[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any military/police/fire fags here? I start a city fire academy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Fire-Department-Logo-588x593.jpg (98 KB, 588x593) Image search: [Google]
Fire-Department-Logo-588x593.jpg
98 KB, 588x593
Any military/police/fire fags here? I start a city fire academy in just under 2 weeks. I'm wondering what a good pre-first day breakfast meal should be, and what time would be appropriate to eat it before I leave for it.

I start at 7am, but I was gonna get there at 6am for my first day to set a good impression. However, theres a good chance the first day will be nothing but PT and paperwork. I want to be able to maintain energy until lunchtime, but I'm not sure what a good meal is.

I was thinking of eating around 5am with the following meal:
>Oatmeal and a little brown sugar
>Glass of Orange Juice
>Bottle of water
>Apple
>2 eggs no salt, scrambled

With another bottle of water on the way there. What do you guys think?
>>
Police rookie here. A buddy of mine is a new hire for the city department, you better be ready to climb a metric fuck ton of stairs OP.
>>
>>35392584
Yeah I know that much.
>>
>>35392528
What's your average gym workout routine look like? I have oral boards in a few weeks for a city department.
>>
>>35392796
I'll be honest and say that I work out 3-4 times a week usually with the following and I've seen results and I feel better:
>2-4 mile run to start
>30 pullups, 100 situps, 100 pushups
>stretching
>80 pound sandbag used in various body weight exercises

People underestimate the power of body weight. I'm not looking for a 6 pack and toned muscles. I want function and endurance.
>>
>>35392826
If you're into bodyweight, then have a go at this to really get you going.

http://www.navysealteams.com/warning.htm
>>
>>35392528
UK here

When I did my retained training I just ate a shitload of oats (with a scoop of brotein powder for flavour) and a cup of tea followed by drinking shit loads of water all day which worked fine until mince meat and something o'clock lunch
>>
>>35392528
Navy fag here, not literally. Don't sweat it mate, just eat a nice big breakfast. I usually start off with the same thing, every single day...
2 eggs, toast, 4 bacon slices, 2 sausages, OJ.

Show up with a pen, notepad, boots polished, clean uniform, all that jazz. You'll probably be doing a shit ton of paper work which is normal.

Most PT involves "functional strength", so train for eventualities related to the job, i.e. climb stairs with heavy loads and restricted breathing.. also possibly carry 150lb+ for 1-2km.
>>
Military and police kill innocent people

Fire fighters save innocent people

Don't even fucking compare the two.
>>
I'm finishing up my fire academy right now, have a month left. PT is all over the place, but it's completely doable if you're at least somewhat in shape cardiovascularly. Also for us we didn't do PT the first week. First day was all paperwork and city regulations and employee handbook and all that.

Before any given day's PT eat a real breakfast. There are some people in my academy who have like a couple carrots or some other rabbit food and swear by it but for me it's eggs and toast or a solid sandwich or like a chicken biscuit or something like that.
>>
>>35394075

Get out of here with that attitude, FD and PD work side by side in the field, we've all got each other's backs.
>>
The biggest thing is to just get a good night's rest beforehand. Go to bed early, and try to get some sleep. Good luck, brother.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.