[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ey /fit/ My chest has been one of my main focus points ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: sexy beast.jpg (12 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
sexy beast.jpg
12 KB, 275x183
Ey /fit/

My chest has been one of my main focus points ever since I started working out. My lower pec and the side of my pec all seems to have grown, but it's like my upper-pec hasn't gotten any mass. The chest exercises I do is:

Bench press
Incline Flyers
Low to high cable flyers

Any suggestions? Pic related, it's where my mass is missing.
>>
>>36429847
Need to add incline bench to your routine for sure.

Definitely add a pec dec/flat bench fly too.
>>
Over head press plain and simple. Strict press or puss press if you want some lower body involvement. Also, decline push-ups as push-ups in general are seriously fucking underrated.
>>
i have the same issue op, i do A LOT of incline now, incline bench, incline hex press, low to high cable flies, guillotine press light to the point where im not doing any lower chest until I catch up
>>
>>36429847
YOU CANT EVEN BENCH A PLATE

YOUR CHEST HAS NO SHAPE BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO CHEST.

drop all the fancy exercises.
Do 3x5 bench, adding 5lb every single time you bench.

When you can bench 225 for reps, then start doing incline and high rep ancillary exercises.

You need to build strength first, anon

Please follow literally any linear progression program
>>
>>36429847
I'd switch to flat flys, it'll hit that area more than incline flys.

Also svend press.
>>
How strong are you OP? Not trying to SS meme but I had the same issue, seemed that my pecs were growing everywhere but the top and middle which was completely flat and I went through a month or so of doing loads of additional chest exercises which didn't really do anything other than double the length of my workouts.

I took a six week break from the gym when I moved to another country and when I got back into it I did SS to get all my strength numbers back up to where they were thinking it'd just be a temporary month or so to get back into the swing of things before moving back onto a split.

But I found that doing SS the second time went a lot better than the first and ended up staying on it for about four months. Then I moved onto Texas Method and eventually Hepburn.

Anyway, after a solid year of doing no chest stuff at all beyond standard flat bench and OHP my chest is fine now. The upper and middle area saw great mass gains, it just took longer.

Take the advice or leave it depending on what kind of training you prefer but in my experience the best thing for my chest was simply focusing on getting a really good, strong bench.
>>
>>36429847
Do chest pullovers. They really work your upper pecs
>>
>>36431165
>normal flys hit upper pec more than incline

How? Also OP do incline Bench press, unless you can't bench 1pl8. Do the normal Bench press till you can do 1pl8.
>>
>>36431193
OP here, Thanks for the advice, I'll focus more on the bench press itself.
>>
>>36431193
OP again, just wondering, how much can you bench and OPH? Just wanna know what I should expect.
>>
>>36429847
Do some push ups aswell, sets of 100
>>
>>36429998
>add 5 pounds EVERY time you bench
How to spot a fat fuck that only read the sticky and spouts bullshit.
>>
>>36429998
>adding 5lb every single time you bench
top kek

>how to reinforce poor form: the post
>how to put on 10lbs of fat for every 1lb of muscle: the post
>>
>>36431224
the area you've highlighted is more sternal than clavicular. Incline will hit above the area you've highlighted, and your anterior delts.
>>
>>36429998

This, if it's lacking mass, guess what you need? MASS, so start eating, and putting on dat strength

And after your 5*5/4*6 or whatever, add in more volume (2/3*10) after, incline or whatever acessory.
>>
>>36429847
you could just have shitty pec insertions
>>
OP here, my benchpress is 5x60 lbs last time i tried
>>
>>36429847
An old bodybuilder suggted me to do a superset with pullovers and cable flyes on a incline bench, both exercises 4X10 and done slowly like 3-5 secs for each rep.
I felt a nice burn and my upper chest was pumped, also do this superset after incline dumbbell presses
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.