[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it like this everywhere?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: morons.png (3 KB, 236x118) Image search: [Google]
morons.png
3 KB, 236x118
Lately I hate going to my gym and the only reason is the other people there. It's affecting my workouts because I leave early because I just can't stand being around these people.

The biggest problem is:

>Perpetual racking of the plates in the wrong spot, by everybody

You have to see it to believe how fucking stupid these people are - racking 45s in front of 25s or 25s in front of 10s, etc. - and it VERY prevalent at my gym.

It just infuriates me so much. Every now and then, I fix the weight racks, then I feel like an asshole for doing so, because either the employees or the people that autistically racked them in the first place should do it, but they don't give a shit.

I'm sure every gym has this problem to some extent but mine must be worse than most. Do you think I should bother changing gyms, or is it like this everywhere?

Other stories from my gym:

>People doing exercises with a 2-inch ROM for 20 reps, not even lifting the weight, just swinging it back and forth
>People generally working out like idiots
>Lots of people that work out in jeans [doesn't anger me, they just look stupid]
>We only have 2 squat racks
>Today some kids decided to bring a bench to one of them to do dumbbell flies
>Little children running around the gym
>Obnoxious shit music, same songs every day
>This one black guy actually brings his own speakers and plays his own shit for everyone to hear, in addition to the gym's radio
>Lots of others blast their headphones so loud they might as well be that black guy
>Only 1 urinal, doesn't completely flush, leaks onto wall/floor, smells like old piss
>Door to men's bathroom stays shut because of stupid location of the urinal
>Every time you walk out, you risk having the door opened into your face
>More often than not, there is no soap or paper towels in the bathroom

Also gym moron stories thread
>>
>>35709900
I work out at an employee gym at my law enforcement center. Primarily police officers work out here. They are the worst offenders when it comes to not reracking weights, leaving shit all over the gym, and leaving their loaded ezcurl bars from doing lolcurls everywhere. It's like the ego from being a police officer has went to their heads so much that they refuse to stoop as low as showing a little common courtesy.
>>
>>35709900
The more boomers/gen-x'ers go to your gym, the worse it is. The more you pay for your gym, the worse it is. Tried a few gyms while my school gym was closed for winter and the weights were always in the wrong spots. When I was using a piece of equipment, I was circled by people giving nasty looks as I rested instead of just asking how many sets I had left. I'm sorry the squat rack is part of your circuit but maybe this is your fault for not thinking things through or opening your mouth to ask for it. Did have one old guy help me load up my deadlift though. Old people are either extremely entitled shits or total bros, with the latter being too rare.

Go to a college gym that's no charge. Never seen a dumbbell in the wrong place. I saw a 10 in front of a 2.5 today but that was the only time it happened. The gym has 8 power racks and they are almost all used. All of them are taken regularly so people learn to work in. People will help strip two plates off each side between sets to make better use of the equipment.

The only really annoying thing, no matter where you go, is watching people's horrible, horrible form. I want to help but feel it's none of my business.
>>
>>35709900
At least they are racked.
There's nothing worse for triggering OCD than plates, dumbbells and kettlebells all over the floor.
>>
>>35709900
>This one black guy actually brings his own speakers and plays his own shit for everyone to hear, in addition to the gym's radio
i work out in the middle of the night, and typically the only other person in the gym is the maintenance guy who brings his own little stereo with him when he works. he blasts classic rock which drowns out the intense house-trance-crap that plays non-stop - and i love it. when Walk of Life came on i had the best set of squats ive ever had in my whole life
>>
Plates on different pegs doesn't bother me, I guess. There's only a few different sizes, and it's not like the one you're after isn't right there on another peg anyway.

Dumbbells in the wrong order, however, infuriates me to no end, simply because they all look about the same and now you have to actually look at them all to find the one you need.
>>
File: 1450099492748.png (332 KB, 400x595) Image search: [Google]
1450099492748.png
332 KB, 400x595
Do you go to Macewan University? Because you've basically summed it up.
>>
>>35710056
AS someone who's new to working out, I would love it if someone called me on my form. I'm just trying to emulate youtube videos without being able to see myself to know what I'm doing. If someone would call me on it and correct me, I would be slightly embarrassed but grateful they corrected me before I seriously fucked myself up.
>>
>>35709900
Dude, some people are just scum and you have to live with that or you'll give yourself a damn stroke. It's like the people who shit on the floor next to the toilet in public restrooms. Fucking animals.
>>
>>35711061
Yeah but 95% of people would get assblasted
>>
>>35709950
That's hilarious, the fucking NOPD SWAT guy at my gym is notorious for leaving barbells on the floor and piles of pl8 next to it. Often times the barbell from a bench. I once watched him just drop the bar from waist height after finishing his curl set and walk out. Literally just went wat and continued my sets.
>>
File: Bob_Backlund5_1535.jpg (20 KB, 288x361) Image search: [Google]
Bob_Backlund5_1535.jpg
20 KB, 288x361
I just hate how over crowded it's been since New Years. I've had to move my work ours to later & it completely fucked up my sleep routine. Especially since most of the new people are just taking up space & not doing much else. Few more months & the herd should thin out significantly.
>>
>>35709900

Man, its absurdly common. My gym seems to have more of the NYR than usual but shit. I am unable to train from 16:00-18:00 because its just way too crowded with 'hurr durr bros', the fuck wits who have to wear a baseball cap and finish every sentence with 'brah'.

I told this idiot fucking indian to use a towel next time and unrack his weights because its annoying and disgusting. Wtf is with goddamn Indians not realizing they smell like shit? Then he came over and just stared at me while I was doing up-right rows. It was bloody strange.
>>
>>35711061
unfortunately for you 95% of people who correct strangers form have no idea what they're talking about
>>
>>35713547
Probably planning a jihad against you.
>>
>>35711061
When I started out I just asked this really jacksd guy that was squating 4 plate, really helped out. Miss him
>>
>>35712985
SWAT niggas dont fuck around
>>
>>35709900
>People doing exercises with a 2-inch ROM for 20 reps, not even lifting the weight, just swinging it back and forth
>People generally working out like idiots
so they're making no gains.
I'd rather see fags who lift peanuts and don't grown than faggots who outprogress me, kek
>Today some kids decided to bring a bench to one of them to do dumbbell flies
if someone is doing something retarded in powercage/squat rack and there are no vacant ones, don't be a cuck and tell them to fuck off
>Lots of others blast their headphones so loud they might as well be that black guy
that's because of the shit music and nigger with the speakers, retard
get earphones faggot, solves everything
>Every time you walk out, you risk having the door opened into your face
so approach the door from the side it doesn't open into, jesus fuck
>More often than not, there is no soap or paper towels in the bathroom
haha, he washes his hands at the gym so he can touch the bar covered in stale nigger juices with clean hands
bring your own soap and wash hands before changing back

anyway, didn't realize how nice my gym is. plates are always stacked properly and everyone reracks everything. even the music is tolerable, trainers run it with no shitty pop/nigger shit on the playlist.
>>
>>35709900
misplaced plates/db's are my warmup. I literally have none of your other problems. get on my level, OP.
>>
>>35713147
iktfw bro
went at 6 pm once (usually go in the morning), back+legs day
lat pulldown thing anally occupied by like 4 people
both squat racks are taken
both diddilift areas are taken
t-bar thing is taken
decline bench where I usually do rows is taken
all barbells except for a standard one are taken
almost no weights on the racks except for 1pl8s and 2.5/5 lb pl8s
all benches are taken, can't even DB rows

I walked around for 5 minutes then changed back, went home and came back again two hours later.
>>
>>35711061
I had a PT last night tell me how my pendlay row form was wrong and I was bending my lower back. Only had 2 sets left, and I still couldn't get it right in the heat of the moment, felt like a bit of a wanker not sorting it out.
>>
Are you guys American?

My gym is always in order, even during the early hours of the morning when the staff have been gone since 5pm the day before.

I think being messy is a culture thing.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.