[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/routine general/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 27
File: EstepItUp.jpg (41 KB, 433x480) Image search: [Google]
EstepItUp.jpg
41 KB, 433x480
Post your routine. Talk shit on other routines. Include your stats so we know what you're working with.

█══█ SS is King █══█

Currently on a monster cut - down from 345 to 279 (if any of you gents want the down low on the PSMF let me know). For 2 weeks I was training 3 hours a day every day because I could. It was fun though that's best left to the professionals and the 'genetically gifted'.

Locking down the ego, going back to basics.

>A
Squat: 3x5
Bench: 3x5
Power Clean: 5x3
>A Accessories
Lying Tricep Extension: 3x8
Barbell Curls: 3x8
Wrist-Roller (Extension): 3x5
Ab Work

>B
Press: 3x5
Deadlift: 1x5
>B Accessories
Lateral Raises: 3x8
Wrist-Roller (Flexion): 3x5
Ab Work

>Current Stats
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 279
Squat: 225
Bench: 200
Press: 145
Deadlift: 315
Power Clean: 135

>pic related
Let's get RIPPed
>>
This may sound strange but here we go.

>negatives
Ten count push ups
Ten count squats
Ten count lunges
Ten count half curls

>stats
Height: 6 foot
Weight: 148
Deadlift: 225 (ORM: 250)

That's all folks
>>
Push
Bench press 5x5
OHP 5x5
Dips 3xf
Triceps extension bench 3x8
Lat raise and front raise 3x8
Skullcrushers 3x8
Alternate between dumbbell and barbell bench and ohp.

Pull
Deadlift 3x5-3
Bent over row 3x5
Lat pulldown 4x5
Chinups 4x5
Cable row 3x5
Machine row 5x5
Rear delt cable fly 3x8

Please rate and gladly suggest
>>
>shitpost 1xf
>jerk off
>sleep

AAAAAAA
>>
>>36570706
>only jerk off once a day
lmao low test fag
>>
>>36570749
>jerking it multiple times
>not edging for 6 hours and blasting a hole in the wall

No u r a cuck fag
>>
>>36570675

What's the deal, recovering from an injury?

>>36570697

B-Pressing and The Pressing on the same day always fucks my shit up. Doing both for 5x5, your OHP is going to fall way behind. Focus on one or the other - for example, Bench Press 5x5 and OHP 3x8.

Try bent over dumbbell rows 3x8-12 instead of machine rows. You can really rock some respectable weight. If you're not down for bent over rows, try prone dumbbell/barbell rows.

How often are you lifting? Back to back or with a day of rest between each session?

>>36570706

The clean and jerk is a respectable exercise.

But seriously brah, just do what I do and shitpost between sets.
>>
ABCx

A
Squat 5x5
Chin 5x5
Barbell Calf Raises 5x10

B
Bench 5x5
OHP 5x5
Pendlay Row 5x5

C
Dead Lift 1x5
Power Clean 5x5
Hex Bar Shrug 5x10
>>
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
(75% 3x5 on mid day) Deadlift 1x5
Dips 3xF
Bicep Curl Variations

Squat 3x5
Press 3x5
(if mid day 75% 3x5) Deadlift 1x5
Chinups 3xF
Tricep Pushdowns 3x8
>>
>>36570863
>Chin 5x5
Speaking of chin ups, I managed to get to 5 sets of 5 chin ups with good form and now I'm wondering how to progress. Should I add sets, reps, or stick with 5x5 and get a dip belt and add weight?
>>
>>36570839
The dumbbells at my gym only go to 30 so db row is out of the question, and I use the machine row as a row/shrug combo by leaning back.

I should probably do more reps on ohp though, thanks.
>>
>>36570749
>implying jacking off doesn't immediately drop test levels
>>36570706
Steady.
>>36570697
On the path to glory.
>>36570675
Definitely strange, is this a plateau or what?
>>36570590
Not trying to be a dick, but how are your numbers that low if you're such a heavy guy?

>5 days a week
50 diamond
50 standard push
50 extended squats
30 spread lifts
40 overhead tricep extensions
40 hammer curls
45 minutes wait til a high calcium/protein low carb meal
Hour break
20-30 mile trail ride/3-5 mile run

6'3
170lbs

On a plateau right now, would like to double all my numbers in the next 6 months and run a marathon by the Fall.
>>
>>36570863
>>36570975

Benching and pressing on the same day for the same volume will cause the press to plateau - especially if you're going with 5x5. Either work the press for volume (3x8) or move around your exercises.

If you're shooting for the latter, I'd recommend exchanging the chin-up with the bench press, pendlay rows with shrugs, and the deadlift with the OHP.

As far as chin-ups go, I'd suggest working up to 3-5x10 and then switching over to 3-5x5 weighted.

>>36570891

Looks good. I'm assuming you're doing 1x5 on M/F and 3x5@75 on W? If you want you can go with a DL variant here - I'd suggest either snatch-grip (3x5) for tightness in the upper back or paused (5x3) for tightness off the floor. Both also do a great job of training your grip.
>>
>>36570975
Hell yeah lad.

I would go up until I could do 12 at whatever weight I was at before starting to add weight. I do something like:

12 @ Bodyweight
8 @ 10 lbs
5 @ 22.5 lbs
5 @ 22.5 lbs
5 @ 25 lbs (if I'm not wrecked)

Keep kicking ass, senpai.
>>
I beg for some feedback, since I am still a noob at lifting.
After 6 months of doing Greyskull I am generally satisfied, but I am considering adding one more lifting day, because now Im doing it 3 days a week and I feel I could do more than that. Is that a good idea? After applying modification my routine will look like this:
Teusday, Saturday:
Bench press 3x5
Weighted chinups 2x8
Barbell curls 2x8
Squats/front squats 3x5
Abs exercises

Thursday/sunday:
OHP 3x5
Weighted dips 2x6
Preacher curls 2x8
Deadlift 1x5
Abs exercises
>>
>>36570590
wow rip looked good back in the day
>>
>>36571093
Cheers for the suggestions. With those variants would I do them at 75%?
>>
>>36571026

>Not trying to be a dick, but how are your numbers that low if you're such a heavy guy?

No worries brah, I started as a sedentary fat-cunt at 375. It's been about 10 months lifting on a deficit - though I've been cycling PSMFs for the last 2 months which has stalled all progress to a halt - though I've lost about 70 pounds in the process.

About a month ago I was at 170/225/260/365 for 5, but over-training combined with fatigue coupled with a ~3,000 calorie deficit has sapped all my strength. I realize now I've just got to cut-back and let the PSMF do it's thing.
>>
>>36571115
> Is that a good idea?
no. run it as is, or go on a different program. You will run yourself into the ground on that.

>>36570891
do skullcrushers instead of pushdowns. way better bang for buck

>>36570697
are you not doing any pushing for legs?

>>36570675
weird.
>250 1rm diddly
WEIRD
E
I
R
D

>>36570590
Do Dips/ Curls for B-day accessories
Do Rows/ lat raises on A day accessories.

Other then that, good.
Lifts are 1rms?
>>
File: 1458779199983.jpg (307 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1458779199983.jpg
307 KB, 500x750
Looking to have my upper body catch up to my lower body (was doing SS but my legs were already big and strong from mountain biking)

I really don't know what I'm doing, but I have a home gym. These are the exercises I think I need, just not sure if I am putting them on the correct days or if something would be better if it were tweaked a bit

A: Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Incline bench 3x8
Skullcrushers 3x8

B: Deadlift 1x5
Pendlay Row 3x5
OHP 3x5
Barbell Curl 3x8
Weighted Crunches 3x8

any tips or criticisms? haven't started this yet.
>>
>>36571230
just do a greyskull variant. Phraks is alright.
its very similar to what you got, except Johnny Pain does know what he is doing.
>>
>>36571093
>exchanging the chin-up with the bench press
>pendlay rows with shrugs
>deadlift with the OHP
I shall think about this. Thank you for your input.
>>
>>36571222
>are you not doing any pushing for legs?
I do deadlifts 2-3 times a week and bicycle HIIT with ramping resistance, working on mobility before incorporating squats.

Last time I started squatting my hip flexor was strained for 2-3 weeks.
>>
>>36571195
>those numbers
>with a 3000kcal deficit
Sweet Santa Maria, you fucking maniac. Good job with all the loss and maintaining some solid mass man, that's equally impressive timing. What's your end goal?
>>
>>36571297
yea deadlifting twice a week is great for building the posterior chain, but not so great for building juicy quads.

As long as you are planning on starting to squat, thats good then.
Took me a while to get mobility too. Put your heals on 5 lb plates, and look up the Justin Lascek's mobility tutorials. Helped loads.
>>
>>36571222

I like the idea of switching off with dips and rows. I'll order in a dip-bar attachment and give it a go once it comes in.

>lifts are 1rms

Nah, lifts are working weight. It's been a while since I've checked 1RM, IIRC it's something like: 195/255/285/380.

>>36571115

Seconding >>36571222

If you're looking for a 4 day routine check out Candito's Strength/Linear program - rock solid stuff. If you have to stay with Greyskull, the only thing you could do is add a hypertrophy/accessory day on Sunday to work on what's falling behind.

Pick and choose:

>Spoto press, incline bench, dumbbell bench
>Lying tricep extension, scull crushers
>Dips, chest flyes
>Dumbbell curls, hammer curls, reverse curls
>Dumbbell press, seated press, lateral raises, face pulls
>Pull-ups, chin-ups, barbell rows, dumbbell rows

>>36571152

Definitely 75%. Though the first time you try 'em there's no shame in going down to 60% or so to get a feel for the pause or the stretch on snatch-grip.

>>36571230

Bench to incline bench to skull-crushers back to back to back is a lot of strain on the triceps.

I'd go with:

>A
Bench: 3x5
Pendlay Row: 3x5
Lying Tricep Extension (a better version of the skull-crusher): 3x8

B:
Deadlift 1x5
OHP 3x5
Barbell Curl: 3x8
Incline Bench Press: 3x8

You get back work on both days, you can use the rows/curls to let your triceps recover for the next exercise, and ab-work can be done every day.

Personally, I only like weighted crunches if you can do them on a decline. Otherwise, get yourself and ab-wheel. If you can hang from a bar, hanging leg raises are also great.
>>
>>36570590

A:
>4-5 sets weighted pull ups (hanging leg raises after each set)
>5 sets OHP
>5 sets Dips

B:
>5 sets incline bench press
>5 sets squats
>3 sets pull ups (bicep grip)
>5 sets barbell rows
>3 sets weighted crunches

Rate please
>>
>>36571325

The protein sparring modified fast is a hell of a diet.

Planning on riding this out for just about more 10 weeks. I'm guessing I'll hit 220 20% bf by the time this is all said and done - hoping I can lift on a small surplus then, but I may have to run another 6 week cycle to get down to 15%. Though with all this loose skin I think my best bet is to shoot for ~260 ~20% body-fat.
>>
>>36571447
2/10
Atleast you are hitting compounds, but you rent doing so optimally.

>Beginners shouldn't make their own program.
>>
>>36571413
thanks bro. Yeah, you're right about the tricep thing, I didn't think about that. Plus I actually like benching so can look forward to either flat or incline every workout. I have an adjustable bench so I can do them on a decline, that was the plan originally anyways.

i'm this guy btw >>36571230
>>
How many exercises are too many?

Right now I'm doing SS + Chins, Dips, Skullcrushers and farmer's walks. Is that too much? i'm on a cut too btw
>>
>>36571413
Aight cheers man. I'll give the Snatch Grip a shot.

I'll do it 75% 3x5, but I'll do an extended warmup to get the movement going.

>>36570590
Another question:

I plan on cutting at the end of my SS, so I can bulk for TM.

What's a good program for cutting, so I can keep my lift numbers the same?
>>
>>36571476
Do you have any suggestions then? I dont want to do some SS shit and turn into a rippletoe
>>
I did PPLPPLx for a long time and simply skipped muscle groups if they felt overworked, but lately my chest has been getting extremely sore. I bench better with a week's rest and so I've settled on PLPushPL.
Push
>bb bench
>db incline bench
>ohp
>bb close grip bench
>cable tricep pushdowns
>db front lateral raises
>db lateral raises
Pull
>bb cheat curls
>db cross body hammer curls
>bb row
>db row
>chinups
>hex bar shrugs
>db shrugs
Legs
>squats
>leg curls
>leg extensions
>calf raises
big progress here, ladies.

>>36570675
that's not strange, that's lazy.
>>
>>36571413
Thanks anon. I guess I am going to stay on Greyskull because I am satisfied with the progress I made. Following your advice, I will try with various new lifts on Sunday. I am definitely not lagging behind with chin ups or curls but I might try some incline bench press for better OHP.
>>
>>36571492
lol why so much on a cut? all you need to do is maintain strength in your core lifts.
>>
>>36571518

How many sets and reps you faggot?
>>
>>36571556
After I switched up my diet I generally feel like I have more energy than I used to so if I got more gas in my tank at the gym I'll use it.
>>
>>36571503
'SS is a meme' is a meme.
You wont look like shit.
There are tons of other LP's too (Greyskull, SS, SL, 70s big LP, Candytoes LP).
Get on one and do it till you stall. I guarantee you will look better than if you do a) the program you wrote out, and b) some hypertrophy focussed ppl

Canditos, 70s big, and Greyskull have less squatting volume than SS or SL so check them out
>>
>>36571581
it may not last for long depending on how extreme the calorie cut is, lifting more weight wont put on any muscle in a caloric deficit so whats the point?
>>
>>36571484

Rock on, brother. I'd still suggest getting an ab-wheel anyway, they're pretty sick. Weighted crunches followed by the ab-wheel three times a week will have your core popping. Add in some russian/torture twists for oblique training if you want to go fridge-mode, stomach vacuums if you want a more classic look.

>>36571492

It depends on how severe your cut is and how heavy your accessories are. If you can handle it every workout, keep going. When it starts to get rough, I'd do chins/dips one day and SC(Look into the lying tricep extension though, a similar lift that hits more of the muscle)/FW the other.

>>36571498

It depends on how much you have to cut, what your lifts are, etc. In my experience the best method to cut is the PSMF combined with 2 days of lifting and LISS on off days.

If you're in intermediate territory it's really tough to make lasting gains on a cut (for example, in the last 2 months my bench went from 185 to 225 - stalled - then stalled again at 215). It's better to just cut the weight as fast as possible while consuming tremendous amounts of protein to preserve muscle mass, and working out occasionally to preserve strength/form. The PSMF accomplishes all of that handedly.

Though it's a ways off keep Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss Handbook in mind.
>>
>>36571598
allright, thanks bro
>>
File: eyebrows.gif (263 KB, 480x479) Image search: [Google]
eyebrows.gif
263 KB, 480x479
I need some help with my routine. I've been lifting SS for 2 months now, and I'd like to make my workout more time-efficient by working in accessory lifts during my rest periods on my big lifts.

A.
>3x5 Squat, work in 3xfail chinups
>3x5 Bench
>3x5 Deadlift (1x5 is too low volume, my back can handle this)

B.
>3x5 Squat, work in 3xfail chinups
>3x5 OHP
>3x5 Deadlift

The deadlift is easily my strongest and fastest progressing, and I need some extra work to help my bench/OHP and squat. My arms and calves are also thin, but this is a lower priority than getting my main lifts up.
>>
>>36571541

Remember, the hypertrophy day is for form/volume work. No need to lift like Godzilla. And keep in mind that you can always do the compounds for higher reps at a lighter weight - something like 3x8 at 75% 5RM or 2x10 at 70% 5RM.

>I might try some incline bench press for better OHP

Any delt/tricep work will have some carryover to the press. Good luck!
>>
>>36571608
I have an ab wheel. I don't use it often because I feel like my form is off and my lower back begins to feel uncomfortable
>>
I'm probably committing like 1000 /fit/ sins but I workout at Planet Fitness because it's the only place to go that I can afford.

A:
Incline smith machine bench: 5x5,6,8(RPT)
Shrugs: 3x12
Tricep extensions: 5x5
Lat pull down curls: 5x6
Cable rows: 5x5,6,8(RPT)

B:
Leg extensions: 5x15
Leg press: 4x20
Shoulder press: 5x8
Side raises: 3x8
Lat pulldown: 5x8

Should I do ABxABxx or ABxABAx?
Am I better ditching this shitty routine and do bodyweight?
>>
>>36571670
you are Deadlifting 3x a week using max effort.
Dont do this, it is dumb. Do your PCs
Your chinups idea might affect your bench and OHP, then again, it might not.
>>
So is doing 3-5x5 for chins a legit way to be able to start adding weight to it? I can do 3x8 chins (without added weight) now but I'm curious if I should lower it to 3x5 and just start adding weight progressively.

I always thought 3x5 was mainly for compound barbell lifts but I guess chins are a compound movement too, so 3x5 should work, correct?
>>
>>36571720
why not? I don't do PC's because I know my form is dogshit, and I don't have anyone to help me with them.

and noted about the chinups.
>>
>>36571670

No experience with super-setting SS squats but honestly that seems like a bad idea. Upping your DL to 3x5 is perfect for where you're probably at.

From the research I've done, LISS steady state cardio for 4 minutes between sets is the best option for inter-set work outs. Though you may look like a goof running to the exercise bike or doing jumping jacks after all your weighted sit-downs (homegym masterrace). The best thing you could do is get better at resting - slow, deep breathing to give your muscles plenty of oxygen, focus on your lifts, keep up your intensity.

If you're worried about arms, start now not later. I'd suggest throwing in chins(3xF)/LTE(3x8) on A days and pullups(3xF)/curls(3x8) on B days.

As for calves, the best way to train them is to be morbidly obese for 10 years and then cut down. Otherwise, jumping rope works pretty well.
>>
>>36571720
>>36571774

This is why including your working weight is important. Anon's been on SS for two months, which means he's still in Phase 1 - where you traditionally DL 1x5 every session. Personally, I feel like DL 3x5 is fine if you're working with less than 2 pl8.

After about 4 months in Phase I it's time to move over to Phase II - alternating DL's and PC's (or rows). This is where I'd drop DL's back to 1x5 (or go with 3x3 - it's about the same).

>>36571756

>I always thought 3x5 was mainly for compound barbell lifts but I guess chins are a compound movement too, so 3x5 should work, correct?

You got it. Generally you want to be able to do 3x8-12 on your chins before you start adding weight - depends on how heavy you are and all that.
>>
>>36571774
>why not? I don't do PC's because I know my form is dogshit, and I don't have anyone to help me with them.

deadlifts are fucking exhausting. Doing them 3x5, 3x a week while fucking destroy you. Powerlifters dont even deadlift maximally 3x a week, and they are probably the only people that would have a solid excuse to.
If you really wanna deadlift 3x a week, then do variations. Do snatchgrip one day, and rack pulls one day, and full deads on one.
In my opinion though, you will be missing a lot from excluding rows or PCs. They both offer a lot of unique benefits.
>>
>>36571843
So because I can do 3x8 for bodyweight chins (I'm 160lbs) it's cool to start adding weight?

And I should start at 3x5 then work up to 3x8 before adding more weight?
>>
as >>36571843 said, >>36571845 I am assuming that you can diddly more than 2pl8
>>
>>36571887

I dunno bro, I'd stick with 3x5, adding 5 pounds after every successful session. When you can't add 5 pounds, add 2.5 pounds instead, or work towards 3x8.
>>
>>36571934
Alright sounds like a plan, thanks brah
>>
>>36571670
I was doing the exact same thing with my deadlifts and they gradually slowed down. I think it was month 4 when DLs got too damn heavy for me to do multiple times a week and I felt like my upper body was progressing slowly overall because I wasn't getting some of the additional work cleans give.

2pl8 was my diddy limit before i had to stop doing that shit 3 times a week but im a fuckin skeleton
>>
File: kCIuu.gif (2 MB, 576x323) Image search: [Google]
kCIuu.gif
2 MB, 576x323
>>36571780
>>36571843
>>36571845

A.
>3x5 Squat
>3x5 Bench
>3x5 Deadlift
>3xF Chinup
>3x8 Lying Triceps Extension

B.
>3x5 Squat
>3x5 OHP
>3x5 Row
>3xF Pullup
>3x8 Bicep Curl

This will take a little longer, so I guess I'll try to shave time off my warmup sets. I also row during my rest days (nothing too heavy, it seems my body can take the recovery), so it ends up looking like ArBrArx, BrArBrx. I currently weigh ~152lb. If anyone has suggestions to shave down time, I'd love to hear them.

>>36571966
Seems apt for me to switch then. I'm just about at 2pl8 and starting to require over-under (though I'd really prefer double overhand).
>>
>>36570590
what's your psmf diet? mine is anywhere from 800 to 1200 cals a day of chicken, fish, and veggies, trying to hit my proton goals first of all.

down 11lbs in 2 weeks
>>
>>36570590
Your 3pl Deadlift is 33% heavier than your 2pl squat. That seems strange. Your squat is only 25 pounds heavier than your Bench... that is very odd. And you OHP more than you Powerclean. Which defies physics. Are you the matrix?
>>
so i basically ended up being busy/lazy and havent gone to the gym for 2 months since i didnt think i'd get much stronger during my cut
whats a good routine for someone who just wants to lose weight faster
or should i just start jogging or something
>>
Week 1:
Monday:
Squat 5x5 ramping
Bottom rack squat 5x1 ramping
barbell curls 5x5 ramping
fat grip hammer curls to press 2x3
2 sets of dead hangs for time
weighted situps 1x20

Thursday:
TB Deadlift 5x5 ramping
incline bench 5x5 ramping
floor press 5x1 ramping
chinups 4x5 ramping
wrist curls/ farmers walks 2 sets
hanging leg raises 1x20

Wk 2:
monday:
squat 5/4/3/2/1 ramping
bottom rack squats 5x3 ramping
barbell curls 5x2 ramping
farmers hold 4 sets for time
weighted situps 1x20

wednesday:
incline bench 5/4/3/2/1
floor press 5/4/3/2/1
pulldowns 4x5 ramping
zercher carries 4 sets as far as possible

friday:
clean and press 5x2 ramping
power cleans 5x1 ramping
farmers walks 4x as far as possible

i post dis all the time and no one comments :(
>>
>>36572039

200 grams of whey protein daily + supplements + a tablespoon of flax-seed oil. It honestly feels like I'm preparing for the inevitable cyber-punk dystopia ahead.

Instead of the 'regular' meals Lyle McDonald suggests I eat a low-carb cheat meal - for example today I had 16 oz of stir-fried top sirloin shawarma and a cup of broccoli, Sunday I had 16 oz of fried tilapia with a half pound of okra & beef stew. I've found this has absolutely no impact on weight loss - the additional fat just helps the body sink deeper into ketosis. In the first 6 week cycle I used the 'regular' meal method 0-2 times a week - I found it always stalled progress by a day.

In the first 6 week run I dropped from 345 to 292 - so 53 pounds in 42 days. After a 2 week re-feed I was back up to 303 with all the glycogen/water/shit. The last two weeks of this cycle have dropped me from 303 to 279.

The only reason I'm sticking with the whey is because I bulk ordered 30 pounds of the stuff. The best way to take it would be half your protein from whey and half your protein from lean meats with veggies/salad. It's way easier to meet your macros that way.

GOAT-tier snack: Slice cucumber, toss with salt, pepper, lemon juice, and a splash of balsamic vinegar.

>>36572085

I hate squats. It's an awkward exercise to do when you're coming out of a super-sedentary, morbidly-obese lifestyle. Luckily, some fampai in /plg/ linked Max Aita teaching the squat - after watching that my squats finally feel like something other than an attempt to crush myself in the hole.

My power clean was around 185 - but somewhere along the way I developed a habit of using my arms instead of the explosion to levitate the bar. Gotta de-load to unlearn that bad habit.
>>
>>36572039
>800cals a day
>4kg in 2 weeks
>>
>20 push ups, 20 squats, 10 pull ups, 20 sit ups, rest 2 min, repeat x 5
>rest 10 min
>fast jog to work, ~4 miles with a 25 lbs pack
been doing this every workday for slightly over 4 years now
feels p gud to stay fit while bypassing all that gym bullshit
>>
Military bros, anyone got a solid routine for deployment on a ship where gym equipment is limited / almost non existent?

The ship I'm going to has jack shit on board
>>
Here is a one day sample, I work out mondays wednesdays and fridays always, and I throw in a random workout day whenever I have time.
Monday- Decline Day
Decline bench-165x12
Bench-185x12
Lat Pulldowns/pullups (until exhaustion) (generally put on weight that I can't do more than 10) generally 3 sets of 20 pullups
Traps- barbell shrugs (I hurt my knee like a pleb so now I just do shoulder raises with pl8ts)
Triceps- Cable machine or skull crushers if my joints are not being neets
Biceps- Start out with 45's then decrease weight till exhaustion.
>>
File: 1411975701823.jpg (2 MB, 2481x6600) Image search: [Google]
1411975701823.jpg
2 MB, 2481x6600
>>36572463
>>36573224
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 701x478) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 701x478
I don't have a set routine, I just do PPL and do whatever the hell I feel like doing, as long as it fits those days. Generally in the gym for an hour and a half, plus cardio if I feel like it. Am I gunna make it brahs?
>>
A
Fedora Dips 5/5/5+
Weighted chin ups 5/5/5+
Squats 5/5/5+

B
Kettlebell Press 3x8
Seated Cable Row 3x8
Kettlebell Swings 3x16
Woodchopers 2x8

C
OHP 5/5/5+
Weighted Pull ups 5/5/5+
Diddly 1x5+

D
DB Bench 3x8
Close grip pulldown 3x8
DB Luncges 3x8
2 Planks variations

Thinking of transitioning to this after a few months on GSLP, aiming for more mass and slower but consistent strength gainz. thoughts?
>>
>>36573383
Fantastic.

Thank you.
>>
>Bro Split
Chest and Back
Arms
Legs
Back and Chest
Shoulders

If I add Tri's to Chest/Back day and Bi's to Back/Chest day would that be overtraining my arms?
They're my shittest feature and I need them to grown
>>
>>36573642
also this is going to sound super fucken retarded but I'm a little desperate. Long story short I bulked, gained a lot of mass, started my cut, moved and got screwed on my diet and basically maintained fat and lost muscle, it sucked, so I decided to stick to my cut because I'd rather a physique over mass.
But my arms look shocking, so if I bulked on days I trained arms and stuck to my cut on all other days would my arms grow or will it just fuck my body in a weird way?

>tl;dr Can I bulk on arms day and cut on others?
>>
>>36573406
yeah probably but try doing a 5x5 compound at the start of each session (squat/DL for legs, weighted pullups/rows/DL for pull and OHP/BP for push) and try get progressive overload for those. Progressive overload is the main thing you have to focus on as a natty to get stronger AND bigger.
>>
>>36573527

GSLP is a good enough program to merit sticking with until you hit intermediate lifts - give it 10-12 months, rather than just a couple.

Kettlebell Swings are GOAT tier HIIT cardio.

>>36573406

I have a buddy who does this, he comes over and uses my homegym every once in a while. The dude has been going at it for 6 months and has achieved noticeable gains.

As long as you go at it hard and keep it up 3-4 times a week you'll make gains. Without a routine though those gains can be all over the place.

Make sure you stick to a couple lifts and follow >>36574020 's advice.

>>36573642
>>36573872

Bro-splits aren't really worth it until you're in intermediate/advanced tier. If you add arm training to your chest/back days you'll also encounter some fatigue on the following arms day - especially if you're cutting. I'd say look into PHUL.

It's a 4 day routine split between both upper/lower and strength/hypertrophy - which is just about right when you're on a deficit.
>>
>>36574238
PHUL looks sick, only thing I'm not digging is too many rest days and not enough focus on shoulders
>>
Tuesday
OHP 5/3/1
Squat 5x5
Leg accessories (hip ab/ad, etc)

Thursday
Deadlift 5/3/1
W. Chin-ups (3xF #45 currently)
Face pulls
Rows 3xF heavy.

Saturday
Squat 3x5
Leg accessories
Weighted dips 3xF
Bicep accessories.

squat 365 for 5-8.
DL 445 for 1.
OHP 175 for 1.
15-20 BW chin-ups

5'11 230.

My numbers are stuck here and moving slow. Hence the 5/3/1 stuff. No benching because shoulder. Chest is big with dips + OHP.

Any recommendations? Should I scrap everything and go to a body part split? I love the simplicity of this and that I can workout for an hour and be done. But I want better aesthetics. It's hard to cut when you're obsessed with strength.
>>
>>36574383

If you want to pop the shoulders, you can always add some delt-work on your leg days. Yeah, it breaks the program, but I don't see anything wrong with doing volume face-pulls/rear-delt cable-rows/lateral raises and the like with a rest day between your next upper day.

As you're cutting, I'd say go with LISS or HIIT cardio on your off-days, combined with some active stretching. You can also do ab-work every day, and things like grease-the-groove pull-ups without too much interference with your routine.

>>36574397

See if you can do lying tricep extensions and lateral raises without shoulder pain - both should help with your OHP progression. You've already got face-pulls for your rear delts, lat-raises will hit the medial delt. Look into getting some micro-plates for the press as well - 175 is about where it gets hard to progress in 5 pound increments. You can also do some volume OHP work to help progress - something like 3x8 at 70% of your 1RM. You kind of have to chip away at it.

If you really want to progress, you may want to move to something like PHUL or Candito's Linear Strength/Control. I'd suggest the latter in your case, as it allows for a lot of customization. The pause work should help tremendously with your squat/DL - I'd also suggest playing around with the spoto press. I have some pretty gnarly shoulder/delt problems and the paused bench press is what actually lets me progress on that lift.
>>
File: 1454360580791.jpg (268 KB, 1285x537) Image search: [Google]
1454360580791.jpg
268 KB, 1285x537
PUSH A
BP 5x3
BP AMRAP 80% of working set
Behind head OHP 3x10
Weighted dips 3x10
Cable crossover 5x10
Tricep extension 5x10
Lateral raise 5x10

PULL A
DL5x3
DL AMRAP 80%
Chin ups 3x10
Chest supported rows 3x10
Shrug 5x10
Barbell curl 5x10
Cable rear delt fly 5x10

LEGS A
Squat 5x3
Squat AMRAP 80%
Good mornings 3x10
Leg press 3x10
Hyperextensions 5x10
Seated leg curl 5x10
Standing calf raise 5x10

PUSH B
OHP 5x3
OHP AMRAP 80%
Incline Bench 3x10
Narrow grip bench 3x10
Machine fly 5x10
Tricep pulldown 5x10
Cable lat raise 5x10

PULL B
Snatch grip DL 5x3
Snatch grip DLAMRAP 80%
Barbell row 3x10
Pullup 3x10
Dumbbell row 5x10
Incline dumbbell curl 5x10
Machine rear delt fly 5x10

LEGS B
Front squat 5x3
Front squat AMRAP 80%
RDL 3x10
Glute bridge 3x10
Dumbbell lunge 5x10
Leg extension 5x10
Hanging leg raise 5x10

PRs:
BP: 185 lbs
OHP: 120 lbs
Squat: 275 lbs
DL: 340 lbs

5'11" 185lbs

Been doing this program I found online somewhere for a week and a half now and already saw my numbers for my working sets improve a bit. I find the second leg day especially brutal, didn't realize how much I was neglecting my glutes and hams till I couldn't walk the day after. My only issue with it is that I feel like I'm neglecting my core with all the other volume work taking up all my time. Any thoughts on this on this program? I've been lifting for six months now and am currently working on bulking up to be able to do 1/2/3/4 for my working sets
>>
>>36574551
Thanks heaps dude. You're probably the only helpful person on this site haha
>>
>>36574634

That is a massive amount of volume. If you can rock it, rock it mang. Be sure to eat a shit ton - working out like that every day is going to be burning at maybe 1,000 calories. Keep your protein intake up at 1 g/lb of lbm - it's a lot but you're also trying to take on an 'enhanced' routine natty.

Looking through it:
>Behind the head OHP
I do not like this exercise personally, you'd be better off with dumbbell ohp
>Tricep extension
Lying Tricep Extension is GOAT for tricep accessories
>I'd go with 3x6-8 on your front-squats and snatch-grip deadlifts - both of which should be at about 80% of your 5RM.

With that much volume on everything you're not really hurting for more ab-work.

The problem is, unless you're eating something like 3,000 - 4,000 calories a day you're going to start stalling out. If you bulk dirty you're going to gum up your machine, and eating a clean 4,000 calories is a trial. Run with it for as long as you can, but look into Candito's Linear Strength/Control program for a more sustainable routine.
>>
>>36574724
Thanks man appreciate the input. I have actually upped my average daily intake to 3000+ calories so I'll see how long I'll keep this up.
>>
this is a pretty popular routine on bodybuilding.com

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169172473

what do outsiders think of it
>>
File: seiza-720x340.jpg (61 KB, 720x340) Image search: [Google]
seiza-720x340.jpg
61 KB, 720x340
I'm a rookie. All comments welcome.

It took me ages to translate my routine into English, but here we go:

## Warm up ##

20 minutes bike, averaging 137-141 bpm

## Actual session ##

Each part has alternate series.
E.g. 3xA, 3xB and 3xC = ABC ABC ABC.

# Part 1 #

3 x 12 Dumbell Flyes (currently, 2 x 12.5 Kg)
3 x 12 One Arm Dumbell Row (currently, 15 Kg)
3 x 20 Sprints (I don't know how to translate this: I stay in push-up position and then alternate: right foot forward, then left foot forward).

# Part 2 #

3x12 Cable row (32 Kg)
3x12 Atomic push-ups
3x12 Jump squats

# Part 3 #

3x12 Barbell curls (currently 15 Kg)
3x12 Kettlebell full body exercise, 12 Kg (I squat and then stand up and raise my arms)

# Part 4 #

3x12 Leg press (90 Kg and growing)
3x8 Burpees

## Specific exercises ##

As directed by physiotherapist (because my calves are undertrained)

2x25 Calf raises
2x10 Single leg butt lifts

## Cool down ##

5 minutes brisk walk

## Stretching ##

Full stretching routine (I won't go into details)

## Meditation ##

Up to 20 minutes mindfulness and breathing relaxation.
>pic related
My preferred position.
>>
When should I add light squat days to SS?
>>
What do you guys think of candito's linear program? I've been thinking of doing it after my 3rd or 4th month on SS.
>>
>>36575118

This routine is fine if you're trying to build a foundation for fitness. However, after a few months it will take you as far as it can. At that point, I'd recommend hitting the free-weights or moving onto a more rigorous body-weight exercise regiment.

>3 x 20 Sprints (I don't know how to translate this: I stay in push-up position and then alternate: right foot forward, then left foot forward).

I believe those are called Mountain Climbers, friendpai.

>>36575138

When squatting heavy 3 times a week starts to kill you. I'd imagine it's somewhere near 3 pl8. Rather than doing lighter squats at more volume, look into paused squats at 70% of your 5RM.

>>36575156

It's a fantastic program, absolutely. The only problem is Candito pushes the OHP to the sidelines - I would suggest waiting to switch over from SS to CLP until you hit a respectable press. That may be 1pl8 to you, may be more, may be less.
>>
>>36570590
>youngrippletits.jpg
>>
File: Mountain Climbers.jpg (99 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Mountain Climbers.jpg
99 KB, 1920x1080
>>36575235
>This routine is fine if you're trying to build a foundation for fitness. However, after a few months it will take you as far as it can. At that point, I'd recommend hitting the free-weights or moving onto a more rigorous body-weight exercise regiment.
Thank you, senpai.

In fact, when I had been given these exercises, they were meant to last for 8 weeks and then go for review.

They were also meant to combine cardio and lifting because I didn't have much time.

However, I mistakenly interrupted. So now I'm back and want to meet this 8 weeks goal no matter what.

I read the pinned post and it says you shouldn't rely much on personal trainers, but here in Australia people need to be qualified to practice and mine looks fit and didn't speak bullshit to me.

>I believe those are called Mountain Climbers, friendpai

That's it! Thank you again!
>>
Is my routine respectable?
I have Monday through Friday dedicated to specific muscle groups with Sunday as ab day. So:
>Chest day: BB bench, incline, decline, incline DB flies, middle press, and various others depending on how I want to mix it up
>Shoulders: seated OHP, lateral/front/rear delt raises, DB OHP, upright rows, shrugs
>Back: deadlifts(traditional of course), then it's on to weighted pull ups, BB rows, lat pull downs, DB rows, flies, and various others I'll mix in on any given day. Just depends
>Arms: CG bench, BB curls, French press, alt DB curls, skull crush, isolated preacher curls, lying tricep extensions, hammer curls, rope pull downs.
>Legs: squats(regular bar positioning), front squats, BB lunges, various hamstring exercise, calf raises.

Note that all of these are done with 5-6 sets in the 4-8 rep range.

Stats: 5'8", 185lbs, 22 years, 12% BF
Bench: currently 315, PR 365
Deadlift: currently 455, PR 500
Squat: currently 405, PR 455
OHP: 185x5 but PR is 205
I've been on cut for a while. Most of these PR's were from a few months ago when I was around 205lbs.
>>
how and when to incorporate front squats into SS? i have an issue with the "good morning squat" and everyone says this occurs due to a lack of quad strength
>>
File: o.jpg (134 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
134 KB, 1000x665
>>36575235
>free-weights
Is this >>36573383 what you mean with "free weights"? Or do you mean pic related?

Moreover, I have a question for who posted this:
>>36573383
Is this a no-weight routine just to keep in shape when nothing is available to you (e.g. during a mission and with no equipment) or would it be optimal per se?
>>
Full Body

AxBxAxx

I love this. It hits chest, shoulders, back(twice), arms, legs every workout. I should hit 1/2/3/4 by the end of the year.

A
Barbell Bench - 80kg
Wide upright row - 30kg
Pullups - 4 x 7
Rear Delt wide cable row
Squats - 90kg
Hammer Curls - 30kg
Tricep dips - 3 x F
DB calves/shrugs - 3 x 40kg

B
OHP with BB - 50kg
Barbell Row - 60kg
BB Deadlift - 110kg
Bench Chest fly - 25kg
Biceps - ez bar curl
Tricep cables- 40kg
Ab bridge - 3 x 45seconds
>>
>>36575332
Isn't that really more of a form thing? If your weight is so heavy that you're bending forward you should probably wear a belt. Also remember to concentrate on resting the weight on your heels rather than your toes. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong though I don't want to be feeding anyone any bullshit
>>
>>36575286

Nice fucking stats man - to the rest of the anons in here, that's about where you need to be to make a bro-split work.

The only suggestions I have are: do abs every day instead of just Sundays. Changing up the days could help prevent muscular fatigue from dragging you down:

>Chest - tris/pecs
>Legs - hams/quads/glutes
>Shoulders - delts/tris
>Back - lats/core/s.e./quads
>Arms - tris/bis/brach/lats

This may prevent fatigue from rolling over from muscle group to muscle group day by day.

Some GOAT exercises I've had great success with:

>Wrist-rolling will bulk the hell out of your flexors and extensors.
>Paused squats/DL are great assistance exercises
>Suitcase deadlift is fun as fuck
>Explosive barbell shrugs blow the traps up

Good luck, brah.
>>
Candito 6 week program. Lifts went up
OHP--> 140
Bench-->215
Squat-->365
Diddly-->325

Squat's ahead of didly cuz starting out I loved squatting waaaaay too much.
>>
File: c.jpg (74 KB, 425x680) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
74 KB, 425x680
Modified Coolcicadas PPL to include DLs plus DL accesorry work

Push day is the same
Pull day:
Barbell Rows-4x5
Diddies-warmupx12 , 295x2x6, one or two heavy pulls for a double usually around 350-375 for one
Romanian Diddies usually 2 sets of 225 at 12 reps per
Yates Rows- 135 for about 15 reps 3 sets
Bicep work and some sort of back accesorys all 3xF
Leg day: Squats, leg press, etc etc

5'7 160
220 280 375
>>
>>36575373
>>36575373
Thank you based anon. I forgot to mention I do ab work every other day on top of that with HIIT. Sorry bout that. So you're saying I should start a split routine soon? I'll probably try that when I go back on bulk. And definitely going to try the exercises you listed.
>>
>>36571145
This is not him, this is Sheiko
>>
>>36575455

DL is a leg exercise you dummy.
>>
File: 8jcv8.jpg (503 KB, 4500x3371) Image search: [Google]
8jcv8.jpg
503 KB, 4500x3371
>>36575455
>pic
Is she photoshop or just a 13 y.o. upper chest with the legs of Usain Bolt?
>>
Lifting for a bit over a year and just started my second bulk, doing a modified PHAT routine to increase strength and size. Pic related is me currently. 5 rep weights are 95kg bench, 150kg squat and 160kg diddly.
Criticism would be greatly appreciated

Upper Body Power Day

Pendly Row/BB Row 3x5 80kg
Weighted Pull Ups 3x6-10 16kg
Bench Press 3x5 92.5kg
Weighted Dips 3x6-10 24kg
Standing OHP 3x6-10 50kg
EZ Bar Curls 3x6-10 Ez+20kg
Skull Crushers 3x6-10 20kg

Lower Body Power Day

Squats/Deadlifts 3x5
SLDL 3x6-10
Standing Calf Raises 3x8-12
Hanging Knee Raises 4x15-20
Ab Roller 4x15-20

Back and Shoulder Hypertrophy Day

Pendlay Row 3x8-12
Lat Pulldown 3x8-12
Seated Cable Rows 3x8-12
Dumbbell Rows 2x12-15
Close Grip Pulldown 2x15-20
Dumbbell Shoulder Press 3x8-12
Face Pulls 3x15-20
Side Lateral Raises 3x12-20

Lower Body Hypertrophy Day

Squats 70% Weight 6x3
Leg Press 3x8-12
Lying Leg Curls 3x12-15
Standing Calf Raises 3x10-15
Woodchoppers 3x15-20
Hanging Knee Raises 4x15-20
Ab Roller 4x15-20

Chest and Arms Hypertrophy Day

Dumbbell Bench Press 3x8-12
Incline Dumbbell Press 3x8-12
Hammer Chest Press 3x12-15
Chest Fly 2x15-20
EZ Bar Curls 3x8-12
Dumbbell Concentration Curls 2x12-15
Hammer Curls 2x15-20
Skullcrushers 3x8-12
Rope Pushdowns 2x12-15
Kickbacks 2x15-20
>>
>>36575496
It's a pull bro
>>
>>36575519
It's a curl bro
>>
>>36575497
no photoshop, she is that perfect naturally
>>
>>36575332

>everyone says this occurs due to a lack of quad strength

Exactly, you would think it's because your back is collapsing, but rather the weight is shifting to where your body knows you can carry it. Because your quads are weak, it goes to the spinal erectors to get back home.

Check out this video while keeping your form in mind - you may be extending your knees to early when you're coming out of the hole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrwiddA_8CQ

>>36575344

>free-weights

Barbell and dumbbell exercises. Both Starting Strength and GreySkull LP are fantastic beginner routines. After 6-8 months you can move onto something like Candito's Linear Strength/Control for a more personal exercise routine. Googling any of those routines will provide you with plenty of resources.

>>36573383

Is one of the better bodyweight routines. If you can get through the whole thing (which will take a good 8 months if you're starting as a beginner and your weight isn't going to hold you back) you'll be at just about 80% mastery when it comes to bodyweight. From there you can go into gymnastics or rock-climbing and kill it.

>>36575353

Solid, reminds me of GreySkull LP in a good way.

>>36575370

I find it's best to keep your toes up - taking them out of the picture entirely - and keep your weight evenly distributed across the whole foot. You still push up through your heels, but you keep the weight over your mid-foot.

>>36575409

Fantastic. Time to do as Candito do and run CLP for 3-6 months before running another C6W - you'll be pausing 6 pl8 DL's in no time, brah.
>>
>>36575469

Ah, nah man - run that same routine just move the days around a bit. If I'm not mistaken, you're currently running:

Chest/Shoulders/Back/Arms/Legs/x/Abs

Try Chest/Legs/Shoulders/Back/Arms/x/Abs+Stretching to give your pushing muscles some time to recover before you push again.

>>36575496

If the diddly ain't so heavy it's working every muscle in your body hard enough to bug your eyes out, you ain't doing the program.

>>36575512

That is a shit ton of volume. If you manage to get a clean, consistent 3,000 to 4,000 calories it will take you far.

Some short suggestions:

>Pull-ups/chin-ups to Back and Shoulder Hypertrophy day
>Paused Squats 6x4 at 70% 5RM on Lower Body Hypertrophy day
>Lying Tricep Extensions instead of Skullcrushers.
>Wrist-rolling will cause your forearms to explode. Roll up the rope clockwise & counter-clockwise to train both your extensors and flexors. Do this shit slow, controlled, with light weight. Either 4x4 alternate flex/ext from day to day, or go 3x5 ext/3x5 flex.
>>
>Day 1
Squats 3x5
Leg Press 3x5
Shrugs 3x15-20
OHP 3x5
Arnold Press 3x5
Calf raises 3x20
Hamstring Curls 3x8 each leg
Lateral Raises 3x8

>Day 2
Deadlift 2 warmup sets of 5, 1 work set of 5
Bent over rows 3x6
Twenty-ones 3x21
Lat Pulldowns 3x8
Seated Cable rows 3x8
Dumbbell curls 3x5 each arm
Hyperextensions 3x10

>Day 3
Bench Press 3x5
Incline Bench 3x5
Dips 3x15
Incline Arnold Press 3x8
Chest Flyes 3x8
Tricep Extensions 3x8

I'm also going to add swimming back in on every other day. Not really decided on my routine for that though.
Recently added in a five mile run every other rest day as well.
>>
>>36575698
Thanks brah. We're all gonna make it. Gonna do the old switcheroo on my routine next week and I'll be thinking of you
>>
File: 2016-02-03 16.49.30-1.png (228 KB, 1004x846) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-03 16.49.30-1.png
228 KB, 1004x846
Can anyone recommend a good routine similar to pic related? I've been using this one for a while now, but I feel like it's loosing its effectiveness.
>>
25 yr old 6'1 195lb weak skinnyfat nerd here. Complete weak baby. Can only bench like 110 lbs 3X6. No pullups, Squat isn't worth listing. 10 minutes of medium cardio makes me drip with sweat.

I want to gain muscle and lose weight. Would prefer to be at 170-175. with 30 lbs of fat lost and the rest be gained back as muscle. Also want to be able to bench more than body weight. I'd like to make this happen within a year.

What should I focus on first? Losing my fat weight or putting on muscle? When should I start doing cardio so I don't struggle on a 4 mile walk? I'm so horrible in all areas so not really sure where to start.
>>
File: 4iqm6hV.png (466 KB, 812x594) Image search: [Google]
4iqm6hV.png
466 KB, 812x594
>>36575830
i'd say concentrate on strength training first and get a good base on a clean well researched bulk.

When your lifts are where you want them then look into cutting. Youre so far behind the 8ball at this point that you need some sort of base to work off of. A cut is just gonna fuck you even more.
>>
File: 1442194985171.jpg (101 KB, 566x841) Image search: [Google]
1442194985171.jpg
101 KB, 566x841
Sup everyone. It's been a while.

The new sticky is still a WIP, but if you want to check the current state of it, you can visit https://fitsticky.squarespace.com/
There's already plenty of great content there, specially if you're a novice.

Still lots of stuff missing, but I'm putting all my free time into finishing it. Hopefully I can properly do a full release later this week.

>>36575787

Try switching the 3x5 for 3x3 (keep using the same weight and doing the same weekly increases). This will allow you to progress quite a lot.

What you can also do is trim down the routine and focus on fewer main lifts. It's easier to progress when you aren't trying to progress on so many lifts at the same time.

>>36575830

Do SS https://fitsticky.squarespace.com/starting-strength
Small caloric deficit (100-200kcal)
Cardio on the off days
>>
>>36576040
>lmmediateIy advertising cIick bait buIIshit to your space site after getting b &
>Being this much of an attention whore when other peopIe make these threads

What a faggot.
>>
File: 1436678257119.jpg (22 KB, 395x428) Image search: [Google]
1436678257119.jpg
22 KB, 395x428
>>36576096

Newfriend, please.
>>
>>36575787

I suggest you take a look at:

>PHUL
Power/Hypertrophy Upper/Lower
>PHAT
Power/Hypertrophy Adaptive Training
>C6W into CLP
Alternating between Candito's 6 Week routine followed by 3-4 months of Candito's Linear Strength/Control Program

If The Press isn't a priority for you I'd suggest you hit up Candito's methods - the dude is a beast.

>>36575830

I agree with >>36575903 but because you're a rank beginner you won't need to bulk. Especially since most of the early strength gains are due to CNS conditioning. I'd suggest you pull a pseudo recomp.

>Calculate your BMR
>Eat 200-300 calories over your BMR - eat as clean as you can manage
>Estimate your body fat and lean body mass
>Eat .8 grams of protein per pound of lean body mass - going over is better than going under
>Start Starting Strength
>Run c25k on off-days

Your weight will stay around 190 but you will be burning fat and gaining muscle if you push yourself on the weights and during cardio. As your weights go up, conservatively increase your caloric intake. You're trying to stay just over your TDEE. Eventually add the proper accessories to your program: chin-ups/pull-ups/curls/turkish get-ups/whatever you want. In 8-12 months (depending on how you progress) you can do a legit cut down to 180.
>>
>>36576096
>implying trappy got banned and didn't leave of her own volition
>>
>>36576040

Babe, brOatz has been pacing back and forth at the top of page 0 for years now. If that bastard got me to where I am, it can get any other anon to further than where I'm at because they don't have to fuck around with a severed AC ligament.

>https://fitsticky.squarespace.com/

The sticky is supposed to be the tutorial level. That beast is Ninja Gaiden status. That's the whole game right there. Good looking game, tbf fampai.
>>
>>36570590
Just started greyskull lp with a few modifications

A:
>dumbbell press 2x5/1x5+
>front squat 2x5/1x5+
>weighted pull up 2x6-8
>curl 2x10

B:
>shoulder press 2x5/1x5+
>deadlift 1x5+
>yates row 2x8
>lateral raises 2x8

Also 100 push ups a day and bodyweight pull ups 2 sets to failure
>>
ABCxABC

A
Legs and Shoulders
Barbell Squat 5x6 = 120KG
OHP 5x6 = 47.5KG
Side Lateral Raises 3x12 = 10KG
Front Raises 3x15 = 12KG
Calf Raises 3x25 = 120KG
Crunches 5KG 3x60 F15
Crunches 10KG 3x50 F15

B
Back and Biceps
Deadlift 3x5 = 137.5KG
Barbell Rows 3x12 = 75KG
Pull-ups 3x6 = 10KG
Dumbell Rows 3x12 = 32KG
Barbell Shrugs 3x15 = 100KG
EZ Bar Curls 3x10 = 32.5KG
Hammer Curls 3x10 = 12KG
Ab Coaster = 3x55 F15

C
Chest and Triceps
Bench Press 5x5 = 72.5KG
Dips 3x10 = 20KG
Incline DB Press 3x10 = 20KG
Calble Flyes 3x8 = 12.5KG
Skullcrushers 3x10 = 30KG
Close-Grip Bench 3x10 = 30KG
Plank 3x135s

I'm doing this modified version of OCB's routine. Been wanting to add in Facepulls and Wrist Curls but not sure. This is already quite a lot, any tips or general ideas?
Cheers
>>
>>36576040
fuck of again
>>
>>36570590
>A
Incline Bench
Squat
Rows
Dips
Bicep Iso
Rear Delt Iso
>B
OHP
Front Squat
Deadlift
Chins
Tricep Iso
Side Delt Iso

Standard full body frequency amd rotation, etc.

Sets and reps are usually 3 of 4-6 for the heavy compounds and weighted chins/dips, and whatever I feel like for the isolation stuff (depending on weight used).

Seems balanced though, been doing it for a while and always leave the gym feeling like I've hit everything and made progress in some way.
>>
Would love feedback on my routine. Still a novice lifter, been at it almost a month.

Push

Bench 3x10
Dumbell Flys 3x10
Military Press 3x10
Tricep extentions 3x10
Shrugs 3x10
Lat Raises 3x10

Legs

Squats 3x10
Leg Curls 3x10
Leg Press 3x10
Leg Ext 3x10

Pull

Curls 3x10
Lat Pull Down 3x10
Cabel Row 3x10
Rope Pull Down 3x10
Dumbell Row 3x10
Hammer Curls 3x10
>>
>>36578074
I forgot Dumbell Press 3x10
>>
>Push
OHP 5x5
Incline BP 5x5
Sises raises 5x10
Pull-over 5x10
Triceps pushdown (cable) 5x10
(Alternate OHP & BP each days)
>Pull
Lats pulldown 5x5 (too fat to pullup yet)
Yate's Row 5x5
FacePull 5x10
DB curls 5x10
Hammer Curls 5x10
Farmer walks 3 Sets
(Again, alternate lats and rows each days)
>Legs & Core
High bar squats 5x5
Deadlifts 5x5
Hamsting curls 5x10
Planks 3xF
Stomach vacuums 3xF

PPLPPxx

Who /hateflatbench/ here ?
>>
File: 5XytAu8.jpg (534 KB, 1836x2448) Image search: [Google]
5XytAu8.jpg
534 KB, 1836x2448
What about this Texas method derived 4-day split? My only concern is the fact the singles and triples for presses. Why would you do that? (Unless you are a competing powerlifter obviously)
>>
>>36570590
I need some help making an intermediate PPL split. I don't know how to progress when linear progression stops, I can't make any more progress doing SS and I've been doing it for 3 months. and deloaded at least 3 times for each lift.
>>
File: 2874121.jpg (18 KB, 385x500) Image search: [Google]
2874121.jpg
18 KB, 385x500
>>36578492
Forgot to post my goal body
>pic related goal
King of the manlets
>>
>>36578420
What's your goal? If strength, I'd suggest benching and pressing 3 times per week and doing more sets in the big lifts. If purely adding muscle mass, I'd suggest the same but also adding more shit like pullups and curls.
>>
>>36578420
What book?
>>
>>36570590
I am actually cutting so my power is going down a little bit.

>Deadlift
170kgx5 180kgx3
>Bench
90kg x5 100kg x3
>Squat
125x5
>Front squat
105x5
>OHP
57,5x5

Bodyweight 98Kg
Height 186cm

Lifting for two years now, since 1 year with a clear structure and a good diet.
For my cut i am trying out the renegade diet.
My goal for this year is
Deadlift 180x5
Squat 140x5
Bench 110x5
Frontsquat 120x5
OHP 70x5

Based on this i can decide the next year if i want to put my focus on Bodybuilding or Functionality or Power Lifting.
>>
Day A
>Squat 3x8-12
>Bench 3x8-12
>OHP 3x8-12
>Dips 3xF
>Calf Raises 3xF

Day B
>Deadlift 3x8-12
>Pull-ups 3xF
>Row 9xF
>Hanging leg raises FxF
>Curls 3x8
>>
>>36571680
Self bump, I also have wide hips and a small waist, how do I fill out my midsection, do I need to work my lower back more?
>>
Day A:
>Deadlift 5x5
>Bench 5x5
>Lat pulldown 4x8
>Weighted Dips 4x8
>Close grip pull ups 4x8
>Skullcrushers/curls

Day B:
>Squat 5x5
>OHP 5x5
>Seated Row 4x8
>Incline DB press 4x8
> Lawnmowers 4x8
>Skullcrushers/curls

AxBxAxxBxAxAxx

6'1" 195 17% bf
OHP: 85 (just started last week)
BP:195
DL: 255
Squat: 195 (recovering from ACL surgery still)
>>
5x12 @50%
5x10 @55%
5x10 @60%
5x8 @65%
5x8 @70%
5x5 @75%
5x4 @ 80%
5x3 @ 82%
3x3 @ 87%
3x1 @ 95%

that's like the rough idea of my next training cycle of my main lifts anyway, I think I've got the accessories sorted to address my weaknesses. Main issue last cycle was peaking, started it at like 3x3 @90% then did 3x2 @ 92% then the following week max effort, I feel like the above is a much smoother peak and I'll more likely run into less issues.
>>
>>36570590

>Stats

250lb BW, best lifts are:

550 squat, 405 bench, 675 deadlift raw

605 squat, 485 bench, 661 deadlift single ply

Rough outline of training week:

>Day 1
Squat 1@8 -> 15-25% load drop x 3-5 x 3-5
Bench 65-80% x 3-5 x 5
Board press 1@10 -> 2D
Deadlift 1@8 -> 15-25% load drop x 3-5 x 3-5
RDL x 7 x 7

>Day 2
Abs, rows, cardio

>Day 3
Squat 65-80% 3-5x3-5
Front squat 4-8@8 x 4-8
Bench 65-80% 3-5x3-5
Dips 4-8@8 x 4-8
Deadlift 65-80% 3-5x3-5

>Day 4
Abs, rows, cardio

>Day 5
Squat 65-80% 3-5x3-5
Bench 1@8 -> 15-25% load drop x 3-5 x 3-5
Feet up bench or floor press 1@10 -> 2D
Deadlift 65-80% 3-5x3-5
Block pull 3-8@8 x 4-8

>Day 6
Squat 65-80% 3-5x3-5
High bar squat 4-8@8 x 4-8 OR 1@10 -> 2D
Bench 65-80% 3-5x3-5
Military press 4-8@8 x 4-8
Deadlift 65-80% 3-5x3-5
>>
>>36570590
I'm 5'8"
Weight : 163 / 74kg
Squat : 220 / 100kg - 5 reps
Standing press : 132 / 60kg - 5 reps
Deadlift : 286 / 130kg - 3/4 reps
Bench : 176 / 80 kg - 5 reps
>Can't do wide grip pullups
>>
>>36576145
Thanks friend, I'll be sure to look Canditos stuff up.
>>
I'm at home and have nothing to do but go to the gym and be lazy at home. What workout should I do if I want to go everyday for 2+ hours?
>>
>>36578707
Supposedly, practical programming for strength training (found the picture online); although i have not yet found a digital copy of it.
>>
File: progress.png (44 KB, 1180x357) Image search: [Google]
progress.png
44 KB, 1180x357
first for candito 6 week and sheiko
>>
Modified TM 3 day
AxBxCxx
A: 5x5 90% C squat
5x5 90% C bench
1x3-5 PR press
1x3-5 PR deadlift
3x10 weighted dips
3xF Hanging leg raises
B: 2x5 80% A pause squat
3x5 90% A spoto bench
3xF Weighted chin ups
5x10 good mornings
C: 1x3-5 pr squat
1x3-5 pr bench
5x5 90% A press
3x8 65% A Rdl
3xF Weighted situps
R8, h8, appreci8
>>
>>36579227
Mirin stats, pls don't be e-statting.
How long you been lifting and what's your bf%?
>>
>>36576272

Looks like solid stuff, though I'm not sure why you're only rocking 2 sets instead of 3 on the rows/curls/pull-ups/lat-raises. Mo'volume mo'bettah.

>>36577013

Doesn't look terrible, if you can keep up with the volume run it for a month or so and see how you feel. Some suggestions:

>sub out front raises for face-pulls, you're already hitting the anterior delt with OHP
>crunches kind of suck unless you do them on a decline
>reverse curls hit the brachialis real hard
>lying tricep extension is better than skullcrushers

>>36577159
>>36576096

Yo, if someone else wants to help provide advice, please do. There's only been one other anon whose really stepped up besides me.

>>36576040

Welcome back.

>>36578074

As a novice lifter, I suggest you stick with something like Starting Strength or GreySkull LP. If you shoot for hypertrophy this early, you can make some gains. But you'll make better strength gains on a 3x5 program. When you switch over to hypertrophy in 6-8 months you'll blow the fuck up because you took the time to build up a solid foundation.

>>36578284

Solid stuff, one of the first PPL's I've seen that I like.

>>36578492

What are your stats like? Have you been eating enough, brah? Generally it takes about a year before the gains on SS dry up completely.

>>36578858

Brah, running 3x8-12 bench followed by 3x8-12 OHP is gonna be killer. I'd suggest bench at 3x5 for strength and OHP at 3x8 for volume.

>>36578762

There's no sense in starting a new routine on a cut, my mang. Instead, just lift a few times a week to keep your strength up and focus on your diet. Good luck, brah.

>>36579057

To fill out your midsection you're gonna want to work your obliques and core. Good luck though mang, Planet Fitness seems like a struggle.

>>36579113

Solid stuff, m8. The only suggestion I can make is that once you start creeping up on 3pl8 DL and 2pl8 Bench/Squat 5x5 is gonna be rough - drop DL to 2x5 and B/S to 3x5. Good luck, brah!
>>
File: 1458604758475.jpg (36 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1458604758475.jpg
36 KB, 480x360
>>36581011
>Brah, running 3x8-12 bench followed by 3x8-12 OHP is gonna be killer. I'd suggest bench at 3x5 for strength and OHP at 3x8 for volume.
>>
whats the best program to get my total up as fast as possible?

currently 160lb with an 830 total. thinking some sort of 3 or 4 mos program? im feeling like i need a change.
>>
>>36581110
>thinking some sort of 3 or 4 mos program?
What do you mean with this?
>>
>>36581134
the programs ive seen floating around are usually designed to be completed in 3+ mos or so. i know candito has a squat one but im wondering if there is pne that concentrates on all 3 lifts?
>>
File: 1459004720215.jpg (155 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459004720215.jpg
155 KB, 1280x720
What are some good routines for 6'5 looking into aesthetics?

Currently I'm satisfied with my lifts, and I've been wanting to put some mass.
>>
File: 1453135789269.jpg (36 KB, 450x334) Image search: [Google]
1453135789269.jpg
36 KB, 450x334
If you miss a workout on a 3 day a week plan, do you go the following day or skip it altogether?

Is there anything else I can do instead of squats in SL5x5? I'm already getting tired of them
>>
>>36581109

Bit of hyperbole on my part. But running 3x12 Bench immediately followed by 3x12 OHP is gonna keep forcing the press to lag behind. Hence lowering the reps and upping the weight for 3x5 bench and sticking with 3x8-12 on lighter weight for the OHP - for dem delt gains.

>>36578858

Just realized you were also doing 3x12 DL. That's just not as good as doing, say 6x3 of 3x5 or 2x6 all at 80% of your 1RM.

This looks like it's either the routine of someone whose been lifting for a month or a year, I can't tell. If you've been going at it a while (1-2 years) and you're seeing gains on this keep it up. But if you've got less than half a years experience go back to a standard routine.

>Row 9xF - wut?
>>
>>36581180
Ah I didn't get that you talked about months at first. There are some sheiko templates floating around that are 3 months+, those are quite good and some people in /plg/ have run them with good results. If you look at TheStrengthAthlete there are a few free PL programs that are 10 weeks or something like that. If you look around you should be able to find some RTS templates that focus on all three lifts. Just some suggestions for programs that focus on all 3 lifts.

Another program that might be good at your level is the Hepburn method
>>
>>36581261
thanks ill look into all of that.
>>
>>36581259
>Bit of hyperbole on my part. But running 3x12 Bench immediately followed by 3x12 OHP is gonna keep forcing the press to lag behind. Hence lowering the reps and upping the weight for 3x5 bench and sticking with 3x8-12 on lighter weight for the OHP - for dem delt gains.
Yeah but 3 heavy sets of 5 is gonna tire him out as much as 3 heavy sets of 12.
>>
>>36581317

Hence the sacrifice. If someone wants to run bench and OHP on the same day, one is going to lag behind. You can try alternating which one comes first, but that generally ends up slowing everything down.

The dudes can either move OHP to a different day, or let OHP become an accessory exercise and focus on the flat bench.
>>
>>36579057 here
Can I still make gains at Planet Fitness, even without squats and deadlifts?
>>
>>36581640

You definitely can, just work with progressively higher weights and follow a routine. If you're busting your ass, it won't take you more than 6 months to really outgrow the place - unless your Planet Fitness is one of the bro-tier ones with power racks and barbells and shit.
>>
Squat 3x5
OHP 3x5
Clean 5x3
Reverse BB curls 5x10
Hanging crunches 3x

Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Deadlift 3x3, 1x2
Chin ups 3x
Hanging crunches 3x

>Stats
5'9"
150 lbs
Squat 205
Bench 155
OHP 115
Deadlift 275
Clean 135
>>
>>36581692
OK thanks, I know it's not optimal but it's the only place I can afford atm. Thanks for the advice.
>>
File: 1442084538383.jpg (69 KB, 697x275) Image search: [Google]
1442084538383.jpg
69 KB, 697x275
So this is my routine inspired by a lot of shit i've read on the internet

MO
Squat 5x5
Back (rowing)

TU
Bench 3x3 (heavy)
Spoto 3x6
Overhead Press 4x10
read delt work (band pullaparts and facepulls)

THU
Squat 1x5 (PR, like on Texas Method)
Deadlift 5x5
Back (pulling)
Some bi's if time

FRI
Military press 3x3 (heavy)
Lateral raises 4x8
Bench 4x10
Triceps
read delt work (band pullaparts and facepulls)

How terrible is this?
>>
>>36581769

Keep it up, mang.

The only advice I have is do your reverse curls with an EZ-curl bar - that's actually what the bar is made for. Don't be afraid to add in more ab-work either - hanging leg raises/ab-wheel rollout/planks/etc.

Before I forget, Lying Tricep Extensions are a fantastic accessory to boost both your bench and OHP. You may be coming up to a plateau on both, so keep LTE/Spoto Press (for Bench) and LTE/Lat-Raises (for OHP) in mind.
>>
>>36582908

It's not bad, it almost looks like a PHUL or Candito Linear routine.

Your Monday looks a little light, I'd say throw in some snatch-grip/paused/speed deadlifts - all done for 5-6x4-3@70-80% of your 5RM.

Take a look at Candito's Linear Strength/Control Program, I'm sure you can get some good ideas from there too.
>>
>>36582997
Thanks. It's light because I have very little time monday, I squat for about 35 minutes and can lift for only about 55 minutes, dont want to lose the back work though ... or should i replace it with deadlifting?
>>
>>36582908
Why Spoto? Also some deadlifts on Monday would be good
>>
>>36583014

If you want some back-work and only have 20 minutes to do it, that'd would be a great spot for chin-ups/pull-ups (weighted if you can do 'em). You could also try 3x8 snatch-grip DL @ 70% 5RM - great for upper-back tightness and not too time consuming compared to pause or full DLs.
>>
>>36583076
Thanks, will try the snatch deadlifts
Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.