[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Counting calories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: rl8sRXM.jpg (86 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
rl8sRXM.jpg
86 KB, 453x604
Going to start this soon.

Will go out and buy:
>scale
>measurment cups/spoons
>tupperware and shit

Will be using my fitness pal calorie counter. Is this a good app?

Any tips or advice regarding counting my calories and shit?
>>
>>36758253
Would do anything for an Arab gf lads
>>
Don't start soon, start now. The biggest thing with counting calories is making it a habit. After 2+ weeks it'll become natural. Eventually you'll develop new eating habits and the weight will come/go on its own. The biggest thing is starting it with consistency.

Also, don't lie to yourself with calories, you're only gonna fuck yourself over further
>>
http://strawpoll.me/7358315

Curious
>>
>>36758268
move to arab country and rape one, her family won't want her around anymore and will either force you to marry or kill her
>>
>>36758311
Thanks for reply, will be going out tomorrow for grocery shopping and shit.

Finally got a job so i can buy my own food

I'm 19 years old, don't think I've ever had a propper diet in my life want to make a lifestyle change
>>
File: food.png (25 KB, 744x549) Image search: [Google]
food.png
25 KB, 744x549
>>36758253
just use a dedicated calculator on your phone

MFP makes you pay to manaually add calories
>>
I do my fitness pal, food scale, etc. Very nice consistent progress
>>
>>36758311
This. I don't do it anymore but when I did it for a couple weeks I would be able to guesstimate about how many calories I was eating without entering it. It's also good for learning portion control. Like the guy said, it makes good eating habits.
>>
>>36758426

>9 cans

C'MON
>>
So is it better to prepare meals for work/school day before or can I make them all at once?

I see a lot of people doing weeks worth of food, doesn't it dry out and shit?
>>
>>36758489
do enough for about a week

sundays are usually a good day
>>
File: mfw im gay black man.jpg (42 KB, 379x393) Image search: [Google]
mfw im gay black man.jpg
42 KB, 379x393
>>36758426
Th-that's a lot of ravioli
>>
>>36758489

It really depends on what you're doing. Are you cutting? Trying to stay at maintenance? Bulking?
>>
>>36758253
Just weigh everything remember to zero out the bowl or w/e you put it in and record and zero out everything you add to your bowl/plate
>>
File: rich-piana-funny.jpg (30 KB, 659x483) Image search: [Google]
rich-piana-funny.jpg
30 KB, 659x483
>>36758426
>>
File: Image 696 696.png (92 KB, 248x278) Image search: [Google]
Image 696 696.png
92 KB, 248x278
>>36758535
>>
>>36758426
This has to be a joke... right?
>>
>>36758561

>not eating 9 cans a day
>making it

pick one
>>
>>36758561
how is it living with humanity?
>>
File: image.png (392 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
392 KB, 640x1136
I just keep track of my calories/protein and whatnot on my phone's note app.

Today as example.
>>
>>36758253
My retarded tips that work for me, if your cutting
>count with a notepad and pen or in head, doesn't really matter
>start day with 30g oats, 30g protein powder mixed
>second meal is 4 boiled eggs
>It's now 4pm and I have 7000kj to go, it's pretty neat.
>>
I have been doing what you are about to do and have achieved my goals. Go for it
>>
>>36758253
that picture is so hot
>>
If you're finding it tiresome, make it easy on yourself and eat the same things often.
>>
What do you make when meal prepping?

How does this sound :
>some sort of rice or potatoes
>frozen or fresh veggies
>chicken or beef or tuna
>>
MFP is a great app OP

here's what I've been doing for meal prepping

breakfast
>oats, chia seeds, almonds, cinnamon, raisins, protein powder, soaked overnight in Greek yogurt and milk
lunch
>baked chicken or salmon
>mashed sweet potatoes
>steamed broccoli and green beans
I can buy it all in bulk and get a month's worth at a time so price is fine, plus it gives me some flexibility with dinner (end up having 500-700 kcal depending on how much cardio I do that day)

the key is to work your way into it patiently. work on developing one good habit at a time. if you try to go balls to the wall right off the bat you'll get overwhelmed, get discouraged, and fail. so take it slow, do your research, and don't be a retard
>>
>>36758397
Flame on, little candle
>>
>>36758426
I'm the only one who noticed this was Ricky from tpb
>>
>>36758847
>I just keep track of my calories/protein and whatnot on my phone's note app.
>Today as example.
Spreadsheet is easier, literally set up the spreadsheet so that when you type in the grams for said standard food (milk, bread, chicken etc.) It automatically calculates macros and calories and then you add in anything which isn't standard e.g. chocolate bar or what not. Works really well and is quite easy to stick to. Especially if you eat somewhat the same things each day.
>>
>>36759368
Standard bro diet, nothing wrong with that.

Been adding pork tenderloin to my diet lately, has similar macros to chicken breast and where I am so much cheaper.
>>
>>36758253
What's the point of wearing the headscarf at this point?
>>
Who /pen&paper/ here?
>>
>>36759496
apparently
>>
>>36758253
No tips.
Just dont lie to yourself and dont go over.
Shit helped me lose 80lbs
>>
>>36758393
they'll try to kill the rapist and merely marry her off to a low-tier suitor afterwards you dumbass infidel
>>
>>36758847
Wtf
Supplements have calories?
>>
>>36759560
The entire picture is a contrived statement.
>>
File: navneet-kaur-dhillon-31-m.jpg (99 KB, 650x750) Image search: [Google]
navneet-kaur-dhillon-31-m.jpg
99 KB, 650x750
>>36758268
I grew up around a lot of arabs and indians, and it's secretly a fetish of mine.
Unfortunately the only one I know at the moment is my mate's sister, and at the wrong angle she looks like him in drag, so that's a no-go.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.