[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deadlifting General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: Deadlift.jpg (22 KB, 594x514) Image search: [Google]
Deadlift.jpg
22 KB, 594x514
What is the secret to deadlifting, /fit/? Although my squat is 245 3x5, my deadlift is only 275 1x5. The weight isn't bad, but my grip strength just isn't there. Even hook grip or mixed grip, it just slips through my fingers
>>
File: IMG_2606.jpg (201 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2606.jpg
201 KB, 750x1334
I am the one of the left, I'm 5'10" 175 but ectomorph as fuck, my hands/fingers/wrists are tiny. Could this be the cause?
>>
>>36029332
whats the story here man
>>
>>36029341
I have a hot tub and it is 10x better without shorts on

It's not gay as long as you don't look at the head of another man's penis
>>
>>36029332
Congrats on posting the gayest picture of the day
>>
>>36029381
Pls anon, this is /fit.
>>
>>36029317
Do kroc rows.
>>
>>36029332
>245,275
double those and you might actually grow some legs you goddamn curlbro
>>
>>36029332
Are you one of those people who think that their legs are already pretty big because they played football as a kid?

Look at your legs, just look at them. You look like a cartoon character. Train those legs man.
>>
>The weight isn't bad, but my grip strength just isn't there
I have a rad idea, train your grip strength. I don't know why this shit isn't in any beginner program, since early on you never fail your grip and forearms take so long to get bigger.
>>
>>36029388
I know, that makes it even gayer
>>
File: IMG_0329.jpg (388 KB, 1470x1960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0329.jpg
388 KB, 1470x1960
>>36029413
Football? Anon pls. The only thing I trained in high school was my Draenei Mage
>>
Use super glue on your palms, works every fuckin time
>>
>>36029441
Im gay and Ill say that thats not too gay
>>
>>36029317
Deadlift 3 times a week.

Avoid doing mixed and hook grips on all but the heaviest set.

Paused deadlifts.
>>
>>36029414
Tips for increasing grip strength?

>inb4 sticky

The sticky doesn't elaborate much on that
>>
>>36031282

Get a crusher and use it every day.
>>
>>36029317
how can i learn to deadlift properly?
>>
>>36031282

Kroc rows, paused deadlifts, halting deadlifts
>>
Skellington here, trying to work up to using the bar + wiehgts. My gym has these barbells with non removable weights, however they don't come up off the floor too high so it's annoying trying to position feet. Is it alright to put a couple small weights under each side to bring it off the ground a bit and deadlift from there?
>>
File: Eurosport Fixed Rubber L.jpg (53 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
Eurosport Fixed Rubber L.jpg
53 KB, 500x366
>>36032904
pic related
>>
>>36029317
Nobody said it yet? Do I really have to do it?
*sigh*
Anon, the picture you posted is a squat, not a deadlift.
>>
Last week I accidentally deadlifted 295lb with a double underhanded grip. I was OK but I wanted to share.
>>
>>36032855

http://imgur.com/a/Uriwb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AObAU-EcYE
>>
>>36032904
It'll work, but try moving to a real gym with real barbells.
>>
>>36032904
>>36032904

Yes, obviously.
>>
>>36031282
Put a bar in a rack at a height a bit below the top of your deadlift. Load up your deadlift weight or a bit more/a bit less, figure it out. Pull it out of the rack and hold it close to failiure. Rest. Repeat. done

Or on your last rep of each deadlift hold the bar at the top to failiure, or just on maybe your last set. Figure it out, it's not hard. But static holds are the way to go. It's the most specific
>>
>>36032951
It has real barbells, I just can't lift them. I can probably lift just the bar, but obviously with just the bar it wouldn't come off the floor.
>>
>>36029466
>draenei
better have been a female fgt

>not choosing human or belf for dem racials
>>
>>36032966
You can't deadlift 20kg?
>>
>>36032979
Like I said, I probably could, but just the bar wouldnt come up off the floor enough to position my feet.
>>
>>36032966
>>36032979
stack stuff ya dumby
or just do romanian deadlifts and squats

if you cant dl 20kg (with the bar at the right height) you belong in the fucking hospital bcuz your body is fucked
>>
>>36031282
just holding the bar with hella weight.

I also imagine holding onto a pullup bar until failure would work. Not using your thumb to help out.
>>
>>36029332
>ectomorph
You're a moron.
>>
>>36032966
When I started deadlifting I had problems getting the bar off the ground while keeping my form.

So I overloaded while putting the bar on crates for two sessions. The next session I did it from the floor just fine.
>>
>>36033010
its kind of legit tho

kinda

things wrist size, appetite/eating habits and testosterone levels are more scientific/objective though
>>
>>36032994
by stack stuff do you just mean put stuff under each side?

and i just started exercising a couple weeks ago, been a skellington all my life so it's not really that weird.

>>36033011
so i guess, what, by putting the bar a lot higher it makes the exercise easier? or?

thanks for the help
>>
>>36033036
It's not even kinda legit. It's a stupid label originally created with a bunch of mental mumbo-jumbo attached that's used by people who don't know shit just before they start spouting bro-science. If they want to talk about appetite, frame size etc. they should address that directly and not use some stupid vague catch-all.
>>
I was in your exact situation like 2 months ago- from the numbers and grip issue.
For grip strength I usually did farmer's walks, smith machine shrugs and upping deadlift frequency/volume.

if you can't use chalk like i did, consider getting straps if you still want to work your posterior. don't let your grip limit how far you can push your deadlifts especially if you're not competing

careful with these loaded carries if you don't want a thick core for aesthetic reasons
>>
>>36033099
>don't let your grip limit how far you can push your deadlifts especially if you're not competing

This is fine advice...for someone with a much better deadlift number. He should be able to hold 275 lbs in his hands. I believe this only starts applying in the 500lb+ range. Straps can be used to pull more weight while your grip catches up.
>>
>>36029379
>it's not gay if you don't look
Takes a fucking picture
Fucking hell anon.
>>
>>36033049
Well there's less range of motion. The further down the bar is the further you have to bend/stretch/reach etc. It's harder to keep the form tight the lower it is due to the beginning of the lift.
I dunno how to explain it correctly atm.

If the bar is higher up it gives you an easier starting position, and your upper-mid back muscles work from the beginning.
Just like if you're on your knees before you get up to lift it, you can easily pick it up and adjust it from there since its basically at lock-out position.
>>
>>36029332
This picture is hyper-gay. And I like it.
>>
File: image.png (351 KB, 811x573) Image search: [Google]
image.png
351 KB, 811x573
>>36032937
literally what
>>
>>36029317
I have the same problem

static holds help

I do 3x30 secs starting at 50 % of my 5RM

when you're able to do 30 seconds add some weight
>>
>>36032995
One handed hangs are nice. I'm at bw 180 so a one handed hang is the same as 360lbs of deadlift hold
>>
>>36033211
that makes sense, thanks.
>>
>>36029317
Iktfb, for me:
>chalk
>conventional frip for first 2 reps
>hook for the next 2
>wrist straps on the 5th and above
>heavy rack pulls on other days
I know I should probably do mixed grip but it just feels uncomfortable to me.
>>
>>36029317
Chalk will help you for sure.
Dont deadlift with the fat squat bar, use the slightly thinner olympic bar with better knurling.
>>
>>36033490

That is how you grip the bar correctly.
>>
>>36034417
I switched the two bottom pictures

you got played brah
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.