[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Work hard for an hour or so to make a nice meal, show it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: facebook_no_profile_pic2-jpg.gif (4 KB, 160x152) Image search: [Google]
facebook_no_profile_pic2-jpg.gif
4 KB, 160x152
>Work hard for an hour or so to make a nice meal, show it off on facebook
Looks yum! OMG you're such a good chef! Where's mine xD

>Work hard for a few days making a song, show it off on facebook
You are so talented! Can't believe you're not famous! You should like make an album or something!

>Spend $30 getting a haircut, show it off on facebook
So beautiful! Wow you look gorgeous hun! Where did you get that done? I might have to go see them!

>Work hard for years to build a fit and good looking body, show it off on facebook
Ugh what a douchebag

Why
>>
>>36365421
People don't like being shown that they are lazy, undisciplined fatasses.

When they say shit like that it's just their own insecurity over being a lazy fucking slob.
>>
File: vomit pepe.jpg (29 KB, 249x237) Image search: [Google]
vomit pepe.jpg
29 KB, 249x237
>facebook
>>
>>36365430
But you could say the same about music, it shows that you have a talent that you have worked hard for years to develop but no one minds if you post that. Or anything to do with looks could remind people that you are good looking and they are ugly but no one cares unless someone is posting 10 selfies a day or some shit.

It seems this prejudice only applies to fitness related stuff.
>>
>>36365421
>Work hard for an hour to make a nice meal; show it off to receive compliments

>work hard for a few days making a song; show it off to receive compliments

>spend $30 on a haircut: think it looks nice and show it off for a compliment

>Work hard for years to be able to show off your body; narcissistic as fuck
>>
>>36365469
it's much more personal than music. It's something that literally everybody can actually do.

Not everyone can make music, but everyone has a body and everyone has the ability to take care of it, even if they don't.
>>
>>36365519
But that's wrong faggot, you don't work hard just to be able to show off your body, you work hard to look good in general but also to be fit and healthy and look and function the way a human is supposed to, as opposed to being the shapeless blob that our privileged western lives leads us to become
>>
I don't think Ive ever seen anyone be negative towards a good physique on facebook.

My mum snapped a pic of me one time (inb4 jason blah tier story) when i was carrying some heavy shit for her. I had a massive pump and veins n shit popping (been lifting 7 years) and I was also really tanned at the time and was really lean (about 20lbs less fat than im carrying now in gains mode). There was over 200+ likes and 80 positive comments from females all ranging from age 18-60.

Half the comments were
>"wew lad, can i has ur son come help me if u know what i mean huehuehue"

Why would people even post shit like that online? don't they have boyfriends/husbands etc? I still feel cringe that my mum even posted such a thing, she use to not even use the internet and now suddenly she loves it and loves posting shit to show off.
>>
>>36365421
Nigga muscles are for instagram for them instahoes. Fuckin pleb, when will you learn ?
>>
>>36365540
>Not everyone can make music

But that's not true, anyone who can dedicate tons of time to lifting could dedicate time to learning an instrument if they wanted to. They wouldn't be the greatest artist ever but it's totally possible.
>>
>>36365605
I think the difference is they think it's someone else posted it, but somehow it would be narcisisstic to post a selife at the gym. I disagree because skinny people post selfies all the time and no one bats an eye.
>>
>>36365421
>caring what other people think about you on social media, let alone facebook
Stop doing this anon, its unhealthy
>>
>>36365605
>There was over 200+ likes and 80 positive comments
Nigga wut, I have like 70 friends on facebook and even that I feel is excessive
>>
>>36365704
I don't actually care, I did this a few months back knowing full well that people think like this and the results weren't overwhelmingly negative. Just trying to start a discussion about something I thought was an interesting contradiction.
>>
>>36365605
>I don't think Ive ever seen anyone be negative towards a good physique on facebook
Most often people won't make a negative comment on facebook, but I've heard dozens of times irl about how only douchebags do that, or such and such guy is such a loser posting selfies of his body and so on.

There are positive reactions that go along with the negative, but its strange that some will judge it so harshly when there doesn't seem to be any of that negativity regarding other things like the examples in the OP.
>>
>>36365738
Well if thats the case, I think its because people will only support you up to a certain point, once they being to surpass you jealousy and vanity kick in which eventually turn into spite.
People only want to bring you up to just below their level, never above. Especially normies on facebook.
Most people can cook a meal or write some stupid fucking song, but it takes time and dedication to really work on your body, something most people do not have.
>>
File: butler.png (292 KB, 442x336) Image search: [Google]
butler.png
292 KB, 442x336
>spending $30 on a haircut
I just stand in front of the mirror and get a buzz cut or in times I wanna get fancy I go to the local chinese barber and get something for $8
>>
>>36365787
I meant to say once you begin to surpass them
>>
>>36365787
I see your point, but why would girls think like that about guys being in good shape?
>>
>>36365795
yeah for $8 you can get a faggot cut, some of us have long hair
>>
>>36366010

>faggot long hair
>a cut for $8

fixed that for you. post a pic of your epic disgusting hair bro

I thought so
>>
>>36366010
>some of us have long hair
>calls others faggot

I don't think you fully understand what you just said
>>
>>36365421
Dude if I see one of my friends looking ripped on Facebook I mire that shit hardcore, but that's because I'm already lifting now.
>>
>>36366046
>>36366060
>they think having short hair makes them manly
>they think having long hair makes someone gay
>being this dense
>>
>>36365421
Either you have shitty friends on fb or you have none and are just finding some issue to vent your social frustrations on
>>
>>36366010
Is $30 common for long hair? I haven't had it cut in years but I'm conflicted on cutting it a bit since I'm worried about it ending it up bad.
>>
>not posting your body anyways to make faggots from highschool jealous

the best revenge is living well, be proud of your gains.
>>
File: suckit.jpg (70 KB, 236x416) Image search: [Google]
suckit.jpg
70 KB, 236x416
>>36366046
u jelly
>>
>>36366090
>tfw had random women compliment me on my hair in public and college

Feels gud man
>>
>>36366090
>Implying that dude wouldn't be handsome even with a combover or a pink mohawk or something
>>
>>36366096
girls used to compliment my hair when it was long, but I get way more attention now that it is short. Its like when they say its good how a skelly dude is so skinny, they are talking about what they think is good for themselves, not what they want on a dude.
>>
>>36366067
It pretty much does though.
>>
>>36365421
"Showing off" anything on social media can be seen as douchy. I personally don't. If you actually have a nice body, I see 3 main possibilities. Guys see that you look better than them and that makes them defensive. Girls realize you're out of their league and they develop sour grapes syndrome. Or you're actually known to be a shit person and they actually think you're a douche.

People who aren't insecure or jealous would actually show some degree if happiness for your success.
>>
>>36365430
In a similar vein to this, I was walking home from the gym today and couldn't be fucked changing out of my gear. I usually try go early (Anywhere between 6 and 10am), I've walked to and from the gym before and every time people are normal. They might say hi, give a wave or a nod or something, but today was fucking weird.

I woke up a bit late and figured that by the time I'd finished everything to get ready and down there, it'd be outside of my usual time so I'd do some work and wait and go with my friend.

Went to the gym, everything was good and normal, he had something to get to do we went our separate ways.

Like I mentioned, I couldn't be fucked getting changed, so I was walking home in my gym gear. This would've been some time between 3 and 4 pm. To get home, it takes about 15 minutes. During that time, I got so more angry looks than a skinny girl eating an entire cake at a weightwatchers meeting. Like, legitimate outright anger. Keep in mind that this is just a plain grey cotton tshirt, sports pants and running shoes (I need to get some better shoes 2bh) and these people were almost going red in the face.

I was crossing the road, so I looked behind me to check obody was coming and I made eye contact with this guy in his car. He had a look of complete hatred, his upper lip was tight and barely visible, his mouth was contorted down and he stared at me just shaking his head. I was thinking this guy was a fucking weirdo and that it was pretty funny, when he looked away. His car got about even with me (It was a T intersection, no lights) and he looked my way again, shaking his head and then kept looking at me and shaking his head even after he'd gone past. It was fucking bizarre, do people get that triggered from gym gear?

I mean, I could've at least understood if I'd been wearing a sandwich board saying "I hate niggers" or something, but it was just normal gym clothes.
>>
>>36366859
Sounds like there's something else at play here.
>>
>>36365421
Your problem is presentation.

Don't just show your body, show yourself tearing a phone book in half or bench pressing a fat guy.
>>
>>36367781
That's what I thought, so I had a look at myself in the mirror when I got home - Nothing out of the ordinary, just a mildly attractive ottermode guy with a pump. I wasn't doing anything wrong either, just walking down the street like I normally do. It was fucking weird.

If I was more schizotypal, I'd say something was up.
>>
>>36367860
Were they fat?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.