[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My problem with sit-ups
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: butt hurt.jpg (31 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
butt hurt.jpg
31 KB, 636x358
So, whenever I do my routine, I have to do 20 sit-ups. Thing is, when I do them, my butt crack starts to hurt like hell. When I'm finished and go to the shower, it starts to hurt a lot and then I find out that the top of my butt crack all bruised. What do I do?
>>
Don't do sit ups. If you're prone to pain around that region while doing them, you could also break the skin and have it get incredibly infected. There's a term for it, I can't remember what it is,but you essentially have to get your butt chopped off anon.

Pretty much do anything else besides sit-ups.
>>
>>37030228
Pilonidal cyst
>>
>>37030228
It's called Spartan's Ass. The Spartans used to get it a lot because they were so into calisthenics.
>>
>>37030263
Got nothing on Spartan's Ass on Google, and the other anon's claim of Pilonidal cyst is not very encouraging.

I also have to say I inherited my mother's ass, so it has quite the size. I do not know if it factors in anyway to this though.
>>
>>37030301
What about mcgil sit-ups?
>>
>>37030375
Just looked it up. Kinda looks dumb, does it work?
>>
>>37030194
Psoas. Stretch and strengthen it. It was the cause of all my lower back problems
>>
>>37030194
You are putting too much weight on your tailbone. If you continue to do this, an extremely painful cyst will form, requiring surgery to remove.
>>
>>37030918
>>37030939
Thanks guys
>>
When I first started ages ago I had that problem so I would spackle the top of my crack beforehand with aquaphor (I'm guessing Vaseline would work too, I just had aquaphor on hand) and it never happened again. I don't need it now, but it helped when I started.
>>
File: breeeh.jpg (37 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
breeeh.jpg
37 KB, 600x600
This used to happen to me.

Here is how i fixed it:

Focus on contracting your lower abs during the whole situp instead of your upper to middle abs. It feels different and is harder to do, but it takes the pressure off the top part of your butt. Think of keeping your back straight while doing the situp, focus on the form.
>>
>>37030194
Dont do situps. I used to have the same problem and just tried to ignore the pain and bruising. It will lead to infection of the ass which I can tell you from first hand experience is fucking painful shit
>>
>>37030194
Here's what you do

>get in the position of your normal situp
>do one situp
>realize you're doing a pointless exercise that will only give you a cyst that leaves a hole in your body for weeks.
>drive to the store and buy a cheap ab wheel
>now you can do a much better ab and full body exercise without a giant hole above your asscrack
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.