[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Exfatties/fatties getting in shape, post what finally made you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: IMG_20160325_035322.jpg (10 KB, 499x333) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160325_035322.jpg
10 KB, 499x333
Exfatties/fatties getting in shape, post what finally made you commit to getting /fit/.
>>
>>36516009
doctor telling me i needed a sleep apnea machine. i lost 40lbs and stopped snoring, plus my joints dont hurt anymore and i dont get massive heart burn. feels good man
>>
>>36516014
Proud of you anon.
>>
>>36516009
Finally decided to get it together when my mother walked out, she always tried to keep us down. Progress is slow, but I can do this.
>>
>>36516009
Broke up with gf, life was a mess, needed something where I can see some results of my work
>>
The idea of not being loved is crushing me,so I lift hard and make sure I lose weight, and if it doesn't work out...well atleast me mum will be proud of me
>>
>>36516009
I don't really know, something in my mind just snapped and I started to eat less, then I found /fit/ started counting my calories and so on.

I lost 35 kg in 7 months and I'm happy about my weight now (80 kg, 187cm).
>>
having a double chin
>>
Being assigned to the 2nd unit/division of the mandatory national service even though I could barely run a mile/do a push up when there are still plenty of cadets dying in training
>>
File: 6546467863.jpg (118 KB, 413x310) Image search: [Google]
6546467863.jpg
118 KB, 413x310
>>36516009
Being a kissless, hugless, handholdless, fuckless virgin at 26 years of age.
>>
>>36516266
Virgin too bruv,but Holly shit kissing feels good,you gonna love it
>>
>>36516295
I can't even imagine someone wanting to kiss me, I'm pretty hideous.

I'm sure it would feel absolutely amazing though.
>>
I was in year 10 at highschool weighing 117kgs and after being bullied for 3 years I kind of just snapped. I starved myself over the summer break and came back to year 11 weighing 83kgs, everyone was nice to me after that...
>>
>>36516507
Literally starving yourself is not /fit/.
>>
When I realized I would end up dying alone. Too bad getting /fit/ didn't help at all ;_;
>>
>>36516266
Sound like my brother in law. Bes 20 though just waiting for him to be tired of being a disgusting fat peice of shit. Hopefully one day getting his dick set will motivate him to lose weight. Maybe
>>
Decided to fight the depression and slow decline by getting fit. Lost 72 lbs so far. Not there yet, but I'm getting stronger and my health is coming back.

Goal is 92 lbs lost. Then it's strength training all day to surpass humanity.
>>
>>36516706
Everyone dies alone but overall fit doesn't guarantee that you'll find someone it just gives you better odds
>>
My ex fiance leaving me for a tranny (female to male) with an STD

If that's not a wake up call, idk what is.
>>
>>36516009
Teacher kept telling me I looked like Paul Blart Mall Cop. Fucking hated that guy but I'm glad.
>>
>>36516728
No, that's not a wake up call. That's you dodging a bullet.
Grab a cold one sit on your porch or local beach and thank whatever gods or deeply delve into whatever spirituality that you have and breathe a deep sigh of relief.
Also, don't take her back or give her dickings when she inevitably crawls back.
She's going to be contagious and the gash will be fisted and dragon dildoed into a vast wasteland of death and horror.
>>
>>36516169
proud of you man, I'm in the same boat, nd the best thing is that I'm learning to love myself. 25 kg gone so far, and a lot of clarity to my mind and confidence regained.
>>
Feeling inadequate.
>Gf is a genius, ungrad 4.0 GPA, near perfect GRE scores, chemistry doctorate program at ivy league
>brother makes 50,000 starting salary with an associates degree because he's a computer wiz
>roommate is Venezuelan Bro, super attractive-no-homo, cooks wonderfully, got into grad school program I've been trying to get into for 2 years
>Child hood friend travels to study abroad programs as quality assurance check for a living

Meanwhile I had a kind if shit job, not many prospects and looked meh. I needed something going for me
>>
>>36516169
hey man, >>36516782 has the right idea, the best thing about getting fit is learning to love yourself. i had no idea how much i hated myself because i was a fat slob, but after a year of cutting and lifting and finally being able to see muscles popping out in my shoulders, chest, and upper abs, ive never been happier. self loathing is a motherfucker, and im certain that once you learn to love yourself, it will reflect in your everyday life and youll find love with someone else soon enough.
>>
>>36516009
>had first kid
>wife pregnant with second
>just sitting and watching Dora in my off time
>never left the house with baby
>getting fatter and fatter
>got up to 270 @ 5'10 with no muscle
>saw myself in the mirror and was disgusted by myself
>didnt want to set a bad example for my kids
>didnt want them to get fat because they thought it was ok
>>
>>36516220
This and generally being disgusted by own reflection and photos of myself
>>
Honestly, I had a seemingly incurable constant feeling of rage and anger built up inside of me. I was becoming super depressed and got myself about 40-50lbs overweight. One day I just randomly decided to start lifting. I noticed all of my negative energy was expelled from my body after rigorous training. I've lost 25lbs and have been learning how to box in my free time. Feels good not to be a rage-holic
>>
>>36516009
Realized I had nothing going for me after looking myself over in the mirror one night. Was 190 at 5'6" and couldn't squat body weight or do more than 5 push ups. Cut all the way down to 150 in 5 or so months before I started lifting. It's not hard if you really want it.
>>
File: 1458164275970.jpg (57 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
1458164275970.jpg
57 KB, 500x666
>>36516009
Sedentary all my life playing video games only exercise was working on a farm. 280lbs at my second year of uni and I just couldn't stand the sight of myself anymore. Slowly changing my diet and lifestyle lost 60lbs since then. Just started lifting 3 months ago after browsing fit for about a year. Hope I can make it.
>>
File: image.jpg (773 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
773 KB, 2048x2048
Tbqh I was just sick of being a FATFUCK
>>
>>36516009
I needed to get a job and didnt want to be "the fat guy" for once in my life
>>
File: IMG_0251.jpg (680 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0251.jpg
680 KB, 960x1280
Tldr; got rejected all night at club so want to get in shape to not only get pussy but to love myself.

Back story: Was always the fat kid growing up. Was 170lb by 7th grade and 250 by 10th grade. Through borderline authorexia and exercise with my ex got down to 200 lbs. Hit the plateau, went vegan dropped to 189lb. Then went through a bad break up, got busy with school and slowly creeped my way back to 230lb.

Last night went out to the clubs on spring break in Nola, got turned down by every girl I danced with. This is lighting a fire under my ass. I'm in a different place in my life now where I see rejection as an opportunity to propel myself rather than a reason to self loath.

Me the other day
>>
>>36516201
Same here famalam, suddenly just realized I could do this, and bam I went to the gym the next day, didn't give a fuck what anyone though and now I'm starting to see some progress after a few months of going at it
>>
exfattie 6'4 392lbs to 198lbs
My little story is here https://content.tigerfitness.com/transformation-tyler-fleming/

Been recomping for the past year and enjoying life. Weight has stayed between 195-200lbs (200lbs right now) but fat has steadily been lost. I'm starting my final cut now to drop this last bit of fat (goal is to 180-185lbs) then I'll bulk from there. I feel like my relationship with food is pretty good right now but it's going to get be incredibly tough to not over-eat when I start bulking and giving myself a freedom of an extra 500-700cals a day.
>>
>>36516009
I wasn't fat when I decided to get fit, but I was obese as a child. Through high school without paying much attention to my diet I managed to get to skinny fat. The turning point for me was when I was joining the Navy at 19. I was in a MEPS office, doing the stretches and things they require you to do in your underwear. They guy instructing us kept telling me to repeat the exercises. He eventually gets me to stop and says, "Wow, I guess you just don't have any muscle at all." Feels bad man. I think about that all the time.
>>
Me and my friends would go to a middle school and climb to the roof to play handball. I was always too fat to climb and everyone played without me. That's when I knew something had to change. Now im the strongest and fittest out of all of them. The enemy of the best is the good.
>>
>>36516009
I started lifting because I was twenty years old, [spoiler]and my only hobbies were drugs, and videogames.[spoilers]
>>
Gf of 5 years left me. She didn't say it was because of my weight but I'm sure that didn't help, and it definitely wouldn't help me meet someone new.

I put on 40 pounds after I got out of the Army, and I am proud to report that I've lost those 40 pounds. Starting my first bulk next week.
>>
I finally quit my overly toxic job that was destroying me mentally and physically. I gained 40 pounds of fat at that shit place.

Now I'm getting into swimming and back into lifting. Weight is melting off and I'm excited to see what my body is actually capable of.
>>
>>36516009

I can't be with the girl I want to be with because of the way I look and I look that way purely because of my choices.

This realisation made me so angry that I swore that I would not rest until I am the man I want to be.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.