[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sprint Routine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 453452733.jpg (1 MB, 2143x1401) Image search: [Google]
453452733.jpg
1 MB, 2143x1401
Can anyone give me, or point me towards, a real, non bro-science sprint routine that won't fuck up my knees/back?
My goal is to land somewhere in the 13s range for a 100m.
>>
run the 100 meter dash and progressively see your time progess?

i'm guessing doing stuff like the 400 and 50 would help too along with leg strength
>>
>>36537775
I'm not a runner, I'm a cyclist, but I'll tell you this: You need a solid aerobic base before you start subjecting yourself to full-on sprints. I'd also recommend some weight-bearing exercise, if you don't already do it, so the cartilege in your joints isn't soft and subject to tearing.
>>
>>36537871
I'm also a cyclist, I'm trying to break into sprinting to add to my routine. Mainly because it's easier on the knees than jogging when done right. What's your weekly routine, if you don't mind showing?
>>
>>36538143
https://www.t-nation.com/training/6-week-sprinting-solution
Someone pointed me towards this, after i read their article on cardio for weight training.
>>
Lmao mid 13. Literally ran that when I was 11
But to actually be helpful, it depends where your main issues are whether it's top speed, acceleration or maintaining. Regardless hit all 3, build leg strength, do plyometrics and just fucking run. Check out BrianMac
>>
swim for low/no impact.
box jumps
anti pussy juice.
>>
File: Alice Matos.jpg (58 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
Alice Matos.jpg
58 KB, 1080x1080
>>36537775
Here is an Official Sprinting Routine for College Soccer. Scroll to page 9 for the sprinting workouts.
https://www.utica.edu/ucpioneers/stats/msoccer/men's%20soccer%20off-season%20strength%20&%20conditiong%20&%20nutritional%20training%20program.pdf
>>
File: 7QTIWCI.jpg (37 KB, 729x481) Image search: [Google]
7QTIWCI.jpg
37 KB, 729x481
>>36537775
University of Texas Sprinting Program
http://www.edb.utexas.edu/ssn/CCA%20PDF/Run-100m%20Sprint.PDF
>>
>>36537775
I am throwing for track&field, and tested in that range in a torn pair of running shoes, standing start, and absolutely awful running form. All you have to do is be remotely strong, and do some type of sprint training.

For me, I am just strong and explosive as fuck, so I can just retard strength it because of how low of a goal that is. There is another thrower that has a sub 13 second 100meter, and a big ass motherfucker who has a mid 14 second (like he is mid 200 pounds). If throwers can do this, a sprinter should have already crushed it.

For actual advise, and not talking shit about sprinters, (at least you aren't a distance runner) go check out >>36539591
and >>36540136.
>>
Does sprint training really increase muscle mass? My glutes feel sore after intense sprints sessions
>>
Hey guys, bench presser here (In fact my first meet was last month) and want to still be bench presser, I also do squats n shit. Will I lose mass or will it be fine if I start sprinting like twice a week?
>>
>>36537775
What's the point?
The average housecat can outrun Usain Bolt.
>>
>>36537775
>My goal is to land somewhere in the 13s range for a 100m.
>non-blacks have to work for this
Wew
>>
>>36540565
It does, just not nearly to the degree that weight training will.
>>
>>36540565
i dno, would doing 50 weighted pushups done really fast build any mass?!
ofc retard
>>
>>36541932
search your feelings
>>
If you don't know the form, you'll just be wasting you time. Learn the form/technique first.
>>
>>36538851
That's a cardio routine that incorporates sprinting. If OP actually wants to get faster rather than just increase his endurance he needs to sprint fully recovered.
>>
>>36541602
No they can't. Especially not for 100 meters

>what's the point of lifting the average gorilla can out lift Ronnie Coleman
>>
Power cleans make you a faster runner
>>
OP Here, I'm also curious, is sprinting something I can do year round? Like, make it a permanent part of my routine? Or do I have to put it on hold over a season or two?
over the past 9 months, I've been trying to tailor a program that I can continue to do for the rest of my life, cardio, strength, and flexibilty together, and I think I want to add HIIT into the mix.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.