[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>foods high on the glycemic index, such as white bread, bagels,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
>foods high on the glycemic index, such as white bread, bagels, and rice, can increase the risk of lung cancer by 49%
>vegetarians are almost 40% more likely to suffer colorectal cancer
>Red meat, such as beef, lamb and pork has been classified as a probable cause of cancer.
>excessive fructose consumption, such as in an all-fruit diet, causes Pancreatic Cancer
>dairy increases risk of prostate and ovarian cancers

So what foods dont cause cancer? I keep seeing vegetarians on here comment how meat causes cancer, but what do you guys do to prevent all the other ones?

And how the fuck do they know which food causes cancer when everything does? Who the fuck was the control group?
>>
These are epidemiological studies. The control group is a large sample of the general population and variables are controlled through logistic regression models to find the association of the variable desired. You're right, everything causes cancer. We live so long on average that inevitably some cancer will form. Just don't worry about it and get /fit.
>>
>>36630641
but getting fit increases your risk of cancer
>>
File: model.jpg (10 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
model.jpg
10 KB, 300x225
>>36630641
> logistic models
>>
>>36630672
Lol
>>
File: 1455174569521.png (766 KB, 761x763) Image search: [Google]
1455174569521.png
766 KB, 761x763
>>36630672
the little things in life
>>
>>36630593
this idiot doesn't know that creatures that breath oxygen also have a chance of contracting any type of cancer. get checked out dude you might have cancer right now
>>
>>36630709
retard, you got that backwards
>Low oxygen levels could drive cancer growth

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/05/120503194219.htm

Never hold your breath if you dont want cancer. This basically confirms swimming is bad for you.
>>
>>36630593
certain foods and supplements can be tumor-suppressive, but you'd have to eat them quite a lot for a very long time (on the order of years) to get an appreciable effect

it's the usual suspects - leafy greens, healthy fats, etc.
>>
>>36630641
>through logistic regression models to find the association of the variable desired
This is one of the main reasons I have a hard time trusting most "science" out there.
>>
>>36630858
Probably because you have no idea how a logistic regression works brah. It's not magic. Just take a biostats class.
>>
>>36630896
>biology
>a hard science

>statistics
>a hard math

that literally combines the worst of 2 fields
>>
>>36631191
It's funny how uneducated people talk shit straight out of their ass about things they know very little about. That's /fit I guess.
>>
>>36630858

Read the studies and take well constructed ones as evidence, not proof. That's what they're supposed to be
>>
File: davi3.jpg (80 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
davi3.jpg
80 KB, 480x480
>>36630641
Mfw muscle growth is actually cancer
>>
>>36630593
49% increase of what? 20%, 0.1, 0.0000001?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.