[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wrist roller=gains
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5
File: wristrollerold250[1].jpg (17 KB, 250x190) Image search: [Google]
wristrollerold250[1].jpg
17 KB, 250x190
do you see this badboy here? this is the way to get huge forearms

none of that deadlift, wrist curls bullshit. this is the real deal

also thanks to Mastest for opening my eye and letting me get some forearm gains
>>
>Wrist rolling a 10 lb weight
>Attaining 450 lb deadlift

Which do you think will give you bigger forearms?
>>
>>36082806
Both. My grandpa made me one when I was younger and now my forearms are juicy.
>>
>>36082806
wrist rolling. there are many muscles on your forearm, the ones working rotation have best predisposition for growth.
>>
>>36082806
Isometric holds aren't gonna do shit for most people's forearms. This is like saying a 450 lb deadlift will give you massive lats just because they're isometrically involved. Even then, heavy holds like that aren't gonna touch half the muscles in your forearms .
>>
>>36082861
>holding 450 lb in your hands
>not gonna touch half the muscles in your forearms

Never change /fit/
>>
>>36082859
Tell me which muscles those are brah
>>
>>36082755
These are pretty great for overall forearm health ain't they? Like people usually have unbalanced and shit from computers and stuff
>>
>>36082755
How is this better than wrist curls?
>>
>>36082910

Yeah they're great because you can roll backwards and blast the shit out of the extensors which pretty much nobody works out.
Really helps keep a healthy balance between that and the flexor muscle which actually makes your grip stronger and sorts of strains and the like.

Very inexpensive and useful piece of kit.
>>
File: shutterstock147943934.jpg (35 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock147943934.jpg
35 KB, 600x399
>>36082876
I thought most secondary schools required anatomy courses? Heavy gripping can't involve about half of the forearms. It's like saying heavy bench is enough to develop the biceps.
>>
>>36082755
Aren't these terrible for your wrists?
>>
>>36082971
Terribly good
>>
>>36082982
Seriously, there's no muscles in your wrist. Can't that motion with weight seriously fuck up tendons?
>>
fucking science fags ITT

Aqquire a £10 pair of knock off fat gripz you skinny fat gay heads
>>
>>36082806
>implying 450 diddly is anything worth mentioning
>>
Captains of Crush.

/thread
>>
>>36083037

Doesn't work the extensors, doesn't translate directly to gripping endurance. Crush grip is different.

They're still good though.
>>
>>36082947
No its not you fucking retard. Did you use your brain before you made that comparison? The muscles of the forearm are theonly thing between a loaded 450 lb barbell and the rest or your body. I didnt ask for a picture I asked you which muscles you were referring too. This doesnt help anyone.
>>
>>36083044
I do wrist curls palms facing upwards and downwards both 2x10 then 2x10 of CoC. Critique?
>>
>>36083052
Too add the biceps do not keep the arm in extension under a loaded bench press. The forearms keep the fucking load in your hand during a deadlift. Incomparable.
>>
>>36083052
Sorry, I just assumed you knew basic anatomy. The flexor muscles in the front of your forearm won't be activated significantly. Please go back to high school and save the ad homs.
>>
>>36083014
it CAN, but if you do it right it strengthens them.
>>
>>36083064

Wrist curls are basically the exact same thing so yeah that works.
>>
>>36082947
what the fuck are you talking about anatomy courses in secondary schools.

Im studying medicine in germany (where they put more emphasis on anatomy than in the usa, which doesn't have to be a good thing) and I thought it was fucking pointless to memorize and see every forearm extensor/flexor by heart.

I will probably never need to identify the musculus extensor pollicis brevis again in my life (in a medical career obviously) so why would this shit be taught in secondary schools...

also, when holding something your forearm extensors do get activated.
See, when you hold shit in your hand your forearm flexors obviously contract. Since their function isn't only to flex the fingers but also the wrist, holding stuff would always also induce flexion at the wrist. To prevent that your forearm extensors go in, contracting and therefor preventing a flexion in the wrist.
>>
>>36083052
>>36083072
>>36083111
Post forearms.
>>
>>36083087
whats your deadlift?
>>
>>36083156
I'll tell you if you post forearms.
>>
>>36083146
weren't you complaining about ad hominem earlier.

Holding a weight will activate both flexors and extensors, add hammer curls for the brachioradialis on top and you have basically everything covered.

Also my forearms are definitely proportional to my upper arms, at 13,5'' forearms with 16'' upper arms. If anything I'd like better upper arms
>>
>>36083017
>not implementing fat gripz also with a wrist roller
Wristlets when will they learn?
>>
>>36083156
>>36083199
You're both pathetic.
>>
>>36082755
>also thanks to Mastest for opening my eye and letting me get some forearm gains
I'am glad i could help.

the wrist roller is godtier for forearms
>>
>>36083273
Yea im pathetic because im asserting that every muscle in the forearm is used significantly to deadlift 450lb

Are you retarded?
>>
Jesus why all the bitching and complaining here?

Not even OP btw.

Wrist rollers are the shit. I started with skelly arms, and fuckin wrist rolling grew muscles I never knew I had.

They are, quite frankly, awesome, and cost about $2 to DIY.
>>
>>36082806
Just do both you fucking autist
>>
anyone shittalking the wrist roller obviously never tried it

I dare you guys to try
>>
File: JimmyRayForester1low[3].jpg (119 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
JimmyRayForester1low[3].jpg
119 KB, 320x480
I'll admit that deadlifts are great for grip strength, but nothing compares to the sheer power and size you can get from bouldering or rock climbing.

Before I started climbing, my grip would be the first thing to give out during my deadlifts, but now it's my back instead. And now I can also do fingertip chinups on door frames using only 3 fingers on each hand.

Also, mad back and bicep gains.
>>
>>36082755
I got up to 13.5" forearms without wrist rolling. So it's not necessary for Popeye arms. That said I did do dumbbell wrist curls a bit and now I'm wrist curling a lot and wrist rolling a massive amount for a bit. It's all good shit.
>>
File: forearm-progress.jpg (21 KB, 248x323) Image search: [Google]
forearm-progress.jpg
21 KB, 248x323
ppl still doubt the effectiveness of the wrist roller

>MUHH DEADLIFTS

lmao
>>
>>36085553
thank you masstest
>>
>>36085553
Did the wrist roller help your grip strength too?

I'm asking because a buddy of mine has massive forearms, but his grip strength is pretty shit for his size.
He has trouble with grip on deadlifts for example.
>>
>>36082971
>>36083014

Yes. Worst tendonitis of my life after using one of those for a week. Couldn't BP without serious pain for months. Thumb went spontaneously numb every so often. 0/10 do not recommend.
>>
>>36082971
If you're going heavy it'll put a lot of pressure on your tendons and ligaments. As with everything like that (which is most forearm shit) you're best off slowly building up, doing a few weeks of very intense shit and then a few months of rest. You can hit them every day but you can't hit them everyday forever.
>>
Can someone post some DIY wrist rollers?
>>
How many sets/reps should I be doing and how many times a week? Heavy or light?
>>
>>36085647
Its called WRIST roller not grip roller

Wrist strength=/=grip strength even though the same muscles regulate both movements
>>
>>36085821
you're an idiot.

>>36085553
masstest pls respond to >>36085647
>>
>>36085771
Literally get a pvc pipe, bust a hole through the middle, put some rope whatever through and on the other end a small weight
>>
>>36083017
where?
>>
>>36085850
A buddy of mine wants to start doing them with fence posts when his grip is strong enough. Absolute madman.
>>
The wrist roller feels GREAT once you've done a full rotation. You really know the shit is working afterwards. and its easy to do on any workout day after working out any muscles.

Shit's getting serious after i added an extra 5lbs to the 10lbs.
>>
File: forearm.jpg (69 KB, 435x459) Image search: [Google]
forearm.jpg
69 KB, 435x459
>>36085584
It's all good m8

>>36085647
I didn't notice any difference in grip strength.

I doubt it has any influence in grip strength. It's good for mass on your forearms.
>>
>>36086305
Okay, thanks!
>>
>>36085278
This, I spent the summer bouldering before the year I started lifting and deadlift grip has never been a problem for me. I know dudes I went to highschool wiht who are way bigger than me but use straps or mixed grip on anything above 2plate whereas I can double overhad up to about 3.5 plate without issue
>>
>>36082755
>10lbs
>not wrist rolling at least 2 pl8
Enjoy your nogainz
>>
Mastest cured the tennis elbow I had during pullups.
>>
>>36085278
I've just got back from a bouldering comp, nobody has big forearms to the extent of the OP. Stop perpetuating this shitty meme.
>>
>>36086305
masT pls respond >>36085804
>>
I just made one with a 2x2 pvc pipe.
Kinda hard with my shitty wrists joints, but I like it so far.
>>
>>36087669

how do?
>>
>>36086305
does it matter which way the string goes around the bar?

should it be rolling with the string on the side closest to me
or the opposite side?
or
>>
>>36083028
This. Took about a year of training. This is entry level lifting
>>
Eagle loops
Farmers walks
Wrist roller
Captain's of crush

With these 4 horseman I establish my empire
>>
>>36090320

Do both, one works flexors and the other extensors
>>
>>36082755
>>36082971
I don't use that specifically, because the narrow grip hurts my wrists, but I do the same motion with the foam tube things (can't for the life of me remember what they're called). They're amazing.
>>
>not doing jerkoffs 3xF daily
>huge forearm gains
>>
I've always wanted to get one of those wrist-rollers -- been a fan of joocy forearms forever.

Gonna do it, post-hate, lads.
>>
>>36086305
Post more pics of mastest, I need to jerk off

Also, is he a manlet?
>>
>>36082939
>blast the shit out of the extensors which pretty much nobody works out.
tfw my forearm sessions focus on them
>>
>>36087669
How?
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.