[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I pulled a tendon in my shoulder, when is it safe to train again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 1454354501723.jpg (163 KB, 574x471) Image search: [Google]
1454354501723.jpg
163 KB, 574x471
I pulled a tendon in my shoulder, when is it safe to train again?

It hurt a lot to move the shoulder in any direction when I first hurt it, but now it only hurts when I try to stretch it.
>>
>>36843918
Bumping because I have the same problem
>>
>>36843918

it's safe to train when its no longer in pain
>>
>>36844560

No pain at all, or is mild pain okay?

I'm really anxious to get back to it, but not if it means I'll be out for weeks after injuring it more.
>>
>>36844885
>tendon

are you sure it's not your labrum

have you been diagnosed?
>>
>>36844935

I haven't seen a doctor. I've been using information about anatomy that I've found online.
>>
If there is a possibility of reinjury then stay out. I have a fucked up shoulder and lower back from training while injured. You'll feel worse if you end up out for months
>>
>>36845446
>america: the post
>>
>>36845538

You go to the doctor for every ache and pain?
>>
>>36845567
if you have to ask random people on the internet whether it's safe to use or not you should be asking a doctor

if the thought doesn't cross your mind and it's just an ache then forget about it and do what feels right
>>
>>36845585

Fair point.

What can I do in the meantime other than rest?
>>
>>36843918
>but now it only hurts when I try to stretch it

Same boat here. Been like this for 2 years. Always hurts on days that I work shoulders.

I think the hurting when stretching it/working it is the most recovered you'll ever get. Unless you take half a year off which none of us will ever do.
>>
>>36845791
elastics are great for shoulder strengthening/mobility

look up some p.t. routines
>>
>>36845833
that honestly sounds like a labrum/SLAP tear

you also might have tore your labrum and now have arthritis or impingement in your socket or labrum
>>
You need to increase proton consumption
>>
>>36843918
Was in the same boat
Went to the doc he said give it 2 months rest if it's not better by then go to a physio

Currently doing physio and almost back to full range of movement with no pain
>>
>>36845854
You sound more knowledgeable than me.

It makes an audible pop noise and a..'popping' movement slightly to the side and back again when I raise my arm straight up in front of me to shoulder height. It makes the pop and then I can continue to move the arm above shoulder height.

Doesn't seem to cause any problems though so I figured after 2 years it just wasn't gonna heal anymore
>>
http://breakingmuscle.com/strength-conditioning/how-to-self-diagnose-your-shoulder-pain
>>
>>36845907
yup, that's your labrum

it sounds like you might have scar tissue in there

if it's still giving you pain, then it might not have ever fully healed (it can take a year because it has basically no blood supply)

if you have insurance it would be worthwhile to get an MRI, which will give you a definitive answer without much hassle
>>
>>36845955
Yeah thanks man. I did the tests on the link >>36845930 posted. Definitely seems like thats what it is so thanks man. Surprisingly I have the same thing on my other shoulder except without the pain and the pop sound isn't as loud lol.

Fuuuark I thought it was just a clicky bone or something unimportant. Too bad when I went to the doctors before when it was much worse they just gave me iboprofen and said to rest it lol.

Thanks knowledgeable brahs.
>>
>>36846003
>tfw I just had flashbacks to this morning at 8am when I fought through the pain doing heavy lateral and front raises after already failing on OHP from the pain :(.. I feel dumb now, I've probably been destroying my shoulders into oblivion lol
>>
>>36845854

You may be right, but after researching my symptoms, they all seem to be pointing to tendonitis.

Shoulders are tricky though--there's a lot going on in there.
>>
>>36846065
There is a lot going on and they can be delicate. Imo always go to a doctor or sports physio for shoulder pain of any kind
>>
>>36845854

I also have discomfort down my bicep and forearm. Doesn't really hurt, just feel odd, like it needs to be stretched.
>>
>>36846059
jesus fucking christ, you will not be lifting into your 30's if you continue doing what youre doing.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.