[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If vegans need prescription drugs to prevent and treat iron and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 18
File: gogreen.jpg (95 KB, 347x347) Image search: [Google]
gogreen.jpg
95 KB, 347x347
If vegans need prescription drugs to prevent and treat iron and vitamin B12 deficiencies, can they still claim natty? Y or N?
>>
>>37309281

BEEF, WHAT A RELIEF

WHEN WILL THIS POISONOUS PRODUCT CEASE?
>>
>>37309310
THIS IS ANOTHER PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT YOU CAN BELIEVE IT OR YOU CAN DOUBT IT
>>
>>37309281
He looks like an Alien
>>
>>37309331

LET US BEGIN NOW WITH THE COW

THE WAY IT GETS TO YOUR PLATE AND HOW
>>
>>37309310
>>37309331
>>37309427
He makes a living from this now. How crazy is that.
>>
Jesus christ he looks like a carrot himself.
>>
>>37309281

POTION SELLER, I AM IN NEED OF YOUR STRONGEST POTIONS
>>
>>37309281
If vegans go against evolution and the natural order are they natty?
>>
>>37309281
is that pic photoshopped?
>>
Just as much as people who consume animals that were given prescription drugs.

Iron isn't really an issue btw, can easily get enough without drugs.
>>
i saw him in a tank top in a recent video and he actually looked good; very big shoulders and traps. Has he gotten bigger or does his shit physique only become clear when the shirt comes off? (obviously don't like VG he's a sociopathic asshole)
>>
>>37310672
>Just as much as people who consume animals that were given prescription drugs.
That's different though. All those do is increase the profit for the company. If they didn't then meats would be more expensive.
These drugs actually make the chicken less "healthy". If they somehow helped the protein get absorbed when we ate it then it would be illegal.

Vegans aren't natural. You shouldn't change the rules for people who are outside looking in.
>>
>>37310742
The farmers reasoning is moot, if they are giving them B12, and it is now found in the animals flesh, milk, or eggs then it still is having the same outcome.
One is given to the animal and then consumed in the form of animal products. The other is just cutting out the middle man and taking it directly.

Appealing to nature when it is convenient doesn't make for a strong case. Lots of other things are natural too, yet we recognize as a whole that those actions are completely susceptible to scrutiny just like anything else.

We also don't drink directly from water sources outside (because it is unsafe for modern humans), we don't eat food that has soil still on it (because of our hyper clean society, as well safety), and we are also much cleaner from things such as dirt and feces on our skin (because again hygiene). These things all provide ample B12, and are natural, yet no one willingly living in modern society will do them.

Doing whats effective, moral, and logical seems to be a better way to go through life if you care for yourself and others.
>>
>>37309281
His head creeps me out
>>
>>37309809
>POTION SELLER, I AM IN NEED OF YOUR STRONGEST POTIONS

Kek
>>
File: X4zU2a3.jpg (60 KB, 600x476) Image search: [Google]
X4zU2a3.jpg
60 KB, 600x476
I posted him here when he had like 9k subs and everyone accused me of being him and trying to viral advertise
>>
>>37309281
his forehead is shopped right
>>
>>37310833
>Doing whats effective, moral, and logical seems to be a better way to go through life if you care for yourself and others.

I would tend to agree t.b.h. but I dont want to look like a green alien
>>
>>37311565
Then look like Jon Venus instead
>>
>>37311565
There is nothing immoral in eating meat or being a part of the big machine that makes meat for human consumption. It's not great that we warehouse and slaughter but we need to eat. We cannot all hunt. Being someone who does hunt I don't see how shooting a deer is somehow nicer and more humane than braining a cow. Same basic shit. As long as there are no boners involved in killing animals and it's done with some dignity it's ok. Stop listening to pussy ass faggots who tell you meat is murder.
>>
>>37312509
>But we need to eat!

You can survive without animal products, don't make it about survival you're talking about meat tasting good and meat being normal to eat so you justify it.
>>
>>37313257
If you want to get into survival, technically we could all live off of Soylent. Growing food crops damages the ecosystem, and it's much more humane to just take the nutrients directly, rather then waste energy growing crops.

Truly, Soylent eaters are the only humane people out there.
>>
File: fuckboy.jpg (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
fuckboy.jpg
25 KB, 300x300
omg spam detector thingy is fucking annoying
>>
The only thing Veganism has going for it is the environmental impact.

>Veganism is healthy

Scientific consensus on anything but a balanced diet is highly debatable.

>Veganism is cruelty free/more moral

Technically there is no product on Earth today that is cruelty free/does not cause the suffering of others. You could argue that modern agriculture damages the environment, and disrupts many species. Furthermore, transportation of exotic foods damages the environment, and the cultivation of these foods in third-world countries has poor environmental and human rights track records. Therefore, you should be homegrowing all of the food that you consume.

Going even further than just food, the cotton clothing that you're wearing comes from a pesticide-ridden plant, and most likely was manufactured in a polluting factory in a third-world country. Don't think about ordering sustainable, natural clothing online though; the computer, phone, and any other electronics that you're using all have conflict minerals in them, taken from earth-poisoning mines in the Congo. Clearly, vegans cannot claim complete moral superiority with all this environmental damage.

This plays into the environmental impact, which is the only logical argument that veganism has. It is less environmentally impactful to eat a vegan diet than it is a diet with meats. Again though, referring to the above paragraph, there is still more reductionism that can be done to stop harming the environment.
>>
>>37309281
>prescription drugs
>dietary supplements
Pick one you fucking retard
>>
>>37309281
A vegan teacher, and experienced alpinist, from Australia wanted to climb the Mount Everest and prove to the world that vegans can be strong, too. She died. Well done, vegans!
>>
>>37309281

There is no logical argument against veganism, seriously man I've watched hundreds of vids from Vegans and their argument is air tight. I will probably still eat meat till the day I die, just in lower amounts as I get older to prevent colon cancer and shit.
>>
>>37309507

Nikka makes around 10-15k a month making youtube videos, fml.
>>
>>37313957
Veganism is to nutrition what fascism is to politics. It's a fucking dogma.

Veganism is not a sustainable lifestyle as it relies on food imports from foreign countries and exotic supplements. It's not more healthy, as vegetables and cereals are often heavily charged with toxic pesticides, fungicides, and heavy metals. And I'm not even speaking of genetically modified food. Also, I'd like to point out that vegan food, often comes from countries were workers are exploited (Africa, South America, South East Asia, China).

Lastly, all people who have the longevity world record, all, were omnivorous.
>>
>>37314048

>talking out of your ass

When you're so desperate to disparage veganism that you start arguing vegetables aren't healthy, it's time to stop posting.
>>
>>37314073
It is proven that vegetable from China, South-East Asia and Turkey (just a few examples) are laden with toxic pesticides.

For me I prefer to eat a balanced diet using local organic products (vegetables and meats) than relying on some stuff grown by some nignogs in industrial farms with no control over what chemicals are used and in what quantities. You can eat that shit if you want.
>>
>>37314073
By the way, the only person in my family who has cancer and is under 50yo is the long term vegan.
>>
>>37314048
Dont dis fascism you degenerate leftist
>>
>>37314166
I said fascism, I could have said communism or Stalinism. The point is that most vegans are sectarian, self-righteous assholes.
>>
>>37314151

I don't know why you'd assume that vegans are all eating Chinese and Turkish vegetables (why can you eat local organic produce but vegans can't?) but do you have any data anyway that, even if they shipped all their broccoli from Beijing, that this translates to increased risk of health problems?

A vegan can have a balanced diet of locally grown, organic food as well, and in some ways it would be superior to your diet.
>>
File: bitch-please.gif (148 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
bitch-please.gif
148 KB, 640x480
>>37313839
>cyanocobalamin, IV iron dextran/sucrose/gluconate
>dietary supplements
>>
Veganism is terrible:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/25/world/everest-deaths-climb-maria-strydom/index.html

Even amputee can climb Mount Everest but a vegan cannot:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/05/19/veteran-first-combat-amputee-summit-everest/84537660/

>be vegan
>climb Mount Everest
>die

>be Marine
>only have 1 leg
>still manage to climb Everest
>didn't die
>>
File: 1464057988463.png (272 KB, 485x489) Image search: [Google]
1464057988463.png
272 KB, 485x489
>mfw can enjoy every cultures food without limiting myself to beans and hemp seeds
>>
GUYS is semen vegan?? Need to know
>>
>>37310742
>>37309892
>veganism is not natural

its not like humans were eating nothing but fruits for the first 10 million years kek.

>>37309943
yes it is, he looks goofy but his head isnt deformed like that

>>37312509
True, if all people would go into the woods and hunt the animals i think vegans wouldnt have that much of a problem with it.

But its not like this and the slaughter houses are a nightmare, no doubt about that.

>>37313919
hundreds of meat eaters died climbing the moun everest, whos the loser here?

>>37314048
>when meat eaters are grasping for straws so hard they start saying : " vegetables and fruits arent healthy doe!"

>inb4 vegan

jokes on you im vegetarian, eggs and milk everyday for me fgt
>>
>>37315122
>hundreds of meat eaters died climbing the moun everest, whos the loser here?

The people who announce they're going to prove something by climbing mt everest and die doing it, therefore not proving shit?
>>
>>37315139
Yeah that was a fail, but that doesnt change the fact that hundreds of meat eaters have died there despite being "strong", "manly".

Also let us not forget she was a woman. I mean come on, a weak fragile woman.
Woman are not capable of doing anything at all
>>
>>37309809
Hahah made my fucking day
link for anyone who missed out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_FQU4KzN7A
>>
>>37309281
Vegan is not a diet,it's a belief system,where you put a restriction and make your entire life evolve around it.

Like jews have kosher, they didn't choose not to eat dairy with meat at the same meal,or that some part of a cow is inedible but a chemically and visually identical part is,it's in their guidebook or whatever, and I'm sure if they were to rewrite it,they would change the rules a bit,but it is what it is.

Vegans are even more fucked up,because eating shellfish,mussels oysters,shrimp etc would solve 100% of their dietary problems,and they would probably be healthier than the entire population bc nothing has more nutrition gram/gram than these invertebrates.

But, bc vegans consider these barely living things and certainly not sentient to be animals,they will abstain from it,as if some vengeful God from The Old Testament will kill their first born.

So arguing with them would be like me trying to talk to some rabbi about trying out some bacon bc of its selenium content.
>>
LOL at vegans getting BTFO.
>>
>>37315158
Not a single meat eater has climbed under the guise of being strong and manly simply for being a carnivore, you're straw manning everybody who climbed while eating meat like a fucking jackass shut the fuck up already
>>
>>37313291
>growing crops hurts the ecosystem so we shouldn't go vegan
>but clearing acres upon acres of land to build mud paddocks to accomodate factory farms as well as growing crops to produce grain to feed the cows that graze on said land is completely harmless and a fucking brilliant idea because steaks are yummy
nice logic kiddo
>>
>>37315762
Overfishing is morally objectionable, jackass. Nobody's saying it's a tragedy when you consume one mussel. People say it's a tragedy when you fish 1400 tonnes of mussels annually from a single reef in New Zealand which leads to the depletion of the mussel population of the hauraki gulf.
Jesus, sometimes I really overestimate the intelligence of meat eaters.
>>
>>37315947
Worry not. Farmed seafood is sustainable.
>>
>>37313366
Okay so let's say I'm wearing a cotton t-shirt right now, AND I eat meat, which means I contribute towards a process you already acknowledge is harmful. This is situation A.
Now let's assume all the facts from situation A, but now instead of eating meat I subsist off of a plant based diet. This is situation B.
Isn't situation B less harmful than situation A? It seems as though your argument is that no matter what I do I'm going to cause harm, so I might as well just do whatever I feel like. But some paths cause less harm than others, so why shouldn't I take those roads? In fact, by your logic, there's no reason to enforce any laws because no system of laws is absolutely preventative.
>>37316003
https://www.environment.gov.au/system/files/resources/47456586-e529-4b99-8ad0-098e14851777/files/impacts-aquaculture.pdf

Sustainable? Arguably. Environmentally friendly? Not even close. And the ordinary moral objections you can raise re finfish still seem to stand.
>>
>>37315122
>its not like humans were eating nothing but fruits for the first 10 million years kek.

>Someone actually believes this

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaha

No.
>>
Does he have jaundice?
>>
>>37316047
Eating plants is not environmentally friendly either. You have to destroy to feed yourself. Not even your act of defecating the beans you had for dinner last night is since you release methane into the air while doing it, contributing to global warming.

Perhaps you should stop breathing too, since what you exhale is mainly carbon dioxide, which in high concentrations contributes to global warming.
>>
Does anyone have pictures of him competing?
>>
>>37315898
are you--are you serious?

the point is that there is no way to avoid environmentally harming the world aside from killing yourself altogether. that's how the world works. if you're upset, kill yourself right now. you're killing plants which react to stimuli just as animals and humans do. you're harming the earth by being vegan.

seriously. if you actually do care about the world and genuinely don't want to harm anything, just end your life. otherwise, you're a hypocrite who thinks shielding yourself with a "moral" lie is going to make you a better person. stop lying to yourself.
>>
>>37316151
Punching someone in the nose is a bad thing. Stabbing someone in the gut is worse. If I had no choice but to do one or the other, it would be seriously wrong for me to not punch that someone in the nose.
Industrial scale farming of plant matter is not environmentally friendly. Industrial scale farming of animals is not environmentally friendly either. That's not the issue. The issue is which is worse, and there is no question that farming animals is so much worse than farming plants.
>>37316181
See above, and please don't try to read between the lines of what I'm posting. I speak plainly and say what I mean. If I'm silent on whether a particular farming process is harmful to the environment, that's not me saying it's great. It's just silence.
>are you--are you serious?
Also you talk like a redditor and your shit's all retarded.
>>
>>37316211
>That's not the issue. The issue is which is worse, and there is no question that farming animals is so much worse than farming plants.

Even worse is humans. Even your corpse will release poisonous gases into the atmosphere when you die. You are that useless. Please, please see the bigger picture, read between the lines and kill yourself for a better world.
>>
File: 1346638593856.jpg (33 KB, 400x398) Image search: [Google]
1346638593856.jpg
33 KB, 400x398
>>37316270
>Even your corpse will release poisonous gases into the atmosphere when you die
But there's nothing I can do about that. Are you even reading my posts?
>>
>>37316291
You should shoot yourself into space and die there. Your remains will not affect Earth's atmosphere. Please stop polluting our planet. Our ecosystem thanks you.
>>
>>37316318
>it's another meat eaters get btfo and start spouting garbage thread
I have never seen a thread on 4chan where vegans have lost the argument. Good to see this will be no exception.
>>
File: literally me.jpg (64 KB, 625x350) Image search: [Google]
literally me.jpg
64 KB, 625x350
Vegans are just narcissists that think they're important enough to have any affect on the mistreatment of farm animals.

It's pathetic, really.
>>
>>37316336
Humans are the worst polluters of this world.
>>
>>37316291
trying to talk to /fit/izens about meat vs plant based diet is like trying to explain to your mom why you're looking at a CBT
>>
File: Pointless3.jpg (279 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
Pointless3.jpg
279 KB, 2048x2048
>>37316344
Vegans do have an effect on the treatment of farm animals, as well as the quantity of animals farmed.
>>37316352
Agreed.
>>
>>37316378

ya okay whatever

enjoy your anaemia sweetie :) x
>>
>>37316413
Enjoy your cancer.
>>
>>37316378
>Agreed.

That's why you should kill yourself. It's your ethical and moral obligation to preserve the world.
>>
>>37316424
>Vegans confirmed for malicious and vile
>>
>>37316429
There's a moral position called anti-natalism which advocates for that exact position. I personally disagree with it for reasons but you might be interested in it.
In any case, balancing the benefit the external world would recieve from me killing myself against the benefit I'd recieve from not killing myself attracts me towards not doing that.
>>
>>37316424

The more plant-based your diet is, the more carbon dioxide and methane you release through your farts into the air. Take a minute to ponder over that. Is it really worth living if you are contributing to global warming that much as a vegan?
>>
>>37316458
Yeah cool, it's all fun and games for you now that you've been blown out. Might as well get more and more silly in your posting until eventually you can just claim you were trolling all along.
To your point, global warming is an inevitability, human individuals can't stop it. Perhaps with enough corporate social responsibility and government mandates we can slow it, but the impression I've gotten from the climate scientists I speak to is that the fight's been over for years now.

There's more to protecting the environment than just global warming though. Pollution and waste management, for instance, two things animal farming contributes to massively.
>>
you dont need prescription drugs, a b12 tablet is it. iron deficiencies are a myth as long as your smart about eating.
>>
>>37316447
>suggests anti-natalism
>disagrees with it
>expects others to die/not be born except their useless self
>>
File: pizza.jpg (62 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
pizza.jpg
62 KB, 550x550
>>37316501

CHAD is eating PIZZA while you're stressing over the BEAN CURD you just spilled all over your SCRAWNY legs.
>>
>>37316501
>To your point, global warming is an inevitability, human individuals can't stop it.

Of course you can. Kill yourself today.

One less human to pollute the world.
>>
>>37316527
>expects others to die/not be born
Why do you think that's what I think? I literally made a point of saying that that's not what I think.
>I personally disagree with it for reasons
>>37316544
>I was just trolling this whole time bro!
>>
>>37316550
>Why do you think that's what I think? I literally made a point of saying that that's not what I think.

>wishes cancer upon others >>37316424
>pretends not to support killing other humans
>>
>>37316550

He makes a good point, if every human killed themselves the world would likely be a better place... classic vegan narcissism thinking that he's a special snowflake. Pathetic.
>>
>>37316550
Not trolling. You don't want to see the bigger picture and swallow this red pill: If you killed yourself today, the world would actually become less polluted tomorrow.
>>
I don't eat meat dairy or fish. But i'm not a vegan because I eat honey. got fucked for life because I'm lactose intolerant

Feel better on a high carb low fat/low protein diet
dislike the whole vegan cult thing. but people should cut down on eating shitty meat from walmart
>>
>>37316569
That guy told me to get anaemia.
>>37316574
Yeah but it wouldn't have humans in it, it would have wild animals that can't enjoy life anywhere near as much as humans do.
>>37316583
There's more to life than pollution. If you're not trolling then I can't shake the feeling you're trying to get me to attack a position I never tried to make out.
>>
>>37316593
>it would have wild animals that can't enjoy life anywhere near as much as humans do.

If said animals can't enjoy life like we do, why do they deserve to live them? It's best we eat them so they don't go to waste because according to you they can't enjoy life.
>>
>>37316592
Nothing wrong with eating honey famalam, bees make too much of it and bee farming keeps bee populations up by preventing colony collapse disorder which is a huge problem. Also honey alternatives like agave nectar destroy ecosystems that support critically endangered species.
>>37316618
>I say: Animal farming is more harmful than plant farming.
>You hear: There is nothing harmful about plant farming.
>I say: Non-human animals don't have the ability to lead lives as complex and enjoable and fully realised as humans
>You hear: animals can't enjoy life and don't deserve to live
I don't think I can carry on a conversation with someone as low IQ as you.
>>
>>37316618
how do you judge how an animal enjoys its life, fallaced logic to justify your bad habits
>>
>>37316649
You flat out called animals no-life losers and are now backpedaling. You shot yourself in the foot and are now withdrawing yourself from this argument because you haven't proven a vegan diet is better. You lost.
>>
>>37316680
Animals are no life losers. Humans are better than animals. The essential interests of humans should be put before animals.
The most trivial interests of humans - like having nice tasting food - should not be put before the most basic interest of all creatures, which is life itself.
Killing all humans just so wolves and lions and meerkats can have unpolluted worlds where they can sleep outside and tear apart live prey and have sex once or twice in their entire life for the express purpose of procreating is not a sacrifice I'm willing to make though, and I can't connect that to the hypocrisy you're accusing me of.
>>
>>37316710
>The most trivial interests of humans - like having nice tasting food - should not be put before the most basic interest of all creatures, which is life itself.

The main interest of humans is actually a necessity, which is to have a balanced diet. Certain minerals and vitamins are only naturally available in an omnivore diet. You can't get that from a vegan diet unless you resort to synthetic substances, which in turn pollute the environment.

There's nothing more natural than being an omnivore.
>>
>>37316593
He didn't tell you to get anemia, retard. you made that decision when you decided to get iron from beans and lettuce.
>>
>>37316798
You can get all essential nutrients from a plant based diet. Eating animal products is much more convenient, but it's not impossible to survive and thrive on a plant based diet.

As for the pollution limb, the demand for animal products society currently has also pollutes the environment. I'd argue that the pollution associated with manufacturing supplements is definitely lower than the pollution associated with raising a cow from birth to slaughter.
>>37316851
I didn't tell him to get cancer, he made that decision when he decided to eat meat :^)
>>
>>37316860
>You can get all essential nutrients from a plant based diet. Eating animal products is much more convenient, but it's not impossible to survive and thrive on a plant based diet.

You absolutely cannot get B12 from a vegan diet. And please refrain from using the argument that "you shouldn't wash your veggies and eat dirt and your own feces" because the B12 obtained that way is not bio-active and we lack the bacteria in our digestive tracks to break it down, we are not ruminants or rodents.
>>
>>37316535
>vegan pizza doesn't exist
>>
>>37316898
you do know what b12 is right? it isnt just a vegan deficiency either.
>>
>>37316925
But it's 100% prevalent in vegans without supplementation of B12.
>>
>>37316898
You're right, I spoke too soon. It's pretty trivial to access B12 as a vegan though. Plenty of supplements, plenty of fortified foods.
>>
>>37316955
Sounds like being chronically diseased.
>>
>>37317041
Well hopefully by the time we reach the tipping point on veganism in like 50 or 60 years we'll have much more convenient ways and means to stop princesses like you from falling behind.
>>
File: btfo.jpg (81 KB, 604x732) Image search: [Google]
btfo.jpg
81 KB, 604x732
>>37317068
You don't have to wait 50 or 60 years. You are already falling behind.
>>
>>37317109
That's not funny, Maria was a senior academic at my university that I knew from a tax policy unit I did last summer.
Besides, vegan numbers are rising at unprecedented rates. It's found its niche in educated upper middle class sjw types and is radiating outwards from there. Everyone knows multiple vegans now and that trend is only going to rise because its exponents frame it in terms of some kind of moral crisis. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. And don't forget: http://news.rpi.edu/luwakkey/2902
>>
>>37316954
because we live in a sterilized world. its an issue everyone faces.
>>
>>37309281
Anyone in Western countries is prone to be B12 deficient.
Fun fact, vegans are more likely to get B12 supplements. In a perfect display of the Pareto principles, 80% of the general population is B12 deficient and only 20% of the vegans (the nuttiest ones, who may even refuse to adopt both integrators and fortified food) are B12 deficient.
>>
File: resource_eco_health_impacts.png (125 KB, 1427x856) Image search: [Google]
resource_eco_health_impacts.png
125 KB, 1427x856
>>37314048
>>37314151

A regular vegan diet of conventional foods is better on all accounts of sustainability than even the best case scenario meat diet. If you weren't a lunatic meat addict, you could admit that.
>>
>>37315947
most seafood is farmed, mussel farming in particular is good for the enviroment as it helps clean up excess algae and they usually get the same nutrition as their "wild " cousins. Stop being a whore with an agenda,touchy tripfag
>>
>>37317727
We cannot absorb B12 that we produce because bacteria responsible for that is too far down in the intestines and suggesting that we should eat unwashed vegetables is pointless because see >>37316898
>>
>>37309281

>prescription drugs to get enough b12

Op you're fucking stupid. How is a multivitamin or fortified whatever-the-fucking- type-of-milk they drink, a drug?

I mean come on
>>
>>37321127
>How is a multivitamin or fortified whatever-the-fucking- type-of-milk they drink, a drug?

Those are not, but the ones mentioned here >>37315045 are. The key is knowing the difference between dietary supplements and drugs, which you clearly don't. Over-the-counter supplements are not enough to keep iron/B12 levels up. Ask any dumbass anorexic vegan whore and they will promptly tell you which drugs they take to keep irons levels normal. Besides, the body stores enough B12 for a certain time. Vegans only start getting the symptoms of B12 deficiency several months or years into their diet. Posters like you and >>37318476 >>37318546 actually do a disservice to the serious vegan community when you spread such misleading notions that a vegan diet is perfect on its own, and/or that over-the-counter, dietary supplements is all you need to have normal levels of iron and B12. For crying out loud, you even suggest eating humans feces and unwashed vegetables as a means to "easily" obtain B12, which is not true at all.
>>
>>37322095
plants have more iron than corpses.
also, you are getting B12 that was supplemented to the animals.

i supplement it directly without filtering it through cow intestines.
>>
>>37322205
>plants have more iron than corpses

Beef liver is the indisputable best natural source of heme-iron. Non-heme iron from plants is not easily absorbed as heme-iron from meat. This is the reason why vegans often have iron deficiency.

>>37322205
>you are getting B12 that was supplemented to the animals.

B12 is not "supplemented" to animals. They can produce their own B12 and absorb it while humans simply cannot, hence animal food being the only natural source of B12 for humans. This is the reason why 100% of vegans have B12 deficiency and have to rely on B12 supplements.
>>
>>37309281
This is the perfect example of why gains dont matter with an ugly face
>>
File: 051.jpg (64 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
051.jpg
64 KB, 600x600
>>37322319
>heme-iron
enjoy your cancer, stroke and heart disease
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-safety-of-heme-vs-non-heme-iron/
>B12 is not "supplemented" to animals
yes it is.
>>
>>37317213
why dont you do us all a favor and go climb mount everest
>>
>>37322367
>nutritionfacts.org

you are so fucking retarded
>>
>>37309281
this nigga should play braniac in the next marvel movie
>>
>>37322407
peer reviewed studies linked :
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23708150
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24243555
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22951158
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24401818
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23681825
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25369923
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24456871
http://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/efsajournal/pub/1585.htm
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8424387
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20492296
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21616194
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24871478

cry more faggot.
>>
>>37322450

>.gov

Nope
>>
>>37322367
>may
>inconclusive study

>>37322367
>yes it is.
No it's not. The product you posted is to treat cobalt deficiency and aids with synthesis of vitamin B12 in cattle.

>>37322450
>more inconclusive studies
>>
>>37322450
nice sample sizes on those studies :^)
>>
>>37322498
>may
that's how the medical research works pal, if you read more than a research in your life you should've known that. they don't say X cause Y, they say X it a risk factor to get Y.

>more inconclusive studies
give me on inconclusive study against spinach
tip: you can't.
>nice sample sizes on those studies :^)
give me one study with even one person that say lentilles are bad for you.
>>
>>37322510
>>37322640

>nice sample sizes on those studies :^)
give me one study with even one person that say lentilles are bad for you.
>>
File: squidward.jpg (39 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
squidward.jpg
39 KB, 630x630
handsome guy!
>>
>>37322355
>This is the perfect example of

Also why people are reluctant to become vegans. Not only is that person extremely arrogant and mentally unstable, but also the ugliest poster child veganism has ever had in history of ugly poster children. Not even vegans like him.
>>
>>37322640
>that's how the medical research works pal, if you read more than a research in your life you should've known that. they don't say X cause Y, they say X it a risk factor to get Y.

>That coming form someone who cannot tell dietary supplements and drugs apart.
>Thinking his own 5-minute google research and cherry picking is an actual research
>not knowing the difference between conclusive and inconclusive studies
>>
>>37316154
you funny
>>
>>37322736
give me one inconclusive study against spinach.
protip 2: not possible.

enjoy your high risk of top diseases you ignorant retard.
>>
>>37322651
>4.2.8. Lectins in legumes - Lectins are a group of glycoproteins that are present in high levels in legumes (e.g., black beans, soybeans, lima beans, kidney beans and lentils) and grain products [73,74]. Lectins can reversibly bind to carbohydrates without altering their covalent structure [73]. The ability of lectins to bind to and agglutinate red blood cells is well known and used for blood typing—hence the lectins are commonly called hemagglutinins. Lectins also can bind avidly to mucosal cells and interfere with nutrient absorption from the intestine [75]. Because the ability of the lectins to cause intestinal malabsorption is dependent on the presence of enteric bacteria, it has been hypothesized that lectins may also produce toxicity by facilitating bacterial growth in the GI tract [76].

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3153292/
>>
>>37322797
>give me one inconclusive study against spinach.

>still not knowing the difference between conclusive and inconclusive

But since you asked for it:
http://www.naturalnews.com/031933_spinach_e_coli.html
>>
B12 and iron deficiencies can happen to anyone.
>>
>>37322797
Raw versus Cooked Vegetables and Cancer Risk
http://cebp.aacrjournals.org/content/13/9/1422.long

>>37322853
B12 deficiency happens to 100% of vegans.
>>
>>37322813
>that's not cancer, stroke and heart disease

>>37322845
>implying e_coli in plants doesn't come from animal feces

spinach =/= shit covered spinach
try harder faggot.
>>
>>37322898
Eating vegetables doesn’t stop cancer

http://jnci.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2010/04/06/jnci.djq072.abstract?version=meter+at+1&module=meter-Links&pgtype=Blogs&contentId=&mediaId=%2525%2525ADID%2525%2525&referrer=https%253A%252F%252Fwww.google.com&priority=true&action=click&contentCollection=meter-links-click
>>
>>37322845
>quoting natural news
>being this much of a faggot
top kek
>>
>>37322996

Vegetable oils contain 'toxic' chemical linked to cancer and brain degeneration, say scientists

http://www.dmu.ac.uk/about-dmu/news/2015/july/dmu-research-on-healthiest-cooking-oils-revealed-on-bbcs-trust-me,-im-a-doctor.aspx
>>
>>37322319
Answer this : Do you think gorillas are iron deficient because they don't eat bloody corpse organs ?
>>
Raw spinach interferes with calcium absorption

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA400344/Avoid-Vegetables-with-Oxalic-Acid.html
>>
>>37323062
Gorillas are not humans. Gorillas can break cellulose and can produce their own B12, humans cannot.

Scientists Recommend Cooking With Lard, Butter: Frying

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/104393/20151109/scientists-recommend-cooking-with-lard-butter-frying-with-vegetable-oil-releases-toxic-cancer-causing-chemicals.htm
>>
>>37323088
I said iron.
Answer the question again
>>
>>37316090
This.

Humans have some similarities to frugivorous primates like Orangutans, but many, MANY more similarities to omnivorous primates like Chimpanzees.

Every tooth in a creature's mouth is shaped and positioned the way it is for a specific reason. Our incisors are shovel-like to scrape at plant and fruit matter, but we also have canines and bicuspids designed for piercing and tearing meat.

Our bodies are adapted to eating not just plant matter, but animal meat as well. In fact, fruits were a rather seldom-enjoyed food for primitive humans, with a regular daily diet consisting of meats and vegetables.
>>
>>37323193
I already answer your question, dipshit. Gorillas are not humans, different digestive systems, can better absorb nutrients that humans can't. Stop being an argumentative bitch for the sake of it.
>>
File: everest1.jpg (274 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
everest1.jpg
274 KB, 2048x2048
heh
>>
>>37323271
No you mentioned cellulose which was not what i talked about.
>>
>>37322872
It happens to vegans and it happens to people who eat meat as well.
>>
>>37323334
>STRAWMAN
>vs.
>STRAWMAN
>Passive or Aggressive, let's rock!
>>
File: Strawman.jpg (104 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Strawman.jpg
104 KB, 960x960
>>37323372
But there are countless posts in this thread of people whose entire argument is
>be vegan
>climb everest
>die
>therefore veganism is shit
Where is the strawman?
>>
>>37315847
Look the idiot stop replying
Vegans 0
Omnivores 1
>>
>>37323334
I'm a vegan and I don't find this funny. I don't find the jokes about that woman's death on the Everest funny either, but to twist it into "altitude sickness can be prevented by eating bacon" like you're doing is just retarded. That's not what people mean, regardless of their diet. The woman wanted to prove she could climb the Everest because she was a vegan and failed in doing so She only proved that not everyone can do anything, not meat eaters and especially not vegans.
>>
>>37323413
Omnivore is the standard dietary regime. There's nothing special about being an omnivore, it's what you expect. Why would you do anything to prove an omnivore can do it?
>>37323425
Yeah okay mate. I think everyone understands that those posters aren't *just* trying to mock hubris, their express purpose is to show that s vegan diet is inferior to meat eaters, that there's something about not eating meat that's extremely prohibitive to physically demanding activities.

Here's a vegan who successfully summited everest a couple of days before her: http://www.onegreenplanet.org/news/vegan-successfully-climbed-mount-everest/

And while we're at it, let's turn our minds to the meat eaters that died alongside Maria.

Seems like some non-vegans die climbing everest, and some vegans don't die climbing everest. So what the fuck is the point of raising it in the first place?
>>
>>37323425
>I'm a vegan and I don't find this funny

WHO FUCKING CARES KEK? VEGANS ARE A FUCKING SHIT, THEY ARE A NU-MALE LEFTIST PROGRESSIVE CANCER THAT MUST BE ELIMINATED. IF YOU ARE A VEGAN, YOU AREA FUCKING SHIT AND YOUR GIRLFRIEND HAS SEX WITH OTHER MEN!
>>
>>37316334
Think of the wasted energy doing that.
>>
>>37323482
So being vegan isn't to save animals and the environment? Rather tell people you're a special snow flake who didn't do nuthing wrongs? She failed at the task she set. I don't care about you vegans I'll gladly enjoy my cancer and you guys can enjoy youre b12 deficiency.
>>
>>37323733
Where did I say that?
>>
>>37323366
Again, B12 deficiency happens to 100% of vegans and it happens to an undetermined number of meat eaters because B12 is easily obtained from an omnivore diet.
>>
>>37315762
absolutely based anon.

veganism is a religion for white boys(and girls especially) that do not know how to cope with the loss of christianity.
you dont see many black or asian vegan do you?
not many muslim vegans either.
veganism only exists because some spoiled kid has access to fruits and vegetables from all over the world, when they eat their diets they accept without problems the fact that if it wasnt for oil that food would take months to reach them,
>>
>>37316291
yes you could kill yourself and all other humans.
that is the only logical ending of your rationale.
you are just a weak pusy that stops ahlfway to an arbitrary point finding weak excuses.

if you think that eating meat is bad then how can you ignore EVRYTHING else we humans do that is milions of times worse than that.

vegans are just scared weak hypocrites.
if you really believed in what you say than you should be working toward killing yourselves and all of humanity.
>>
>>37323901
>if you think that eating meat is bad then how can you ignore EVRYTHING else we humans do that is milions of times worse than that.
>if you think drink driving is bad how can you ignore EVERYTHING else we humans do that is millions of times worse than that
>If you think child rape is bad how can you ignore EVERYTHING else we humans do that is millions of times worse than that
>if you think littering in the street is bad how can you ignore EVERYTHING else we humans do that is millions of times worse than that
Anon don't take this the wrong way but I think you might be retarded.
>>
>>37323963
are you really a woman?
i`d like to fuck you in your asshole and give you some of my animal product.
>>
>>37323994
I'm an australian man with a 2xbw squat
>>
>>37324021
if you are a man then why are you pushing this vegan bullshit so hard?
isnt it mostly a teen aged white girl thing?
>>
>>37324047
No, it's a commmon sense thing. Where we're at with veganism right now is where US abolitionists were in 1790. Get on board or fall behind, bloodmouth.
>>
>>37323482
>Omnivore is the standard dietary regime.

Omnivore is the standard diet because it provides humans with all essentials they need, not because it's a regime.
>>
>>37324066
you really believe ANYBODY outside of privileged rich white prepubescent girls like you give a shit about this issue?
you 3 can shitpost on the internet as much as you like, fact is of the 7 bilion people of earth veganism is such an insignificant concept thats laughable.
(also you cant fool me girl, your name is anne erin so your a girl, it doesnt matter if you were born a boy)
>>
>>37324066
>falling for a teenage white girl meme
Show us your asshole little girl.
>>
>>37324101
Sorry senpai, I'm in IR mode, by regime I meant norms, decision rules, and procedures facilitating a convergence of expectations. Any pattern of behaviour could be a regime, I wasn't being connotative.
>>37324126
Well I have 8 dollars in my bank account so I'm not rich. I'm male so I'm not a girl. I'm defs not prepubescent. And I know more vegans of colour than I do white vegans. Lots of west asians actually, arabs and indians.
>>
>>37324159
>And I know more vegans of colour than I do white vegans. Lots of west asians actually, arabs and indians

i bet you need 2 hands to count all the non white vegans you know.
and this is despite the fact that you probably surround yourself with vegans everywhere you go.
face it: veganism is white privilege in its most disgusting form.
>>
>>37324198
Doing a count in my head, you can call bullshit on the numbers if you like. I can think of 8 white vegans I know and 4 non white vegans. BUT I know like 400-500 white pople and maybe 100-150 non-white people.
But I digress - how tf are you connecting whiteness to veganism exactly?
>>
File: 1448742300129.jpg (95 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448742300129.jpg
95 KB, 1080x1080
I actually tried going vegan for 6 weeks. I did feel "better" and less bloated but there was no way I could eat 4100cals a day in vegan food. Not only was it expensive to eat that much, I literally had to eat endless amounts of carbs and fruit calorie dense food. Tofu only goes so far. Started getting headaches and insulin sensitivity about 4 weeks in due to the amount of sugars and carbs. Lost weight and lost totals on my big three. Fuck that shit, i'll take my cancer "hurr" and eat my meat, and dairy. I have no doubt you can live healthy as a twink on vegan food, but for serious lifters it's bullshit. And don't link Baboonian, he juices, and not just fruit.
>>
File: cockatoo sprinkler.jpg (115 KB, 500x393) Image search: [Google]
cockatoo sprinkler.jpg
115 KB, 500x393
Friendly reminder that the youngest Australian to summit Everest was 19 and did it in the same climbing season as vegan climber

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-21/alyssa-azar-mount-everest-climb-youngest-australian/7434258
>>
ayyyyy lmaooo
>>
>>37324273
>dat sun damage
>>
>>37324378
She's a Stacy, but i'd impregnate her.
>>
>>37309281
Is this a shop?
>>
>>37324273
nuts, adding seeds like flax and chia into all your foods, rice, beans, lentils, chickpeas, hummus, some oils from time to time, shitload of potatoes, that's what works for me.
>>
>>37324230
non white vegan male checking in.
>>
>>37323270

>omnivorous primates like Chimpanzees.

It's worth mentioning that chimpanzees still have <5% of their diet as meat

> we also have canines and bicuspids designed for piercing and tearing meat.

If only they were large and/or sharp enough to actually do that. Even fully herbivorous primates have larger canine teeth than us. Itt's hard to argue they're specifically for meat eating.

>Our bodies are adapted to eating not just plant matter, but animal meat as well. In fact, fruits were a rather seldom-enjoyed food for primitive humans, with a regular daily diet consisting of meats and vegetables.

Fruits were the main source of calories for humans and pre-humans for millions of years, until hunting became more efficient and starch became easier to process. But, looking at what humans ate in the past doesn't say anything about what we're adapted to eating. We know what we're adapted to eating by studying things today. Looking at modern evidence, it would seem like we're not well adapted to eating meat since it contributes to so many health problems, the most obvious being coronary heart disease, the number one killer of men and women.
>>
>>37324273

>Started getting headaches and insulin sensitivity
>getting insulin sensitivity

You don't even know what insulin sensitivity is.
>>
>>37315164

>handing sauce out on a silver platter

have some respect anon
>>
It's all moot.

Will be eating lab grown meat in 20 years.
>>
Lentils have a ton of iron, u can get all of your iron from 1/2 cups of it.
>>
>>37318546
Bananas, kale, quinoa, bulgur, goji berries, nori seaweed, etc. don't grow in Europe you mongoloid. Most vegetables and cereals don't grow naturally in winter in the northern hemisphere. 90% of your vegan diet relies on food imports. Enjoy eating your food that travelled across half the world in planes and boats, faggot! P.S. If you put a graph, put at least the source. I can post non-referenced crap too: http://www.sciencealert.com/vegetarian-and-healthy-diets-may-actually-be-worse-for-the-environment-study-finds
>>
>>37314193
Good luck having a vegan diet using 100% local products if you live in northern Europe.
Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.