[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cutting and Proteins
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 20160513_071206-1.jpg (2 MB, 1917x2608) Image search: [Google]
20160513_071206-1.jpg
2 MB, 1917x2608
I'm a nub to fitness in general (academic family with near complete disregard to physical health) but for the last week and a half I've been researching and I kinda know what to do (read the sticky plus countless numbers of articles).

During this time I've gone from 94.7kg to 90.2kg (207lb to 198lb) just by cutting down to 2000kcal from the unstoppable gobbling I did before due to my ignorant ways. I actually have a fairly active lifestyle due to my job and even more so going to the gym frequently, burning around 3000-4000kcal depending on the day.

The problem is, I've been monitoring myself closely and noticed that my bf% actually went up despite losing weight, which suggests I'm losing more muscle mass than fat. The research suggests this is because I'm not eaiting enough protein (~1.5g per lb of bodyweight).

So my question is how the fuck am I meant to eat 300g of protein a day, still fit it into 2000kcal diet, not compromise my intake of other macronutrients, not eat the same thing everyday yet not break the bank?

At the moment I'm drinking two protein shakes and having massive amounts of chicken with each meal and I'm only getting to about 170-200g per day. 300g looks damn near impossible.

What should I do? Is there a way to boost my protein intake? Should I just bite the bullet and just eat what protein I can until i lose enough weight for 200g to be an appropriate amount?

>tl;dr
How do I get 300g protein into a 2000kcal cutting diet?

>pic related, the reason why I'm cutting
>>
Your post is bad and you should feel bad
>>
u onl ned 3 preoteins
>>
Don't cut, bulk.
You have the best basis for making massive gains and turning the little extra fat you have into muscles. Cutting now will just make you look weak. You should try the SS and GOMAD programs from the sticky. If you follow those you will come out better and stronger.
>>
>>37245111
Add quinoa to everything you eat.
>>
>>37245111

The amount of protein is for your lean body mass, not your entire body mass. So calculate that first and foremost.

Also, if you lose weight at a rate higher than 1% of your total bodyweight per week, you risk losing muscle. This applies to you right now.

Thirdly, I assume you lift? Otherwise you WILL lose muscle.

Lastly, jesus fucking christ, its been 1,5 weeks. Come back in 5 weeks.
>>
>>37245111

don't worry about protein that much
just eat normally, i.e. 2500+ kcal
it doesn't really matter what it is, your body will turn the additional energy in the nutrients you need
make sure to eat a lot of vegetables though, since it can't make those vitamins

also I think that in your situation bulking would yield much better results, especially since cutting is something you only do after bulking, which apparently you never did
>>
Should I really be bulking at 36% bf? What I've read is that the more bf% you have, the more fat you gain over muscles, and that you can't lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.

Also, yes, I lift, though I don't know if I do enough. There is a group strength training thing I do twice a week. An hour of guided high-rep barbell group training. I'm new to that too though.

The reason I'm posting this early is I figured there would be something I missed -- like 1.5g protein per lb of lean vs. total bodyweight.
>>
>>37245111
Holy fuck people are retarded, this post is proof of it.

You do not need 300g of protein a day, you don't even need half that. You will not see benefits past 0.65g protein/lb of body weight per day. It's a myth so retards like you will give out money to whey protein companies.

>http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
>>
>>37246169
Bulking at your bfp would be retarded since you need to lose that fat eventually to look good and if you cut for a long time after bulking you will lose a significant amount of what you gained
>>
>>37246169
>bulking at 36% bf?
No dude, you shouldn't be bulking until you are at least 12-13% BF

The reasoning for that is because

A) You wont see your muscles through your fat at 36% body fat
B) Your calorie surplus will be too high at 36% surplus and will cause you to become even a bigger fat ass than you are now
C) Lower BF% = higher testosterone in your system = faster/quicker muscle gains

What you need to be doing is strength training low volume 3 days a week in a 500 calorie deficit getting 0.6-0.7g protein per lb of bodyweight a day and focusing on progressively upping your lifts or maintaining strength every week.

ITS THAT FUCKING EASY. If you are consuming over 300g protein per day you are a moron. If you are consuming 200g of protein per day you are a moron. If you are consuming 100g of protein per day, you are around the right area.

Also let's assume you are 36% that means your lean muscle mass is very low, which means going off body weight for your protein intake makes no sense considering you are a fat ass with barely any lean muscle mass. Those calculations are for people who have lean muscle mass close to their overall body weight (low BF%)

Your protein intake requirements are likely around 70-120g a day. Stop being a retard please.
>>
>>37245111

How are you measuring body-fat? Unless you're going with a dexa-pod then you're wasting your time.

Body mass is generally split into Fat Free Mass and Body Fat. When you first start dieting, your body empties its glycogen stores. When you empty your glycogen stores, you lose a tremendous amount of water weight. Both glycogen and water weight are a part of that Fat Free Mass.

>How do I get 300g protein into a 2000kcal cutting diet?

Overkill.

As for how much protein you need, unless you're working with an extreme deficit you need no more than .8 grams per pound of lean body mass (1.6 g / kg lbm in your case).

Time and patience, friend.
>>
>>37246169
Get a gym membership and start a beginners free weight program, you will lose fat faster and will maintain more muscle since what you're doing right now is a joke family
>>
>>37246245
Bro. Chill. The research I did threw up that number. Sure I missed the bit where it was lean bodyweight and not total, but that felt wrong anyway so I came here asking to make sure (and indeed, it is wrong, thanks for clearing that up guys).

>>37246250
>>37246281
Yeah that's what I thought, which is why I'm cutting.

I've found plenty of strength training guides for people bulking, but not much for people in my situation. Should I stick to the guided group training, or should I do something different?

>>37246283
I'm using waist circumference. Should I ditch that?

I am running quite a high deficit though, 1000-1500kcal, even eating 2000kcal. Hell, the only reason I even got this fat given my lifestyle is that I gave literally no thought to what I was eating or impulse control.

>>37246286
Yeah it feels like a joke.

Thanks for clearing this shit up guys. I have literally no idea what I'm doing, and I'm just following what's been repeatedly posted online.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.