[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 29
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 284x177
Warm-ups edition.

What are good SL warm-up sets for 110kg squat, 45kg ohp, 140kg deadlift?
>>
>>36580970
Ahh shit didn't see >>36567077 because of the spaces between the letters.
>>
>>36580970
Are soups with slices of pre-cooked meat usually used in sandwiches a good lunch that is good for cutting and cost effective?
>>
dont have a lot of protein left, waiting for my order to arrive on Monday so I'm trying to split it up. Best time to take it? Before or after a workout. I'm thinking before
>>
I'm not really a big meat eater, should have a protein shake every day?
>>
What does /fit/ think of a manlet with
Bench: 225x5
Squat: 275x5
Deadlift: 335x5
I'm currently 155lbs and lost 20 lbs since last year but I've never dieted before
>>
So I just failed my 130kg Deadlift. Not because of lower body strength, in fact I felt fine afterwards. But my grip slipped on the second rep. I'm already using mixed AND doing accessories for grip strength (static holds 3x30sex, currently at 32.5kg). Wtf else can I do? I don't wanna use straps at this bitch weight.
>>
I bought a bunch of whey and it tastes way too sweet (has splenda/sucralose mixed in). How do I cut it so it doesn't taste like ass?
>>
>>36583658
Just use more fluid retard
>>
>>36583656
you should invest in some hand chalk. it really does make a big difference.
>>
>>36583609
Half height doing half reps probably.

Does that mean you are doing quarter reps?
>>
>>36583672
i dunno if I can get that much semen
>>
>>36580970
> can do chin ups for 5 sets of 5 reps
> not sure how to progress
increase reps, sets, or weight (like with a dip belt)?
>>
Obese here. Is there any way to tell if my tits are just fat or gyno?
>>
buddy of mine wants me to start going to the gym with him. been going to my spot for like 3years, its not perfect but its not bad. So today...

>20 min drive there instead of 3 min
>place is a fitness19, tiny
>load up barbell for deadlifts, start warmup with 255
>lower bar gently
>BOOOOM
>try gently-er
>BOOOM
>almost obnoxiously gently set it down
>BOOM
>counter dude comes over "hey brah cant have you droppin the weight"
>after explaining I'm not dropping anything, suggests I "let it dangle" not quite touching ground between reps
>fuck this, guess I'm not deadlifting today

couple other irks too. buddy wants me to start doing some Dorian Yates crazy workout you probably need roids to make real gains on, telling me I wait too long between sets and that I need to do this and this different.

sigh. what do I do guys? I never work out with partners and I dont want to switch gyms to one I can't really DL at. I also dont want to pay for two gyms either.

fucks sake whys everything gotta be so difficult
>>
>>36580970
I know this is kinda lifting unrelated,but I lost a lot of weight and all of my shirts look like shit on me now. I got complimented on my body when I was wearing the only t-shirt I bought because I swore to myself that I will be able to fit into it.

Any magic tricks besides new clothes
>>
>>36583760
pic
>>
Is there any harm in training two days in a row as a natty noob? 7 months SL with accessories.

I don't like lifting on saturdays.
>>
>>36583656
And also, I just tried benching. I couldn't move the weight I did a week ago (77.5kg). I could barely move 70kg. What is this bullshit? I was just sick for one week and I lost like 3 weeks of gains? That's bullshit. I'm legitimately enraged right now and just quit my workout, hoping that it was just a terrible fucking day.
>>
>>36580970
I want to get flexible, is a couple of minutes stretching after my workout a good start?
>>
>>36583686
I would. But it's just my left hand and I don't even know why, and I want to increase my grip strength.
>>
File: 20160330_221115.jpg (592 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160330_221115.jpg
592 KB, 1920x1080
>>36583815
181cm / 123kg
>>
>>36583778
Just tell the retard to fuck off and keep lifting. Nothing complicated.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 251x251
According to my fitness pal I need...

2985 cal
~170g protein
~99g fat
~374g carbs

~107g sugar
~38g fiber
~300 mg Cholesterol
~2300 mg sodium

This seems literally impossible. Any nutritious bros out there?
>>
How should I go about adding accessories to SS? Want to add lat raises/pulldowns, chinups and maybe rows but not sure when should I do them. Thinking about doing lat stuff on days when I'm not doing OHP but really not sure about the rest. Where should I put rows and chinups and should I add something?
>>
>>36583872
that's gyno bud
>>
I asked in the old thread but got no answer
Will I lose much strength with a week or two away from lifting?
>>
>>36583931
You posted a thread earlier. Wtf is so hard about it
>>
/fit/ what TDEE calculator do you use?
I tried using scooby's but the thing is telling me to eat 3k calories in maint, that's way too much!
>>
>>36584034
you won't lose any strength,this meme needs to die
you might not be able to lift as much as you do now,but give it 1 workout and you're back to your old numbers
>>
>>36584057
They're all about the same.

Always select the lowest activity level. Everyone vastly overestimates the caloric impact of exercise and non-exercise activity.

Use the calculated TDEE as a guide. Track your weight and your lifts for at least a month and see if you need to adjust your eating habits to get the results you want.
>>
Anyone thoughts on this?http://www.cuttystrength.com/mass-monster-3-day-split/
>>
>>36584046
To not go above on sugar or cholesterol.
>>
I think I pulled a muscle or something sometime last week during my workout and it hasn't healed since I haven't stopped going to the gym

Should I take off until it's better? I don't want to risk stopping going to the gym and then just not going again
>>
>>36584130
Don't worry about cholesterol.
Why are you consuming any sugar at all?
>>
>>36584046
>>36584130
Like even bananas are high in sugar and chicken breasts are high in cholesterol. I can't reach one goal without the other.
>>
>>36584152
Milk, fruit, yogurt, etc.
>>
Anyone know what the medical term is for when an overactive muscle compensates for an injured muscle?
>>
>>36583872
sorry bud,its gyno,but dont let that detter you.

Loosing weight is great.
>>
>>36584211
Skipping legday itis
>>
File: image.png (16 KB, 958x660) Image search: [Google]
image.png
16 KB, 958x660
So hey guys,i'm a real fatty(300 pounds 6'4~5") and i'm hitting the gym kinda hard lately,currently i'm at my heaviest from a series of unfortunate events but ive gone pretty regurlarly in the past(once i was 240 pounds but not fat)
So my question is,i've heard from a few people that don't go to the gym that i shouldn't do threadmills cause it can potentially fuck my knees,is it true?Should i stick to bikes?
I'm asking since its been a longish time i've been away and i've always run on the thread mill no problem.
Thanks in advance.
>>
I get minor, fleeting wrist and arm pain when doing squats.

I know that my arms were originally too close, I've fixed that, but the pain still happens.

It's mostly muscular, is there a chance i'm just not warmed up enough / stretched?

Just started sl5x5, weigh 260, 6'2
>>
>>36584317
it's true
too much pressure on your knees
>>
>>36584336
do a thumbless grip
>>
>>36583931
>>36584152
>>36584154
>>36584166
Bump
>>
>>36584353
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
>>
I just hit 180x6 squat today @ 135lbs bw, and I'm pretty happy considering I spent all of last year out with back/sciatica pain.. But, I noticed that I'm not breaking parallel on my squats, so I want to work on that. Should I decrease weight to squat deeper, or stay at 180 and just work on it while trying to increase reps in the meantime?
>>
>>36584527

First you need to figure out why you're not hitting depth. If its a strength thing, back it down to a weight you can take to depth and build back up. If its an issue of form, you'll need to tweak things and figure out what you can handle with the new form.

ROM progression can work, but its a bitch to judge with squatting unless you're using boxes or squatting off the pins.
>>
>>36583872
gyno is usually a meme around here but i honestly think thats gyno
>>
Is the start position of a front squat the same as the top position in the power clean?
>>
I've recently switched to a program that uses a specific training session for legs. Because I was doing a full body program there has been several exercises I had little to no practice with. And I have a few questions / opinions.

1a) I've been doing highbar squats exclusively and feel comfortable with them. Because this program uses front squats for quads I have switched to doing lowbar squats since they work other muscle groups better since i'll be doing front squats for quads.
-When I do lowbars squats, I tend to take the same - ass to grass - approach but when I come out of the bottom despite trying to push through my feet and use my hips to push up, I feel like im still quad dominating the lift. Should I try to go to just below parallel instead of all the way down until I get better at it?

1b) My front squat form is terrible, I started at 135 (highbar squat is 285) and I had to drop down to 115 just to complete my work sets as shit was so sloppy. If highbars are quad dominated, can you sub those for front squats anyways?

2) RDLs raped my low back, even at 135 lbs. My deadlift is 335 but the RDL felt like it worked my low back more then deads do and I didn't really feel the hamstring stretch I expected. Purely form issue? Or just the newness of the lift?
>>
>>36584554
If I drop the weight, should I be increasing to 8 rep sets?
>>
down to 302 from 324

i've been on a very strict diet for over 3 weeks and i've lost 21lbs, i'm aware that 50% of it is probably water weight, but even then i'd still be happy with my progress

but how do i calculate how much of it is water weight?
>>
>>36584691
you dont ya bitch
>>
im thinking of doing training core with ab wheel as a supplement to PPL

how often should i do them, like every other day or what?
>>
>>36584869
PPL is like reddit the program
>>
>>36584943
what do you recommend then, im done with strength programs

ive found new motivation when lifting for the pump instead
>>
>>36585036
Reg Parks
>>
>>36584691
You haven't lost 12 pounds of water weight, know this.

Like the other anon said, it's basically impossible to tell what are current percentage of water weight is, you just have to guesstimate based off of how much you've drank, what time of the day it is, and the last time you peed.
>>
>>36584691
who gives a fuck just continue losing weight you fat fuck
>>
File: march 30 2016.png (1 MB, 1196x487) Image search: [Google]
march 30 2016.png
1 MB, 1196x487
im 5'9 at 165lbs, i have been lifting for a couple of months and im trying to cut, what would you say i should cut down to before i start a slow bulk? my lifts have completely stalled at 90/120/185/225 X5, im also going for 1700 cals a day. what do you think i should do?
>>
>>36585460
>what would you say i should cut down to before i start a slow bulk?
12% at the most.

>im also going for 1700 cals a day.
learn TDEE's faggot. Cutting at 1700 a day won't get you anywhere. Your TDEE is 2038 a day, you need to be cutting at 1538 if you want a chance of losing a pound per week.
>>
I started going to the gym a couple of weeks ago.

So far, I've stuck to the weight machines, and while I want to try free weights, I have no idea what I should be doing. Any advice?
>>
>>36585614
what did you use to count the tdee? i used scoobs calculator and it said 2800, i got the 1700 calculation from MFP. also 12% would be what? 150lbs? 140?
>>
>>36580970
How many different exercises do you limit yourself per workout? I always have the problem that I want to do every single exercise and machine I can think of during a workout. depending on the bodypart
>>
Fuck guys. I've been trying to cut, and I just gained almost 1.5 lbs since yesterday when I kinda pigged out, and I've already eaten 1800 calories today (so I'm down to drinking water).

Fucking hate it when I fuck up early in the week. I'll be lucky to stay the same weight this week, let alone go down a pound or two like I've been doing.

What do you do when you fuck up a little on a cut? Do you change anything, or do you just try to go back to sticking with it, and move on?
>>
>>36585669
S T I C K Y
T
I
C
K
Y

>>36585689
Tdeecalculator.com

Never put in anything but "sedentary" in the work calculator. When you're trying to lose weight, you need to be losing it even when not exercising.

use calipers to estimate bodyfat
>>
>>36583873
the retard is my business partner and good friend. unfortunately it is, in fact, complicated
>>
>>36585852

That site's not loading, anon.
>>
Chitosan based supplement. Anyone had used it before? Supposedly helps you get rid off a large amount off fat from what you eat. True false bullcrap?
Thanks in advance.
>>
>>36585852
and just out of curiosity what happens if i eat too little, such as more than a 500 cal cut? doesnt your body start to think you are an african child and starts cannibalizing lean body mass?
>>
>>36585931
>>36585939
https://tdeecalculator.net/

apologies, it's a .net address. I fuck that up a lot.

and yes, starvation mode is possible but you need to be eating seriously under your TDEE. I'd say the minimum for a person your height would be 1100 a day.
>>
>>36585980

So in my case, it says my TDEE is about 2700, meaning I should eat around 2200.

If I eat around 2000 calories instead, that doesn't mean I'll go into starvation mode, right?
>>
File: idris egghead.jpg (152 KB, 938x456) Image search: [Google]
idris egghead.jpg
152 KB, 938x456
What do I work if I wanna hold a girl and fuck her against the wall? Do I just half-rep?
>>
I just hit 425 squat raw (yes, it was low bar, I don't care; It was past parallel.) Is it possible to hit 500 natty by the end of August?
>>
File: alec baldman disapproves.png (110 KB, 216x276) Image search: [Google]
alec baldman disapproves.png
110 KB, 216x276
>>36586025
No, shut the fuck up and listen. I already fucking explained this. Never, ever use the exercise settings on these calculators. They are extremely inaccurate 90% of the time and not reliable for estimates. The only thing even remotely reliable is the "sedentary" setting.

You're cutting. When cutting, you want to be losing weight even when you're not exercising, so you choose sedentary. Your sedentary TDEE is around 2038 calories. So you want a deficit from there.

Starvation mode is not easy to get to. You literally need to be depriving your body of the energy it needs to perform basic functions, way way less than 2000. That also depends on your height, gender, and muscle mass. Based on your info you gave me, I'd say don't go under 1100 calories a day, like I already fucking told you.
>>
Is wearable tech a meme?
My consumerist ways are strong, and every time I see a fucking fitbit or something like that, I have to hold back my wallet.

I know I'm just lifting a bar, but is there a reason to owning anything wearable?
>>
>>36586164
What would you use it for
>>
>>36586118
you again? just squat fagt
>>
>>36586123
just be like 80% of the people who squat and do a half or quarter rep anon.

I go to a college gym and seeing a person squat to depth is unicorn level rare.
>>
>>36586161
im the guy who posted>>36585460
im not this guy though >>36586025
just to clarify
>>
File: Dissapointed Cuntsmasher.jpg (11 KB, 187x232) Image search: [Google]
Dissapointed Cuntsmasher.jpg
11 KB, 187x232
Can I get a link to a trustworthy weight gain calculator?

Every website I put my friends info into tells me a different amount of calories needed to gain weight

his stats are as follows
5'9
Male
127lbs
Compound lifts 3x a week with light exercise 2x a week
>>
>>36586171
You're not wrong.
Literally nothing.
>>
>>36583387
after

>>36583441
doesn't matter what you eat as long as you're meeting your daily needed amount of protein

wouldn't really recommend protein shake every day though, maybe just on workout days

>>36583609
/fit/ thinks you're a manlet

>>36583827
your muscles need time to rest, do not train two days in a row especially as a natty

>>36585829
go back to what you were doing before and move on, don't fuck up again

i'm >>36586212
>>
I can hardly complete a workout while cutting (1800 kcal / day)
5'6" mega-manlet, 169 lbs

lifts are intermediate
since I won't be gaining any muscle on a cut can I drop my 3x5 lifts down to 2x5 or 3x3 and still maintain muscle? I lift as close to my 1RM as possible and my macros are on point, losing ~ 1lb a week
>>
>>36586255
>I lift as close to my 1RM as possible
and you wonder why you can't do fucking 3x5?
>>
How do I into food prep? Is there a guide?
>>
>>36586225
Then don't get it.
>>
File: oreoshake.jpg (14 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
oreoshake.jpg
14 KB, 620x465
haven't had one of these in months, thinking about getting one. I understand calories and calories out etc and I exercise regularly. How bad would this fuck me up is what im asking I guess. I would have this fit it my calories for the day of course
>>
>>36586178
I always want to comment to people who only do half reps and ask them if they want help, but I'm not exactly muscular myself so w/e.
>>
File: Cyber-Feel.jpg (6 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Cyber-Feel.jpg
6 KB, 250x250
hey /fit/ i start fin tomorrow, any advice on what to expect would be appreciated. any personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.
>>
File: 1446234275313.png (73 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1446234275313.png
73 KB, 1000x1000
>>36586361
Depends on your gym

some gyms are full all the time
some gyms are empty during certain times

I enjoy going when there's little to no people
Helps save time and I have pretty bad social anxiety as is

that being said, even when it is full, don't be afraid to ask people how many sets they have left before they're done so you can use whatever station it is you need.

some people are really cool and will help you out when you do something wrong, don't take it as an insult if someone tells you your form is wrong, they're just trying to help

at the same time keep in mind that not everyone knows what they're talking about, hopefully you've already researched on how to do workouts with proper form, doing things without proper form is the easiest way to get injured

don't let your ego get in the way of your progress

if you can't do a certain weight, just use less until you can do the exercise properly and with a full range of motion, no half reps no half assed attempts using your entire body

remember that most people there are just there to work out, don't feel intimidated

make sure you go regularly, don't skip a workout just because you're sore

that's about it man, good luck
>>
Every time i did deadlifts id get an express pass to snap city no matter the weight but i recently said fuck it and used a hexbar instead of thd oly bar and it feels great really feeling it in my hamstrings and upper back. Will i still make gud gains?
>>
>>36580970
How much does sleep matter?

I get about 4 hours a night.
>>
>>36586430
basically the same movements right?
only thing is it looks like it can't handle too much weight

were you doing regular deadlifts with proper form? I don't see why you would be hurting your back if so, maybe you weren't going low enough
>>
File: Get Writing Bitch.jpg (66 KB, 470x535) Image search: [Google]
Get Writing Bitch.jpg
66 KB, 470x535
>>36583728
You can only start using the dip/chinup belt once you can get 3x10 bodyweight

Then with the dip belt it changes to 3x5 and progresses like SL. But id recommend doing 3x8 for size and endurance gains.

Im currently at 3x7 make sure you look out on the way down, no half repping pls
>>
>>36586441
I say significantly and most people would agree

That's when your body recovers and heals/ does maintenance etc. 4 hrs isn't really enough my man, recc is 7-8 for adults, even more for teens

you might not feel it at first but after a couple weeks it'll start affecting your lifts negatively
>>
>>36586333
It's a shame it always looks so cool...
>>
>>36586467
I thought as much, thanks for confirming my suspicions though.
>>
>>36586178
Lol also at uni and I've seen about 10 or so people not half-squatting, and one of them was doing 6pl8 for reps.
>>
Ok, I'm in the middle of trying to lose my gut, and I've already dropped 20lbs since the beginning of the year. The question I have is, where does that weight go? Like, I get the idea of calories in, calories out, but how does the matter that made up that weight leave your body? Does it come out in your shit somehow? It just kind of blows my mind that there is less of me today than there was a few months ago and I'm wondering where that went.
>>
File: BrajkovicTDF9_710-033-640x960.jpg (152 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
BrajkovicTDF9_710-033-640x960.jpg
152 KB, 640x960
I cant stop losing weight. I used to be 5'7 156lb and now im 128. I i have lost a significant amount of muscle and im starting to worry.

>tfw bench max went from 205 to 135
>>
Is yohimbine safe to use with an EC stack? On a cut and I don't want to end up giving myself a heart attack
>>
>>36586767
can anyone post the EC stack image? and any info about it? how dangerous is it and how effective is it? i thought it just suppresses. hunger
>>
>>36586344
Cheat day/meal
>>
>>36586758
>I can't stop losing weight
have you tried eating more?

or getting rid of your tape worm?
>>
I've read why electronic scales are bad, but am i ok if i ALWAYS use the same one? i literally cannot find a real scale around where i live unless i go to the doctors office.
>>
>>36586344
you'll be fine anon, IIFYM

>>36586821
don't listen to this fag, just stay within your daily limits
>>
What does /fit/ think about Beachbody programs? I did P90X3 myself and I liked it. Now I'm doing Body Beast to build some muscle.
>>
>>36586860
They're glorified cardio that work because they come with a diet.
Normal workout programs are much better and cheaper(assuming you actually bought them)
>>
File: p90x.jpg (358 KB, 685x1124) Image search: [Google]
p90x.jpg
358 KB, 685x1124
>>36586860
>>
>>36586253
OK then. It wasn't as bad as some of my previous fuckups, so it shouldn't set me back too far. I just calculated my TDEE at my new weight, and it turns out I'm burning a couple hundred less calories than I thought, so that's a contributing factor too. Going to have to go down to a 1300-1400 calorie diet to see any progress it seems.
>>
>>36586947

Damn, I love you.
I have some weight plates (2x10kg, 4x5kg/3kg/2kg/1kg), adjustable bench/dumbbells/barbell, weighted vest and a pull up bar. ALready read some books like CC and Yayog (yeah, bodyweight, I used to do them) but now I'm just following instructions from a big guy on the screen.
Where would I find a workout plan to home training?
>>
pls /fit/ help me

6 months ago:
> be 6'5 220lbs
> looking normal to skinnyfat
> read SS, PP, GLSP etc watchin athlean-x
> start lifting, doing full body 3x/week compounds + curls

now:
> be 6'5 220lbs
> looking better but not much
> all lifts got way up

what do I do now for hypertrophy? is there any good ppl routine?

I've been on a crossfire: some say should do ppl; other say ppl is shit; then fullbody are shit etc etc... who is right?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-01-12-00h49m51s17.png (426 KB, 720x402) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-01-12-00h49m51s17.png
426 KB, 720x402
Three weeks from Test Prop only cycle. What should I do to prepare?|

Pic related. Body is that mode.
>>
>>36580970
what makes a face attractive?
is it the proportions, jawline, cheekbones?
i seriously dont know, if i knew then maybe i could improve my face, something to do with the golden ratio maybe? or eye colour?
>>
File: hammmode.jpg (205 KB, 817x1222) Image search: [Google]
hammmode.jpg
205 KB, 817x1222
>>36587189
currently this mode (pic related)
>>
Povertyfag here. I use my apartment gym. It has a barbell but no clips. Deadlifting for reps and the plates slide around (dangerous, i know). Is there an alternative to clips i can use? Should I just do 1x5 (or greater number of sets) and push the plates back every deadlift? Should I not risk it and just try to fill that void with other exercises? Ty in advance
>>
If I wanted to make myself more flexible and able to climb/run/jump better, should I focus on body weight workouts along with cardio?

Coming from a skeleman who has lost all hope of getting swole, might as well make do with what I got.
>>
What are people's opinions on Push Presses? I have been doing OHP for a long time and can strict press 150.
Would swapping out presses for push presses be a good idea?
>>
I'm hitting my macros and getting to 2200 calories pretty easily with very clean foods, I'm allergic to nuts so this rules out a lot of high calorie food for me. I'm putting extra Virgin olive oil in most things and I really can't stomach cottage cheese.

My question is would making up the extra 500 calories in dirty bulking seriously ham my progress? Its a struggle to just find those calories somewhere that isn't dipping into my milk, oats (which I can only have so many times a day out of sheer exhaustion) and other ingredients. So would it be fine?
>>
>>36587276
I've literally never used a clip on deadlift. Ever. The bar should be flat through the lift.
>>
>>36587276
Only reason it would slip is because you're not lifting it straight up.
>>
Was doing some deads today and doing them pretty light. I don't know what happened but something moved near the bottom of my lats and now it feels inflamed.

I didn't pull my back and only my left side where my lats are feels weird and it's not the whole thing just the place where something moved.

I don't nkow what happened but I"m icing it right now. Any ideas? When it happened I was standing up with the weight on deads, it didn't hurt to the point where I had to let go and I was able to slowly lower it just don't know what happened.
>>
Hey /fit/izens,

I'm 18 and thinking about taking SARMs for one cycle that is pretty much it. 6-8 weeks.
I've heard that LGD-4033 is the best SARM out there and doesn't blind you like another SARM does. I've heard about very mild side effects at the most associated with LGD-4033 and I want a big boost in gains.

Should I do it /fit/?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-20-16-37-16.png (904 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-20-16-37-16.png
904 KB, 1440x2560
>>36586801
>>
>>36587759
the info page seems to be deleted...
>>
>squatting for the first time in like 6 months
>lmao1pl8
>finish 1st set
>rest for 3 mins
>get up from leaning/sitting on safety bars
>right groin starts cramping
>can't finish workout
>go home

Tell me I did OK fit. Tell me I'm not a bitch for not finishing my work out and potentially causing a more serious injury.

Any tips for midworkout cramps?

PS: I played tennis earlier
>>
My deadlift form is fucked. It's like I cant contract the muscle that's under my right shoulder blade, making my right shoulder lower than my left as I pull up on the bar. What am I doing wrong, and how do I correct it? Thanks.
>>
How long do pumps last? Also what is the best way to get a sick pump?
>>
>>36584317
>>36584342
This. Also it's cardio, don't do cardio or you will die.
>>
>>36588471
Pump lasts 20-40 minutes.
The best way to get a pump is to exercise.
>>
I'm thinking about starting to take fish oil. Does anyone take it? Does it do anything or is it a waste of money? I've also heard krill oil is better, what's that about.
>>
Can I get abs by the beginning of August if I'm a 6'1 132 lbs skelly? I already have a slightly visible 2 pack.
>>
>>36588523
I will reformulate my question. Should I focus on doing max weight or max reps to get the best pump?
>>
>>36588538
Reps
>>
I'm new here. I know SS stands for starting strength, but what exactly is that and why does everyone suggest it ironically?
>>
File: luvraq.jpg (20 KB, 401x271) Image search: [Google]
luvraq.jpg
20 KB, 401x271
>>36588527
I take fish oil every day.

I just got blood labs back. total cholesterol 195 (goal is <200), HDL 58 (goal is 50-60).

It is objectively good for you.
>>
Anyone go to Lifetime Fitness?
>>
How do you know when you're lean enough to get decent abs by working them?

I'm ~6' 145lbs and it seems like there's still just a tiny layer of fat on them so I'm not sure what to do.
>>
File: pepe8.png (8 KB, 258x258) Image search: [Google]
pepe8.png
8 KB, 258x258
I'm gonna be drinking absinth tomorrow and i'm on a cut, that fucking shit is 80% alcohol and i've been eating around 900 cals a day for the last 3 weeks, should i be worried about blacking out or something?
>>
In a few weeks I will have lost over 175lbs. How much weight of loose skin could I be holding on to?
>>
>>36588737
Cocktailfag here, you're supposed to heavily water that shit down, usually 3-5 parts water to 1 part absinthe. It tastes way better, plus the louche can be really pretty.

Still, can you afford to eat a bit more that day? Drinking on that little food is just a bad idea no matter what it is
>>
>>36588803

My friends said they're gonna make drinks with water and sugar, i'm not actually drinking it straight, heck i cant even drink vodka straight, i was still a little bit worried because when i black out i normally do stupid shit

i was on a very strict diet but it was only for 6 weeks, gonna start refeeding on monday.
>>
>>36588908
Eat the largest meal you can get away with right before and you should be fine. I wouldn't worry too much- after dilution it's about as strong as wine. Just keep track of how much you're drinking because it can sneak up on you in a way wine usually doesn't, at least for me.

Other than that, have fun! Absinthe is one of my favorite spirits.
>>
I feel a sharp pain in my left shoulder while doing pullups, at the very beginning of the movement. I can do 3 pullups when this doesn't happen, but when it does I stop immediately. What is going on?
>>
i got snickered at for having deadlifts and squats on the same day. is this wrong
>>
Is this logic retarded?

>Lift using a program like SS / SL
>NOT eating or taking protein after working out.
>Keep working out regularly.
>Body senses that muscle is important and avoids consuming it, still it consumes a little bit because body is dumb but not dumb dumb.
>just consumes a little.
>burns more fat than muscle.
>major weight loss while not losing all of my lean mass.
>>
>>36589608
it's pretty common

i don't do it though because i find it too exhausting
>>
>>36589707
No that's regarded, straight bro science shit.

Use intermittent fasting if you're trying to lose weight and lift
>>
Are the following calculations right??

Im 173cm 85kg, which gives me a basal metabolic rate of 1900 cals.

Im currently lifting 2 days per week and cycling one hour 5 days per week.
If i consider 300 cals per hour cycled and per lifting session

that would give me that on average i spend per week 15400
which gives me an average of 2200 cals spent per day

so if i eat 1500 cals per day i will have a deficit of 700 cals.

That means that every 11 days i will burn 7700 cals, that means about 1kg of pure fat lost every 2 weeks...

is this somewhere near accurate?

could my bmr be higher for that age and weight?
>>
How much can body weight vary in a day? 0.5kg? 1kg? 2kg? 3kg?!???!?!
>>
>>36580970
Is there any sense in going to gym if you slept very little or nothing at all? Or better take this as a day off and regenerate?
>>
>>36583872
lose weight first, I get really similiar boobs if my bodyfat gets too high but if its lower the extra fat actually makes my chest look bigger

>>36584151
Do extra warmup. If you feel pain - dont train that muscle for some time.

>>36585692
1-4 exercises per big bodyparts (so its BP, incline and flies for chest) and 1-2 exercises for isolations (no sense in doing all the curls variations)

>>36587306
check your daily calorie intake first
if its fine check your test levels
dont let your dreams be dreams

>>36589289
take a month break from pullups, do rotator cuff exercises, if it wont be any better you might need a doctor

>>36589830
I can take a 2kg dump and then lose 2 litres of sweat no prob
>>
Would you use the same deload technique from starter strength in any ppl routine if you stall or just eat more and keep trying?
>>
>>36589823
Hate to break it to you, but energy expenditure (and intake for that matter) is NOT an exact science. In fact it's unreliable as fuck. You'll never burn the exact same amount of calories every day, and you can't even trust the nutritional info labels on foods.
That being said, having a rough estimate to go by and actually counting is still way more precise (even if it's inaccurate as hell) than just eye-balling things and guessing. And over time things will even out - you may eat or burn 200 calories fewer one day but 200 more the next.

Your calculations are fine, but nobody can tell if they're "accurate". You just have to pick a number for a couple of weeks, get on the scale of adjust accordingly. Also, remember that the first week you'll often lose a lot more weight than you'd expect because you lose water weight in addition to fat burned.

>>36589851
I know it's a stupid answer but listen to your body. Seriously. If you're feeling up for it, go. If not, stay home and fight another day.

>>36589948
You wouldn't use the progression plan of Starting Strength in a PPL routine in the first place. Simply adding weight to the bar every workout is by far the hardest and least sustainable way of progression there is and only works for complete novices (or on new exercises).
Instead, focus on adding reps to your sets. This is also better for size gains. Once you can comfortably do a certain amount of reps with a given weight, then you increase the weight and drop down the reps and work your way back up over time. Rinse repeat.
>>
total noob here

how much should I eat if I want to build muscle AND lose weight? I used to lift in highschool but it's been about 10 years since I've picked up a weight so in really in the dark about calorie consumption. I've dropped about 25-30 lbs from dieting alone the past few months but my dieting is now going at a snails pace and I want to start lifting again so I can rev that process again and add some muscle to my frame. I'm familiar with how calorie consumption works but in order to build muscle, must I eat above my maintenance? or can I still eat below it and lose weight? please help I don't want to start doing this only to gain back this weight

thanks in advance
>>
Where should my body fat be before attempting a lean bulk? Sitting at about 16 percent skinnyfat mode
>>
When is the proper time to take an EC stack? When I first wake up?
>>
>>36590031
Also curious about this
>>
File: Attach0.jpg (261 KB, 669x972) Image search: [Google]
Attach0.jpg
261 KB, 669x972
alright /fit/

im broke as fuck so gym is out of the picture

what can i do to get in better shape / reduce body fat using my body weight

posting here too because theres two qtddtot threads
>>
>>36590111
You can find gym for like $10-15 a month. Bullshit you can't afford it.
>>
>>36590111
For reducing body fat, just eat correctly. You'll have to be very careful about it though since you're not going to the gym. If you're a vegetarian, you're screwed.

As far as building mass goes, I'm not too sure because I've never tried bodyweight exercises but I know there's a big chart of bodyweight routines that gets posted often in /fit/ infographic threads... anyone?
>>
File: 1458818840506.jpg (76 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1458818840506.jpg
76 KB, 680x680
>>36590111
eat less, run, burpees, push ups.
emphasis on eat less if you really want to cut bodyfat desu
>>
>>36590031
weight/height?

>>36590082
>skinnyfat
You should start bulking. You don't need to cut without any muscle mass, you don't want to look like a skeleton.

Bulk, gain mass, cut, lose bf, repeat.
>>
File: 1453508440404.jpg (6 KB, 185x180) Image search: [Google]
1453508440404.jpg
6 KB, 185x180
>>36583931
>2985 cal
>~170g protein
>~99g fat
>~374g carbs
>~107g sugar
>~38g fiber
>~300 mg Cholesterol
>~2300 mg sodium
>This seems literally impossible. Any nutritious bros out there

Are you, like... fucking 8 feet tall? Holy shit. Why all of the sugar, cholesterol and sodium?
>>
How do I manage lose skin? I'm a 210 5'8 fatty and losing about 5lbs a week.
>>
>>36590122
>>36590129
>>36590132

Thanks, what kind of set would you recommend?

6'4 at 185 lbs
>>
>>36590162
Surgery
>>
>>36590181
Isn't that expensive as fuck? Will the skin tighten up over time or am I just fucked if I get lean and it's there.
>>
>>36590142
I'm a manlet but fuck it I'm anonymous

5'7 & 170lbs/68kgs
>>
>>36590142
That wasn't my question. I'm trying to lean bulk, and everything I've read indicates that to lean bulk you should start lean. My question is how lean I should be before beginning?
>>
>>36590167
Set? Like a routine? Like I said earlier I'm not really too great with bodyweight routines since I've never done one... I wish I had a better answer but I would just lurk more and eventually information on them pops up. I know for certain there's one good chart that shows a big routine progression of bodyweight exercises like week-by-week that might be good for you.
>>
Which is a better ab workout, crunches or sit ups?
>>
>>36590342
Sit-ups, but make them weighted sit-ups on an incline bench.
>>
>>36590368
What about regular sit ups vs regular crunches?
>>
>>36590405
I'd say crunches, provided you're not going all the way up and are holding that semi-upright position. Otherwise there is no difference.

Those ab gains won't show at all though without proper diet and low bodyfat.
>>
>>36590444
How much body fat would you say 132 lbs at 6'1 would be? Is it good enough for them to show?
>>
How should i be taking creatine? and when in relation to my workouts?

Should I just drink it on its own or mix with whey protein shakes?

Also, should I treat it as a pre-workout or does the time that I take it not make a difference?

And should i only take it on workout days? reduce the quantity on rest days? or just 5g a day?
>>
What are good chest accessories to add to SL? I currently do incline dumbbell press and cable crossovers along with flat bench but my chest is lagging behind the rest of my body.
>>
>>36590473
It's been shown to be absorbed slightly better when taken after a workout session, although the difference is neglible.

You can take it with a protein shake, no problem.

It's not a pre-workout supp even though many PWOs contain for some stupid reason.

In the beginning it may be a good idea to take it every day to build up your stores, but after a while just take 5g after training and it'll be "ready for use" next time you train.

>>36590545
If your pecs are lagging (but are they really?) in spite of doing TWO extra exercises for it then your problem isn't the exercises but how you do them. If you're not feeling your pecs working during these exercises then they're not serving their purpose.
Also, make sure your routine doesn't become imbalanced in terms of exercise selection. If you keep adding more work for your chest, you need to do something to balance it out or you'll wind up with shoulder issues.
>>
How come when I binge on a lot of food (only happens rarely like on Christmas or birthdays), the next day my shit comes out in hard pellets even though the whole thing ends up having a lot of fiber?
>>
>>36585934
Bump
>>
It is bad to fast for more than 24 hours? I normally do IIFYM with a 16 hr fast, but one day a week I can go for 24+.

Any benefits?
>>
Where to get hiqh qual phenibut to jurop for a good price?
>>
>>36590777
>>36585934
>helps you get rid off a large amount off fat from what you eat.
So lemme see here
This supplement it...it gets rid of fat..from what you eat? Like magically changes the macros of your food?
Cut the carbs, fatty, and get your ass in a gym. There's no quick fix, so the earlier you start the better. It sucks, it's hard, it's boring, it's not sexy. Fucking lift.
>>
>>36590787
Try these:

https://thoughtfoods.co.uk/cholinergics/phenibut.html#/size-sachet_of_6_caps_x_500mg

http://www.blackburndistributions.com/phenibut-uk.html

http://www.powdercity.com/products/phenibut-hcl-capsules
^ cheapeast

GL brah
>>
>>36588576
No one?
>>
>>36590848
Why not google it? It's a basic workout routine introducing people to compound movements that pretty much work all the main parts of your body and get you into weightlifting.
>>
>>36590848
It's a a beginner's lifting program with the primary purpose of making you gain strength as fast as possible.
It's recommended a lot because it has an entire book dedicated to it that answers any question you might have, plus it teaches you good form in all the important exercises.

There are a lot of cry-babies on /fit/ though who didn't get the results that they wanted, so there's also a lot of hate against the program.

Regardless of whether you like it or not, it's a tried and tested and it works. There's a reason it's so popular. That being said, there are many other programs that are just as good. Some may even be better for your individual goals.
>>
>>36590473
I think it's the easiest to put the powder directly in your mouth and wash it down with water. Don't even bother putting it in a glass,
>>
will i be ok if i only do DB bench and never BB bench?

>tfw no gymbro
>>
>lifting for 3 years
>6'2 95kg
>ohp 45 sq 85 dl 155 bench 62,5 kg
>frog.jpg

Should I just restart ss?
>>
>>36592193
you don't need a spot, just try to avoid grinding reps

most benches also have a re-rack half way option for if you fail
>>
>>36592282
What. How.
>>
>>36592282
>people tell me to eat more and i ignore them and continue to spin my wheels because i don't want to gain weight

i was you once
>>
>>36592508
>>36592483
I was always fat. Eating more is certainly something I do not want.
>>
>>36592520
I used to be 120kg, dropped to 85kg at 6'6. I could bench 62.5kg after 3 months eating at maintenance. Eat more, make some progress and then cut later if you're unhappy (which you wont be).
>>
>>36592520
do you link consistently?
do you eat enough/ get enough protein?
are you doing <8reps and incrementally increasing the weight?
>>
I did legs late last night.
Would it be over training if I did an hour of liss?
>>
Been working on an oil rig for 6 months so didn't come to /fit/, what happened to FPS and fat hate threads?
>>
How do I lose fat?
>>
>>36592894
been here all this time and one day those fps threads that used to have cartoon whale pictures just went
>>
>>36580970

>Can squat 2pl8 but can't even press 1pl8

HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: 1426467217270.jpg (43 KB, 600x706) Image search: [Google]
1426467217270.jpg
43 KB, 600x706
I'm a skelly doing SS and I'm about 4 months in and have gained roughly 20 pounds. However, I feel like my lifts are not progressing very well.

DL: 115->195
BP: 45->75
Pendlay Row: 65->100
OHP: 25 -> 55
Squat: 45-> 120

Additionally, there are no noticable aesthetic changes, apart from appearing slightly tubbier. Does this sound correct?
>>
File: 1457307280698.jpg (32 KB, 447x456) Image search: [Google]
1457307280698.jpg
32 KB, 447x456
>>36580970

Two years lifting and I've made meh gains, but I am now slowing down. 245LB bench, 365LB squat, 135LB OHP, and last time I did diddylifts I managed a 385LB with moderate resistance but stopped diddys 'cause muh back. What is a good routine for strength building that works well?
>>
I can do 3x8 one arm DB Bench with 17.5kg with my right arm just fine. I failed on the 3rd rep of the third set with my left. Should I keep the weight the same until I can do 3x8 perfectly with my slightly weaker arm or can I increase by say 0.25kg? (Lifting at home and can replace my two 0.5kg plates with a single 1.25 one, hence the odd increment.
>>
>>36585893
Do you think he's going to cut your business relationship and friendship because you wanna keep lifting in your old gym? It's not complicated unless he's a huge bitch. Just tell him you don't like his gym and that yours is better for your goals.
>>
>>36583931
the fuck are you doing? the only thing you need to worry about are calories and protein, that's it. the rest is nice, but you'll be completely fine if you just eat normally. if you're that worried, you can get most of those things via supplements.

calories and protein, that's all.
>>
>>36583968
if you feel like you're up to it, you can add accessories. if you're really tired after the main program, don't.

always, always, add accessories after the main lifts. the program is getting you that strength, accessories are, well, accessories.

it doesn't matter which day you do it on, really. SS is a fullbody program, not a split.

remember to do more reps on those ancillary exercises. main lifts are 3x5 (except 1x5 deadlift and 5x3 power cleans), but for accessories you want 3x8-12.
>>
Is it normal to not get hungry anymore?

I started cutting a week or so ago, and after the first couple days, I just don't get hungry.

Like I used to eat 2500-3000 calories a day, but today I've had maybe 1200, and I'm not hungry, at 22:00.

I'm sure I could have eaten even less and still not be hungry.
>>
>>36593764
If you're lifts have stopped progressing, why are you still doing it?

SS, like most beginner routines, are progression based. Once you stop progressing, you change to intermediate.
>>
When to start lifting again after being sick?
>>
I started going back to the gym a month ago after a 5 years break. I can go four times a week, should I just go for SS and do ABAB as routine?
>>
How much do I need to warm up for my 1x5 deadlifts? I'm wondering if I am wearing myself out with my warmup sets.
>>
I haven't lifted in a couple of months and I'm getting much fatter than I would like to be. I'm planning to return to doing GSLP 3 days a week with added cardio either 5 or 6 days a week consisting of 15 mins on a rowing machine. Is this too much cardio? Too little? With this much cardio should I have a caloric surplus or deficit? My goal if possible is #1 to lose fat and #2 lose muscle
>>
Alright my 3x5 stats are: 115/175/245/315
I'm 5'8'' about 180lbs and 20% bodyfat

I'm cutting at like 1k calories but I think I've hit my limit on increasing my strength on those 4
I don't think they will go up as long as I continue this cut
I would like to continue cutting until 15%
I do a SS variation routine
I was thinking of adding a volume day or switching routines completely

Any thoughts or suggestions about this plateau? Do you think I can keep adding strength? Or should I stick with those numbers and try to increase reps?
>>
File: 1458901278114.gif (500 KB, 345x200) Image search: [Google]
1458901278114.gif
500 KB, 345x200
>>36580970
Hi /fit/. Gril here. How many calories should I be eating per day while I'm squatting to get dat high test booty?
>>
>>36598071
Depends on your current weight and if you're trying to gain or lose.
>>
>>36598097
5'9", 135, trying to gain booty like my original pic related obviously.
>>
>>36590813
Been there fag. Done that. From 370 to 200 am 6,3. So fuck off if you have nothing to say. Thanks for your time anyway.
>>
I'm joining the military and worried about my running. I can only run 3-5 minutes without stopping right now. If I run 3 days a week every week for between five and six months before I go to boot camp will this be enough to get to 20 minutes at least nonstop running or am I fucked?
>>
File: image.png (484 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
484 KB, 640x1136
Wat
>>
>>36598694
In 5-6 months you could run a marathon desu.
>>
>>36598133
That chick lives on a diet of cum and cocks in the ass, so you could try that
>>
File: .jpg (6 KB, 238x195) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
6 KB, 238x195
Reposting because this QTDDTOTT seems to be more active than the other one

How bad is it for cutting progress to go carbs macro?

This is my first ever cut and today I'm about 30g over my carbs macro, but I'm still about 1300 calories under maintenance and way under my protein and fat macros.

I'm in uni so it's hard to pick and choose food to fit my macros from the dining halls, and also so much food here has tons of fucking carbs.
>>
>>36598133
>>36598071
Start with 2000
>>
File: marc-megnas-amp-logo[1].png (13 KB, 361x361) Image search: [Google]
marc-megnas-amp-logo[1].png
13 KB, 361x361
What about it, /fit/?
http://www.bodybuilding.com/amp/
>>
Okay guys, I need some input on this routine, I am completely new to this.

3 sets of x20 led raises
3 sets of x20 sit ups
3 sets of x20 crunches

What else should I add on to this to make a full, basic ab workout, and is what I have already a feasible way to develop abs if I maintain a good diet with a low body fat % and perform the routine daily?
>>
>>36600270
I'd throw in some push-ups and do four sets at least if I were you.
>>
>>36600327
Right on, that completely slipped my mind. x20 push ups good for a set? And when you say 4 sets are you referring specifically to the pushups or every set in the routine?
>>
>>36600270
>crunches
>situps
>>
>>36600340
Four sets of everything, and a reasonable number of push-ups each set depending on how many you can do.
>>
Does fish oil actually have an scientifically proven benefits or is it just another useless supplement scam
>>
File: lpc880-07-015.jpg (45 KB, 560x695) Image search: [Google]
lpc880-07-015.jpg
45 KB, 560x695
>>36600358
Cool, thank you.
>>
>>36600377
lol shit routine gl
>>
>>36600403
That doesn't help at all man, I just want to get fit.
>>
How many calories would a skelly (well not completely skelly, but skelly in /fit/'s eyes) at 6'1 and 150lbs at around 13% fat or so normally eat to bulk? I'm getting back into lifting after losing a lot of weight.

I've done some calculations using different formulas and I've gotten anything from 2400 to 2700 kcal. Would 2700 be my best bet or would that I just put on too much fat? I don't want to put on too much fat, but I also don't want to not build muscle.

Back in hs I put on a lot of muscle, but I also eat too much and put on unnecessary fat, so I don't want to make the same mistake again.

I lead a fairly sedentary lifestyle outside of taking my dog for walks, and the 3 day a week full body program I would be using.
Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.