[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do your parents think about your "hobby"? Are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12
File: KGnhC1Z5XCk.jpg (104 KB, 1280x852) Image search: [Google]
KGnhC1Z5XCk.jpg
104 KB, 1280x852
What do your parents think about your "hobby"? Are they supportive of it, or are they gains goblins?
>>
Very supportive. Complain when I don't work out.
>>
>>36451545
I was super scrawny as a kid, so my mom loves it when I bulk and fucking hates it when I cut. My dad just seems proud to be around me.
>>
>>36451545
too occupied with my other siblings to really notice me.
Sucks, honestly
>>
>>36451545
My dad calls me weak because he could bench 350 in high school, but other than that he is very supportive. I even inspired people in my family to lose weight and get healthier.
>>
>>36451545
They are happy for me, but keep saying that once i stop, all muhgainz are gonna turn into fat. Last week dad said he cant believe his only son is lifting weights like a meathead (he knows im not, it was very unexpected for them)
>>
>>36451606
Ha, same here. Except the dad part. He was AFK. Faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 461x583) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 461x583
>>36451545
Must be nice to talk to your parents. My dad died when I was little and my mom lives literally on the other side of the country. Our conversations are like: "h-happy birthday, mom. Okay. B-bye."
>>
>>36451545
My mom supports any physical activity I do and is glad to see me take an interest in something.

My step-dad just flexes and goes 'GRARRR' imitating someone who lifts weights whenever he sees me in a tank top
>>
>>36451627

da fuq
>>
>>36451647
Make him proud anon. Hes watching over you
>>
>>36451545
Total gains goblins. Act like dieticians when they don't know jack shit. When I try and point out to them that eating 140 grams of lean protein, low carbs and high fat is good for you, they say
no anon, you eat too much meat. Have a "balanced" diet. Here, I have made you a quiche from a packet with potatoes for dinner, its very balanced, and eat a small portion or else you will be too heavy. I then explain to them that pre-packed quiche and potatoes is really bad, its just empty carbs and fat, and no protein, but they won't listen.

They also point out whenever I gain a bit of fat on my stomach, and say "wow anon, you need to be careful". But when I want from scrawny as hell to decent shoulders, chest, arms etc they never once said I look good. Just kept on telling me I have gotten too big, and lost my facial aesthetics. I think its cause I am the only person in my family who lifts, and my parents have never done any sport, let alone lift, in their lives. My dad is also really left wing etc, and doesn't understand why his son would want to do his best to look as good as possible.

But yo, they are my parents and I thank God for having them cause I am lucky even having food on the table from them in the first place. They have supported me in everything else, taught me great lessons and its cause of them that I have all the opportunities in the world. Thank you papa and mama.

>>36451647
Sorry to hear that anon, I hope you can have a closer relationship with your mum in the future
>>
They were gains goblins at first, but after a few months they've become super supportive of me. I've even motivated other family members to try to get healthier.
>>
>>36451710
Is he...watching me fap on Omegle, anon? I hope not.
>>
>>36451850
Just don't do it to fat chicks bro
>>
my mom's to overprotective and my dad's a crackhead.not really close to my two half sisters, and all my other family is on the other side of the country. shit's lonely yo
>>
My mum used to armwrestle for free drinks in pubs so she pushes me to train more so I can beat her one day. Dad is super obese and just kind of ignores it all, used to drive me to the gym when I still lived at home though.
>>
You think i talk to my parents enough to know?
>>
>>36451545
My mom understands running because she used to run 4-5 times a week and ran the Marine corp marathon a few years back but pops works in design so his day is sitting in his dark office eating oreos in between mouse clicks. They don't understand weightlifting though... they are on a slippery slope too.. Always ice cream, cookies and other bullshit in the fridge and pantry. hard to eat disciplined here but im going to make it
>>
I'm an older lad, so when I visit my family they're very confused by powerlifting. My father gets what it's like to compete in a niche sport though; he races canoe.
>>
>5'11, 185
>Used to be 5'11, 145
>Dad thinks that getting bigger muscles is a stupid goal and my muscles will get in the way of my other hobbies

He's right too. Paddling my surfboard has gotten noticeably harder, my wetsuit fits tighter than ever, and I need to buy a bigger kite for kiteboarding. My goal weight was 195 when I started, I want to get bigger, but I can't convince myself that I have a good reason to.
>>
>>36451545
Dad gets salty when I eat 3500 calories worth of food in one day
>>
My mom is really happy about me starting. Infact she's the one who really gave me that push to start working out as i opened up to her about some depression issues, pretty much tells me everyday how happy she is. My dad is also pretty stoked that im getting huuuuuge
>>
>>36451647
I feel you bro. My dad is mentally ill and hard to talk to now, and my mother lives in fucking Europe
>>
File: 22978729267543.55f5d38f15dbd.jpg (2 MB, 1400x2133) Image search: [Google]
22978729267543.55f5d38f15dbd.jpg
2 MB, 1400x2133
My parents are the biggest gains goblins on earth

Buy and eat junk/fast food and pop 24/7, smoke cigarettes, pop pain pills, etc.

I am literally the complete opposite of them, they always tell me I need to 'eat more" even though I'm 6'3", 195lbs, down from 270lbs, last fucking year

I don't know how the fuck I'm related to them. I have my own job, own my own place, and they live in MY apartment, they don't have jobs, and are lazy pill-popping slobs, a complete embarrassment to me. I fucking hate my parents, they've never supported me in anything. My hobbies, my schooling, my financials, NOTHING. How the fuck I'm related to the worthless fucks is beyond me. They've never felt like parents to me, just a couple of older strangers I've had to have the sickening displeasure wasting the first 21 years of my shit life with.

Burn in hell, mom and dad. I will never be anything like you
>>
>>36452332
>they've never supported me in anything. My hobbies, my schooling, my financials, NOTHING

Sounds like they've done by you well, anon. When you stop feeling entitled to have everything handed to you, you realise the good they did you by making you your own man.
>>
>>36452344
>Sounds like they've done by you well, anon. When you stop feeling entitled to have everything handed to you

Losing their shitty jobs, while I was in elementary school,and not attempting to work again "because they're in too much pain", then selling /pawning my shit that I PAID FOR so they can buy more pain pills off the street from their pieces of human garbage drug addict friends, for their own sick high is considered "doing well" for a child? I was the only person working when I was in high school. I am literally the only reason they arent living in the fucking street right now. I pay all of my rent and bills on time, lift, work 40+ hours a week, and go to college full time, while they sit in my apartment smoking cigs, exchanging pills with thier druggie friends, letting their minds and bodies decay with each passing day, while I have to watch every god damn day.

Don't you ever say that my parents were ever good to me, I have done everything in my own power to not become what they are.

Fuck them and fuck you too
>>
>>36452483

Why not throw them out? I know they're blood and all, but maybe some tough love is exactly what they need.
>>
>>36452483

Anon, >>36452508 is right. Youre a little bitch-ass enabler. Quit crying.
>>
>>36451945
>races canoe
Where does he live?
>>
>>36452483
Yes would have thrown them out a long time ago. Honestly wouldn't even feel safe if they were pawning off your own stuff, fuck that, would have just moved apartment somewhere else and stopped paying the old bill. You should try to help your parents out a little but after a certain point which you've obviously already crossed, you need to live yourself at some point.
>>
>>36451979
sounds like ottermode is what you need bud. sorry, not all of us have lifestyles that allow us to be huge.
>>
>>36451545
They think I go to the gym to get big and leave humanity behind.
little do they know I only do cardio and every day is leg day to achieve a more feminine look and leave masculinity behind.
>>
>>36451606
>My dad just seems proud to be around me.
Good feel. Probably feels good the other way too- to see your son stronger than you ever were.
>>
Used to be a fat fuck, mom and dad always trying to encourage me to lose weight, dad was actually pretty rough with his tough love, used to insult me from time to time...
lost all the weight became really fit
whenever i visit dad i can just see he looks proudly at me for what i have became look wise (at family gathering he usually comes to me and says everyone say i look great)
mom is happy but worried that i work out too much
overall pretty supportive.
>>
>>36451647
I can't even lift these feels
>>
I go to the gym with my dad and he's the guy who got me going at 15 in the first place - I guess you can say he is pretty supportive
>>
>>36452483
And yet you are unable to cut ties with them. You lack grit.
>>
>>36454425
Must you make such an effort to be obtuse just because you're on the Internet? Shut the fuck up.
>>
My parents think my muscles are going to be wobble because i drink protein shakes.

>" mom, thats what steroids do, not fucking protein shakes"

>" you gonna see son"

"k....."

My parents think i need meat to build muscle and be healthy.
Made more progress in 8 months than people in my gym do in 2 years lol.

>" anon, you need MEAT TO BUILD MUSCLE AND BE HEALTHY"

>" look at me dad, im twice the size of you"

> *silence*

My parents think 2 times a week of light lifting is enough

>" mom, i have people in my gym who do that, they have body's of 15 year olds"

> " BUT THATS WHAT GIRLS WANT, YOU ARE TOO BIG ANON"

> " im 178 lbs, how dafuq is that big"

> " uhm yeahh... aye uhmm..."
>>
gainz goblins
they don't even know I lift heavy. They think I'll shrink or something
>>
>TFW no dad
>Mother is hypocritical gains goblin
>raised on grains and potatoes
>everyone in senpai is overweight or obese
>live in the sticks with no access to a gym and uncomfortable doing workouts in own home without getting judged by Mother who constantly bakes and goes "oops Anon I added an extra cup of sugar tehe" and then rips on me if I don't eat any
I end up paying rent/utilities completely
Can't afford equipment
I don't think I'll make it guyz
>>
>>36451861
>chicks
>>
>>36451647
go visit, seriously. you will regret not doing so if they end up passing away and the last memory you have is a flaccid phone conversation.
>>
>>36452332
well, kick them out, then.
>>
I visit my parents on Sundays and Wednesdays for dinner. Mom helps me do meal prep on Sundays and the meals she cooks when I visit almost always fit my macros, and she never gives me shit or feels insulted if I have to make a slight modification to the meal. Dad is pretty happy and interested in lifting as my hobby, though he'd never join me in it. Overall, they're pretty good.
>>
File: tangle of their feels.jpg (83 KB, 573x400) Image search: [Google]
tangle of their feels.jpg
83 KB, 573x400
>>36451545

18 year old college student reporting in. Live at home.

My mother when I used to laze around:

>"abnormal idiot"
>"be more active!"
>"no one will love you if you're like this"
>"skinny 'man'"

My mother after I started hitting the gym, running, and hanging out with friends more:

>"you go out too much"
>"what if something happens to you?"
>"why don't you help out around the house?"
>"go to hell"
>>
>>36452483
"wahh wahh i'm too scared to kill my parents"
>>
>>36455026
Love it
Kill it

5 Scoops of drama
>>
>>36451545
My parents are 100% gains goblins

they cook tons of carbs and fat and little brotein

my mom thinks eating over 1 egg for a meal is bad
>>
>>36454571
>" BUT THATS WHAT GIRLS WANT, YOU ARE TOO BIG ANON"

she's right. you want girls or the powerlifter dick?
>>
>>36454571
>you need MEAT TO BUILD MUSCLE AND BE HEALTHY

this is true though. red meat boosts your testosterone

you some kind of vegan gayboy?
>>
File: 4 months progress.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
4 months progress.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>36457760

Im vegetarian, but i still made decent gains even as a vegan.

Pic related is me after 4 months of training, just 4 fucking months.

Yeah i dont look phenomenal, but we are talking about 4 months and a vegan diet here.

Please dont be stupid " hurr durr meat boosts testosterone". Just please...just dont.
>>
>>36458199
GYNO
Y
N
O
>>
>>36458267
I didnt have gyno back then. I admit my pec looks kinda gyno-ish, but it wasnt.

Anyways that picture is 1 year old, i look 3x better now
>>
>>36451628
:(
>>
>>36458199
lol. you look like a shit vegan. what are you on about?
>>
>>36458199

Are you denying the correlation between meat and testosterone anon?
>>
My mother was so supportive, that when my Gym membership ran out, rather than pay for another sub, she let me squat her.
>>
dad thinks is worried i might have weight issues but ultimately trusts my judgment. there are some people on his side of the family that has had weight issues. he's supportive though. he thinks getting stronger and working out is productive though.

mom is retarded
>you shouldn't squat so heavy, you might hurt yourself
>you can get just as strong with light weights and machines
>"you shouldn't expect to get strong so quickly, look at me, im pretty weak and i've been hitting the gym for 6 years" (she's a woman at 50, no progressive overload, eats like an anorexic, only uses machines)
>all those bodybuilders are just people with a body complex, it's not health to want to look like that (jokes on her, i'm doing SS)
>>
>>36458396

If thats what you call shit progress for 4 months of lifting, i have nothing else to say.
Again that picture is 1 year old, i look way better now.

>>36458431
Does Jon Venus look like hes low on testosterone?

Listen guys, im not like this VG fag. I dont care if you eat meat, and i think you can be healthy even as a meat eater. But please dont come with this " ya need meat to be big senpai" bullshit. Dont tell me my 4 months progress is bad, and dont tell me Jon Venus looks shit and is low on testosterone. Lying to yourself doesnt make it any better guys.
>>
Mom is supportive but still a gains goblin. Sends me candy and junk food multiples times a year, usually just throw it out and feel bad
>>
>>36454682
>getting hard talking to your mom
>>
>>36458199
You look like shit
>>
>>36458550
If you look so much better now then post a current picture
>>
>>36454923
May I save this picture?
>>
File: 1454972142765.jpg (30 KB, 480x326) Image search: [Google]
1454972142765.jpg
30 KB, 480x326
>>36458550
>that low testosterone face

he might be a vegatarian, but he looks like he stuffs a lot of meat into his mouth
>>
File: eclipse.jpg (3 MB, 3000x2250) Image search: [Google]
eclipse.jpg
3 MB, 3000x2250
My parents are dead.
>>
>>36459048
This.

Prove yourself you weak skrawny fucking herbavor
>>
>>36459120
You are free
>>
File: so.png (608 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
so.png
608 KB, 1366x768
>>36459091

It's all yours my friend
>>
File: taytay6.jpg (922 KB, 1335x1000) Image search: [Google]
taytay6.jpg
922 KB, 1335x1000
>>36459198
Thank you, anon. Have a taytay.
>>
>>36451545
Supportive but give me shit if I break my cut.

Also I get shit for not being as strong as my dad, but I was a nerd in High School (I lifted, but my max only got up to 275lb).

Mom calls me anorexic every time I hit 8% BF and wants me to stay 10-12%
>>
Was borderline obese, dropped a lot of my weight and started gaining a bit of muscle
My mom went through phases, my dad only had one

My mom initially made fun of me for weighing my food, counting calories etc
Then felt proud tried to follow my lead
Then got bitter she wasn't making progress and didn't want to think I was losing weight
Then realized it was good and is encouraging my borderline obese younger brother to do the same. She recently mentioned my abs starting to show (I won't fuck my mom)

My dad didn't say much other than calling me "slim Jim" happily at first. Then recently told me I lost too much and he knows it because he can see definition around my arm, gyms are for getting bigger or something.
Still at ~15%bf

I know they'll both be very proud once I start bulking though
>>
>>36451545
>I finally managed to bench my bodyweight!
>how much is that?
>80kg
>well don't hurt yourself anon

could be worse I guess.
>>
>>36451545
Everyone in my family has very little self respect and the topic of lifting makes my parents uncomfortable and does not come up very often in conversation
>>
Mine love to bitch about how much money I waste on protein powder and pre workout
They are also fat southerners so I have to buy my own food and they bitch that I'm disrespecting them by not eating their fiod
>>
>>36453204
>Implying 5'11 185lbs is huge
>>
>>36458199
don't listen to these faggots anon. 100% if you would've said that that is your 4 month progress without mentioning you're vegan they would've praised you. They just can't accept someone has a better physique that theirs without eating meat.
Do you take any supplement in particular to make up for being vegan or you just eat a lot of vegetal protein?
>>
>>36460295
for being vegetarian*
>>
File: 1452129506713.png (454 KB, 414x499) Image search: [Google]
1452129506713.png
454 KB, 414x499
Totally supportive, mom was kind reluctant at firat but when i started getting fit more and more she reliased it was great, also got my first gf after 3 months of working out, broke up with her, gave 0 fucks just found another one a week later....
I think i made it
>>
They don't comment on it despite knowing perfectly well that I use the weights they gave me when I was 18. My mom washes my shaker just like any other cup.

I couldn't be more content with this arrangement. I'm embarrassed to live with them as it is, I don't need them to comment or mock me for lifting.
>>
>>36451545
Not being a kid I no longer tell my parents about my hobbies nor give a flying fuck what they think
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.