[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to motivate the guy I'm dating to start lifting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
How to motivate the guy I'm dating to start lifting?
>>
>>36405924
Cuck him.
>>
>>36405924
Cuck him.
>>
Cuck him.
>>
Cuck him.
>>
>>36405924

show him this dank af board m'lady :^)
>>
>>36405930
This OP.

Idk if gay or a girl but I'm a girl and I've tried to make my partner of 5 years get into lifting for so long. There is just no way. He already has you so he feels pretty secure. As soon as he feels like you might leave him for another or actually do that may make him get fit though not always.

If you stay with him it will never happen unless you get aggressive about it and tell him you'll dump him if he doesn't or something (which I never did cause that wasn't really my intention)? My boyfriend is skinnyfat with more of a belly. I sometimes joke and say that if he keeps eating like crap his dick is going to shrink but that doesn't work either. Regardless good luck OP.
>>
>>36405960
He doesn't "have" me yet, we just started dating. Obviously I am not going to cheat on him.
>>
>>36405924
No sex until you do X. Didn't your mother teach you how to manipulate men?
>>
>>36405969
Hes never gona make it then OP, thanks for being his gains goblin.
>>
>>36405969
Regardless of that it's not easy. Guys aren't as insecure about looks as women are. So they can be fat for years without really giving a fuck. Even more so if they still get girls. Either try to do it with him or be honest about it and tell him that you would be more attracted to him if he would get into lifting or something.
>>
>>36405969
Don't get into a relationship with a guy with the intent to change him; he has to want the change himself.
>>
>>36405969

Give us more info on him m'lady so I might better woo you away from him
>>
>how to change the nature of a person?

As a guy, I'm sorry to say but he has to realise there is the threat of you leaving him.
Or
>>36405930
>>36405935
etc

Sexual competition is basically the male recipe for success.

But not all guys have it in them to go psycho and compete for bitches, so this might backfire and just make him insecure, depressed, worse.
>>
>>36405992
They're never going to want to change. After some years in the relationship they get comfortable, fat and balding. Either accept him how he is or leave him.
>>
>>36405969
Try to make lifting being something he wants.
Do cool stuff where your strenght aids you, climbing, bouldering, whatever. Show him how fun being strong can be so he gets motivated to get strong by himself.

Then show him this board.

Then prepare for him leaving you, because he is gay now.
>>
Stick your dick in his butt and tell him that only the alpha male gets to be tops. Thats what snails do, ever see a fat snail?
>>
File: 1438174443434.jpg (16 KB, 327x346) Image search: [Google]
1438174443434.jpg
16 KB, 327x346
>>36405969
>just started dating
>wants to change him already

How about next time, you wait until you find someone that meets ALL your expectations instead of giving the pussy on 1st date with a "we'll see how it goes" attitude.

you fucking slut
>>
>>36405924
Get him to catch you masturbating to really big guys.
Not even just ripped so that he convince himself he's the same size but not cut, but fucking beasts.
When he sees you knuckle deep, screaming "oh rich!" While on the 5%er Instagram pages, he'll be so insecure he'll go straight out and buy proton powders and Dumbbells that day.
>>
>>36406042
Be prepared if he ever leaves humanity behind if you go this route OP.
>>
There's no good way of going about mind fucking him into lifting.
You wouldn't date a guy who wouldn't be happy with you before you lost weight and if that was the case he shouldn't be dating you in the first place.

Some people are taking the whole threatening disinterest like cuck stuff seriously but the guy really shouldn't stay interested in you after crap like that.
>>
Don't guilt him. Motivate him through love
>>
>>36406115
>mom issues are out of this world
>>
>>36405924

Post workout shower sex. Trust me, it's a good time.
>>
>>36406102
m8, you sound like a woman
>>
This thread is getting dangerously close to the abysmal shit you see in /adv/

The real answer:
You talk to him about it openly and honestly and tell him you're interested in him lifting/working out with you and why. You ask him to join the gym with you or whatever else makes you feel content/satisfied.

If he says he doesn't want to or has no interest in that you deal with it in whichever way is best for you, be it shutting the fuck up and getting on with your relationship, or dumping him for someone else.

If he agrees then you support him whenever he needs it but otherwise you shut your fuckin mouth and let him get on with it.

Anything else is nonsense.
>>
>>36406191
Well now you're just making men look bad, this thread is retarded.

except this guy
>>36406231
>>
>>36406115
>this fucking pic
proof that lifting doesn´t cure your self esteem
>>
>>36406042
>Get him to catch you masturbating to really big guys.
Don't do this OP I did this and my gf left me.
>>
Just invite him to go with you. Say stupid shit like "I bet you're pretty strong." And "think you can bench more than me?"
Make it fun. He'll get there, load up 2 plates and realize he can't even unrack it. He'll feel like a huge puss and go back multiple times to try to prove he's a man. Once he starts seeing good gains, he'll be hooked.

If he doesn't take this bait then he has zero competitive sense and will go nowhere in life due to lack of ambition and motivation. In that case you should drop his ass.
>>
File: thats a smile of a happy man.jpg (4 KB, 240x167) Image search: [Google]
thats a smile of a happy man.jpg
4 KB, 240x167
>>36405924
Tell him he gonna meet someone hotter than you if he does and regain the sparks of life he missed out being with you for so long
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.