[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you ready for all those New Year's Resolution fatties
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 13
File: 79654487.FAa76Q9h.DSC_0006.jpg (256 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
79654487.FAa76Q9h.DSC_0006.jpg
256 KB, 750x500
Are you ready for all those New Year's Resolution fatties to come into your gym?
>>
File: 1270454431951.png (50 KB, 259x175) Image search: [Google]
1270454431951.png
50 KB, 259x175
This will be the third year in a row I start working out around New Years. Not because I make a resolution, but because I'm more energized and less busy because of the school holiday. I'm not one of them, I swear.
>>
My contract with my current gym ends january 11 and I'm going to switch to a different one closer to my home then. I hope anyone tries to give me shit for being new in January so I can shove a barbell up their ass
>>
>>35406001

>tfw you start noticing non-regulars trickling in
>tfw you know they'll be gone in a matter of weeks

Why do they even bother? Aside from selfies that imply that they work out.
>>
>>35406172
>I hope anyone tries to give me shit for being new in January

How would this ever happen in real life?
>>
>>35406001
Already happening... 'Cause 30 minutes of cardio will help them burn off a 10,000 calorie holiduy.
>>
The amount of new year resolution-ers fade in comparison to the swell in may-june for dat dere beach body
>>
>>35406001

Still pretending maybe it won't happen this year.
I go to the gym at my university though so I'm fucked
>>
File: 20151217_160800.jpg (726 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
20151217_160800.jpg
726 KB, 1080x1080
>>35406001

>fell off hard after a fucking horrible relationship in 2014
>put on nearly 50 pounds
>started lifting casually late December of 2014
>progressively became more committed
>really stepped shit up as of March

Made a big change in my life and Ive continued to stick with it. So many great things have come as a result. Im more focused than ever, I have a beautiful, supportive girlfriend (who loves the gym as much as I do) - Im going to be living on my own in the next month, Ive already bought a house, buying an investment property is a goal of mine for 2016. Life is looking up for the first time in as long as I can remember.

Life has only been made better by my discipline in returning to the gym - sure my diet isnt where it should be and I could definitely be so much more. Gym time is therapy to me and I would hate to deny that to anyone looking to right their wrongs the way I have.

Everyone walks a different path - as long as they put fourth the effort of walking through the door and actively trying to change themselves - I'll do my best to support and encourage them.

Not that I talk to anyone at the gym anyways, but I wont be giving anyone a nasty look or put off any negative energy. They have enough of that shit pulling them down as is.

>Pic very much related
>fatass and NYR asshole
>me
>>
>>35406001

it already started

at least new years faggots dont use free weights.
>>
>>35406358
fuckin sick progress, keep it up
>>
I started lifting less than a year ago and I'm about to deal with resolutioners for the first time. I'm dreading it; I hope most of them will stay away from the squat racks and other things that I use.
>>
>>35406490
im in the same boat anon. from what i hear they stick to machines for the most part
>>
>>35406358
Good shit bro. I want to be you.
>sick beard gains
>>
>>35406490
>>35406502
Why not be helpful? It sounds like you were in the same position last year. I know this is 4chins and won't mean much, but don't be such an asshole.
>>
>>35406490
>>35406502
It's not anywhere near as bad as people make it out to be. 75% of them will stick to the treadmills and the 25% that don;t will be too timid and afraid to fuck with you. This will be my ninth new years and it's never been an issue at any gym I've been to.
>>
>>35406735
i definitely will if they ask for help or if they are doing something dangerous or some shit
>>
File: adolfhat.jpg (10 KB, 188x250) Image search: [Google]
adolfhat.jpg
10 KB, 188x250
They are already there. Hog the fucking bench press to do abdominals

The only good thing is that by February they are gone
>>
File: 1337111546003s.jpg (13 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1337111546003s.jpg
13 KB, 251x251
>tfw there's always that one that sticks through and continues to improve
I can't wait to find out which one it is! The one I motivated enough to stick it out is now doing handstand push-ups!
>>
It's times like January that I'm glad my gym is tiny and hidden. There will be a small influx, but not nearly as many as the public gym down the road. I'll be enjoying my same empty squat racks and weight room space.

Besides, I can see all my front desk co-workers rubbing their hands together as they smell the incoming riches they'll be gaining as people sign up for personal training sessions. It's gonna smell like tears and money.
>>
>>35406360
fuck you
>>35406502
fuck you
>>35406001
fuck you
>>35406196
fuck you
>>35406252
fuck you
>>35406330
fuck you
>>35407088
fuck you
any reason enough for someone even to fucking start is a good one
I hope you all get slipped disks
>>
>>35408247
Found the fatty.
>>
>>35406001
DOMS will thin them out within the first few weeks. Also planet shitness is likely getting most of them. Love my hole in the wall 24hr gym.
>>
>>35406001
Good thing my gym is busy year round!

;-;
>>
File: 1450946428809.png (91 KB, 207x189) Image search: [Google]
1450946428809.png
91 KB, 207x189
>>35408247
found the kid who benches the bar
>>
No. Its just another /fit/ meme that doesn't exist in real life like most of /fit/'s memes.
>>
>>35408247
>goes to gym to do body weight routine
>>
>fat chicks in tight yoga pants
my dick can't wait desu senpai
I know I have a problem
>>
>>35408330
Doms is natures say of weeding out the weak
>>
So let me understand this, you mock fat people for being fat but you also mock fat people who want to change themselves for the better and make an effort?

>>35406196

People like this and the OP are the reason why a good percentage of overweight people give up after a while, instead of complaining that they're trying to change their lifestyle, how about some encouragement?

You're probably the type of person who laughs at a fat person in the street jogging.
>>
>>35408247
theres nothing at all wrong with people wanting to start. im just bitching cause the gym will get super crowded
>>
>>35408568
If they give up because people give them funny looks at the gym or something, or can't take the pain etc. that doesn't make us the problem. The problem is they're not only physically weak and out of shape, they don't have the strength of will to keep pushing themselves despite all of that, they flat out don't want it bad enough. Go back to your safe space faggot. You're not gonna make a physical change with a mental one. MTFU pussies. Lol select all images with ice cream..
>>
>>35408675
Without a mental one*
>>
File: beached.jpg (24 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
beached.jpg
24 KB, 660x371
>>35406001
WHY THE FUCK IS NO ONE HELPING THAT POOR MAMMAL??????
>>
>>35408726
Beach is littered with dyels, they can't move it :^( captcha: select all food. Kek
>>
>>35408247
Donte pls go
>>
>>35408726
My thought exactly
My first instinct would be to throw it back in the sea where it belongs
>>
File: sexy potato.png (104 KB, 288x291) Image search: [Google]
sexy potato.png
104 KB, 288x291
I'm thinking about going to the gym for the first time too, honestly. I'm a 256lb butterball who could only pull through PE by the skin of their teeth all throughout middle and highschool, but I want to change, /fit/. I'm studying through the stickies here and brushing up on gym etiquette. Even if I don't go the distance and drop out like the rest(Motherfucking genetically inherited depression and shit self-esteem issues can kiss my fat cunt), I'll do my best not to fuck it up for everyone else.

Here's hoping I can make it and become optimum beef dyke
>>
>>35409830
jus push yourself, progress is slow just keep doing it till your fit.
>>
today
>two 13 year olds walk in
>change for like ten minutes
>both go to the dumbbells
>one starts grabbing random heavy dumbbells and can't even unrack them
>eventually goes down to 5 kg ones
>does one set of wildly swinging half-curls
>passes dbs to the other kid who does the same thing
>move on to seated press machine and do one set
>sit on machines and talk for 15 minutes not doing anything
>change back
>leave

then there's two fat oldish women who've been around for two weeks now, doing completely random shit, but at least they show up regularly and kinda try

then there's an influx of grills who spend two hours squatting and lunging an empty bar in smith machine. for real

all these are all at least dedicated enough to start showing up before the actual new year tho
>>
>>35409830
bitch you're gonna be fine

just make sure you eat right and your gym routine is not the waste of time most grills do. and stay the fuck away from treadmill/running in general if you don't want to fuck up your knees

do a proper routine, work your arms, chest and shoulders and back as well as ass and legs and don't worry about growing any of those "too big" - you never will. strengthen your core, because your spine might already be kinda fucked. and stay the fuck away from women-oriented fitness advice, it's all a cesspool of bullshit, hugboxes and shitty broscience.

and don't worry about what people may or may not think about you, most people either don't care or will admire you if you show up regularly and make progress

gl bitch
>>
File: a.jpg (58 KB, 500x513) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
58 KB, 500x513
>>35406001
i'm more worried of morons

yesterday i witnessed the first wave of NYR. one guy maxed out the leg press with weights, he even put dumbbells on it.
>chicken legs
>no way he can press that
>mfw i'm about to witness someone break his legs
>barely moves the weight
>literally moving it for 1cm max
>>
This year i cant hide my power lvl anymore. Its too bad and lots of fun when u move weight people cant imagine ever doing.
>>
>>35406001
Sure, if it means some of them will stick with it and make some life changes. Then i say bring it on.
>>
File: 1445998374904.jpg (22 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
1445998374904.jpg
22 KB, 570x570
>>35406358
>>
>>35410315
And there you are in the middle of it all. Autistic and judging a couple of obese elderly women and a bunch of children only 13 years old.

You even went home to write about how much better you are than them on /fit/.

Even if i spent the rest of the year, I could not in any form or shape of creative writing describe to you how much of a loser you are and how bad you should feel about yourself.
>>
>>35406001
My gym is the largest gym in my city of 200k

What I'm not keen for the is the hundred or so newbies that swarm for the first two months of the year and cease to exist for the remaining 10.

What I am keen for? The dozen or so newbies that actually stick around after February and make impressive results in the long run. Those are the kind of people you want as your bros as you watch them join the rest of us on the road to making it.
>>
The gym I go to is really small, literally 2 pieces of cardio equipment, a spin-bike and an unplugged treadmill.

It's the size of a middle school gymnasium, one side is turf and agility stuff, the other is freeweights. And it's 24 hours so I can dodge NYR people if I felt like I needed to but I don't really care either way.
>>
It'll be annoying for 2-3 weeks then they're all gonna crack and drink soda and go to mcdonalds or something and never show up again. These people need a psychiatrist not a gym
>>
I don't know if it already started or if it's just the holidays...
yesterday at the gym:
>gym is unusually packed for this time of the day (~10AM)
>some parents are there with their kids
>they just let them run around and play games on their smartphones the whole time they're there
>all loud, annoying
>one guy doesn't understand basic physics and unloads all weight on one side of the bar
>bar tips over with all the weight on the other side and smashes into the mirror next to it (obviously breaking it)
>a couple almost getting it on in a corner
>buff dude going into really deep conversation about anime with another one
please kill me
>>
File: 1448537772172.png (377 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1448537772172.png
377 KB, 640x480
I just hope SIR finishes his comic in time
>>
>>35411283
Parents with their kids are the worst. How can anybody think it's a good idea? Not only is a gym an extremely dangerous place it's also very loud. I see people doing heavy deadlifts next to their toddlers. That can't be good for the kid's hearing
>>
File: 1446576762016.png (935 KB, 800x582) Image search: [Google]
1446576762016.png
935 KB, 800x582
>>35411283
>buff dude going into really deep conversation about anime with another one
Better than two fat stinky slob like you would expect.
Buff nerdy dudes are okay.
>>
>>35406001
Do people really do this in America? No one makes new year resolutions here.
>>
i love NYRfags i like catching a glimpse of them staring at me wide-eyed while i deadlift
>>
>>35408568
We're not mocking the ones who are commited and are willing to put in consistent effort, but rather those who will lose motivation after a few weeks and take up gym space.
>>
I was walking out of the gym yesterday and this old guy asked me to help him learn to use a machine, it felt pretty good to help, so I don't really care that much about resolution resolutioners
>>
>mfw I decided to not have lose weight as my resolution and instead started doing it mid-december
I figured if I can make it through christmas with all these gingerbread cookies and gallons of ice cream around, I could make it through 2016.

Been doing well too, staying under a calorie limit that would take at least 2 pounds off each week.
>>
>>35408568

If they give up because of something someone said on the internet not even directed at them personally then they were always going to give up.

>Oh somebody is laughing in the gym, must be at me, time to quit.
>Oh someone just looked at me, did he smile? Time to quit.
>Oh someone just said something on a Mongolian Finger Puppet forum, time to quit.

abloo bloo bloo it's so hard!
>>
>>35409830

Don't quit
>>
My gym was really busy today but I think it's because the closing times are early for this week.

I usually go at 7pm and there's usually just regulars there at that time.
>>
>>35409830
You can do it anon!
>>
>>35406001
mfw
>too poorfag for a gym
>>
File: nyr.jpg (774 KB, 1755x3285) Image search: [Google]
nyr.jpg
774 KB, 1755x3285
>>35408568
It's just the NYR fags cause only a few% of them have the motivation or will to last longer than a month or two and even less of them end up enjoying exercise.

It's not even January yet and the gym was already filled to the max between 11 AM & 3 PM, welp I guess I'll go at night time then.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.