[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is My Fitness Pal good to help me lose my obese weight /fit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
Is My Fitness Pal good to help me lose my obese weight /fit/?
>>
>>36810493

Holy fuck some of these fitness and calorie counting apps are annoying as fuck.

>le make an account
>le give us all your personal information
>le whats your mothers maiden name

like holy shit I just want to count my calories today
>>
Yes.
>>
If you actually use it and log everything you put in your mouth correctly, yes.

Also, don't eat back your exercise calories. They overestimate that shit like crazy.
>>
yes if you actually log what you eat. don't lie to it or yourself fampai
>>
>>36810507
MFP didn't seem too invasive. If that's you're only gripe, you've got bigger issues to worry about with the entire Internet these days.
>>
>>36810493
It's good to give you a basic idea of how much you're eating, but their calorie counts for food and exercises aren't the most accurate.
>think I'm eating at a 500 cal defect
>work out 5-6 days a week
>stay at same weight for a month and a half
I'd use it to get a general idea of how much you need to eat, but I wouldn't take it as gospel.
>>
>>36810493
i use it and also have a withings wireless scale hooked up to it. all my weights are recorded online every time i step on the scale - if you track your calories properly you can find your actuall TDEE very quickly and make adjustments to lose weight at a steady pace.
>>
>>36810493
Been using it a few weeks, and I like it
>>36810552
maybe they over estimate for exercise, but I use the bar code scanner a lot and it pulls up the correct information every time I've used it
>>
>>36810576
It's accurate if you eat prepackaged meals, and you eat the exact amount they consider 1 serving, but if you cook, it can become difficult to work it out. Like if I'm making a stir-fry and I need to work out exactly what fraction of the vegetables, rice and chicken I'm actually eating, since there's always extra left in the wok after I'm done.

If you're eating a single 500 gram chicken breast and some seasoning, sure, that's easy enough.
>>
>>36810552
>>36810576
Estimating for exercise is retarded if your goal is weight loss.
But yeah, assuming you use barcodes it's pretty reliable, at that point you're depending on the provider, not the app.
I'll use restaurants' nutrition info too if it's available, but generally take that for a grain of salt, considering lazy food service workers, ingredient availability, etc.
>>
>>36810552
>>36810576
i use it and dont count any lifting i do as exercise, it really does overestimate how much you burn. however i have runkeeper linked up to it and its been very accurate so far - but only on distances done outdoors with real jogging.
>>
>>36810626
>>36810667
How badly does it overestimate? My struggle has always been with trying to gaini weight, not lose it. So I didn't think it too unusual that I had trouble eating what I was supposed to to gain weight.
>>
>>36810519

just don't log your exercise. Set your calorie goal and hit it.
>>
>>36810621

so its you who isnt accurate. not their database?
>>
>>36810493
It sucks
>download and install the app
>Please create an Account and sign in
No, fuck you.
>>
>>36810493
they just over complicate my day. i found that trying to type in literally every ingredient i eat was such a fucking nuisance. its way easier to just eat what you want, check the servings, and round up. this way you are always eating less than you think you are. ive lost 35lbs like this since early february
>>
depends, whats your fitness pals name? is it a he she? WE NEED MORE INFORMATION ON YOUR FRIEND, JERK.
>>
>>36814568
i thought you were only tripping on your own thread you fat fuck
>>
>>36814571
i shamefully am having too much fun with this
>>
>>36814605
just go back to /b/. we know its the first time you have visited this board. you got all hyped up thinking:

"yes. i can really make something of myself. if i lose all my weight and get in amazing shape, people on this board will know me. ill change my life and be 4chan famous."

but the sad part other than wanting to be famous on an amonolous korean bbq board is that you will get maybe 2 weeks into dieting and end up caving and getting even fatter than you were. then your trip will disappear forever and youll go back to /b/. so just save yourself the trouble, disable the trip, and stop being a fat cunt.
>>
>>36810621
ay bro, whats good to put in chicken stir fry? Like...I'm having trouble figuring any of my nutrition stuff that isnt Chicken breast, brown rice and brocolli
>>
>>36810493

Yeah, but it won't help your poor grammar.
>>
>>36810493
No. It's easier to make a spreadsheet.
Also if you're not weighing your food and checking all of its caloric contents you're not counting calories.
>>
>>36810507
1) make a fake "John Doe" account
2) connect with Orbot
3) ???
4) PROFIT!

>>36810493
It helps if you're trying to get a grip at effectively counting calories. After a while (when you'll be on right track) you'll be back at eyeballing shit

>>36814723
>It's easier to make a spreadsheet
Holy fuck, it's not.
>>
>>36814675
not that guy but here's a recipe i make all the time thats good af

bell pepper, onion, jalapeno (optional), pineapple, chicken thighs (cheaper and more delicious imho)

dice and slice all your veggies into sizes you desire. cube your chicken thighs. get a big pan hot on medium heat and throw some olive oil in it. toss in your onions, chicken, and some salt until the chicken is browned and the onions soften, then your other veggies. season it to your liking, i typically just do salt and pepper because theres so much going on it doesnt need anything. keep tossing it. once your vegetables get coated in the juices/oil throw in the pineapple and try to get them some contact with the pan for about a minute. toss all of that together, lower the heat, and throw the lid on it for like 10 minutes so it can steam. then eat it.

stir fry is easy because you can add so many vegetables: squashes, peas, carrots, corn, tomato, sweet potato, doesnt matter. just try different shit. my suggestion would be to not splurge on a fuck ton of veggies though unless you are going to use them. for instance if you buy eggplant for stirfry and use half, make sure you do something quickly with the other half or you just wasted 2.99/lb on what goes bad.
>>
>>36814969
cheers brutha, i can add like flax seed oil no biggie right?
>>
>>36810493
wait you minus the calories you burn?
i thought you work it out by scoobies calorie calculator?
im having a crisis
>>
>>36815085
yeah you can use whatever you want. i actually have been trying to stay away from oils all together because of the double deadly effect (raises bad cholesterol and lowers good cholesterol) so i cook most of my stuff in a small amount of butter or the fat from whatever meat im cooking. oil is mostly a preference thing but olive oil isnt a high heat oil. some people swear not to even cook with it. the adage goes "olive oil is for cooking with not cooking in." sorry i ramble.

tl;dr yes no biggie
>>
>>36810493
It's great for calorie counting in an easy way.
>>
>>36815304
if you used that then dont put in your exercises. just eat until you hit your number from scooby
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.