[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do people struggle coming off sugar drinks? the diet versions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
File: 451044_orig.jpg (153 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
451044_orig.jpg
153 KB, 425x282
how do people struggle coming off sugar drinks? the diet versions are usually only slightly inferior to their health shattering counterparts.

i've heard the BS about artificial sweeteners, but no one can seriously tell me a few mg of aspartame is worse than all that sugar and calories in regular drinks
>>
Its the caffeine mongtard.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=caffeine+addiction
>>
>>36432202
just drink water you faggot.
>>
>>36432202
Ditching soda is literally the easiest thing on the planet.

Here, let me tell you a secret. Diet soda.
OH MY GOD IM A GENIOUS
>>
ditching soda is pissy fucking easy. ditching caffeine is harder

Just drink pure water
>>
>>36432202
>no one can seriously tell me a few mg of aspartame is worse than all that sugar and calories in regular drinks

It isn't. There's been a SHITLOAD of studies and still no one can prove they're actually bad for you other than some people feeling that if they drink soda they'll keep a taste for sweet things and will eat other sweet things later, which is entirely subjective.

And yes, weightloss and diet sodas go hand in hand, especially for addicted fatties. Quitting cold turkey sounds good in paper but that works for maybe 10% of the population in reality.
>>
>>36432297
>claims how easy it is to ditch soda
>recommends drinking a different kind of soda
>sarcastically calls someone else a genius
>>
What you are addicted to in your childhood is more severe in your adulthood

Bless my mom's heart for telling me not to drink soda
>>
>>36432354
You're a fucking monk now that only drinks water?
Diet soda is one of the few cheat codes in the universe. Why wouldn't you use it?
>>
>>36432202
I only stop drinking diet sodas when I'm cutting to reduce sodium, and that aspartame can cause a little inflammation leading to more water retention. It's by no means serious, but if you wanna be as lean and dry as possible, everything counts
>>
>>36432401
>aspartame can cause a little inflammation leading to more water retention
Source motherfucker.
>>
>>36432365
>>36432403
Do you work for Coca Cola or something?
>>
>>36432403
You can Google it, I'm at work posting from my mobile.
>>
>>36432408
Forgot only coca cola has diet sodas.
I personally drink pepsi max or coke zero, whichever is on sale.
>>
>>36432408
Top kek
>>
>>36432419
I was merely joking. Have you had an increase in cavities? That was what made me get off soda.
>>
>>36432428
I have great teeth genetics for whatever reason. No tooth issues.
>>
>>36432365
You must be american to say something like "if you drink water you're a monk". If water is not your main drink you've got severely bad habits and should do something about it.
>>
>>36432443
Hm. Maybe it's because I wasn't drinking diet soda.
>>
>>36432411
http://europepmc.org/abstract/med/6108346
Regardless, i'm happy you brought it up and ill do some more searching around.
>>
I've quit drinking alcohol, smoking/vaping and weed. Diet Coke is the only enjoyment I have left in the world. I've tried cutting it out, but I just enjoy drinking it.

I know it has acid, caffeine and a load of other nasty shit, but I used to drink full-fat coke all day long and now I'm trying to lose weight. Plus, don't want diabeetus.
>>
If it's a choice between slugging seven hundred calories of sugar or having some artificial sweeteners, I'm pretty sure you know which is healthier. Do diet, then start to ween yourself off of soda.
>>
File: fit-drink.jpg (449 KB, 936x1285) Image search: [Google]
fit-drink.jpg
449 KB, 936x1285
>>36432202
>>36432229
It's these, and more importantly phosphoric acid which not only fucks up your teeth, but forces your body to use up nutrients and minerals it might use elsewhere to neutralize the acid.

Candida overgrowth is another big one people are beginning to care about.

Yes, they're a lot better than regular soda but they're still bad for you if you drink them often. As always, the key is moderation.
>>
>>36432445
Not american, and I drink water every day but ONLY water? That's crazy, man.

I fasted 20 hours everyday for 5 months last year and only drank water. Let me tell you, it gets super boring. Diet soda helps me stay away from sugar and keeps my taste buds sane.

You could argue im addicted, but I tried going without and it ended up being too much.
>>
>>36432461
>if you drink them often
I drink 4-5 cans a day. Kek.
>>
>>36432465
No m8, you should only drink pure mountain water and eat nothing but unsalted chicken breast forever if you want any chance of being fit and healthy. I read it in an anonymous cantonese weaving forum.
>>
>>36432465
Yes only water, and tea/coffee without milk/sugar if you like it. Crazy? If you think it's crazy to mainly drink water you're probably a couch-dwelling fat ass who thinks eating salad and going out running on the weekends is pure madness.

>I fasted 20 hours everyday for 5 months last year and only drank water.
Why the fuck would you follow such a dumb diet in the first place instead of just eating at a calorie deficit? Fucking fatties and their sausage-fingered quest for that magic pill to take them to slim-land instead of just stop their disgusting pig habits. Only drinking water is normal, 20h fasting/day is not.

>You could argue im addicted, but I tried going without and it ended up being too much.
Yeah I mean like people are dying and starving and shit but damn not drinking diet soda must be really horrible I feel you man.
>>
>>36432485
Chicken is a meme, man. I mean it's good, the macros. But fuck me it's as boring as water is long term. There's only so much you can do with a chicken breast. I'd rather eat red meat and increase my rate of cancer by 0.000018% and cut fat elsewhere.
>>
>>36432531

I like red meat a lot more than chicken as well, but chicken is so damn cheap. I marinate them using one of those packet marinades, bash them flat and grill them in my foreman grill, and eat with fried vegetables, bretty gud for cutting.
>>
>>36432519
Fasting isn't a diet, it's a tool to structure your meals =)
>Yeah I mean like people are dying and starving and shit but damn not drinking diet soda must be really horrible I feel you man.

Don't you worry about me young boy, I have plenty of self control doing fasts over several days and sticking to a strict diet to cut down nicely for summer. But, let me ask you this. If you could, why wouldn't you? I only realise and accept my weakness because it doesn't hurt me. In fact, diet soda on a cut is something I could do to infinite times. It's so easy.
>putting dumb restrictions on yourself to make life harder
>>
>how do people struggle coming off sugar drinks?
because they are mentally weak
>>
>>36432598
>drinks 4 cups of coffee a day
>>
>>36432202
>slightly inferior
>inferior
You keep using that word. It doesn't mean what you think it means.
>>
>>36432561
>I have plenty of self control
>I only realise and accept my weakness
Pick one porky.
>>
>>36432613
>because it doesn't hurt me
forgot this last part for context, nice cherry picking =)
>>
>>36432561
Kek, you're wasting your time, we're on /fit/ where everyone has unlimited willpower, lifts 2/3/4/5, a 10 inch cock and has never eaten anything they shouldn't have.
>>
I made it a conscious effort to not buy 12 packs anymore. If it's not sitting around your house you won't drink it. Then, I gradually weaned myself off ordering it in restaurants. I'll have an occasional soda depending on the meal, but it's not something I savor anymore.
>>
>>36432670
>actually buying 12 packs of soda
what the fuck
>>
>>36432229

Sugar is just as addicting as caffeine. That's the part they DON'T tell you.

That's literally the whole point of keto: It's "rehab" for your sugar addiction.
>>
I used to drink soda with every lunch and dinner, without exception. Now, after 5 months of keto, I don't even miss it. It just literally doesn't even sound appealing to me. The thought of drinking soda now makes me feel the same level of dread I would normally associate with, say, cough syrup.
>>
>>36432202
Drink delicious tea.
>>
>>36432873
You feel dread from cough syrup?
>>
How bad is orange juice and grapefruit juice for you? I do enjoy a nice glass of that in the morning, and a iced glass in the evening.
>>
>>36432202
Flavored
S E L T Z E R
E
L
T
Z
E
R
W A T E R
A
T
E
R

lemon lime tastes like a non sweet Sprite.

Shit is just carbonated water and terpenes.

Also helps you feel full when fasting
>>
>>36434782
Free sugars is free sugars.

Adding psyllium husk is supposed to help
>>
>>36432202
i never drank them cuz they are expensive and i drink a lot of liquid during the day
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.