[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does lifting work the same way for girls? I mean as far as building
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9
File: 1449463125404.jpg (199 KB, 1427x1071) Image search: [Google]
1449463125404.jpg
199 KB, 1427x1071
Does lifting work the same way for girls?

I mean as far as building confidence/selfesteem, getting motivation for other stuff, getting mired, and "making it"?
>>
>>35406016
Yep, but your progress in the long run will be very slow compared to a guy, gals built 50% less muscle mass than guys, also, a lot of womans are into oly lifting and powerlifting, you just need to train.
>>
It sure will! I like the process I made, I surprise myself all the time with how strong I am now.

It does take longer, but its so worth it.
>>
>>35406016
Woman can't build mass to save their life, but they can build some pretty respectable strength, even natty. Which is why they tend to go for power lifting and oly lifting. Or crossshit.
>>
Crossfit. Fuck ya.
>>
>>35407905
Go away with your shitty programming.
>>
Not really, since for women having sex is a choice. Any woman could ask a friend or just go outside and find someone to have sex with in 10 minutes, hell you could probably find someone to pay you if you're not ugly.

I mean, there is no acheivement in getting mired as a female since male beta thirst is the strongest force in the world.
>>
>>35406016
no
for a woman to be aesthetic she only needs to not eat as a whale every single day, and lifting is not necessary
for confidence and self esteem, being mired and considered pretty, theres already a lot of male attention no matter what you do
>>
>>35406016
It builds self esteem for sure. No smart women actually base their self esteem on male attention considering men will fuck anything and you can be absolutely hideous with a horrible personality and still get attention. It can help improve depression and anxiety too, same as it can with dudes.

It's only worth doing for yourself though, or if you're fat. Once you're thin, it's like 95% genetics determining how hot you are. Everything men like about women (ass, tits, hips) is genetic, you won't get a huge jiggly bubble booty no matter how much you lift if you don't have those genetics. Investing time into learning how to apply makeup will get you way further, but quite frankly it's somewhat pointless since you can find a guy to love you no matter how ugly you are.
>>
Not really.

Making it is increasing lifts, but the only attention I get is from weirdos who want me to wrestle them naked.

Making it for a woman is being born with naturally attractive proportions, maintaining low body fat, and having an attractive face. No amount of lifting and dieting is going to fix my dog face.
>>
>>35408334
post face bb?
>>
Lifting is an awesome confidence booster. The sense of accomplishment I have after lifting carries my throughout the day/week.

Lifting is also the most effective way to cut body fat while preserving muscle mass, which leads to a healthy/more attractive you, which adds to that confidence thing.
>>
It feels amazing when you're on your period
>>
>>35409044

Wut?

I've never felt more dragged out and weak when I lift on my period. Also the constant worry of if I bleed through and leave bloody spots on the bench.
>>
>>35406016
You know how you guys complain that, no matter the results, lifting doesn't take away your autism or your insecurities?

It's even worse for us
>>
File: 1438603787088.jpg (23 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1438603787088.jpg
23 KB, 480x640
>>35410583
>It's even worse for us

Lol why the fuck would it be? Because you're a special snowflake?
>>
File: careful not to fall for it.png (55 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
careful not to fall for it.png
55 KB, 625x626
>>35407905
>>
>>35408005
this
>>
>>35407630
Why not?
>>
>>35410895
No I think the implication is, for a lowly female, no amount of lifting and juicy gains can fix the self consciousness of having an ugly face. Mean while all guys have ugly faces (except for top tier celebrities), so it doesn't matter as much.
>>
>>35410895
goal body
>>
>>35406016
>>35408005
Unless she's obese, women already get mired and only have fake self esteem problems that they talk about for attention. It's why most of them don't bother getting fit, they don't need to. They can get tons of attention from guys by just being average.
You'll get some /fit/ guys checking you out more if you squat heavy, but even guys who prefer fit grills will usually settle for a normal one.
>>
>>35408327
Ass and hips, and legs, are not just genetics go lift. And most guys don't care much about boobs anyway.

>>35408334
Making it for a woman is being born a woman. Count your blessings and go get laid if you need an ego boost.
>>
Women can gain leg muscle pretty fast. Arms/back, not so much.
>>
There is no such thing as women "making it" because they already have all of those things to begin with, unless they are morbidly obese or ridiculously ugly.
>>
>>35413067
Getting laid by some gross undesirable dude is no ego boost
>>
>>35414603
What things?
>>
>>35414677
>Confidence/self esteem
>getting mired
>getting laid/having relationships
>being treated great by other people
>>
>>35414902
Do you go outside? You have one bloody warped and extremely cynical view of women. Perhaps jaded is a more appropriate term.

Pull your head out of your ass.
>>
>>35414653
Then go have sex with a guy who's not grossd and undesirable genius.
You're a woman.. You can go online and find a guy more attractive than you are to fuck tonight if you want

>>35414976
What did he say that's not true? An average looking woman has all of those, more than most guys.
>>
>>35415454
That's not true. Most girls have some pretty big self esteem issues,
>>
>>35415503
They have fake ones for attention. If the opposite gender likes you more than you like them, you don't have real self esteem problems. Women who never get rejected but claim they somehow have self esteem problems are just attention whores.
If they actually had self esteem problems, then why are their standards still so high? The average woman has far higher standards than the average man, if they actually had low self esteem they'd be more willing to settle. Instead they'll go on OKCupid and reject a hundred guys for minor reasons. Meanwhile when a guy had real self esteem problems he'll settll for any woman that will talk to him
>>
>>35406016

Yes but not to the same extent. To get 'mired, all a woman really needs to do is show up and not be a hamplanet.
>>
This thread should serve to remind you that /fit/ is just /r9k/ with muscles
>>
>>35416637
We're a bit cooler than them tho
>>
>>35410583
>implying girls can get autism in this society
lmao
>>
>>35414976
Do you go outside or is womanly solipsism this infinite?
>>
>>35407905
I hate crossfit but i will say that womens body responds well to it.
>>
>>35408005
yea but women often do compete with each other in social settings they want the attention of the most attractive man in the room whether that is physical attraction, financially, or socially. Women want to be more appealing than the next woman.
>>
>>35410583
>implying autism is a problem for girls
Only one gender is judged on social competence, and it ain't you
OKCupid is full of autismo girls who get tons of dudes wanting to date them.

>>35416637
>implying any of the guys above are wrong

>>35417363
It sucks. I hate crossfit, and because of previous injuries probably can't do it anyway. But my gym only has dudes lifting. Crossfit is probably the best place to meet /fit/ girls instead of stupid cardio bunnies.
>>
>>35417927
Crossfit isn't even that bad
>>
>>35417927
>who get tons of dudes wanting to date them.

How many of these dudes are worth dating tho?
>>
>>35415896
>If the opposite gender likes you more than you like them, you don't have real self esteem problems.

Whoa thank you professor, what a riveting argument. You sure know the ins and outs of this topic. I forgot how good with the human mind /fit/ is
>>
>>35415454
>You're a woman.. You can go online and find a guy more attractive than you are to fuck tonight if you want

Yeah, if you're cute in the face that is
But not if you're ugly
>>
>>35420152
>But not if you're ugly

Not true. i know SEVERAL guys who would fuk any girl if she wasn't autistic and put out. We don't really consider face as musch as women do. expecially if we havent had sex in a while or ever.
>>
>>35420198
>We don't really consider face as musch as women do.
That's a lie
>>
I've been lifting for 5 years, but hit about my maxes 2 years in, and now I'm plateaued.

My stats:
> 104 lbs
> bench: 95 lbs
> squat: 130 lbs
> deadlift: 185 lbs

If I want to make gains, I have to seriously chug protein powder and really make an effort to eat a lot of protein. It's kind of too much, and my weight goes up as well.
>>
>>35420398
47 kg
How tall are you??!?!!!?!?!
>>
>>35422003
Don't bully the womanlet
>>
>>35420125
tons. The quality of women on OKC is shit but there are way more men on there and there are a lot of high-quality guys. Especially if she's not going to hypocritically reject men for being autismos, then she's going to be in heaven.
Since online dating existed, any woman who is single is choosing to be single. There are plenty of great men she can get dates with online.

>>35420152
>>35420393
It's not. Men aren't nearly as shallow as women are. I'd date/fuck at least 90% of fit girls. Probably closer to 100%, I've rarely met a woman in good shape that I'd reject based on looks. For myself and lots of other guys, we just care about whether or not you're in decent shape.

I am certain you haven't actually tried to fuck a cute guy. Go make an OKCupid profile and include "casual sex" in the "looking for" field. Or just go for dating if you want a bf. Or try Tinder or Craigslist Causal Encounters or whatever. If you aren't a ham, then you WILL have success
>>
>>35423517
>Men aren't nearly as shallow as women are

That's a goddamned lie
>>
File: fatty got BTFO.jpg (54 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
fatty got BTFO.jpg
54 KB, 700x525
>>35423530
No it's not. Women judge men on things like heights and facial aesthetics, which is shallow as fuck because those are mostly just genetic.

Whereas men just don't want to fuck a fatty, which isn't shallow at all because fat girls can just stop being fat.
>>
>>35411111
Nice quints breh
>>
>>35423530
Is that why women spent most of their time on make up and watching make up tutorials on YouTube?
>>
>>35406300
Traps don't count anon
>>
>>35423605
How is makeup and youtube tutorials gonna affect the criteria they use to choose their partners? If anything it says women care more about how they look than how their partner looks.
>>
>>35423563
So facial aesthetics on women don't count
Yeah right
>>
File: 1451291384798.jpg (45 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1451291384798.jpg
45 KB, 600x600
>>35423685
Guys fuck butterfaces. Women do not.

Also let's not forget the power of makeup. There is no excuse for any normal woman to be under a 6/10 with makeup
>>
File: mugen.jpg (13 KB, 528x318) Image search: [Google]
mugen.jpg
13 KB, 528x318
ITT: Kissless virgins of /fit/ being experts on female life and physche.
>>
>>35423517
>online dating
>quality guys
>OKC
>quality guys
Oh boy, someone's deluded. Guess what Sparky, you are just as horrible in quality and desperate as all those females. Just because there's more horny, desperate males in the world, does not mean you aren't desperate and pathetic in your own way.
>no, but I'm one of the good ones
>all online dating males can't be bad because I'm one, and I don't want to accept that yet
>so ill just put the blame on all online dating females instead so.I never have) face up to my shortcomings
Oh puh-lease. Get over your massive delusions.
>>
>>35423724
>Guys fuck butterfaces. Women do not.

That's all women do
Like seriously
Most guys are ugly as fuck in the face and yet they get girlfriends get married get to grow old with the woman they married
>>
>>35423905
This roastie seems awfully mad.
>>
File: zyzz gf.jpg (23 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
zyzz gf.jpg
23 KB, 403x403
>>35423730
someone always gets assblasted and calls everyone a KV loser who doesn't know what they're talking about. I mean, if you want me to lie to you and say that women can "make it" then you should just go to some female hugbox like reddit.

Yes, you will get more confident from lifting and getting a hotter body. But the truth is that women will never have mirin stories like men (women call this harassment), no lifting bros, no friendly competition, no Zyzz/Arnie/Klokov inspiration, no 2pl8 bench/other PRs, no hiding their power level, no father-son moments, no tfwnogf, no euphoric epiphanies ("I don't need a gf"), etc. 98% of gym women never even break out of dyel mode and very few even desire to do so "I just wanna be skinny! D:"

I can't tell you what "making it" feels like for a woman but it's certainly not any of the above. "Making it" in that sense is reserved for a man.

>>35423938
No, butterface means great body with a bad face, and fucking=/=dating. I see someone is blue-pilled about dating and marriage but that's another subject for another board (hint: not /r9k/)

>Most guys are ugly as fuck in the face
So are women without makeup dude.
>>
>>35424074
>and fucking=/=dating

we're talking about dating tho
>>
>>35424074
>>Most guys are ugly as fuck in the face
>So are women without makeup dude.

So we agree both sexes are getting busy with ugly people then
>>
Absolutely. Lifting feels fantastic, it gives me such great self-esteem boost. I like my gains and my results. I don't care about the amounts of weight I'm lifting, mirror tells me that I've done something right.

But has lifting made me more appealing to the opposite sex, no I wouldn't say so. Luckily I was born with a pretty nice body structure, I got wide hips, round ass, long legs, nice tits and my waist-hip ratio is exactly 0,3. My face isn't bad either, a bit unusual maybe, but no big no-nos there and I got pretty eyes and high cheekbones. I guess it's the kind of a face you either find attractive or not.

Men doesn't really approach me, other than the middle aged men who are talking to me all the time at gym and mirin' without realizing that I can actually see what they are doing from the mirror in front of me.

So nope, lifting doesn't help getting more male attention though nor men doesn't seem to find it a really special or positive thing. But like I cared, I wouldn't give up on lifting for any man on this earth,
>>
>>35420398
> 104 lbs
> bench: 95 lbs
> squat: 130 lbs
> deadlift: 185 lbs
Ready the sticky.Read starting strength.PLEASE APPLY YOURSELF
5 years
y
e
a
r
s
>>
>>35423905
See that's the problem, and how I know you nor any other woman reading this has any actual self esteem issues. You're standards are impossibly high. You find a great guy in good shape with lots of common interests and its still not good enough for you. If you actually had low self esteem you'd be willing to ""settle"" for a guy that's only 99% perfect.

But you still think you're fucking royalty so you reject thousands of men for extremely minor reasons

>>35423685
They don't count nearly as much as they do for men, no.
Again your just pretending you have trouble getting laid and pretending you have self esteem issues. You aren't actually trying to get laid because you would rather whine about not getting laid then actually go get laid. Have you even tried online dating or Tinder? Do you even approach guys at all? You don't have anything real to complain about so you make up problems to feel sorry for yourself. Men aren't as shallow as you are, sorry. Stop projecting.

Post a face+body pic and what state/country you live. We can probably find somebody on /fit/ to give you the old lickaroo.
>>
File: Aziz wife.jpg (573 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Aziz wife.jpg
573 KB, 600x800
>>35424157
Anons were talking about both

>>35424170
When it comes to dating, sure, women will go with an ugly guy. Read up on hypergamy

Pic related, not to say the dude doesn't have a great personality and charm but he is pretty damn ugly+rich
>>
>>35423563
kek
>>
File: 1433257979547.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1433257979547.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>Recently turned 28
>Just now realized how delusional 99% of women on this planet are
>tfw getting old and my mom keeps asking when I'm getting married/having kids
>tfw every single woman around me is a 25-30 year old used up slut, usually single mom who thinks she's in my league because we're the same age and single.

I really fucking regret not banging women all my life. I had one girlfriend when I was 21 up until I was 25 and then I had sex with two women up until I was 28. I kept looking for intimacy/high quality women and now I can only see those qualities in women under 25. Women in general however are delusional as fuck when it comes to men. They honestly think they deserve a guy who's 6'3, shredded, drives a bugatti and works a 100k job when they're 20-25. But the problem is - It's almost impossible for men that age to even come close to that standard and they refuse to date men who are older because of this new "OH MY GOD, HOW CREEPY! THAT 30 YEAR OLD GUY MUST BE SOOOOOOO IMMATURE IF HE'S DATING THAT 22 YEAR OLD!" culture that's going around.

Honestly fuck my shit up senpai. Debating on killing myself when I turn 35.
>>
>>35425691
Live and lift for yourself senpai.
>>
>>35425691

dude just do your best, dont let bitterness control your life. I used to be bitter too, but then I realized that via lifting, I only need to rely on myself to make progress.

be your best, for yourself. I guarantee you will feel better. dont let anger let your life go to shit, you can improve it.
>>
>>35425691
There are plenty of girls that date older men, usually because they have money and their shit together.
Not sure how you find them though
>>
>>35425912

>28 is considered "old"

fuck off
>>
>>35406016
No. Women don't think like men. Their confidence comes from validation rather than actual self worth.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.