[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>stalling on every compound >do everything outside the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (303 KB, 540x2955) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
303 KB, 540x2955
>stalling on every compound
>do everything outside the gym right (diet, sleep)
>doing 3x5 or 5x5 with accessories
>getting adequate rest
>have been stalling for a couple weeks
>not even at 1/2/3/4

Wtf I just want to get to 1/2/3/4 why the fuck am I stalling???? I was told to do 3x5 or 5x5 until I reach 1/2/3/4

What do?
>>
Check strength standards

For one, 1/2/3/4 is very imbalanced. For two, 1/2/3/4 is reachable on linear progression depending on the lifter.

A 100kg Bench by a guy who weighs 65kg is more impressive than a guy who weighs 100kg.
>>
>For one, 1/2/3/4 is very imbalanced
what'would be balanced then?
>>
>>36789730
if you stall on 5x5 I'd recommend switiching to texas method.

also everything >>36789756 said is true.
>>
>>36789766
As a goal?

What's your weight and age?
>>
you're probably not eating enough. to get good results on a novice linear progression you need to add significant amounts of muscle mass in the process, and that requires a significant amount of calories.
>>
Put your stats into here

If you're at or around intermediate, you're fine

http://symmetricstrength.com/
>>
>>36789730
>1/2/3/4 is le easy meme
it's not easy
the people who hit that in a year are already in good shape or at least not shit shape like most people are these days
>>
>>36789730
what's your diet look like m8?
>>
File: Not Curls Bro.png (386 KB, 788x757) Image search: [Google]
Not Curls Bro.png
386 KB, 788x757
>>36789868
>Tfw not a curl bro
>>
>>36790686
You're "intermediate". The whole point of begginer's programs is to get you to intermediate.

Go with your body and progress, not with what some guys on 4chan say.

You also don't have to do SS till you reach 1/2/3/4. You could always switch to Texas Method - even if you do swith to an intermediate program a bit earlier than you wanted, it's not like you'll make no progress because you didn't squeeze out the last few kilos of linear gains.
>>
>>36789730
Despite what /fit/ tells you, most people don't reach 1/2/3/4 in a year, even less with linear progression. It's time to switch to an intermediate routine.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.