[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going back to school this semester, and along with it,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_0062.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0062.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
I'm going back to school this semester, and along with it, I want to lose weight. Yeah yeah, inb4 newyearsfag. I want to lose my original freshman 50 from my first attempt at University and be the track star I was in HS again.

So I move into my new place. Landlord says that the old tenant moved out in a hurry and left behind a lot of shit, furniture, dishes, etc. I check out the pantry and there's TONS of /fit/ related foods here.

Here's a quick inventory:

- Around 30 cans of tuna
- At least 400 bags of green tea
- 1 large bag of quinoa
- 1 large tub of smooth peanut butter
- 1 large tub of coffee
- 1 container of coconut oil
- 2 containers of stevia
- 2 containers of 100% natural maple syrup
- 1 large bag of jasmine rice
- 1 small bag of brown rice
- 6 empty protein powder tubs filled to the brim with rolled oats, ground flax seed, hemp hearts, almonds, soy beans, and lentils
- 3 full protein powder tubs (chocolate, vanilla, and cookies & cream)

I've got a few questions related to this stuff. I'm absolutely new to this. I have no idea if I hit the mother lode or if a lot of this shit is just worthless.

- Can you guys recommend any good recipes that utilizes some of these ingredients? I have no idea what I'm going to do with coconut oil or hemp hearts, for example.

- Is there anything here I should ditch? I've heard a lot of bad things about soy beans and estrogen, should those just go in the garbage?

- Is it actually safe to store some of these things at room temperature in old containers like this? The soy beans and help hearts smell a bit odd, but I don't know if it's rot or just how they're meant to smell.

Pic related: It's the pantry shelf with all of the stuff I scored. Don't mind the instant noodle packages on the right hand side, those are mine.
>>
Basically just buy fresh veggies once a week and you're otherwise set with food for a semester.
>>
>>35602267
you just found the /fit/ goldmine OP
>>
Non bullshit answer

>Around 30 cans of tuna
Tuna is the most mercury filled fish, literally anything else is better, try salmon if you can

>At least 400 bags of green tea
Green tea is jam full of fluoride and radiation, switch to white tea for more antioxidents and no toxins

>1 large bag of quinoa
Nice

>1 large tub of smooth peanut butter
Try to get as natural as possible, jif and shit is loaded with sugar

>1 large tub of coffee
Good, drink it black

>1 container of coconut oil
The biggest meme cooking oil, so much saturated fat it might as well be butter. Try to use olive oil for unsaturated fat, your heart will thank you

>2 containers of stevia
Good

>2 containers of 100% natural maple syrup
Not bad but just extra sugar, don't make this too much of a habit

>1 large bag of jasmine rice
>1 small bag of brown rice
Rice is always good, brown is even better

>6 empty protein powder tubs filled to the brim with rolled oats, ground flax seed, hemp hearts, almonds, soy beans, and lentils

Great choice on lentils, oats, hemp hearts and almonds (try to buy unsalted and raw). Ditch the flax and soybeans, it's like taking a birth control pill there's so much estrogen

>3 full protein powder tubs (chocolate, vanilla, and cookies & cream

Buy unflavored isolate next time, oftentimes cheaper and much better for you, still tastes great unless you are a massive pussy.
>>
>>35602267

dump out the tuna, too much mercury
dump out the green tea/coffee, only drink water
dump out the quinoa, oats, and rice, too much carbs
dump out the peanut butter, to much fat
dump out the proetin power, too much processed protein, only get protein from natural sources
dump out the coconut oil and hemp hearts and stevia, people will think youre a weirdo for having it around

only keep the instant noodles and the maple syrup
>>
File: 1449127097274.png (92 KB, 283x343) Image search: [Google]
1449127097274.png
92 KB, 283x343
>>35602267
>from the gains ashes of your precursor you will rise like a swole phoenix

he left you a gift...
>>
I'm fucking jelly
>>
>>35602436
>all that tuna bullshit
If there was even close to a dangerous level of mercury in tune don't you think they would have had their bank accounts emptied by lawsuits?

>le leddit estrogen meme
You have to eat so much of that stuff to have any effects of estrogen you are going to have other serious problems too
>>
>>35602267
>freshman 50

how do people manage to gain so much fat from college?

came back home for the break after first semester and people are already blowing up...especially the females. i came back with more gainz than before and most of my other peers are already achieving beer guts and ultra high test bodies

im genuinely curious as the why this happens. the dining hall provides healthy options so is it just lack of discipline?
>>
>>35604190
It's alcohol.
>>
>>35604258
Anon is right.

So many of my uni friends complain about how they are getting fat and yet don't eat anymore than they used too.

What they ignore is that they drink 1kcal or more worth of alcohol every other day on top of their shit diets.
>>
>>35604190
>>35604258
>>35604336

Was less alcohol for me, more the fact that the cafeteria was an all-you-can-eat buffet and I had almost no food growing up.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.