[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wake up in the morning at 6:30 >eat a big pound of oats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 384x384
>wake up in the morning at 6:30
>eat a big pound of oats
>think about what il going to talk to with the people in my class
>do a workout all around to get a pump to look my absolute best
>take a long and instensive shower to make sure I'm clean with expensive shampoo/conditioner
>spend a quarter of an hour fixing my hair
>wear my best clothes which I bought recently
>go to class at 1
>nobody talks to me
>girls makeout with their ugly DYEL boyfriends
>go inside the auditorium
>I sit in the front row vid autism
>nobody sits near me for 3 entire rows
>leave class after 40 minutes and go to the toilets where I start bawling

I try so hard /fit/. Where do I go wrong? No friends and no qt gf. I'm at the end of the rope and I'm not sure what else to do anymore.

Pls help.
>>
start the conversation. sorry if bad englando
>>
>>36638807
>>nobody talks to me
How about YOU talk with THEM
>>
Make normal friends, and the gf will come naturally. That's only if you can deadlift at least 4pl8 tho.
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 600x901) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 600x901
>>
>>36638807
Lifting won't curing your autism. Also >>36638829

People don't tend you usually flock to you, you have to take some sort of initiative.
>>
File: post.jpg (260 KB, 774x1200) Image search: [Google]
post.jpg
260 KB, 774x1200
Say a serenity prayer brother, you are really lost right now.
>>
>>36638824
>>36638829
>>36638850

I'm an autist who has no idea in how to talk to people at all.
>inb4 you were meant to learn in school
I didn't.

And not to mention I'm ugly as well. And no, not /fit/ memes of ugly which means anyone who isn't a 10/10. I'm genuinely ugly so i can't.
>>
>>36638807

Elliot is that you? You pugly son of a bitch. How you been?
>>
>>36638914
join a martial art
>>
i am just stating facts here and not gloating.

I have been in a modeling agency since I was 18, and I'm just under 182cm so technically shouldnt even have been allowed. when I was 18, I was thin. about 69kgs, but I was already very good looking. I am 23 now, lifting for 4 and a half years. I am in my final year of university. I am still modelling but in a different agency. and you know fucking what?

nobody has ever spoken to me at University unless I spoke to them first. When I have spoken, people take a liking to me, whether it is because I'm nice or good looking depends on if they're male or female.

sorry dude, but this is the harsh truth. no matterhow handsome you are, no matter how big or aesthetic, you have to talk to people.
>>
>>36638914
force yourself to talk to people, talk about anything. laugh at yourself, if you say something stupid or silly realize it's not a big deal and the person probably wont even remember it tomorrow. And anyone who treats you poorly because of your looks isn't worth talking to.
>>
File: SOFLETE Raider Week.jpg (354 KB, 836x1640) Image search: [Google]
SOFLETE Raider Week.jpg
354 KB, 836x1640
>>I try so hard
There's your problem.

pic unrelated
>>
I'd recommend joining a club or recreational sport, also just try going up and saying hi to people, I've noticed that alot of people are wanting to talk but they don't have the courage to start a conversation
>>
>>36638807
post face and/or body

we need to know what you're working with opie
>>
>>36638942
I am attractive too

It almost seems like people are intimidated by me. No matter how autistic/ stupid I think I act like, people think I'm cool and mysterious or spill their spaghetti too.
>>
File: 1357162503673.gif (1 MB, 487x306) Image search: [Google]
1357162503673.gif
1 MB, 487x306
>>36638914
I'm >>36638829
and I am a recovering autist. I am nearly 21 and I spent over 150 hours a week in my parent's home until I was about 18.5 and I had to start from scratch socially. I was starting as a NEET with no social skills, no friends and no sense of community.

I'm telling you from experience. I didn't learn in school either, because I was homeschooled in high school and very socially isolated when I was actually in public school.

Make some goals. Use the SMART method of making goals: http://topachievement.com/smart.html

Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Realistic
Timely

Start out making these goals to be as simple as greeting strangers when you're out. At first I made myself greet X amount of strangers every day, with a smile. You can do other things too but that is how I got started, because if you seem like a friendly person then people are more likely to be receptive towards you. You'll have to figure out where you would want to go from there.

Besides social goals, be sure you are actively engaging in activities and interests that you are excited about but that you can ALSO use to share stories and experiences with others. Anything that could be considered personal growth is good too. This could be sports, hobbies in which you make things, charity work, whatever.

Also, don't be focused on the "girls with their ugly DYEL boyfriends." Why are you /fit/? Surely it's not for the girls or else you would have one! You're /fit/ for yourself.

I would additionally suggest focusing on finding community and building camaraderie before focusing on finding a girl, but what do I know. I've held hands with one girl and kissed never.
>>
>>36639059
This, I lost my license recently and for about 2 months made very little effort into meeting new people apart from working at my local pub.

On a whim I decided to start training with my local footy team and eventually was playing matches with them after a few months, made some awesome new mates whilst also being /fit/ as fuck.

The womens come with it as they follow sports like flies to shit.
>>
>>36638838
they changed the meme to 5plate after 4plate got too easy to achieve
>>
>>36638942
>>36639092

if you guys are talking about uni, keep in mind uni is a swirling crowd of like 10,000+ people. unless you go to a school where its small enough to develop its own internal community, most of the time, people will already "have" friends, or go to a party to satisfy their social needs. class time is for staring at your macbook and texting. or studying in the library. daytime is business. even if you're above average, you blend in with everybody else. everybody is busy and moving. you have a class with somebody and never see them again.

that's how uni is.

of course, you could always get facebook. that's helpful
>>
>>36638933
Can I not talk about my problems without people mocking me. I legit feel like ok gonna snap soon.

>>36638942
When I have spoken, people take a liking to me, whether it is because I'm good looking depends on if they're male or female.

It's cos you're good looking and people want to get in your good books. Try living the ugly life m8.

>>36639126
I go to a somewhat small uni with about literally 20 students in my class and 70-80 in my lecture.

>>36639103
How long dud it take you man?
>>
>>36638914
Learning to talk comes from your environment. A lot of guys are fucking autistic because none of us had really good environments that taught us proper stimulating conversation.

Some things I did to break out of my introverted shell was learn to ask questions: feelings and opinions.

ask feeling/opinion
>Hey you're in X class right? What do you think about our prof/ material?
bam ice breaker right there.

response (general statement/question to elicit more conversation)
>Oh really? I always get this sense that he doesn't care etc.

I always try to say witty shit because humor is key to making people like you. developing wit is an interesting thing, because it's also a muscle that needs to be trained but it requires a lot of stretching the imagination and grabbing referential ideas.

I suggest going to improv classes to get into it.

another thing is to be an interesting person. most people are so despicably stale and uninteresting. but those few who have a wide array of interests/knowledge/opinions are on the whole much more braintickling and that makes me more interested in them.
>>
>>36639169
How long did it take me for what?

My first foray into the real world was early summer, maybe late spring of 2014. That is when I got a membership at the local YMCA. desu I used the staff to practice because they were all nice friendly southern christian folk. They were always more than willing to just talk for a bit and it was my only real social interaction for a few months there.

Fall 2014 I enrolled at the local community college. In one of my classes was a girl who told me she liked my band shirt. Later I struck up a conversation with her because we exchanged glances during the lecture. Teacher was super liberal and I could tell the girl did not like it either. We talked for like 3 hours on campus before parting ways but we decided to hang out that weekend and I met her family when I took her home. I currently talk with her father more often than I do to her.

Through this girl I got involved in Scouting again. There's a branch of scouting that is co-ed and ages 15-21. I've made sure to meet with this scout group every single week whenever possible, and go on outings with them whenever possible, in order to build connections and relationships with those in the group that I like. An important thing that I learned is that you need to NOT say NO to something just because you aren't enthused by it. If it is something you are able to afford, and all you're missing out on is sitting at home doing nerd shit, then there's no reason to say no to a hiking, camping, skiing, shooting, hunting, whatever kind of trip.

Through this scout group I have even gotten involved in charity work through one of the older men in the group. It has taught me that even if you may not be gaining something specific by being around certain people or doing certain things, it opens up new opportunities to you when you engage with these people and these activities. A big thing is that when you do get along with people, try to get with them in different context.

I'm still recovering.
>>
>>36639103
>Why are you /fit/? Surely it's not for the girls or else you would have one

Does this mean if I try really hard at something and fail, I was really doing it for an other reason all along?
>>
>>36638807
Honestly the answer is counterintuitive as fuck.

>stop caring. Stop trying so hard.

Even ugly cunts pull babes if their demeanor is right. Posture up, smile, and do YOUR thing.

People can tell when you try too hard. Don't try at all. Just be you.
>>
>>36638914
If you are ugly yourself, why did you even mention that the girls are makin out with their "ugly" bf
>>
>>36638900
What's up with this guys peenor?
>>
>>36638807
>eat a big pound of oats
How large is a "small pound"?
>>
>>36639292
man I fuckning wish people would invite me to do fun shit

whenever I try to invite people, they always say that they dont have money (which is totally an understandable reason since we're in college)

My family is upper middle class and my parents are at the age where they throw money at everything so I'd be able to do a bunch of shit if I had people to do it with :/
>>
>>36639628
invite people to chill and do nothin. like go down to a fucking pier or a river or some shit, get some beers and drink and throw rocks or something. that is of course assuming u got a car and u can drive
>>
>>36639666
b-but satan-kun what am I supposed to ask them?

just "hey wanna hang out?" or should I be more specific?

I have a car, but I can't legally drink yet
>>
>>36639687
"oi what're you doing let's chill" "wanna shoot the shit"

i'm sure u can find weed. i dunno u don't have to even drink. be like yo i never been this far, lets go adventure this fucking place.
>>
File: image.gif (510 KB, 700x827) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
510 KB, 700x827
>Ended it with GF yesterday
>we share a friend group
>said group does social drinking and shit once a week
>which is today
>take a dick ton of my codeine I have for old injury so I'll just be all euphoric and relaxed
>have a few drinks with friends
>relaxed, having a good time
>qt offers to buy me a drink
>feelsgoodman
>end up feeling on top of the world
>about to enter room where we hang and kick the shit
>I see old GF's hair and back of head though door
>start shaking
>end up not being able to even enter the room, feeling everything at once
>everything she told me, all the times she said how happy I made her
>I quickly start making my way home
>as I'm leaving a few bros see me and want to give me a hug and say bye
>they say how much I mean to them
>these are people I met though her and yet they came out to say bye to me
>almost break down crying on the spot

Fuck me fit, I just don't know what to do. I thought I could see her. I ended so many relationships and I never felt much. Why am I crying? Why does this girl mean something? I've had longer relationships with other girls. I've done more things with other girls. I've done more romantic shit with other girls. WHY MUST this one girl strike me so hard? Why can't I forget her and just not feel these feels?
>>
>>36638807
>I try so hard
AND GOT SO FAR
>>
>>36638807
trying too hard faggot

>get out of bed 30 minutes before lecture
>have a shower to wake me up
>chuck on tracksuit and hoodie because fuck getting changed at the gym
>eat some fruit on the walk to campus
>get to lecture on time or 5 minutes late
>give off an aura of not giving a fuck, because i genuinely don't give a fuck, i barely learn anything in lectures anyway
>still get plenty of attention from girls

and i'm not even that attractive, maybe 7/10 on a good day. girls can tell if you're trying too hard.
>>
>>36638807
why would you sit in the front row you retard?

just sit in the middle and force random strangers to sit next to you
>>
File: 1454430733919.gif (2 MB, 417x584) Image search: [Google]
1454430733919.gif
2 MB, 417x584
Regarding talking to people, it is true. I am a grill and very shy so I never spoke to people and they didn't speak to me. Then one of the guys who talks to anyone sat by me and we became friends. So when I spoke to him he brought more people into the conversation.
After a few months of me being all alone these people suddenly started saying hi to me, making conversation... And why? Because I actually spoke to them, even if it was a little.
I thought that as a girl I don't have to approach anyone but it didn't work because people just thought I was stuck up. So for you as a guy this is double true. You start little by little, maybe asking some questions about the subject and making some jokes and laughing.
Anyway, good luck, I believe in you.

P.S

If you absolutely can't do it then find a way to get drunk with some people and you will 100% make friends but don't become an alcoholic k.
>>
Elliot Rodgers pls go
>>
>>36638807
maybe you look terrifying to people and you did not told what face expression you have?
if you are ripped and pissed people won't go near you
if you are ripped and the guy with the funny stories which makes everyone smile people will fight to sit next to you
>>
>>36640778
sauce on this?
>>
>>36640778
> And why? Because I actually spoke to them, even if it was a little.

What'd you say?

A girl smiled at me before the lecture but I didn't know what to go up and talk to her about desu.
>>
>>36640778
k
>>
>do intermittent fasting
>wake up
>take a shower
>eat something as usual
>30 minutes later realize that i fucked up
never gonna make it am i
>>
>>36639103
LOL SPERGS
>>
File: 1453716644285.gif (1 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1453716644285.gif
1 MB, 300x200
>>36640807
>if you are ripped and pissed people won't go near you
This. Fucking this. Practice smiling in the mirror if you have to, OP. Just don't be the class axe murderer. It takes forever to fix a first impression like that.
>>
>>36640778
Somebody answer me >>36640828
>>
>>36640498
Why did you end things?
>>
>>36640833
takes a while to break habits senpai
>>
>>36640498
You should probably let it all out mang
>>
I'm not gonna read through this whole r9k tier thread, but here's where I think you've gone wrong: You're not taking the initiative to talk to others. 9 out of 10 people are just as shy as you are and won't take it upon themselves to come to you. It doesn't mean that you're undesirable, it just means that they're insecure and afraid of rejection too. By sacking up and proving you're not afraid to reach out to others while also being a person who takes care of themselves, you're attractiveness increases tenfold. You have to prove that you're a decent, approachable person before people start coming to you, because the base human mentality is to assume hostility in strangers.

It doesn't matter if you stumble when you reach out to others. People are more forgiving socially than you might expect, you don't have to be superman. And on the offchance you actually do meet someone judgemental who doesn't accept you as you are or your invitation to camaraderie, they were never worth your time to begin with.
>>
>>36638807
because you have autism
>>
>>36638914
show us a picture and we will tell you what you can fix.
>>
>>36644054
That helps a lot. Thanks main.
>>
>>36644054
What should I say tho?
>>
>>36638807
Stop being ugly

be more masty

if girls don't talk to you, you're just ugly. Simple is that
>>
Mistakes
>giving up on day one
>Thinking all of the work you've done now is the only work that you'll have to do
>thinking your hard work entitles you to anything

Solutions
>push through
>pull yourself together
>grit and bear it
>be the one that makes connections, talks to people, and is the source of energy in a room

Here's a simple way to make it and keep making it.

Prerequisites
>Ability to make people laugh
>Some kind of hobby or intimate knowledge that is broad enough to apply to many scenarios

When I walk into a room I do a few different things.
>I assess the characters of people and find my two targets.
>I only target the guys (because those are the important ones to share camaraderie with).
Women observe your social effect and like that. Your skills with men will naturally carry over to them because they tend to be like "low level men" when it comes to banter and interaction
I introduce myself to anyone I don't know and use their name as many times as I can in conversation without being too weird.

After the stories get flowing and I know enough about the people I make my move.

I find the saddest and weakest cunt of the group (that still has potential) and give him a compliment (after observation). It's gotta be from the heart. None of that "nice shirt" shit. It's gotta be something you are qualified to give compliments in (a connoisseur of beer compliments his good tastes. A rock climber compliments a wide back, et al.)

After that I find the baddest and sickest cunt of the group and ask for advice or insight on something they are qualified in (politicians for policy, professors for current events, etc.).

It's entropy. You give your knowledge and encouragement to those that need it, and you absorb insight from those that have it-all while becoming an example of human growth.

Most people already do this naturally with more or fewer steps by different names. It's the basis of positive social interaction.
>>
>>36646732
You'd know
>>
Jesus man just stop being so desperate, live your life and friends will come.
>>
>>36648363
Im not...
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.