[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is ZMA a meme? What does /fit/ recommend for test boosters?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12
File: c26-B000GIQS02-1-s.jpg (12 KB, 231x300) Image search: [Google]
c26-B000GIQS02-1-s.jpg
12 KB, 231x300
Is ZMA a meme? What does /fit/ recommend for test boosters?
>>
Your life is a meme.
>>
prohormones
test injected into your ass
sperm
>>
>>36453166
Rekt
>>
>>36452961
no meme
vivid dreams
boosts test production
>>
Eurycoma Longifolia Jack (Longjack), also known as Tongkat Ali - probably the most effective testosterone boosting supplement currently known. Shown to increase LH/FSH levels and stuff. It's main issue, as is the case with most if not all testosterone increasing supplements, is bioavailability. I recommend buying the herb in bulk, soaking it in high-proof alcohol like Bacardi 151, and taking the tincture you made sublingually. Either that or just buy a supplement, but be prepared to have to take a lot. That said, this has also been shown to not make much of a difference in young, healthy males, so it's probably not worth spending a lot of money on, but if you find a good price, give it a try.

Stinging Nettle Root extract - this one may be more useful for younger guys. It inhibits SHBG, sex hormone binding globulin, which allows more of the testosterone already produced in your body to be utilized by muscle tissue. So, it's not really a testosterone booster, like Longjack, but it increases testosterone efficiency in the body.

6-OXO, this one would also be good for younger males. It's an anti-estrogen, so it helps keep your testosterone-to-estrogen ratio at a more healthy level. This has varying effects on the amount of testosterone your body produces based on sensing the increase in testosterone after taking it, so stick to lower doses or cycle the compound rather than taking it continuously.

D-Aspartic Acid, ZMA, Vitamin D, and things like that are probably the most worthwhile, because they are cheap, orally bioavailable, and will not only have at least some effect on boosting testosterone, however weaker than the possible effects of the supplements above, but will also contribute to your overall health.
>>
took zinc yesterday and I feel like I have a bit more energy today, I also dreamed that my house was invaded by something and I was fighting everyone in a tower defense type of way, felt afraid the entire time tho. zinc fucks my dreams up I think.
>>
File: 1424452056653.jpg (89 KB, 641x755) Image search: [Google]
1424452056653.jpg
89 KB, 641x755
>test boosters
either take roids/sarms or save your money. no legal supplement is going to raise your test a noticeable level unless you're severely deficient in something like zinc or vitamin D
>>
>>36452961
slightly deeper sleep and less DOMS.
>>
>>36453307
This guy again. Wanted to write a follow-up post. I'm not going to include my research on these supplements, just make a list. These are nutrient-based supplements that almost certainly will help increase anabolic effects in the body and decrease catabolic effects. They have nothing to do with boosting testosterone, for the most part, just increasing muscle growth.

Here you go, a list of the most effective muscle-building supplements:
-Creatine (increases energy/muscle size)
-Leucine/BCAA's (Increase muscle protein synthesis)
-Glutamine (Preseres muscle, reduces catabolism/muscle wasting)
-Phosphatidylserine (Lowers cortisol, reduces catabolism/muscle wasting)
-Fish Oil/Omega 3,6,9 Fatty acids (Preserves joints, aids butrient absorption, may increase Test)
-Alpha-Lipolic Acid ("Mimics Insulin", can speed growth)
-D-Aspartic Acid (Raises Test)
-Zinc Magnesium Aspartate (Raises Test)
-GABA (Raises GH/growth hormone)
>>
Zinc helps. Definitely get ZMA, the bullshit you buy in stores doesn't work. It's not a wonder drug though, only steroids work like that. You're better off spending your money on protein, creatine, and a multi.
>>
>>36452961
i take zinc and magnesium after a workout, and about an hour later i have to fap otherwise itll drive me nuts all day. dont know what it is about the stuff but it gets my balls full of jizz pretty quick
>>
DAA is supposed to work pretty good.
>>
>>36453477
you're wasting a ton of money and need to be more critical when you do your "research". just take creatine and fish oil. the rest of your list is pointless.
>>
>>36452961
Awesome for your sex drive
>>
>>36453838
>>36453838
I don't take all those supplements. I definitely would if I had the money - trust me when I say I've done a LOT of research on the best "anabolic nutrients" and those are the ones I've found that are backed up the most by experience from bodybuilders and scientific data showing that they have anabolic effects. I agree with you pretty much, though, creatine and fish oil really is all you need. But let's say you bought all the other things on my list and added them to both a pre- and post-workout shake - you would absolutely enhance anabolism and reduce catabolism, and I think over the course of time the gains kept by using those supplements would be significant. Creatine is just an energy compound, used to help exert more energy in the gym, basically. The nutrients on my list, besides the ones you singled out, are mainly for preserving muscle and helping to maximize nutrient availability.
>>
>>36453838
I could link you to some PDFs with references, if you're interested. After all, the OP's question was about boosting performance.
>>
>>36453477
>>36453307
>le studies funded by supp. companies are totes valid!
>i-it's just a crazy coincidence that all independent research fails to reproduce thier results!
C U C K
U
C
K
>>
Initial research on Zma was done by victor conte and BALCO labs. Take zma with a grain of salt.
>>
It says on my ZMA that I should take it before bed, but I eat quark(cassein protein) with loads of calcium in it also before bed. Which you apparently arent supposed to combine with ZMA.

What do? ZMA in the morning?
>>
>>36453940
Even if it doesn't boost mad test Zinc is still nice for sleep. It's definitely improved mine.
>>
>>36453934
Fuck off, my sources are fucking books with references to scientific studies by research groups in universities and such. Or articles with similar studies. Otherwise I'd be recommending Tribulus, Horny Goat Weed, and Fenugreek or other shit, which ARE supplements based entirely on proprietary research done by the supp companies themselves. I know what I'm talking about. Like I said, though, I recommend the nutrients I listed over the test-boosters. Butthurt would-be-roider detected. Most of my research is from Jerry Brainum and Will Brink's publications, and PubMed searches, so go ahead and fact check.. except you wont. You just like insulting people on Ethiopian cartoon forums.
>>
>>36453940
I don't think that research is invalidated by that fact. Conte got paid to give athletes supplements and compounds that really would give them an edge. If it didn't work, it didn't help his case to use it. He didn't start selling ZMA until AFTER the BALCO scandal forced him to do so in oder to have a legitimate product that would make him some money. There are other studies that support it, too, I believe.
>>
>>36453998
>sources are popsci books and articles quoting supp. manufacturer funded """research"""
Holy shit, you're an even bigger retard than I thought!
>>
>>36453998
Not him but my reasoning goes. Why havnt I heard about your supplements if its so good then for extra boost on the test? Why isnt this more easy to find to be bought? Im obviously talking about your first post here.
>>
I couldn't give a fuck about gym performance but I take ZMA for the vivid, fucked up dreams and extreme morning wood. And it makes me cum more too
>>
Finished 2 bottles by different brands. Neighter one of them didn't do shit so I just stop buying it.
>>
>>36453910
I am interested, please share any links to scientific articles
>>
File: 1451637760604.jpg (61 KB, 580x775) Image search: [Google]
1451637760604.jpg
61 KB, 580x775
>>36453940
How will salt help with ZMA?!

Pls respond
>>
Anyone else taken Triangibol or whatever its called?

Literally nightmares every single night for a month. Had to get off it.
>>
>>36453970
had no effect on me
>>
>>36453188
It is a meme.
It doesn't boost test production.
It does give wild extremely vivid dreams I can attest to that, it's insane.
>>
File: tumblr_mdhsypGedE1qc6tmbo1_500.jpg (68 KB, 500x447) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mdhsypGedE1qc6tmbo1_500.jpg
68 KB, 500x447
>>36453166
>>
Heres a piece of bro-science for you.

Zink is great. It allowed me to sleep deeper, and made for faster healing when it comes to bruises.
I wouldnt bet on it enhancing test levels though.
>>
>>36454631
Sorry I took so long. Honestly, in typing this reply, I realize I need to keep references with my documents so I have them handy when I need them. This is all I could find from my stuff on short notice. Everything is covered here, you just have to dig through the PDF's for the references. And then there's my own research on ALA and Leucine. Currently working on trying to look more in-depth into Creatine, Ribose, Phosphatidlyserine, and Omega Fatty Acids. I'm actually trying to put together my own .PDF as a resource for natural hobbyist bodybuilders to jack up their gains. So I could cobble together some more stuff, but I'm just gonna wait 'til I have it all together. I'll be sure to share it with /fit/ ;) But here you go. Sorry it took so long. Those PDF's are pretty valuable to flip through.

Bodybuilding revealed by Will Brink. About 50% of my information is from this book. It's a great book.
http://www.fitnessbootcampscanada.com/Fitness/Will%20Brink%20-%20Brink's%20Bodybuilding%20Revealed.pdf

Natural Anabolics by Jerry Brainum. Not as good, but still contains a fair amount of info.
https://www.mediafire.com/?1iqjxp8t03s4t4f

Muscle-Building Nutrition by Will Brink
https://www.mediafire.com/?phcpn94dpggbc50

Bodybuilding Supplement Secrets Revealed - the least credible source, as it doesn't cite sources, but most of the information in it is accurate. I'm attempting to create something similar to this, but more in-depth, easier to use, higher quality, and with proper references.
https://www.mediafire.com/?1iqjxp8t03s4t4f

Random articles on ALA and Leucine:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21666939
http://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/45/8/1024
http://jerrybrainum.blogspot.com/2015/05/what-is-most-anabolic-nutrient-by-jerry.html
http://appliedergogenics.blogspot.com/2013/01/branching-out-for-more-muscle-by-jerry.html
>>
>test boosters
placebo
>>
>>36454018
Kill yourself.

>>36454060
Because they're not that good. There's no highly effective Test-boosting supplement. The thing is, though, that a lot of the test-boosting supplements sold, as you can read about in the PDF's I posted below, or find out by doing any real research or reading from people who research this stuff for a living, a lot of the test-boosting supplements sold are complete garbage in that THEY DON'T BOOST TEST. Or at least, they've never been shown to reliably boost test. That's where the poster I suggest kills himself is getting the "manufacturer-funded research" line from. Because manufacturers will give rats some shit, the rats will fuck, or gain muscle, and then the manufacturer will cite this study, claiming "This product boosts test!" When no such evidence was found. Longjack HAS been linked to test increases in studies, Stinging Nettle Root HAS been linked to test increases in studies, 6-OXO HAS been linked to test increases in studies, and D-AA, Vitamin D, Zinc, and DHEA all HAVE been linked to (very moderate) test increases or have been shown to be precursors in pathways to testosterone in the human body, not in vitro, and to have some level of oral efficacy, suggesting that there is a possibility that taking them may encourage the body to maintain a healthy hormonal profile, at the very least helping to avoid clinically LOW testosterone.

I never made the claim that those supplements are super-effective, in fact, I said the opposite in my original post. Guy asked for test boosters, I posted reputable test boosters. I honestly think the nutrient-based supplements I posted later are way more effective for building muscle, that's why I posted them. Still, what if he gets curious and decides to megadose isolated extracts of those herbs? Might have an effect.
>>
>>36454060
I think the answer to your questions are:
You haven't heard about them from people on boards like this because most products don't work. Companies take under-dosed levels of like 3 different plants that are poorly researched and just chuck 'em in a pill, creating a $50 placebo which does squat and thus nobody recommends. The only way to do it right is to research and source the herbs you want yourself, then formulate something good, or listen to people like Carl Lannore or someone like that who specifically looks into this sort of thing, so you know what is actually good.

Second, it's not really that good for a test-boost, at lest 90% of products aren't, and the majority of people who buy em dont know what the fuck they are so it's not like theyre gonna run around making convincing arguments as to why people should buy them.
>>
>>36455412
>zink
>>
>>36454677
Turinabol?
>>
I started at 300lbs somewhere in the 40's on bf%

>Now
>210lbs
>16% bf
>Multivitamin
>Magnesium
>BCAA
>Omega 3 fish oil
>Vitamin D

I have a lot of lean muscle and feel fucking great. I never did any research but I guess this combo works.

I really want to get under 200lbs before I get on creatine.
>>
There is really no side effects to low dose trstosterone usage right
>>
>>36452961
Does anyone else get diarrhea from ZMA? Should i take it earlier in the evening? Shit literally wakes up

I like everything else it's doing and eant to keep taking it, but waking up to butt pee sucks brehs
>>
>>36453307
who is making 6-OXO these days?
>>
>>36456067
You could use creatine as a pre-workout instead of going "on" it. Just take about 3 grams, or half a teaspoon, before your workout. It'll help your work capacity without having any kind of size-retention side effects.

>>36456260
No idea, sorry.

>>36454631
>>36454060
>>36454018
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/and.12214/abstract
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24386995
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21671978
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23464350
>>
>>36456240
Common side effect of supplementing with Magnesium. I take it right before bed.
>>
>>36456805
You got my hopes up for nothing, the stuff was banned years ago and you had me thinking it had come back.
>>
>>36456240
Yep, stopped taking it. As soon as or minutes after I woke up my ass exploded, almost every day.
>>
>>36452961
1. Not a meme
2. Good for better sleep and recovery. Also, most men are deficient in zinc anyway so it's not a bad insurance supp.
3. You will cum noticeably more. Not sure if it has anything to do with test production, but I was shooting rope once I started taking it.
>>
>>36455840
https://www.youtube.com/user/willbrink
>>
>>36456952
Nothing I take makes me cum more. Tried almost everything
>>
>>36455916
>>36456805
Do you have any opinion about tribulus terrestris then? Both me and my mate tried and we both got insane libido after taking it.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25849625
>>
ZMA I tried during one time training cycle of my life. I loved it honestly. It was a highlight to know right before my bedtime I would take it on a empty stomach and follow the instructions. It would help me fall asleep fast and stay asleep. I would wake up and feel refreshed.

After a while I stopped taking ZMA. I usually would just change my sleep schedule. I would relate the effects of ZMA to that of supplements like melatonin and ZzzQuil.
>>
>>36452961
I've been taking a multi that includes ZMA for the first time for the last few weeks. I've definitely been having more vivid dreams, usually sexual or violent. And my morning wood has been rock hard everyday.
>>
File: 71nhqo0fPvL._SY355_.jpg (15 KB, 179x355) Image search: [Google]
71nhqo0fPvL._SY355_.jpg
15 KB, 179x355
This + Zinc Glucconate does the same thing as ZMA for half the price
>>
File: 20160320_130037.jpg (291 KB, 747x1328) Image search: [Google]
20160320_130037.jpg
291 KB, 747x1328
>>36452961
this stuff works bretty gud...
>>
>>36457467
die you dope using freak
>>
File: 1457491240487.png (105 KB, 296x274) Image search: [Google]
1457491240487.png
105 KB, 296x274
>>36457467
Send me some pls
>>
File: 1455843508555.jpg (50 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
1455843508555.jpg
50 KB, 453x604
>>36457467
Why are most people okay with using a test booster but real testosterone is viewed as cheating?
>>
>>36457462
True. I'd also add that if you're eating a lot of red meat, chances are you are getting plenty of zinc. Magnesium deficiencies are much more common.

>>36453960
Take the ZMA a couple hours before. Mag competes with calcium at a transporter for absorption and calcium has higher affinity so it wins out.
>>
File: 20160320_130520.jpg (242 KB, 747x1328) Image search: [Google]
20160320_130520.jpg
242 KB, 747x1328
>>36457162
>Almost everything.

I am almost certain you have not tried pictured related, amirite?

Take it as directed for a week, and you will be cumming buckets.
>>
>>36457796
Nope, I've tried that. Even different brands
>>
File: 1457962393329.png (1 MB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1457962393329.png
1 MB, 768x1024
>>36457751
Thanks
>>
>>36457826
How do you jizz when you do?
>>
>>36457543
No booster will get you past your natural potential.
>>
>>36457875
Typically dribbles and kinda thick if that's what you're asking
>>
>>36457904
I meant to ask how much, if it's less than a quarter of a teaspoon, then you may have a medical issue.
>>
>>36457935
I believe it's 1-2 teaspoons but that's measuring by eye
>>
>>36457965
>>36457935
I'm off, probably 3/4 teaspoon? No way of checking that right now though
>>
>>36457984
>>36457965
The average is about 3.7ml, which is about 3 quarters of a teaspoon.
>>
>>36453573
Zinc apparently does a lot of things to your sex drive, although I can't remember what it does exactly.
>>
>>36453166

GET REKT
E
T

R
E
K
T
>>
>>36453940
Salt potentiates uptake of ZMA? Count me in!
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.