[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/, I posted here back in december, how I started a diet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: al bran.jpg (45 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
al bran.jpg
45 KB, 500x500
Hey /fit/, I posted here back in december, how I started a diet and have been posting my progress.

Its been going fairly well, I have lost 50 pounds since I started on december 21st(started before christmas because I figured if I could make it past christmas I could make it a year). My diet was originally 2200 cals a day, then 2000 after a week, then 1500, after a month, and I've set my calorie limit to 1200 a day. However, I have some questions.

First off: When does it get hard? I get some cravings, sure, but its been pretty easy.
Secondly: My calorie limit is 1200, but I go 60 over with a bowl of picture related a lot as my last meal of the day. My question is, is that perfectly fine since its fiber? Is Al-bran good for you or is that a lie?
Thirdly: I am thinking of dropping to 1000 cals a day instead of 1200, is that dangerous? If not, how low can I go before it does get dangerous?

As said before, I don't work out, though I fap twice a day, since I heard a fap is 50 calories burnt.
>>
Look at 50 lbs as a massive victory and start eating more. Your metabolism is getting raped by this few calories. If it's really that easy for you, imagine how easy eating at a 100 calorie deficit would be. You could maintain a healthy metabolism and even add in lifting to boost it even more.

tldr find out your TDEE, eat at -100 calories, aim for 1lb a week, adjust accordingly
>>
>>37055759
Hold up.

When I started this, I was at 345 pounds. I talked to /fit/ about it and they said that 2000 won't get much results, and I should go for 1500 and "not be a wuss". I then decided to one-up them and go for 1200 a day.

"http://mytdee.com" says if I want to go from 295 to 240(my goal) at my height(6foot0inch), 1889 a day is "reckless". Also, can't lift/workout/anything.

My diet consists of 4 grilled chicken breasts in the morning with a bottle of nesquik, 4 grilled chicken breasts for dinner/lunch, and a snack of 1 cup of al-bran later in the day.
>>
>>37055667
a fap doesn't burn 50 calories

don't delude yourself
>>
>>37055870
>8 grilled chicken breasts a day

dude what the fuck
>>
>>37055879
Not him, but how much does it burn?
>>
>>37055888
I was told its lean meat, and that lean meat helps metabolism, and they only have 100 calories each.
>>37055879
I'm still going to fap twice a day, even if it does nothing to help my weight.
>>
>>37055896
different for different people depending on how vigorously you're doing it but unless you're pounding it very furiously for about 15-20 minutes i doubt it's anything significant at all.

if you're really curious, slap on a fitness tracker and see
>>
>>37055870
1,200 calories isn't too little and there's nothing wrong with tons of chicken. Don't listen to the people discouraging you. That was my diet for a year and I lost 187 lbs.
>>
>>37055969
>there is nothing wrong with eating nothing but chicken and 1 cup of all bran all day for weeks and months on end

goddamn the people here are stupid
>>
>>37055996
Whats wrong with eating a bunch of chicken? I don't think I'll get protein poisoning since I drink chocolate milk with it every morning.
>>
>>37055870
A slight deficit will make you lose more fat in the long run than starvation. Remember that muscle is literally metabolism. If you're 1000+ under TDEE for months on end your muscle will experience severe atrophy and kill your metabolism.

I know you want to lose it all today, but do it smart. If anything, just add another 1000 cal a day of veg/fruit.

You'll get there, just don't set yourself up for disaster.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.