[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>listening to this guy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
>listening to this guy
>>
>>36795798
Eat
>>
>>36795798
A
>>
>>
calorie
>>
>>36795798
Dick
>>
I kinda like him, but a lot of his advice is retarded

>This is how you highbar squat
>Elbows should be pointed completely down
>Never let them point back
>Cuts to the side view
>His elbows are pointed all the way back as he squats down

wat
>>
Lol, that worked out better than I could've hoped. Thx senpai.
>>
Senpai?
>>
Notice me senpai!
>>
>>36795842

The purpose of having your elbows pointed down is mostly to help keep your torso vertical. If you don't have to do that and you can still keep your torso straight then it's not a problem.
>>
AT is literally the best fitness youtuber out there.
>>
>>36795972
he's a weak over-generalizing retard
>>
>>36795798
It took me a long time to realize that he might be a really strong guy, but he has no fucking clue what he's talking about.

>>36795842
he also does it with a borderline hyper extended back, a non strong person, your average normie, will fuck their lower back up doing that

Seriously, never ever listen to his advice.
>sumo doesn't build strength, if you actually wanna be strong you have to pull conventional!
he doesn't actually know what he's talking about, sumo vs conventional is about leverages for your individual body-shape.

He just assumes that what works for him will work for everybody else, which a lot of strong people who don't know what they are doing are like. and if you ever call him on his sub bro science tier advice the nuthuggers will scream you down because you don't lift as much as him

fucking hell, watching his "conventional" dead-lifting form and it's atrocious
>bad doesn't move in a straight line
>hyper extended back
>stance is wide
>arms aren't going straight down
>doesn't actually show him deadlifting a whole lot

Strength personalities on you-tube who show off "how to do this with correct form!" and use light weight just shit me. Yes, you can squat with perfect form with one plate, now show me you squatting your 5rep max. but even with light weight his form is awful, and he only gets away with it because he is very strong.
>>
>>36796022
he's not a really strong guy, he's not even strong for the amount of time he's been training.
>>
>>36796022

I literally cannot high bar squat or conventional deadlift.

I have to do sumo and low bar.

My socket just doesn't allow it. I have spent over a year doing ankle mobility work, lower back strengthening/mobilization work, and I've had a dozen or so competing powerlifters watch me and coach me, one of which was top 30 in the nation before he retired.

It wasn't until I had a guy at a powerlifting gym tell me that I was wasting my time with those two that I realized that morphology is just a fact of lifting.

None of the youtube gurus ever talk about morphology though, and you get a ton of noobs wasting their fucking time with lifts that they would have to spend years of mobility work to ever get to a decent spot.

Some people just cannot do conventional deadlifts properly
>>
His beard is gross. He doesn't have enough facial hair to properly grow one.
>>
>>36796080
>inb4 natty
>>
>>36796102

I'd argue that most people should at least try out working on mobility and stuff like that first before just going to a different form of the exercise. I'm not entirely sure, but I'd hazard a guess that cases like yours are rarer than just somebody who can't get into a third world squat properly and has bad posture.
>>
>>36796102
I've wasted some time on that too.
Fortunately not that much time because of Nuckols articles and some stuff I found on the web about morphology.

>>36796144
It's rarer, but it certainly happens, and more than people who advocate mobility shit make it out to be.
People should try out all different forms and techniques and just pick the ones they feel most comfortable with.
If mobility stuff works, then great, if it doesn't, no problem, just pick a different technique.
>>
>>36796102
I can high bar as long as i strech and so some mobility beforehand, but i can't conventional. seriously my limbs vs my torso make it impossible. and his highbar squatting is the worst i've ever seen
>>
>>36796205
>>36796102
the best advice i've ever heard was Bart Kwon, when hew said he tried sumo on a whim and it was fantastic, then he tried to learn it properly and couldn't do it when following people's advice. but then he tried ignoring the advice and dong what worked for him originally, and it was fantastic.

I dead-lift a very narrow sumo, basically a hybrid, because it works for me best.
>>
>>36796285
I'm suprised that people fight that video so great.
If you let go of the traditional notions that things have to be done a certain way, doing something like semi-sumo deadlifts can come easy.
>>
>>36796285

Max Chewning is a youtuber with that problem.

He can do a perfect form high bar and a six plate sumo deadlift.

His conventional form looks like shit and he said that he just cannot fix it not matter what he does. He only does conventional with a deficit now as an accessory on occasion.
>>
File: 1460035529436.png (180 KB, 399x376) Image search: [Google]
1460035529436.png
180 KB, 399x376
>everyone shitting on Alan when he outlifts everyone in this thread.
Stay small, faggots
>>
>>36796733
>Stay small
keep listening to that retard, and you definitely will
>>
>>36796763
Dyel confirmed
>>
>>36795798
what a magnificent specimen, truly, this is the perfect male physique; huge disproportionate lower to upper body size ratio, little fat arms, barely any chest, and a womanly ass
>>
>>36796829
kek
>>
>>36796763
>eat a shitload
>sleep a lot
>lift a lot

>staying small
dyel?
>>
File: 1456286436161.jpg (24 KB, 446x500) Image search: [Google]
1456286436161.jpg
24 KB, 446x500
>>36795798

>listening to a guy who looks dumb
>>
>>36795972
Too bad he's a fucking pathetic strong man athlete, he doesn't have a single solid lift, fucking silent mike is way stronger than him.
>>
File: u_wat.png (624 KB, 484x734) Image search: [Google]
u_wat.png
624 KB, 484x734
>not training untamed
>>
>>36796733
see

>>36796022
>if you ever call him on his sub bro science tier advice the nuthuggers will scream you down because you don't lift as much as him

fucking called it.
>>
>>36795798

He has some decent content, but he is more of a nb channel. Watch Mark bells channel for lifting advice.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.