[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
Turkey mode edition.
Will I lose muscle on a 600-700 kcal deficit? Or is it okay so long as I get enough protein?
>>
Good dumbbell routines? Can anyone link me a few? Esp full body ones. I'm currently looking around
>>
What's the best type of cardio?
>>
if i am on a ketogenic diet and i eat under calories while bulking, will i still build muscle (ie will my body take the required energy from the fat stores i have to build the muscle?)

if my girlfriend gives me sleeping pills, would she able to ride my wein (with no protection) without me waking up?
>>
Help me pls. I had a shoulder injury, never got it diagnosed, but the pain was in the front of my right shoulder. That was awhile ago, the pain has gone and it seems okay now, except for the fact that if I make a wide circle motion with my arm, I will feel and hear a loud popping in the front of that shoulder, it's like a tendon is there or something and it needs to be moved or shoved out the way for my arm to perform a full rotation.

Here's where it gets shit. As I've eased back into lifting, I've found my bench progress has started to lack, to where I cannot for the life of me stabilize my weakened shoulder in the bench press. By which I mean, I can't keep it down and back. After the 1st or 2nd rep of my first work set my weakened shoulder comes loose, and I have to try and readjust at the top of the movement. Googling gives me all sorts of nonsense, and I don't really know what to search for anyway. I can OHP fine, though pull ups feel a bit dodgy on the joint, so I'm not sure what part of the shoulder is lacking.

Can anyone give any advice or exercises I can do to try and improve it?
>>
Question on whey protein
I buy ON gold standard, and have always had vanilla ice cream flavor, but I want to try out the others without being disgusted, so I want the opinions of people that have tried them
What flavor does anon recommend?
>>
>>37441303

I mostly always stick to simple chocolate. The point of whey isn't to enjoy what you are drinking, it's to have a flavor good enough that you can quickly gag it the fuck down and move on. Chocolate is perfect for that.
>>
Went out on an me binge last night is going to the gym 7 hours later a bad idea
>>
File: 0.png (217 KB, 580x325) Image search: [Google]
0.png
217 KB, 580x325
do you count calories from fat when trying to follow your TDEE to gain weight?

When bulking can I still go to the gym?
>>
Doing some seated rows, should I be doing straight back or not?

What's the difference?
>>
Are all you faggots minus >>37441414 being trolling dumb fucks?

To answer your question, if you are just starting out, keep the back straight and really focus on working your back instead of biceps. The bent back is mostly for when you moving a shitload of weight and it's pretty much necessary at that point to arch the back a bit. Also try to make sure you aren't just doing "modified bicep curls" as many new people tend to do(if you are new) because I know I did for a few months on accident.

>>37441078

Stretching and go to the fucking doctor.
>>
>>37440855

HIIT is the best if you are trying to improve quickly, and just in general. If you are fat, stay the fuck away from it though as you will probably vomit and pass out. Also if you are fat, stick to cycling, walking(no jogging), and swimming.

If you are skinny, just do cycling or sprinting HIIT and take your fucking heart to gainstown.
>>
File: 1463648209084.gif (3 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1463648209084.gif
3 MB, 300x300
>>37441440

Thank you senpai
>>
>>37440530
The leaner you are, the more you risk losing. The fatter you are, the less you risk.

>>37440569
It's not like dumbbells aren't useful, but when you ask like that I get the impression that you only have access to a couple of light weights, which means that even with a great routine your results will be limited.

>>37440855
Best for what?

>>37440867
If you eat below your TDEE (if that's what you mean) then you aren't bulking per definition. That said, you can still build muscle if you have a lot of fat on you. If you're really fat and really weak it's going to be easy. If you're not that fat and already pretty muscular it's going to be difficult.

>>37441078
Can't diagnose you across the internet. You should see a physio.
Regardless, if you can only do 2 reps on the bench press with good form do 2 reps then, until you get better. You can divide your e.g. 8 rep sets into 4 mini sets with a short rest interval in between.
You can also practice keeping your shoulders in the right position when doing pulldowns.

If you feel really "unstable" as you say, bottom-up kettlebell exercises are great. Waiter's walk for example, or a Turkish get-up.

>>37441348
Binge drinking? Some people experience a strength boost when the alcohol leaves the body, maybe due to testosterone getting a surge after having been suppressed for a while.
Other people just vomit and go home.

>>37441414
Arc your upper back for maximum lat contraction.
The angle of your torso in relation to the floor is something you can play around with to change the line of pull. Just don't pull the weight with your low back.
>>
>>37441445

No problem. Like I said, if you are new(you didn't specify) make absolutely sure you are using your lats instead of your biceps. You have to use your biceps in the last portion, but if notice your arms are getting really tired, then stop and focus slowly on only using your back.
>>
File: Fate.strange.fake.full.1127642.jpg (165 KB, 717x800) Image search: [Google]
Fate.strange.fake.full.1127642.jpg
165 KB, 717x800
>>37440530
Well, it's not that easy question, becuase much depends on one's body, like how your hormones work, how much you weigh, how tall you are, what are your predispositions are and shit. I can only tell you, that the lower deficit and slower cut you do, the less muscle you will lose.

>>37440855
The best for you is the one you like the most, cause you can do it while enjoying it, seriously.
If you enjoy it, you can do it longer, so bettter cardio gains.
Personally I like rollerblading the most and sometimes swimming, running or biking.

>>37441303
Well, vanilla, strawberry and chocolate are universal, especially when it comes to cooking, so they are always good choice.

Personally I like also white chocolate, but I don't know if there's that flavor by ON.

>>37441390
Yes, you count fat calories.

When bulking you must go to the gym. You must get muscle, not just fat. I'm not even sure if you are serious or trolling.
>>
>>37441458

Maybe I should be doing another exercise? I already do lat pulldown for lats, I was hoping to target the back in general, particularly my lower if possible
>>
If I'm about 50 pounds over the weight I need to be, but weak as fuck(6'2" and huge frame, but can barely bench 150) should I just focus on deep calorie cuts and get slim as fast as possible, and then build back up slowly, or take it extremely slow and try to "recomp" as most call it?

I've already lost 70 pounds, and this last bit is getting a bit harder, so I was wondering if I should just get it over with and build back up or not.
>>
File: 14378143143.jpg (139 KB, 1014x767) Image search: [Google]
14378143143.jpg
139 KB, 1014x767
>>37441459
No I am not trolling, thank you for taking the time to answer my question
>>
A couple of months ago i started doing SL 5x5.
I used to really love front squats and I'd like to add them to this routine, I know you arent suposed to add any excercices and all that but still, where should i add them? Remove one back squat of the week and make it front squat? Should i do it at all?
>>
>>37441472

Can you do deadlift and squats? That's what I would recommend. If not, back extensions. Be careful with back extensions with loading up shitloads of weight though. Straining the lower back is easier than you would think and it's hell for a while.
>>
>>37441489

Front squat hits some muscles differently, but if you really like it, then do it man.
>>
>>37441492

I do sumo deadlifts and not squats, they're hell on my knees
>>
>>37441497
I know, should I do them as an accessory maybe? If so, what day?
>>
File: Fate.stay.night.full.1674255.jpg (1 MB, 800x1143) Image search: [Google]
Fate.stay.night.full.1674255.jpg
1 MB, 800x1143
>>37441479
Remember that losing too much weight in short time is always less healthy than doing it slowly. Also, doing it fast might give you some tiger stripes.

So, it's better to do it slow, but you must know that it will take some time.

>>37441487
Well, if that's the case, then another protip for newbie - bulk slowly. Don't add like 500 kcal in one day. It supposed to be like:
1. Check weight.
2. Add 100 kcal.
3. Wait week.
4. If you get about 0,2 kg of weight, it's ok, don't add more. If it's less, add another 100 kcal.
5. Wait another week, another check, repeat point 4.

In other words, do it slowly.

>>37441489
I would recommend remove that one back squat and add one front. Or simply switch squat every session. Simply adding squat as additional exercise might be to hard for your body and could slow down your progress, because of tiredness. You are not pro, so it's common thing, that your body isn't really used to do shitton of exercises.
>>
>>37441454
That's not true bro. I have adjustable dumbbells with a bench and also a pull up bar :) so now what routines would you recommend?
>>
>>37441525
Thank you, will it make it a lot harder to progress in back squats if i do so?
>>
File: Fate.stay.night.full.900214.jpg (536 KB, 800x659) Image search: [Google]
Fate.stay.night.full.900214.jpg
536 KB, 800x659
>>37441541
I might not be right, but I would guess it can make your progress even easier. The thing is it will get slower. Here's why:
- Normally you do like about 12 times back squat progresses per month, so it's about 30 kg per month
- If you alternate front squat and back squat, then you will do each about 6 times and progress in each for about 15 kg per month.

Still, even if each of them works your muscles differently, doing one still helps doing ohter one.

So basically, you get slower more weight to lift, but still work on your legs on each workout, so it's easier to get used to weight.
>>
>>37441303
I got the chocolate peanut butter flavor, and it's surprisingly nice, especially in a shake with milk and peanut butter. Tastes good with water as well.
>>
>>37441529

Not him but you can pick pretty much any routine and do dumbbell versions of the lifts. The biggest challenge is the lower body since the weights are probably a bit light. I recommend front squats and one-legged DLs.

Then...bench, row, ohp, curls...
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdULpdIK7Co

Is this guy natty? I really need to know
>>
>>37441594
He's a big guy
>>
>>37441607

For you!
>>
two stupid weight loss nutrition questions

1. is almond milk worth it? cut whole milk for that as most people recommend it for that purpose, but the entire reason i used milk in the first place was for the cheap and easy macros in my shakes

at 60 calories a day, is it worth it instead of just using water

2. downing olive and coconut oil raw isn't an awful idea, right?
>>
>>37441594
Please i really need to know he was the prison guard of the year but i am trying to bust him for using illegal steroids. Also he claims its his genetics
>>
>>37441615

1. It doesn't really have any protein and lots of the vitamins are usually added. Other than that it's pretty healthy I suppose, so if it fits your macros, why not.

2. Why would you do that though? Just use olive oil in a salad where it fits.
>>
how to get wide calves like those on soccer players, not so much getting the 2 ballsacks but just wider.
other than playing soccer though (not good at it/ no friends to play with)
Will sprints help?
>>
File: Fate.stay.night.full.1922929.jpg (487 KB, 1250x1000) Image search: [Google]
Fate.stay.night.full.1922929.jpg
487 KB, 1250x1000
>>37441529
You better listen to this guy
>>37441585

I can add to what he wrote, that you can try to find lifting program and simply change most barbell exercises to their dumbbell version.

>>37441594
>>37441646
Did he forgot his calves from that prison?

Also, how dou you plan to accuse him of that? Will you tell police that you found infos on the internet? It's not good idea dude.

>>37441615
Don't know about almond milk, but won't drinking loive oil raw make you throw up? I mean, it's not so tasty. But what fits you dude. As long, as you won't drink too much, it should be ok.

>>37441671
If sprinters calf is what you aim for, then go sprint and check sprinters routines. They lift too.
>>
>>37440855
depends on what you want to do

for fat loss, the best type of cardio is MISS, that's when you keep a steady pace at medium intensity (140-160bpm) for at least 20minutes. at 150bpm (can vary between individuals of course), the body burns the most fat during cardio (50% fat 50% glycogen stored in the muscle)

if you are super fat and can't handle MISS, you can do LISS. that's when you do low-intensity cardio for extended amounts of time (hour+ of fast walking for example). it's the type of cardio doctors recommend to fat people, because normal cardio while extremely obese carries the risk of injury. liss has the same benefit as miss on extremely fat people, since fat mobilization is extremely easy for them

there's also hiit, which is high-intensity interval training. that means alterating medium intensity jogging with high intensity sprints. while it is the best form of cardio to train your endurance, I wouldn't recommend it for people that just want to do cardio to lose fat. HIIT inhibits muscle recovery from weightlifting through some kinda complex mechanisms (google cAMP muscle recovery if you're interesting in the biochemical aspect of this), and doesn't really burn any extra fat or help mobilize fat in lean people like MISS does

as for what type of cardio you should do, i would recommend the elliptical (at a high resistance setting of course), since it's low impact and mobilizes the whole body

>>37441414
you should keep your lateral muscles straight and tensed, since that way you isolate the back more

>>37441479
what i did was lift without cardio at a 1k deficit. i could bench 2plate by the time i was done with ss without ever going on a surplus. i believe fat people can build muscle on a deficit
>>
>>37441576
Thank you sempai
>>
>>37441682
can you go away tripfag? you're the cancer of /fit/ and no one wants you here
>>
>>37441615
almond milk is a meme, the macros are shit. if you are cutting drink 1% milk
>>
>>37441585
>>37441682
Thanks guys!
>>
File: large.jpg (80 KB, 500x517) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
80 KB, 500x517
>>37441696
Well that's just not true boyo. Fate is one of our best trips.
>>
>>37441748
tripfags are cancer, anime shitposting tripfags are terminal cancer
>>
>>37441687
You didn't lose muscle on your 1k deficit? What bodyfat were you?
>>
>>37441755
dunno about bf%, but i was very fat. when i started i was 130kg at 6'
>>
File: Fate.strange.fake.full.924658.jpg (1 MB, 964x1960) Image search: [Google]
Fate.strange.fake.full.924658.jpg
1 MB, 964x1960
>>37441695
>>37441718
No problem guys.

>>37441696
>>37441754
Sorry that it bothers you, but I'm not going anyway.

>>37441748
Thank you, that was really kind.

>>37441755
I would guess that he
>>37441772
counted TDEE for his bodyweight without including bf ratio. By that I mean that calculator might shown him up something like 3-4 k kcal, then he cut it down, but still had big kcal per day.
>>
Lost like 80 lbs now, thinking about jumping on tinder but I'm still pretty fatty around the midsection. Its a work in progress but I'm wondering if I should just word that in the description or avoid it?

Like 'getting fit after a long time, pretty serious into fitness even though I'm not there yet' blah blah blah.

I know this is beta, but thems the brakes, baby.
>>
>>37441792
no i didn't, i cut at 1900kcals

gtfo already tripfag, you have no idea wtf you're talking about
>>
>>37441792
For dumbbells do you do a rep range of 8-12 even for main lifts since you can't go as heavy?
>>
>>37441803
If you're just looking to get laid, don't write anything like that.
>>
>>37441826
Nah, don't really want a booty call. Maybe someone to work out with? An actual relationship or something.
>>
>>37441819
Depends on the exercise. On some exercises it's impractical to go much heavier than an 8RM because the DBs can be cumbersome to get into position. On other exercises it's not as much of an issue and you can go heavier if you wish.
>>
File: Fate.strange.fake.full.972031.jpg (95 KB, 600x776) Image search: [Google]
Fate.strange.fake.full.972031.jpg
95 KB, 600x776
>>37441803
>>37441845
Listen to this guy
>>37441826
If you just want to get laid, then who cares if you will get fit later? If they want to fuck, they will do it now, not in future.

If you are looking for relationship, tinder is bad idea. Most of people there are just to find some good fuck. Go to the gym instead, meet people there, if you want someone to workout with. See what happens next.

>>37441819
It should be ok. Even if you won't gain as much strenght as by doing standard 5 reps barbell training, at least you will get some nice hypertrophy.
Another thing - for some people (e.g. me) doing dumbbell things at some exercises makes them it easier to feel muscles that they work on. When I first tried to do dumbbell bench, I felt pecs better, then when I tried to do barbell bench. Now it feels good for me on both exercises.
>>
>>37441303
Avoid rocky road like the plague
>>
guys i need help. i've been doing shoulders for two months already bu8t they arent coming out and my gains arent exactly improving, so i have a question for you and its a retarded one
at which weight did your shoulders start to come out?, i mean in DB shoulder press assuming you did it
>>
I lifted on friday morning but then got shamefully drunk. Saturday after work i went ahead and lifted again to try and make up for drinking the night before. How badly did i cuck my gains?
>>
>>37442065

What is improving then? I'm asking because we all have muscle groups that are harder or easier to sort of activate. My shoulders reacted instantly to pretty much all pressing movements. Then again I really need to focus on technique to get anything on my pecs. Do lat raises?
>>
>>37440530
how can I deal with puffynipples/gyno ?
I've got a pretty good chest so it's impossible to hide even with larger shirts
I use most of the time tanktops with a pocket to hide it but the side with no pocket shows the fucking nip a bit
>>
>>37440530
Ordered some whey protein from myprotein, with no flavour.
how fucked am I? does it have some weird taste or just blends nicely with milk and other stuff

I tried a lot of flavours when I used to use protein but they all get me sick after awhile, and now I'm also sick of eating chicken almost daily so I just ordered myself 2.5kg of whey
>>
>>37442187
i am doing lat raises but when i do it i feel the weight in my back instead of my shoulders, this is my routine
DB press 4x12 16 kg dumbells until failure, then 12 kg dumbells because the gym doesnt have 14 kg ones
Lat raise 4X12 7kg dumbells
Front raise 4x12 7kg dumbells

or maybe my form is shit, my clavicle is huge so i dont know it thats a factor
>>
>>37441525
>weight in short time is always less healthy than doing it slowly
Can you justify this?
>>
>>37442244
>i feel the weight in my back instead of my shoulders,

Well this is an obvious issue. You could try just flexing your shoulders instead of doing the complete lift and learn how to work with the right muscles that way.

Also that's a lot of reps with small weights. It doesn't work for everybody. I'd go heavier and use a barbell.
>>
>>37442295
you mean the db press?
when i do front raises i feel the weight in my forearm instead of my shoulders.
i think my form is just shit and that is costing me gains
>>
>>37442244
>i feel the weight in my back instead of my shoulders
If by back you mean that your upper traps are taking over, try this next time: focus on not only lifting the weights up but also outwards. That shifts work from the traps to the delts.

Also even just a tiny bit of momentum tend to make lateral raises much, much easier. You may want to try taking a full 2 whole seconds to lift the weight and another 2 whole seconds to lower it.
>>
>>37442311

>you mean the db press?

Raises. Don't bother about reaching 90 degrees or anything, just make sure you start by contracting your delts.
>>
File: fug.jpg (4 MB, 5720x5024) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
4 MB, 5720x5024
>>37440530
Am I fucked?
>>
6'2" hovering around 140-143 lbs.
I want abs real bad but there is still body fat everywhere.
(A bit of handles, little bit of bellyfat)

I've never been to the gym and when I get paid I'm going to get a subscription.

My question is:
Should I stop cutting and hold onto my fat to get muscle?
Or should I continue til I' truly lean and then slow bulk?
>>
How do I calculate the calories of the spread on my slice of toast?
>>
Does Creatine Mono cause belly bloat?

I've been liftin' for about a year on and off (1/2/3/4pl8 working sets for a rough idea of where I am) but I've never really tried creatine. A buddy convinced me to give it a go, I've noticed I'm definitely a responder, I find I got a lot more oomph in my last few reps, but a strange side effect I've noticed is I've got a really bloated belly. I've had no changed in my lean bulk diet (that i've been on for some months now) but my weight gain has dramatically increased and I notice that I got a big bulge in my abdomen. Googled shows up mixed results with some users reporting that side effects go away using a better standard of creatine (micronized). Any thoughts /fit/?
>>
>>37440530
Anyone ever had blood in your vomit after drinking a quarter liter straight whiskey? Yes I am a lightweight pussy I know but there was legit spots of blood in my vomit.
>>
Question about BMR

How much does fat poundage increase it?

Most calculators BMR goes up as weight goes up, but if I gained 40lbs of straight fat im thinking a BMR would be different then if I gained 40lbs lean body mass.

tl;dr how much would a pound of fat increase a bmr vs a pound of lean body mass
>>
>>37442600
approximately 3 calories per pound of fat you're carrying around, according to Lyle McDonald.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (86 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
86 KB, 1920x1080
Can a /fit/izen please advise me.

>Start working out in April, go gym 7 day a week lost 10kg
>Would burn 150 grams of fat on some days, felt good
>Ashamed of my weight
>Too much of a recluse to order at subway, walk to gym only at night
>Live in cold climate, got flu, turned into pneumonia
>Took weeks off uni, gained 4kg
>I have an exercise bike but I don't like to use it when room mate is home

My weight makes me feel depressed, some weeks I've spent about 30 hours at the gym.

It's a 3km walk to the gym and people yell at me when they drive past.
I feel ok now I want to go but it's freezing.

My fucking parents were abusive and I just ate, I've only been out of home since January and I just lost most of my gains.
How can I just be normie?
>>
>>37442203
I got the gyno and developed my chest a little, now my nipples tuck under my pecs. I still look like shit shirtless, but dressed it looks good.
>>
I have not lurked fit for about two years, where do we stand on protein now?

I know 1 gram per lb is now considered to be more than necessary in most cases, whats the goal now?
>>
>>37443049
stop giving a fuck about what other people think, zone them out

what you do is about you, don't give a fuck now and don't give a fuck when they mire later. if you manage to lose the weight and get a good body, it will be a testament to your will and the only proof you need for yourself. if you don't manage it, then you can be ashamed or yourself. either way, other people's judgement shouldn't play a role in this, it's all about you

>>37443214
depends on how lean you are and if you're cutting or not
>>
>>37443298
Fairly lean, I'm training for sport specific gains, I just want to know a decent number to shoot for. Not cutting.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 458x568) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 458x568
My ribs poke out only on my right side and I hate it. How do I fix it? Should I add some oblique work?
>>
>>37441905
This, it's way too strong and sickly sweet
>>
I haven't bulked before and don't want to end up layering on the fat I just lost. From what I read you aren't suppose to bulk immeadietly and have to ease into it.

Can someone clarify?
>>
>>37443750
Also can I get a bf%?
>>
>>37443750
literally nobody will notice nor care about it you fucking autist
holy shit
>>
>>37443777
That's not what I asked. I don't care if other people notice it, I do.
>>
>>37443769
The theory is that you shouldn't go to bulking from cutting immediately because on a cut your body is desperate for extra energy and tries to store it as fat. A slower increase means your metabolism picks up in conjunction with cals. Might be brosciencey though.
>>
How do I actually get rid of stretch marks? I know surface creams don't do shit because it's the bottom layer of skin that ripped, but is there anything I can do aside from waiting two years? I got them on my biceps and triceps and I can't stand it.
>>
>>37443895
Never tried it but look into derma rolling
>>
>>37443848
>your body is desperate for extra energy
So during a cut does your body eat your muscle too?
>>
if i bulk and maintemance at that weight while going gym and taking enough proteins, after lets say 1 year would i be leaner?
like pseudo cutting?
>>
Thoughts on the muscle up exercise? I don't see it talked about or used a lot
>>
6'2" hovering around 140-143 lbs.
I want abs real bad but there is still body fat everywhere.
(A bit of handles, little bit of bellyfat)

Weak gym-newb with bodyweight training only.

My question is:
Should I stop cutting and hold onto my fat to get muscle?
Or should I continue til I' truly lean and then slow bulk?
>>
>>37442419

i dont see how you dont have skelly abs at that weight.

i also dont understand how you can be cutting. you shouldnt have any base strength at all. are you weightlifting at all?
>>
>>37444444
checked
>>
>5'11 168lbs, about 22% bodyfat
>weight so much that my TDEE is like 2800, makes eating unenjoyable when bulkan
>squat is lmao1pl8

should I cut or bulk? I'm truly fucked
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>37444247
How da fuck could you possibly be fat at that weight and height?
>>
>>37443701
if you're not cutting, 1.5g per kg of LEAN body mass should suffice. if you're 70kg at 10%, 90g of protein is enough

>>37445113
how can you be so weak? i squatted 1plate on my first day wtf
>>
>>37444247
>6'2"
>140lbs
>should i keep cutting

keep cutting until you disappear bro
>>
Absolute best shoulder exercises for shoulder growth?

Atm I just do:
Sitting dumbell shoulder press 3x8
Lat raises 3x8
Front plate raise 3x8
>>
File: 1454811072761.gif (915 KB, 245x285) Image search: [Google]
1454811072761.gif
915 KB, 245x285
>>37442419
Not exactly into the whole anime thing because I'm not a basement dwelling faggot... But where are his (or her?) nipples? Also, what the fuck is going on with those abs?

And let's see a pic of your purportedly skinny fat body.. You can't possibly have "fat everywhere" at 6'2 and 140lbs.
>>
I've been working out with barbells for about 4 months now. My right arm has been slightly bigger than my left since I started lifting. I also noticed for my arm exercises my right arm puts in a little more effort than my left arm, no matter how I try to control it. The arm size is hardly noticeable, so I don't mind, but will it get worse over time? Is this something I should worry about?
>>
>>37441303
I use ON brand gainer and their chocolate or double chocolate whatever the fuck it is more than stomachable, it even tastes good.
>>
>>37445227
The press and seated Arnold presses. Face pulls and rear delt flys for the rear delts.
>>
I hurt my back about a month ago fucking up a squat. The lower back pain was manageable in a couple of days so I powered through my routine for the next couple of weeks. It hurt more while doing them, but not nearly to the point where I couldn't add weight. When it wasn't going away, I decided to take a break from doing squats, DLs, and rows. I think it's gotten better but it's still here. I'd like to wait for it to be completely healed before reincorporating those lifts, but fuck. Muh gainz.

The pain is in my lower back, buttock, and inner thigh. All on the right side.

How can I recover faster and when should I get back to those lifts?

Additional information: been lifting for month and a half, still at pretty low weights.
>>
If I have a bit of gyno, will switching to incline bench primarily make it look better, or should I just stick with flat mostly?
>>
>>37445274
You probably have an imbalance somewhere else. Use unilateral assessments until you find it and fix it.
>>
>>37441303
Anon, if you can't choke down some bad protein powder then you're never gonna make it.. Not just in the gym but in life generally. It's not like it's cat shit, any flavor is, at worst, serviceable. Quit being a little bitch and show some resolve.
>>
>>37445330
It's probably fat. If it's not fat and has been diagnosed by an MD, the only way to get rid of it is surgery. Otherwise it'll sit like a lump on your pecs.
>>
>>37445373
I don't understand
>>
I'm playing american football. We don't have a strenght coach or anything. I'm looking for a workout to gain mass an get stronger. I've been doing SL 5x5 and while i got stronger i didn't really gain mass (aside from my legs). Any alternatives?
>>
>>37443987
That's the reason you have to be really careful when you cut.
>>
>>37445403
Imbalance means one side of your body (left/right or front/back) is getting more load than the other. Usually because shit's weak or tight somewhere that it isn't on the other side of the body.

Sussing it out can be hard, but is probably necessary to prevent injury long term.

Grey Cook's Self FMS (see his book Athletic Body in Balance for lots of detail) is an okay place to start. Or you could pick up a copy of Patel's Corrective Exercise (available for torrent download) and go movement by movement.

Or you could just do biceps curls dumbbels and hope there isn't a problem somewhere else.
>>
>>37445330
Well if you actually have gyno then you're fucked no matter what.

In general though your chest will always benefit from a fuller upper chest. It'll give it that slab like appearance with a cleavage line that runs the from top to bottom.

The trouble is that incline presses just really load your front delts more than anything. Try doing underhand dumbbell presses on a flat bench and bent arm lat pullovers (keep your shoulders pulled as you would on the bench press and lay on the bench, not across).
>>
>>37445432
Eat more. Gallon of milk a day more. Stop doing anything but weight training if possible.
>>
>>37445464
Thanks
>>
>>37444209
If you don't do gymnastics, it's mostly a stunt.

>>37444056
It's called "recomposition" and maybe it'll work that way if you're really new or pretty fat already. To recomp you want to cycle carbs and calories (read Leangains or Lyle McDonald on the subject for details), but that'll still net less muscle gain than a traditional bulk/cut cycle.
>>
>>37442203
I've known girls to make fun of small guy nipples so maybe worry less?
>>
do you guys take fish oil all year round? Is there a point for me to still take some now that summer is about to start?
>>
>>37445315
Shit can be complicated. Especially if you ignore it and compensate for the injury and make it worse.

Read Stuart McGill's book Back Mechanic.
>>
>>37445483
So continue with 5x5 and eat more?
Well i have to do some stuff because we have training twice a week and a game every weekend.
>>
>>37445536
Yes. Fish oil isn't Vitamin D, dumbass. Your body doesn't make it from the sun.
>>
>>37445570
You're probably not going to gain much weight in season and you'll want a strength program that doesn't beat you down so much that you can't perform on the field while you run the program.

I'd probably switch to 5/3/1 and continue to eat.
>>
File: Fate.zero.full.1020294.jpg (517 KB, 850x1104) Image search: [Google]
Fate.zero.full.1020294.jpg
517 KB, 850x1104
>>37442263
Well, it's kinda simple, your body preffers to have some time to adjust, instead of instant changes. E.g. by losing weight too quickly you can fuck up your metabolism (your body will think that it is starving, so will try to spend less kcals), you will get stretch marks and other shit.

>>37442211
I ordered natural whey and it tasted kinda like buttermilk, when mixed with milk. I like buttermilk, but this wasn't tasting good, but it's drinkable.

>>37442422
Weigh it?

>>37443750
Maybe you have crooked spine a bit?
>>
Is it better to do 10 sets of a muscle group 1x a week, or 5 sets of the group 2x a week?

Basically volume vs frequency
>>
>>37445623
72 hours between workouts is "optimal." Training once a week with a shit ton of volume means you'll be using lower weights to compensate for the work capacity required and you'll also be missing out on the best time to take the next step in your training by about four days.
>>
>>37445205
>1plate

Not /fit/ and Google isn't saying jack shit, what does this mean? Does 1 plate equal 45 pounds?
>>
>>37442156
No big deal.
>>
>>37445603
Soo

A
Squat 5/3/1
Bench 5/3/1
OHP 5/3/1
Dips 2x8
Ab work
Neck resistance

B - team training

C
Deadlift 5/3/1
Rows 5/3/1
Pull ups 5/3/1
Shrugs 3x8
Curls 2x8
Ab work

D - team training
Day off
Game
Day off

Something like this?
>>
>>37445683

1 plate is 45lbs if you're in the states, 20kg virtually everywhere else
>>
>>37443772
>>
>>37443750
Surgery.
>>
Anybody here pay for tinder plus? Is it worth it? Do you use it?
>>
>>37445690
I suppose you can do it like that, but why are you trying to do 5/3/1 like push pull? And why do you have 5/3/1 on assistance exercises like pull ups and rows?

There's a program in the book for 2x a week training. I'd do that.
>>
>>37445690
google "531 book pdf" if you don't have the book
>>
>>37445690
https://www.scribd.com/doc/102957880/531-Foorball-pdf

5/3/1 football
>>
>>37445747
Worth it for chicks who are used to swiping left and accidentally swipe left when they meant to swipe right, I suppose, and for guys using the shotgun approach and swiping right on everything.

I don't really give a shit.
>>
>>37445793
>>37445783
>>37445766
Didn't know this was a book, i'll look it up and stick to it. Thanks guys.
>>
>>37445683
>>37445694
Yes, 1 plate is 45lbs but with barbell exercises 1 plate means 1 plate on each side of the bar, so 90lbs. And you include the weight of the bar which is usually another 45 lbs.

So squatting or benching or pressing 1 plate would equate to a 135 lb lift. 2 plates would be 225 (2 plates each side plus bar).
>>
File: 1465154987083824072926.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1465154987083824072926.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
Are smoothies bad?

I make a big smoothie for 2 of my meals on my cut

I put in around
1 cup strawberries
1 cup mangos
1 cup papaya
1 cup blackberries
1 cup blueberries
1 cup raspberries
1 cup pineapple
1 giant handful of kale and spinach

It makes around 7 or 8 cups of juice.. But is the sugar too much for my cut? Should I replace it with something else? I've been doing 40 mins of cardio lately but bringing it up to an hour of cardio and always do about 30 mins of lifting 5 days out of the week
>>
File: kai_and_dem_nips.jpg (57 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
kai_and_dem_nips.jpg
57 KB, 320x240
>>37443075
like pic related?
>>
>>37445944

600+ kcals of pre-chewed fruit, all from sugar...

Why would you think that's a good idea?
>>
File: DSC_0071.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0071.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
>>37445974
My workout buddy said it would be fine. I only started working out 7 weeks ago and hes the one that used to workout and I never have before, so I trusted him.. But now I'm starting to think for myself now that I'm getting used to working out and dieting.

>pic related, breakfast
>>
You have a supraspinatus tear, or have had one. I got one too playing football that I'm currently remedying. Went to physiotherapist waste of money you could find all the assets to fixing it on the internet. I used this website: http://www.physio-pedia.com/Supraspinatus_tear In order to find some pretty solid physiotherapy excercises and it started feeling much better. The front of your shoulder hurts because you have both biceps tendonitis and a tight pec minor. Search up on youtube how to fix those and you should be good. Lastly; If you want functionality as an athlete I reccommend ficing the problem at its core, your rounded shoulders. Practice good posture, work on rear delts and back (wouldnt reccommend pull ups untill fully healed) and you shoukd be good.

Hope this helped anon
>>
>>37445623
Twice a week isn't enough imo, forget about once a week.

I would fix frequency at 3-4 times a week and then vary your reps and sets. Do a heavy and light day with more sets and fewer reps on the heavy day and fewer sets with more reps on the light day.
>>
any ausfags know the best place to buy a budget home gym?(rack,barbell,bench,weights)
>>
Thats meant for >>37441078 anon :)

>>37446030
>>
>>37446009
Why don't you eat something that actually has calories and energy for breakfast?
>>
>>37446009
The only reason it might be good is if it keeps you full somehow and so below your kcal limit.
>>
>>37445623
Do you mean 3-4 per muscle group??
Even 6 day/week PPLs only hit each group twice a week (PPLxPPL)
>>
>>37445944
Smoothies are good but that's a shit ton of fruit. Powder some oats and chia seed and put that in to provide some fiber to lessen the sugar spike and give you some whole grains. Also add some fucking dairy like cottage cheese or yogurt. And less fruit for fucks sake.
>>
>>37446092
Was replying to
>>37446059
>>
>>37446063
Sandbags. Buy them from the hardware store. Fill them with dirt and/or playground sand, which is also available at the hardware/home improvement store.

Barbells are best, but weight is weight.
>>
>>37445113
get your form checked and work on hip mobility, make sure to work on core strength, too. what's your program like?

get your protein and maybe keep yourself at maintenance for a few months as you work on gaining strength
>>
>>37440530
I am a student that needs to study most of the time. The problem I have is I get so tired and sleepy after each meal. Sometimes my diet suffers due to the need to study and I'm too scared to eat. Can anyone help?
>>
>>37446128

because it might have been deleted:

>I am a student that needs to study most of the time. The problem I have is I get so tired and sleepy after each meal. Sometimes my diet suffers due to the need to study and I'm too scared to eat. Can anyone help?

Carb heavy meals? Sign of insulin resistance. Keto/low carb will probably help.
>>
File: 14651560974891749890262.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
14651560974891749890262.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
>>37446081
Its about 600 calories

Pic related, I eat a container of these greens 15 servings

I also add a tbsp of virgin olive oil
>>
>>37445690
Doing 3 5/3/1 lifts on the same day is wayyyyyy far from optimal.
And doing rows/pullups on 5/3/1 is ridiculous
>>
So today I raised the weight 5lbs once again on my deadlift on candito's lp, and I only managed to pump out 2 reps compared to the 6 i was able to pump out last week. I don't want to think that I've stalled yet, so I'm thinking it's because I'm not lifting with my legs. Tips on how to engage quads/hamstrings on the sumo deadlift? Also any other tips on plateauing etc. would be appreciated.
>>
>>37446156
>600 kcal
>30 g protein

jesus

>>37446190
if you're hungry, eat more protein, more leafy green low-calorie veggies (spinach is 100 kcal per pound, by the way, and tastes decent with a little wine vinegar), whole fruit (not puree), and, oddly, potatoes (baked or boiled with only salt),
>>
>>37446195
eat more, sleep more

autoregulation: if you can't get the reps, back off on the weight you can always up it next time
>>
File: disgusting.webm (233 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.webm
233 KB, 640x360
>>37446190
>>
>>37446215
something wrong with my bag of greens?

I didnt think it was that bad
>>
>>37446092
This is why ppl doesn't work, the frequency isn't there.

I would hit each muscle group more than once in a given workout and you should have a workout that includes those muscles 3 times a week. For me the exception to this rule is squats/legs which I do one or twice a week at most.

I do an upper lower split with a dedicated push day and dedicated pull day thrown in occasionally. It's not a weekly schedule.
>>
someone told me to squeeze my shoulders together when doing pull ups
I'm a beginner and now I have had back pain/constant tension in my back area for the last few days
I figured that sqeezing is bad form but as my back is still being a bitch I'd like to know if there's any stretching I can do to lower the tension
>>
>>37446286
Greens are nice, but 1/2 lb of ground beef has fewer kcals and more protein.
>>
Can I lift 3 times a week and do cardio the other two? Like, Monday, Wednesday and Friday lifting and Thursday and Tuesday cardio. The sticky said I could, but I also heard it ruins gains. There has been some months I lift, can I do it?
H
>>
>>37446305
well, I also get a scoop or two of whey gold standard protein in my day.. but you think I should get more protein?

I dont even know how much protein I should consume with hard cardio for 1 hour and 30 mins of weight lifting 5 times a week (mon-fri) and sat and sun are rest days
>>
>>37446289
You're actually supposed to pull your shoulder blades together when you do pull ups. Together and down, actually, but still.

The pain you feel is probably DOMS. You're just sore from the exercise. Could last 10 days if it's really bad.

>>37446324
Yes, but the less you do cardio the easier you'll gain weight. You do need some for work capacity and conditioning, though.
>>
how do you know when to text or not text a girl.

i dont want to smother this girl but I like hanging out with her.
>>
I'm cocoon mode and lift at home. I have no friends to talk to offline and keep to myself (for example when I shop I always use self service checkouts)
I've noticed that when I talk to people online I get nervous and anxious. Best way to fix this? Obviously this will be a barrier to being social.
>>
>>37446361
But I want to lose fat, am I going to?
>>
>>37446348
Protein should be about 1.2-1.7 g per kg or lean mass, per Tipton. If you're doing that, you're fine. If not, add more protein.
>>
File: sugar.png (100 KB, 791x1029) Image search: [Google]
sugar.png
100 KB, 791x1029
>>37446348
pic related. average day for me
>>
>>37446190

jesus christ dude just kill the damn thing before you skin it alive and burn it alive ffs fucking asians
>>
>>37446390
Lots of exercise doesn't help nearly as much as cutting kcals.
>>
>>37446412
Can I still build muscle cutting but eating enough protein though?
>>
>>37446411
did you not notice the head has been cut off?

>>37446384
wait half an hour to two hours at least

>>37446387
go on omegle or other cam site and practice talking to people about random shit
>>
>>37446361
Are you supposed to keep a straight body or should the hands end up being behind my shoulder?
I was told to kind of try bringing my elbows closer together which created a lot of pressure between my shoulder blades

I hope it's just DOMS
>>
>>37446435
If you're really fat or really new or on a really slow cut, maybe, otherwise not really.

>>37446446
straight body, yes

just try to pull your elbows down and back. you should feel your shoulder blades come together and down. touch the bar to the top of your chest.

does it feel wonky and sore and stiff and sort of painful throughout the entire range of motion? if so, DOMS.

injuries are usually pain in specific positions
>>
>>37446440

Listen I'm not an animal activist but this is just below humane levels, it's like that asian restaurant where they don't kill the frog before skinning it from the head down, they serve you the thing while it's still blinking at you and trying to escape death

what kind of scum would find that cool or funny
>>
>>37446487
who gives a shit? it's not a person. harden the fuck up, son. you eat and cook most vegetables alive. and plants can sense their environment. it's just that most of them don't squirm.
>>
>>37445944
Look up Joe Rogans garlic shake. It has garlic which supposedly ups t-levels.
>>
>>37445955
I wish, add some slight bat wings under those pecs with droopy nips.
>>
File: 20160605_222157.jpg (58 KB, 339x306) Image search: [Google]
20160605_222157.jpg
58 KB, 339x306
>>37446486
that's the area it hurts
like almost exclusively to the left side

the reason why I might struggle is because we don't have a bar but like two small hand grips
so I think I kind of fucked up my body posture

I'll just wait it out for now and hope for DOMS.
Tanks brah
>>
>>37446554
In rats. If they eat almost 1% of their body weight in garlic. I don't see OP eating two or so pounds of garlic a day.
>>
>>37446592
could be a strain. try massaging your back with a tennis ball against a wall. start with where it hurts and then move outward looking for tender spots. hold on them gently for 30s or until you feel a release. do the "okay" side, too.
>>
File: image.png (230 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
230 KB, 750x1334
>>37446595
Just get enough protien and you're good.
>>
>>37446629
You need about double that. Two pounds.

1300 kcals in just garlic. 300 g carbs with only 60 g protein and 5 g fat. That's no way to live.
>>
>>37446629
At what point do you just say "fuck it" and just pin some mg?
>>
>>37446654
On a bulk.
>>
>>37446671
2 lbs of garlic. 2 lbs ground beef.

Every day.

Best bulk ever.
>>
Is it worth it doing lighter sets for a main lift after your main sets?

Example:
Benching 3x5
vs
Benching 3x5, 2x5 lighter weight

I guess my situation is that the weight I'm lifting has gotten to the point where It'll take me 2-3 workouts to get the full reps and sets I want before moving the weight up, and after my last set I just can't lift that weight, I need to go lighter.

I'm wondering if adding lighter sets, possibly at higher reps, after doing main sets will improve the rate of strength gains.
>>
>>37446668
I mean you can be smart about it. Try it when your like 24-25 and just run a simple test cycle or some shit. But if your like 20 and you shoot that shit you're gonna have a bad time. Unless you know what you're doing. Like if you got down to a solid frame and bodyweight that'd justify it.
>>
Sweet Potato Pie or Blueberry Cobbler?
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 552x365) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 552x365
>>37446760
I use his preworkout. 4 scoops minimum.
>>
>>37446754
Dude. I mean when you're so desperate for more T that you'll eat two pounds of garlic a day, how much worse does it have to get before you just give in to the pin?

>>37446760
fuck off, piana
>>
>>37446777
stfu, blueberry cobbler is out of stack, and i dunno if potato pie is good
>>
>>37446760
http://www.amazon.com/Piana-5%25-Nutrition-Sweet-Potato/dp/B00X7I27ZI

listed in baby food

kekekekekekekekekekekeke
>>
>>37446798
lol what
>>
>>37446813
check out the category it's listed in

top left corner
>>
>>37446828
I'm more shocked they listed it as a vegetable
>>
>>37446798
I'd feed my kid that shit. Mix it with his mothers milk.
>>
>>37446838
well, it is piana
>>
>>37446828
Scoop of 5150 when he comes out the womb. Pour the powder in his mouth.
>>
>>37446828
>>37446852

my fucking sides
>>
>>37446500

we won't see eye to eye asian, you can't compare the two
>>
>>37446864
>>37446862
>>37446852
>>37446847
>>37446838
>>37446828
>>37446813
>>37446798
>>37446777
>>37446770
jokes aside bois, have any of u tried that shit? what is the taste like?
>>
>>37446870
I'm a white man, you little girl
>>
>>37446500
Gotta confuse the assholes by making them realize both have a sense of awareness, right babe?
>>
>>37446882
like sweet potato pie, apparently

read the damned reviews
>>
>>37446889
By the same argument they use about animals being like people, plants are like animals.
>>
if you stop training do you lose cns strength gains? someone explain cns to me like im retarded

pro-tip: i am
>>
>>37446910
Yes. Strength is a skill as well as a function of muscle size. Part of strength is how you learn to coordinate your muscles to be strong.
>>
>>37446882
Non-caffeinated shit imo.
>>
File: 1463412345086.jpg (108 KB, 600x681) Image search: [Google]
1463412345086.jpg
108 KB, 600x681
>>37446883

I just don't see the sense in eating a squirming animal
>>
I want an app that I can put my routine into and then track setsxreps and weight, been doing that on a note taking app for way too long now
what apps are good for that
>>
>>37446956
spreadsheet. really you ought to use a database, but who gives a fuck.

unless you have a particular workout that you like that has an app. like stronglifts or 531 or whatever.
>>
>>37446777
Not in most situations if you have the right priorities about being an athlete.
>>
>>37446953
freshness
>>
>>37446987

do what you will, I've said my part
>>
>>37446953
You could grow a pair.
>>
>>37447013
let's agree to disagree
>>
>>37446956
Bodyspace is sorta nice
>>
>>37442524
jesus christ dude take it easy with the booze
>>
I want to just train/lift instinctively rather than follow a routine. I think it would just be easier. So if I follow the following principles will I see results?

-Eat according to goal
-Progressive overload
-Hit muscles at least twice a week

Anything else to add to this?
I'm cutting atm and am just going to do a full body workout 3 days a week. Goal is also just aesthetics mainly with strength being secondary
>>
>>37445454
A little late in asking. But how do you mean br careful? What do you do carefully?
>>
File: 1459594630980.jpg (486 KB, 1800x2320) Image search: [Google]
1459594630980.jpg
486 KB, 1800x2320
What do when my weight loss has stalled? In the past week I haven't lost any weight despite my diet staying pretty much the same. Before that I was losing about 2lbs per week.
>>
>>37447231
Not to cut too hard. To be sure to get enough protein.

>>37447207
What you want to do might work for a noob for a while if you remember to hit your entire body.

Google "autoregulate weight training" for a plan that takes into account your "instinctive" drives and still lets you make significant progress.

>>37447235
eat more or eat less

eating MAINTENANCE CALORIES for a day or two might reset cortisol levels and help you shed water weight

you probably need to cut more kcals out to create a deficit since your metabolic has gone down as you lost weight (fat is 20% lean tissue and therefore metabolically-active (blood vessels and skin and shit)).
>>
Would you do lateral raises on push day (bench and ohp) or pull day (chins rows)?
>>
>>37447442
pull

they're basically a vertical row with your arms straight.
>>
>>37446956
Fit notes is what I use. It's simple and does exactly what you describe.
>>
Whats the importance of tracing the deadlift bar on your leg?
>>
>>37447235
Steady state cardio and diet. Try cutting 100 calories.
>>
>>37447207
I've worked out like that and made practically no progress for months. (have worked out some time before that.) Then I decided to follow a program for the first time and I chose Shortcut to Size. Suddenly I made great gains.

I think I didnt make much progress while working out how you suggest because I mixed up different muscle groups from set to set.
So if you want to train "instinctively", make sure to give the muscle of your choice enough volume at a time before switching to the next muscle group.

But that's just my experience
>>
>>37447431
Thanks! I usually get 100g+ and cutting by 700-1000 calories at least.

Am I golden?
>>
>>37447474
keeps the weight in control and roughly over the middle of your foot

>>37447539
you're probably fine unless you're really skinny already
>>
Do I need to see a nutritionist before start taking protein supplements?
>>
What is the best way to do a barbell lunge?

I've heard walking lunges are shit, so I've been doing rear lunges.

I find rear lunges awkward as fuck though. Will I get used to it with time? Should I prop my rear foot on a bench or something? I don't want to tweak my joints but I do like lunges.
>>
>>37447619
No.

>>37447659
Step forward a bit with one foot. Step back a bit with the other. Then go up and down until you've done the required reps.

Practice without weight and see if you can keep your abs and low back relaxed to ensure you aren't leaning forward or back. Use one hand on your abs and one on your low back. Lean back to deactivate your low back. Lean forward to deactivate your abs.
>>
If I had a really intense workout and have 300 cals left over in my deficit, would it be better to leave them or have a protein shake?
>>
>>37447713
Thanks.
>>
>>37446910
If you switch training to something less strength based, that still involves you contracting your muscles (namely endurance or explosivity-based training rather than strength training)

Then not really no.. Unless you were powerlifter strong, with respectable numbers.

If you mean if you just stop physically training, then yes.. You will lose a lot of cns adaptationbut will be able to gain it back faster than if you had never trained
>>
>>37447442
Ignore the retard that said pull.

You do them after ohp, mang.
>>
i started out 5'11 117lbs, now im 130lbs and i dont look like i first hand witnessed a nazi invasion but still need a lot of work. im planning on hard bulking for a month, realistically how much is the most i can gain? i dont even care if it's a ton of fat on top of the muscle, i need SOMETHING on my bones. ill start gaining slowly once i look like a normal human being at 145lbs or so
>>
>>37447777
do you do lateral raises until your hands are above your shoulders? no? pull day.
>>
What are the actual pros and cons of wearing gloves?
>>
>>37447729
cutting, by the way
>>
>>37447815
>>37447777
:( my thought was that facepulls would definitely go on pull day. And facepulls hit the medial delt so you'd want lateral raises on the same day as that.
>>
>>37447780
Jesus. You're lucky to be alive.

In a month you could probably gain 20 lbs if you're really fucking serious, eat everything you can get your hands on, and don't care about fat gains. Realistically, probably 5 lbs of muscle.

Seriously consider the gallon of milk a day route, though.

>>37447822
They'll make it harder to grip the bar (harder lifts but more grip training (just do actual grip training)), they cost money, they make you look like a dork. But they do keep your hands soft.
>>
>>37447442
Pushing movements usually involve the front and lateral delts, thus if you're going to do lateral raises you should do them on push day (ie with bench and the press).

Work your rear delts on pull day.. Something like face pulls or rear delt flyes.
>>
>>37447863
push/pull is about movements, not muscles.

squat is a push, deadlift is a pull. they work basically the same muscles.

really, though, it doesn't matter which day you do single joint accessory work. just be sure to do it at the end of the workout and not the beginning. save your effort for the hard exercises.
>>
>>37447893
Push pull is just the "back and bis" "chest and tris" split. It's definitely about muscle groups you mong.

Lateral raises go with push. Face pulls and rear delt flyes go with pull.
>>
>>37447959
pull is weight going toward the shoulder or hip. push is weight going away from the shoulder or hip.

lateral raises are going up toward the shoulder. it's a pull, you retard.
>>
>>37447959
it's literally named for the movements. the similarities to the BB split is incidental. if it were the bb split, it wouldn't be called "push pull" it would be called "back and bis and chest and tris"
>>
>>37447872
>Seriously consider the gallon of milk a day route, though.

tried that but got sick after a day, ill just eat everything constantly and do starting strength for a couple months. i'd be really happy if i reached 145lbs after the month ends
>>
>>37448001
why do you think there's push movements and pull movements? like why are they separate?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.