyone is a trust fund babby, kiddo. And nearly all of those who are won't have their fortunes by the time their kids are grown.
>>
Lifeguard at my gym
Go to work an hour before to fit in a workout then just sit on my phone for 6 hours :)
>>
Engineer at a petrochemical company. 40 hour weeks with flexible schedules. Plenty of time for lifting.
>>
>>37842346

You seem like a nice guy, but it's just absurd to hear this.

>Burned through $10MM
>>
>>37842047
There's like half a dozen flips in the same company. They claim to want 12 years of English education but if you've got the language proficiency qualifications to back it up you're probably good. If you're already in japan doubly so.
>>
>>37841845

You a cop, fám? Can I pick your brain about the job?
>>
>>37841152
Because that's how you lift shit up when working.
You don't check your form and adjust your position just to be able to lift 6 things off the ground and then get tired for a minute or more. You just do it the most time- and energy-saving way.

Source: raised at a Slavic farm, used to lift heavy equipment and other stuff.
>>
Med student

Not a lot of time, but i try to lift at least 5 times a week
>>
>>37841152
>>37842442

I do use proper form whenever I lift heavy. I can because I'm a supervisor and do what I want. I make sure all the other young people do to. All of my <20yo staff know about "hip drahv"
>>
>>37842346
Interesting.

So even with a large initial capital you guys went bankrupt. Was it due to inexperience or lack of clients/lack of advertising or overflowing market ?

How did you guys got back up ?
>>
>>37842394
It's actually closer to 30 if you count all the contracts and patents we fucked ourselves out of. And this was right at the peak of the last economic bubble, too. At least we finished in the black once all the accounts were settled. Even if it wasn't enough to buy pizza.

A couple of us spent a couple years in B school after our premature death, and we started back up right as the crash of '08 happened so we picked up equipment for basically nothing on the dollar.

Luckiest boys in tne world, really.
>>
>>37842399
Cheers. Nice dubs.
>>
>>37842497
Stupid decisions and inexperience. We were competent at the engineering but nothing else and too arrogant to hire help.

More here:
>>37842498
>>
>>37839748
Statistician.
>brian gains
>demanding hours, but get paid a shit ton

It's a good career and you get a shit ton of respect.
>>
File: 1433809177758.jpg (66 KB, 576x478) Image search: [Google]
1433809177758.jpg
66 KB, 576x478
>>37842485
Cool story brah.
>>
I run shipping and receiving for Real Doll, the most famous sex toy company in the world. It's 70% desk work 30% light labor. Not /fit/ but I work full time, go to school at night, and hit the gym for 2 hours every other day... I think about killing myself daily.
>>
>>37842542
An actual statistician with a PhD, or an actuary?
>>
File: 1467490859907.png (74 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
1467490859907.png
74 KB, 412x351
>NEET
>literally nothing I enjoy in life but lifting
>too autistic to be a PT
>>
>>37842632
what do you do when you're not lifting?
>>
>>37842632
All you need to do is spout broscience and show normies how machines work while shilling spin classes et al
>>
>>37842647
Looks like he posts pepe memes on 4chan.
>>
>>37842655
And sell protein powder.
>>
Electrician, some days I'm too tired after work to go to the gym but those are the ones where I get a pretty good workout at work so I'd say it isn't too bad
>>
gas plant operator. i walk around a whole bunch and sometimes climb some ladders. it's not exactly /fit/ but it's not sitting at a desk either.
>>
>>37842647
Shitpost.
>>
>>37841002
Pharmacy Intern at Meijer here. Love my job, pretty good pay, great hours, great coworkers. I have plenty of time to hit the gym and have a life while still making great money. Stand in a little air conditioned box from earliest 7:30am to 9pm at the latest counting drugs and typing scripts.
>>
>>37842724
qualifications to get job?
I know that shit is good money
>>
>>37841033
How to make mefth?
>>
>>37842810
> 730-2100
> great hours
>>
>>37841033
Start a business. Sell labware to the idiots who do molecular gastronomy or something.
>>
>>37842907
Dont forget about the standing in a little box part.
>>
>>37842810
how to get job pls
>>
Maintenance guy at some apartment buildings. Get to build and fix stuff, use power tools, and work with my hands all day so it's usually interesting. Lots of walking, running up stairs, climbing ladders, so it's pretty fit I'd say. It's always nice catching the occasional 'mire from a qt3.14 tenant too
>>
Paramedic, am i /fit/ approved?
>>
>>37841845
I don't hate on what cops do, but with all the niggers and shit rioting lately I wouldn't want to deal with that

I appreciate people who can handle it though
>>
>>37842428

Not the guy you replied to, but I'm a cop in the DC area, what do you want to know?
>>
>>37842966
Do you eat your weight in takeout?
>>
>>37841768
>stinky PhD student

PAJEET MY SON
>>
>>37842974
No, i prep meals why?
>>
>Network Engineer
>Have to pull all nighters at least 3 times a month for work

Employment is a gains goblin
>>
>>37842361
Most people who post the wagecuck meme are welfare/autismbux leeches
>>
>>37839748
Firefighter for a large city. Part-time studying software development for second career or something to do when I'm old.
>>
File: 1453152254696.jpg (72 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
1453152254696.jpg
72 KB, 709x765
>>37839748
>college student
>nothing has the slightest appeal to me
>like working out so everyone says i should be a PT but seems retarded and takes 8 fucking years
Figured since im good at math might as well be an engineer but that also has 0 appeal to me.
>>
>>37842983
Never watched one of your coworkers slowly get fat as he ordered six or eight takeout meals during a 24 hour shift?

That described nearly every one of my coworkers when I was a paramedic.
>>
>>37842810
Pharmacy Meijer has almost no similarity to the rest of the store, the pay is shit outside that little box I assure you. At least in MI it is. The people are always cool memesters though.
>>
File: 1399552982089.jpg (398 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1399552982089.jpg
398 KB, 2048x1536
Officer in army
>bretty nice.
>>
>>37842980
>he doesn't stink after sweating
LOW TEST
O
W

T
E
S
T
>>
File: lineman.jpg (33 KB, 365x471) Image search: [Google]
lineman.jpg
33 KB, 365x471
>>37839748

Eletrical Lineman, you may not be climbing all the time but you will have bad ass shoulders, forearms, grip, and upper back even if you just work out of a "bucket".

I worked on the ground for 2 years and caught my trainer mirin my traps
>>
>>37842970
What you like about the job, what you hate about it. If you had the opportunity to do everything again, would you still pick being a cop. What you think are the most important assets or characteristics for a cop.
>>
>>37842847
1 year of schooling to get my 4th class power engineering cert, going back in the fall and i'll have my 3rd (canada here). I think in the US you can just walk in and run high pressure boilers and shit, but they probably hire mil people with experience running that shit. More about knowing someone who can get you a job with oil in the shitter atm though. And yes the money is good. Working night shift atm, most people sleep for 4 hours or watch movies because there's nothing going on.
>>
>>37843020
Start a business.
>>
File: le barrel man.jpg (3 MB, 1800x1322) Image search: [Google]
le barrel man.jpg
3 MB, 1800x1322
>>37843004
Yo how competitive is it to get hired at a large city, I hear there's like 3-4 times the number of applicants as spots open.

What can I do to improve my chances?
>>
>>37843023
Why did you quit? Also what country?

Have to do a degree now in England.
>>
>>37842907
>>37842932
I wouldn't work 730-9 every day. That's just the time the pharmacy is open. An 8 hour shift somewhere in that time frame leaves plenty of time for hobbies and a family. I'm happy standing in the box.

>>37842940
For a pharm tech job at meijer, apply online, then walk in, ask to speak to the pharmacy manager, and make it known that you are interested in the job and tell them that you've applied. They will pay for your training and get you licensed. Techs in my area start making $10 an hour, with 2 $1 raises that come as fast as you are able to take advancement testing, and yearly raises. It isn't the best pay, but it is a good entry level job, and it looks pretty okay on a resume, especially if you are going into the medical field. Best of luck to you.
>>
>>37843046
Be amazing. Have experience.

.mil will make you a firefighter
>>
>>37843004
How hard is it to become a firefighter? Any tips? I'm getting EMT certified soon, I know I can pass the CPAT easily, I have a college degree in Athletic Training with a 3.7 GPA. I have one connection to a woman who knows a lot of firefighters (current and retired) in the Boston area, and I'm trying to get some connections there to work out going to the Fire Academy and etc.
>>
>>37843066
Currently going into the USMC for four years, so that should help
>>
>>37843047
Got hurt (back) and couldn't work. Went back to school. Still in school for comp sci.
>>
>>37841845
Am britcop. Job is fairly fit. Lot of walking. Very little running lots of paperwork.

Free gym in the nick and discounts everywhere is gud
>>
>>37843085
That sucks, did you enjoy it otherwise?
>>
>>37843091
Do you guys actually arrest people for not paying their telly tax, or is that just a meme?
>>
>>37843047
USA. Need an EMT-P cert here, which is basically a one year degree.
>>
>>37843030
You are absolutely right. I know, and I wish that weren't the case. If it makes it any better, all floor workers at my store and most of the stores I float to are cool.
>>
Work on a field crew in a 8,600 acre nature reserve. Run chainsaws, hike miles of trails a day, drive atvs/utvs/tractors daily and kill invasive species. Lift heavy things.Hard as fuck some days but I like it. Sometimes even go an entire week without seeing a member of the public.
>>
>>37843093
Great job. I'd still be doing it if I could. Back is fine now, but I'm medically disqualified according to my former employer's insurance company.
>>
Office jobs minus a commute are the best for making gains, hard physical jobs (construction) are generally not good, office jobs with a serious commute are the worst.
>>
>>37843040
I just want a minimal job to support myself. Having the stress of running a business would drive me to suicide.
>>
>>37843147
Small business. Sell shit on ebay or whatever. One or two days a week. Lots of scripts to do the work. Easy couple grand a month.
>>
>lift boxes off assembly line onto pallet for 10 hours a day
>job is pseudo-cardio and debatably a gains goblin because of how tired it leaves me

I haven't missed a workout yet but I've had to use the roll of shame a lot and dropped a few deadlifts because they always put me on the worst line of the day on my gym days. I always go after work due to logistical issues.

Fucking great for my cut though.
>>
>>37843038
Good things: get to actually help people, and decent pay, plus lots of opportunities for learning and promotions/special duty assignments (k9/swat)

Bad things: in the US everyone thinks I'm a racist asshole, plus there's lots of paperwork and I get stuck at work late often.

Anyone in good shape with a good attention to detail is a good pick. You also have to be willing to get dirty once in a while (homeless and crackheads)
>>
>>37843194
>in the US everyone thinks I'm a racist asshole, plus there's lots of paperwork and I get stuck at work late often.

Only idiot liberals, not everyone
>>
>>37843194
And don't be too bright or you won't buy the line of bullshit about "helping people," and you'll get bored sitting around doing nothing.

IQ of 115 absolute max.
>>
>>37843247
Anyone who understands public choice theory knows there are two kinds of cops: racist assholes and rookies.
>>
>>37842466
I'm curious about medical school. I'm deciding between pharmacy, medical, or PA school. I shadow at a private orthopedic practice and a lot of the doctors and surgeons say to not go to medical school. They say stuff like, "it's financial suicide" or "I wouldn't let my kids go to medical school." The only guy to tell me to go to medical school is a neurologist that went to med school in the Caribbean. I can't remember where he did his residency. My sister is a PA and she loves it so far, so I'm starting to consider that instead. I've been set on medical school but after having 20+ doctors tell me not to go, I'm starting to think otherwise.
>>
>>37839748
accountant.

Did a 3 year bachelor. Now i have to work and study taxes for 2 years in the evening. 3 evenings per week from 17:30 - 21:30. After that a hardcore internship of 3 years to become a Certified extern accountant.

This shit is gonna destroy my social life and gainz. But the money is too good to refuse.
>>
>>37843282
Doesn't matter where you go to med school. Matters where you do your residency.

Look into DO programs. You're a real, board certified doctor who can prescribe drugs and everythingg, but it's a shit ton cheaper because you have to sit through chiropractic training.
>>
File: 1239623526325.jpg (17 KB, 400x449) Image search: [Google]
1239623526325.jpg
17 KB, 400x449
I became a finance & data consultant after spending about 6 months after grad school trying to find an office job. I eventually came to the realization that while people value my work, nobody wants to work with me on a daily basis. I make my own hours, as projects don't require me to have regular hours except for scheduled meetings/phone calls. People in the suburbs seem generally confused when I'm running errands in the early afternoon, and constantly ask if I'm on my lunch break or took the day off.
>>
I know the school doesn't matter and all that matters is where you did your residency. But since the only doctor to tell me to go went to medical school out in the Caribbean (easier than US schools), it's hard to take him seriously. I'm not exactly interested in DO school.
I'm really curious about what other anons think of why these doctors are saying that.
A lot of them just say it's not worth the stress and paying off loans until you're 40+.
>>
>>37843399
Get into med school and join the military. They'll pay for your med school, and you'll get to do doctoring instead of paperwork. Meh pay, but no debt. Try to get into reconstructive surgery. It'll be an easy path to plastic surgery after you get out.

Or see about scholarships.
>>
>>37843399
My girlfriend is a surgical resident and I was with her through medical school. It is a tremendous undertaking with a lot of risk and debt, and then you get to look forward to being broke for the next decade before you start to get paid. In general my friends that became pharmacists and PAs seem much less burdened and enjoying their lives already.
>>
>>37843399
Particular strain on social life and family interaction is a major factor that you have to keep in mind too. Stress is very high. You can't leave work at work.

Many doctors told me the same thing they've told you, which is why i made the switch to pharmacy. It isn't for everybody though.
>>
>>37843194

Cool, thanks for the insight. I'm going to a recruitment expo next week. I'm hoping to apply for academy not long after that.
>>
>>37843194

How much of your day would you say you spend behind a desk? That's probably my biggest gripe with my current line of work. Sitting at a desk all day is complete brain death.
>>
>>37839748
theoretical physicist
>>
>>37843023
Fellow paramedic and yes. I've come to know the three types of medics at least for where I work. /fit/, slightly over weight/out of shape, and fatty.
>>
>>37839748
I work as the overnight person for the front desk of a hotel. The job is piss easy, and I spend most of my night doing nothing but reading or watching shows on my tablet. But the pay is garbage, and trying to maintain a social life is hard.

I work 9-7am, Sun-wed and go the gym afterwords. Come the weekend I switch my sleep schedule around so that I can actually do stuff during the day. Shit pays merry Hell with the body and I'm exhausted pretty much all the time. 2 years of this takes a toll on you if you can't adjust well .
>>
>>37843652
With us it was not fat (everybody added "yet" but some of us never got fat), getting fat, and deskbound.
>>
>>37843636
What field?
>>
Fireman. Free gym membership. Time to workout on shift. Bitches mirin all day
>>
>>37843709
thermodynamics and quantum. tryed relitivity but it was boring
>>
>>37843690
I volunteer for a rural service out where my parents live a couple shifts a month and almost everyone is a fatty. The director is great but she weighs on the 200 Ibs range and is 5'4.
>>
Just became a marine. Using as stepping stone to further education, I have no money. I want to become a homicide detective for nyc
>>
>>37843716
absolutely boring ro relatively boring?
>>
>>37843732
Is that your research or are you just an undergrad?
>>
>>37843716
Paid or volunteer? I worked with a bunch of volunteers in the past and I've never met a group of people with their heads do far up their own asses. Especially the ones between 16-26 or so. They couldn't go five minutes without mentioning the fire house, how many calls they were on or just putting their radio on full fucking blast so that we could hear every call.
>>
>>37843742
Not a lot to do sitting on your ass in a box waiting for a call except eat, read, and, if you're lucky, fuck.
>>
>>37843760
research man.got stuck with string theory.literally do nothing .
>>
>>37843786
Has string theory generated any testable hypotheses yet? I haven't kept up.
>>
>>37843786
Oh really? I've been interested in string theory for a while. How do you usually quantize Wilson loop quantities? How is it made to be consistent with existing results in QFT such as the reconstruction theorem?
>>
>>37843801
not really just a bunch of trash if you ask me.it is basically just a guessing game as there is no way we can calculate the unimaginably small amount of energy that it would give to signify its existence.
>>
can someone redpill me on the military as a recent college grad
>>
>>37843774
A lot of it out there is utter poor diet. It's a pretty slow compared to where I work. they average one call a day. I average 12-16 a shift.
>>
>>37843840
Choose a MOS that will give you in demand skills as an officer, only sign the contract if you get the job you want guarenteed
>>
>>37843813
google it if you want a actual answer man.not the guy to talk to.Like I said I majored in quantum and thermodynamics
>>
>>37843839
Also tell me about how supersymmetric gauge theories on Calabi-Yau manifolds give rise to the famous 10 spatial dimensions that we've all heard so much about. I mean if you're doing research on string theory you should know at least this much right?
>>37843878
Hey man you can give me a bare-boned run-down if you want, I have knot theory and TQFT background so I likely will know the terms you use.
>>
>>37843892
you literally just googled string theory didn't you?
>>
>>37839748
plant operator for a company that processes medical waste

>on my feet all night
>move like 5 miles minimum every night
>manhandling 20-60lb rubs when downstacking
>often get 60-90lb tubs
>when dumping, pretty much throwing several hundred of these tubs every hour
>sweat like a whore in church in the summer
>freeze like a homeless guy in Moscow in the winter

for real though, the shit works your shoulders and back pretty good. cutting boxes is the shit for getting a good burn in your delts, since it requires you to have your arms out in front of you for a good 20 god damn minutes.
>>
Applying to get into PT school next year.

I push shopping carts for 8 hours a day. usually end up walking and pushing 18-20 miles a day
>>
>>37841002
Been to a Meijer once. Hipster walmart confirmed. At least they stock 2liter bottles of club soda. I like club soda.
>>
File: 1464563561144.jpg (140 KB, 937x1398) Image search: [Google]
1464563561144.jpg
140 KB, 937x1398
>>37843903
Why would you think that anon? Why not explain how the questions were "google-like" instead of answering it? Or would you rather answer it?
>>
>>37843917
also, enlisting in Muh Corps soon because I have no opportunities whatsoever and I don't want to get stuck here and kill myself from boredom and failure before 35.
>>
>>37843927
look man I was put in a group of hyper autists a month ago to "brainstorm" a way to calculate string theory in a way that would help unify physics.I spoke to them the day we were put together and haven't since.I am not eh guy to ask.to believe or even work on something as confounded as string theory you have to be a literal sperg.two of the guys were shaking when we met.I really dont understand or want to understand how string theory works.
>>
>>37843982
How can you call something "confounded" if you don't understand it?
>I was put in a group of hyper autists a month ago to "brainstorm" a way to calculate string theory in a way that would help unify physics.
Putting aside the fact that the phrase "a way to calculate string theory in a way that would help unify physics" is nonsensical, I'm interested in how you got yourself in that position. Would you like to share your story anon?
>>
>>37839748
Accounting bro out of Philly, big 4

Pretty easy April through December 9am - 5pm, some random travel over summer.

January through March can be hell though, some 80-100 hour weeks which i pretty much just work and sleep but that's bulking get fat season anyways.
>>
>>37843772
>I'm a fireman
>No, I didn't go through a rigorous selection process or months of getting screamed at by scary people wearing smoky bears.
>why yes, I am an egomaniacal dicktard.
>>
>>37843927
is steins:gate worth watching brah
>>
HS teacher. I like it. The school food is terrible but the gym is open at 5:30am and 3:30pm.
>>
File: 1450650050307.png (336 KB, 800x906) Image search: [Google]
1450650050307.png
336 KB, 800x906
>>37844088
No it's terrible. Shitty story, shitty plot devices and shitty drama.
>>
electrician here, its pretty good for overall fitness as there is always something different to do.

lots of work off ladders and always carrying my toolbelt is pretty good for my legs and helps me with my cycling.

Moving rolls of wire can be like 150lb farmers walks

pulling wire can be a lot like cable rows

moving switch gear around and into place can be tough as it can be 800lbs+ so small amounts at a time or on pallet jacks.

sometimes I get a boring day like block watch so I try to help the hod carriers and move a few pallets of cinder blocks

sometimes bending pipe can make you feel it in your chest
>>
>>37844016
i graduated as valedictorian of my class and given a "apprenticeship" at the institute of physics.the dude in charge decided I needed some experience working with other apprentices and now im here.at this point its is just like a study group.it is stupid as shit but it pays well.Im probably going to move into something else but right now im stuck in this shit.Its my fault to be honest.I put string theory under interests in my application at that point I thought it sounded cool.what a fucking mistake
>>
med school

it's fucking shit, couple of hours of free time to lift, too much study for shit grades and 5 hours of sleep tops, doctors are literally gains goblins

good thing you get mired by almost everyone, also this one qt nurse was changing clothes and I was there. she literally showed her panties to me, sad thing she had a low test butt 2/10 would not bang
>>
File: 1442456768394.png (761 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1442456768394.png
761 KB, 1280x720
>>37844110
What institute? Perimeter? Also it's highly unlikely that someone would put an undergrad in a string theory research group, let along pay you for it, even if you were a valedictorian.
>it pays well
Come on anon you should lie in moderation. I don't want to completely expose you yet. I assume you have read some textbooks on QFT at least, right?
>>
>>37843868
that sounds reasonable. Guess I need to research MOSs, I am ignorant.
>>
>>37844144
ive been had.but Ive also succeeded in wasting your time.so I have won
>>
I work for a company that secures contracts with health systems and we find gaps in their insurance claims processing. Work 7 AM to 3:30 PM. Company constantly gets awards. Just won top 50 coolest places to work from INC Magazine. CEO is cool as shit, knows everyone by name, hands out stuff when we do good work. Great benefits, coworkers are the coolest. Always fun events like having food trucks come for lunch or company wide pot lucks. I picked up my life in 2 weeks for this job and I haven't been happier.
>>
>>37844146
double down on the research. they make the shittiest ones sound the best.

if you're fit and not a quitter or loser, consider an 18x contract
>>
File: merely_pretending.png (148 KB, 941x351) Image search: [Google]
merely_pretending.png
148 KB, 941x351
>>37844179
Nah I actually enjoyed ripping you a new asshole and making you look like an absolute idiot. Come back anytime.
>>
>>37842996
>Is this for maintenance etc..?
>>
File: 1466737351959.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1466737351959.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>37844224
good job you really showed me a freshman in college with no experience in any field.well done!
>>
>>37844146
Do something that'll get you good money when you're out

My brother was a Fiber Optics technician in the military and now he earns six figures with AT&T
>>
>>37844246
That's what happens when you lie senpai.
>lying at his age
>expecting to survive in academia
I have bad news for you, my sweet summer child.
>>
>>37844279
>thinking academics don't lie

Speaking of summer children...
>>
>>37844299
>thinks you get to lie when you're just starting out
>implying those who dare to lie aren't tenured already
Nice retarded leaps in logic my friend.
>>
>>37844337
>thinks you don't lie when starting out
>thinks only people with tenure lie

Again, speaking of summer children...
>>
>>37843020
hey this was me exactly, I had 0 desire to work a normal job and the thought of it made me sick. Got best grades in school and now been NEET for 3 years and soon thinking about suicide
My advice? Distract yourself, finish college/uni/whatever and see how you feel after that.
Now my life seems irreparable
>>
>>37844389
>doesn't know how academia works
>doesn't know how research is done
Lmao
>>
>>37844402
>doesn't know how academic politics work
>doesn't know how publication works

Seriously, just kill yourself.
>>
>>37843173
Like what could someone sell that people would purchase?
>>
File: critique.jpg (38 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
critique.jpg
38 KB, 400x386
>>37842997
or NEET
>>
>>37844429
>getting ornery for getting exposed the second time
>implying a grad student even gets into academic politics
Pathetic lmao
>>
>>37844431
Find something you're interested in but that doesn't seem that available. This is the hardest part, really. You'll probably have to try a few times to make it work.
>>
Network security engineer
Specifically, work in the PCI industry
>I'm at 70k before taxes now'/
>Would love to work for the Feds
>DEA, FBI, NSA!!!
>>
File: 1451731863596.png (127 KB, 279x302) Image search: [Google]
1451731863596.png
127 KB, 279x302
>>37844444
>them quints
>>
>>37844443
>thinks I'm the same person as the other guy
>changes topic when he gets his ass handed to him
>still thinks academics don't lie

Summer child status: confirmed.
>>
>>37844477
>he thinks the topic has changed
>he thinks we haven't always been talking about someone who's just starting out, i.e. grad students
>this retarded

>implying I think (all) academics don't lie
>can't read 2 posts above him
>this retarded x2
>>
>>37844501
>thinks a lie by omission isn't a real lie
>thinks attempts to ad hom aren't changing the subject
>thinsk grad students dont lie
>thinks grad students don't play politics
>expects other people to read posts directed at him rather than at them

Summer child status: still confirmed.

Also: dat narcissism.

Seriously. Do the world a favor and just kill yourself.
>>
File: 1448384359487.jpg (850 KB, 2481x2394) Image search: [Google]
1448384359487.jpg
850 KB, 2481x2394
>>37844532
>he's never done research
>he's never been a grad student
This much is clear, but let's address the other parts.

>thinks a lie by omission isn't a real lie
Prove it. Protip: if centuries of moral philosophers can't, neither can you.

>thinks attempts to ad hom aren't changing the subject
>conflating insults with ad hominem
>*tips fedora*

>expects other people to read posts directed at him rather than at them
>he literally counted two and read two posts above him
>this level of autism
>doesn't understand what metaphors are
>doesn't understand that I was merely referring to previous exchanges
This is your final (You). Treasure it, high school dropout.
>>
>>37844337
I cheated a lot in undergrad kek
>>
>>37844588
>tries to use genetic fallacy
>tries to claim intentional misinformation isn't intentional misninformation by citing people who benefit from intentional misinformation
>thinks a personal attack isn't an ad hom
>uses vague references to earlier discussion as citations
>double standards on metaphor use at best
>more ad homs
>rage quits

I think that about sums it up, kiddo. Get some therapy and learn to think clearly would you?
>>
>>37844588
Looks like somebody's not been getting laid.
>>
>>37844592
THEY ALL FUCKING KNEW!! THAT'S WHY YOU FAILED OUT!!
>>
I'm halfway through getting a medicine degree, although I only attend the hospital roughy 2 days a week and spend the rest of my time fucking around. I manage to get away without studying most of the time because medial education in this country is a joke compared to places like the US. I'm going to finish to get the degree but I can't stand medicine. There's nothing else I can think of that I would rather do however, so in all likelihood I'll be a doctor for a few years before killing myself.
>>
>>37843399
currently applying to med school now, and i am friends with like 15 med students and know doctors as family friends so i'll give it a shot.

those doctors have been doctors long enough to not have the dream of being a doctor anymore. it's reality. so they get there and the allure is gone and it's just a job so they'll talk about it like a job. apparently the bulkd of thhose who drop out of medical students are those who a) get in solely to help people, b) those who cannot handle stress, c) those who get tired of the same shit and d) those people who aren't interested so don't care.

it honestly seems like the people who make it may want to help others but are really just competitive and want to be the best. i'm hoping to do med because i mean i do want to help people, but i really want to be in something that's hard as fuck and push myself to the limit seeing as i can't join the military because of an allergy lmao.
>>
>>37844836
Jesus. Seriously.

Definition of "no chill."

Wrong and proud.
>>
>>37841537

IKTFB
>>
>>37844895
Actually as of Tuesday I officially have my degree lol
>>
Paramedic/Firefighter
>>
>>37845360
LIAR!! DIPLOMA MILLS DON'T COUNT!! I KNOW BECAUSE I WAS THERE AND FUCKED YOUR MOTHER!!
>>
>>37844895
:(
>>
>>37843282
>>37843345
Doctors will tell you not to go into medicine because the nature of medicine has changed a lot in the past 20 years due to insurance and "patient satisfaction goals". So a lot of older physicians see medicine as something completely different than when they trained. If you shadowed and like what you saw, you'll be fine.

One caveat to what anon said: It doesn't matter where you go to med school as long as it's in the US. DO schools are a great option to MD if you don't want to be a brain surgeon or one of the other really really competitive specialties. DO NOT GO TO THE CARIBBEAN! Their match rates are terrible in comparison to US MD and DO schools. They're basically a scam.

>source: current M0
>>
Certified health education specialist reporting

>tfw my job is to see patients and educate them on how to not fuck up their bodies even more than they already have via shitty life choices

It doesn't involve lifting, but it has good hours (9-5) and the hospital has a free gym in it for employees.

Plus, if I wasn't /fit/ I'd be a hypocrite if I tried to counsel a diabetic patient on nutrition or a CHF patient on exercise.
>>
>>37845360
BAs are worthless anon. That's why nobody cared.
>>
>>37844038
How heavily is Rider Uni recruited for Philly Big 4? I'm starting a MAcc there and want to work in Philly.
>>
>>37839748
Animator. I get to make the vidya then hit the gymbo
>>
>>37846140
>wanting to go to PA
>>
>>37845903
What qualifications do you need for this?
>>
Firefighter. Paid. As much time as I feel like squeezing in. I train HIIT on station bc long sessions often get interrupted. Good job bros. highly recommend
>>
I'm the lead distiller at a local craft distillery, making bourbon. Mashes are done by hand as well as filling the barrels, which are heavy as fuark.
>>
>>37842542
Aspiring statistician. Tell me everything please.
>Starting masters in math with stat profile
>Heavily into programming/computing.
I want to get into some well paying job here. Any advice?
>>
social media manager for a big company

my boss is a 50 year old woman who doesnt know how the internet works but oversees my work daily and my coworkers are middle-aged women that bond by eating processed carbs, bitching behind each others back and going out drinking in shitty bars. Fuck my life
>>
>>37839748
I give out samples at different Walmarts for $10.50 per hour. I rejected my sister's desk job so I can move around more and lost 30lbs and at 18% bf.
>>
>>37843033
Which country?

Also, MOS?
>>
>>37843772
Paid, major city.
Vollys are the worst. We have 2 stations in the boondocks where they can go. Think they know everything run 1 or 2 fires a year.
>>
>>37843753
Not boring at all usually 10ish calls a shift
>>
>>37839748
I teach natural sciences in secondary education. Am qualified and skilled enough that the top -expensive- private schools want me, but instead took a much lower paying job at a public school that allows all students to enroll (for the price of a 4chan janitor, because communist Europe).
Hoping to be a sort of reverse gainz goblin for these kids, by giving them a way better science and health education than they could normally get.
So far it's working, and I feel I'm contributing to these lil' niggaz lives.
>>
>>37847675
Enjoy the abstractions and the math, so you don't have to enjoy the content. "Boring" content jobs like insurance stat pays top dolla, and if you look through the content, the abstract problem solving fun is still there.
>>
>>37848550
Ayy thx.
Did you go in with a PhD or what grade of education you got?
What's your early $$?
What level of abstraction are we talking about?
Functionals? Spaces? Matrices? Linear Algebra?
>>
>>37848563
That should be yearly $$*
>>
>>37841355
Physical labor is a meme. You're basically trading away your health for easy money.
Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.