[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
skinnyfat: bulk, cut or maintenance?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: 1442948652430.png (36 KB, 343x241) Image search: [Google]
1442948652430.png
36 KB, 343x241
something i don't get

i'm skinny but all of the fat seems to go to my stomach/lovehandles

i started lifting two weeks ago but i'm not sure about my diet. should i eat around 2500 calories or more or less?

if i eat more isn't my stomach only going to get bigger?

pls response
>>
Just bulk and do a decent program. Do core work and have good posture -- that'll lessen the belly.

>if I eat to gain weight, will I gain weight?

Yes. You will gain fat and muscle. But when you cut you'll look decent. I assume you look shit now, so stop worrying about looking shit in the short term. Just don't bulk like a maniac, get enough protein, and actually fucking lift.
>>
It might be at least partially to do with your posture. I had a really bad anterior pelvic tilt which fooled me into thinking I had quite a large stomach. So maybe work on fixing that.

If you eat maintenance with a decent amount of protein you should be able to slowly recomp. Even if you just clean bulk you shouldn't put on too much extra fat.

If you cut you're not gonna gain any muscle so you'll end up looking worse than you do now.

Post pic
>>
>>36790791
Im cutting and eating a lot of protein and almost 0 fat. I looked like shit but now I start to look decent. Im lifting regulary and doing a lot of cardio. Im loosing weight, but I noticed my muscles are getting bigger and Im loosing mostly fat. Mybe I just heve good genes or I'm working out really well. I have very strict diet and go to gym 3 times a week + running 2 times a week.
>>
>>36790843
>and almost 0 fat

Don't do this.
>>
>>36790843
Noob gains.

When your lifts start to stall, increase intake to 500 above maintenance and cut when you start to look like shit again.

Rinse and repeat for eternity.
>>
File: 20160415_152805.jpg (919 KB, 1936x1936) Image search: [Google]
20160415_152805.jpg
919 KB, 1936x1936
>>36790837
How did you fix? I think that's what I have.
>>
>>36790994
Stretches and ab and glute work. It's hard to tell from that photo but your posture doesn't look bad. Might be worth googling correct posture and comparing yourself to that if you dont have any more photos.

But mate you don't even look bad. Just bulk already.
>>
>>36791331
>>36790994
Agreed he doesn't even look bad. Mine is worse and I've been lifting 2 years, desperately trying to cut atm.
>>
>>36791331
Yeah. dude looks fine. If there are abs under there, he'll see them at single digit BF%. If he isn't too concerned about dat swimmer look, it's time to star bulking.
>>
File: 20160415_183003.jpg (1 MB, 1936x1936) Image search: [Google]
20160415_183003.jpg
1 MB, 1936x1936
>>36791331
>>36791358
>>36791392
It's mostly a good angle. This is unbiased angle.

I'm not bulking yet. I want to get rid of the last bit of chub before trying to gain weight. I eat at 1500-1800 cals a dday and go to the gym 4-5 times a week.
>>
File: 20160415_183253.jpg (982 KB, 1936x916) Image search: [Google]
20160415_183253.jpg
982 KB, 1936x916
This was me last month.
>>
File: Hold Fast.jpg (40 KB, 736x299) Image search: [Google]
Hold Fast.jpg
40 KB, 736x299
>>36791421
Then stay the course. You're doing fine.
>>
>>36790791
You can do either OP, both have pros and cons.

Bulking:

Pros
>eat whatever the fuck you want.
>make size and strength gains.

Cons
>you won't look good shirtless.

Cutting

Pros
>look good shirtless with just a few gains.
>you will be set for a future bulk without getting too fat.

Cons
>strenght and size gains will be hard to achieve
>dieting.
>>
>>36790994
>>36791421
Nigga that looks just fine, I think you have never seen a skinny fat in your life or you're just fishing for compliments.
>>
>>36791442
Thanks famalam. Will do. I think I'll reach single digit bodyfat in 1-2 months. Then I'll start going on a 300 cal surplus diet and slowly build muscle.
>>
>>36790874
well basically I eat bit more when I feel rly hungry. I assume my muscles are growing and need more shit. Mostly I try to listen to my organism
>>
File: 1450463471846.png (221 KB, 349x320) Image search: [Google]
1450463471846.png
221 KB, 349x320
>>36791454
>eat whatever the fuck you want.
>make size and strength gains.

mfw when people believe this shit.
>>
>>36791468
>fishing for complements when I clearly have a tilt and chub on a board where most people look like olympian statues.
>with my body
>>
>>36791476
It's true though, if you're talking about health that's another thing.
>>
>>36791472
Your body lies.
It wants to store fat.
You will lose strength while cutting after your noob gains. it's just part of the life.

Eating a bit more is fine as long as it's the right food and you remain under your TDEE. just remember that every calorie consumed equates directly to a longer cut.

Then, feeling good is also important. If you eat too far under your TDEE, you will feel like shit, and it will affect your workouts. That's why most people will recommend eating 500 calories under TDEE. If you burn an extra 1000 calories one day (unlikely) eat 1000 more than usual. TDEE is not the same as BMR. It's a moving target.
>>
>>36791527
No, it's not. You still have to ensure your body has the essential components it needs to build muscle. That means at the very least getting enough protein. If you fuck around scarfing cake all day, you won't store anything but fat. If the body can't put the energy into growth, it puts it into stores.
>>
>>36791421
Your hips could possibly do with being ever so slightly rotated back but definitely nothing major.

If you're just going to cut regardless of what we say, why did you make a thread asking what to do?
>>
>>36791556
Not him but why can you autists never understand hyperbole?

>eat anything you want
obviously does not mean someone's going to eat cake for every meal. No one would do that. If youre eating a lot, chances are you're getting at least a decent amount of protein and you will build muscle. You'll gain more fat that if you were to clean bulk, sure, but it's not totally useless like you're saying.

Also I'm not sure if you were implying this (I think you were) but dietary fat does not mean body fat.
>>
>>36791627
You and I both get htperbole. But I've seen too many fuckers gorge themselves on pasta all day because "lulz Bulkan" and then they bitch that they lost everything during their cut. Bullshit. You didn't lose those gains, you never made them. Your weights went up a bit as your fat mass reinforced the muscle. You've behaved like an amateur powerlifter, and you got exactly what was coming to you.

And no, not at all what I was implying. Simply that calories that come in without adequate protein have to go somewhere. you're not shitting them out, and they can't become muscle, so they become fat.
>>
>>36790843
don't fuck up now don't go 0 fats nigga your hormones gonna get fucked up.
>>
>>36791572
I didn't make this thread. I just asked what I could do about my pelvic tilt.
>>
>>36790848
Eat fat, cut carbs.
>>
>>36791915
This. The fat is terrible thing was blown way out of proportion for over a decade and we're just now understanding how stupid it was.

It doesn't mean you should be pounding down nothing but fat. We have to realize that fat is much more calorie dense, and thus less filling. It's very easy to fuck up your calorie intake with fats. 0 carb is bullshit too. Balance in all things. I'm making my protein requirements on 35% protein, 25% carbs and 40% fats now. The gains are great, and my cardio is better than ever.

Captcha: select the pies.

ffs. can't the make something that isn't for tumblerinas? Fit people get triggered too.
>>
>>36790848
Yes don't do this. High protein, moderate carb, low fat is proven as an effective method to lose weight while preserving muscle. Obviously you shouldn't do this.
>>
>>36994234
feel your feeIs here: tfwhen.com
>>
>>36791435

That butt tho. Post more in those undies
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.