[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't front squats a part of your routine? They're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
Why aren't front squats a part of your routine?
They're great for your core and quads. Just make sure you go much deeper than this faggot
>>
>>35212316
Because I hate front squats.
>>
doesnt that kill your wrist?
>>
>>35212316
Because I'm a bi-faggot and I love my ass to be huge.
>>
>>35212316
they are:
1: heavy squats, lighter rdl
2: heavy deadlift, lighter frsq

also,
that guy in pic has extremely shitty mobility
weight should rest on front delts, not fucking fingers
>>
>>35212459
Not if you can actually do the exercise.
>>
>that form
RIP wrists holy shit
>>
I do. Only powerlifters should do back squats.
>>
desu front squats aggravate my hemorrhoids
>>
>>35212316
What the fuck, I just noticed he's holding the fucking weight, I thought it was bad enough that he's half repping
>>
>>35212603
Powerlifters should do both. Front squats help you not fold over in a back squat and also help a tonne with mobility
>>
>>35212628
he's parallel breh
>>
>>35212316
i do highbar back squat 5x5 and front squat 8x8 in same session
>>
>>35212636

You have no idea what parallel is.
>>
>>35212648
ok u don't even lift lmao
>>
> front squat
> elbows are down and hands carry the weight
>>
>>35212316
This fag's front squat form is the shittiest I have ever seen
>>
>>35212649
Parellel is when the crease of your hip is below your knee. "u" don't even lift. lmao
>>
>>35212459
You can use straps. That keeps you wrists in comfy position while the bar rests on yoy delts. Try it out of have wrist mobility issues or weird arm proportions.
>>
>>35212707
100% right. He's making most of th emajor mistakes. haha. At least his back is reasonable but I'd like to see that maintained if we was working with even .5 body weight.

Fucking men's fitness magazines. What trash.
>>
>>35213052
Front squats are done ATG, therefore parallel = half a rep
>>
Front Squats destryoed my wrists which caused me to drop the barbell on myself when I tried Overhead directly afterwards.
>>
Is doing front squat static holds a good way of increasing wrist flexibility to eventually front squat?
I'm two weeks in to doing this and it seems to be helping so far
>>
>>35212316
to any noobs in the audience: do NOT copy this form. he has way too much forward lean, the bar is racked across his fingers rather than bridging his clavicle, and he's too much of a pussy to hit full depth.

if your calves don't touch your hamstrings then the rep doesn't count, this isn't powerlifting.
>>
>>35212459
No, let it sit on the front shoulders and if you don't have the wrist flexibility, grip it with fewer fingers. I cannot grip with all 4 fingers but I can grip with just my index and middle fingers just fine. Since the bar just rests on the shoulders, the "fewer fingers" grip is acceptable .
Also OP, I did front squats today, they are part of my routine as they should be
>>
>>35213473
Sure, any wrist stretching will help wrist flexibility
>>
>>35212316

Am I the only one here who just does it cross arm style?
>>
>>35212636
>lilliebridge detected
>>
>>35213641
Kill yourself
>>
>>35212636

>Front squat
>Parallel
>Never mind his back angle

You're new aren't you?
>>
File: 891273923.jpg (53 KB, 750x498) Image search: [Google]
891273923.jpg
53 KB, 750x498
>>35212316

>Training shirtless
>Squatting in running shoes
>Not going ATG
>Not keeping back straight
>Not resting weigh on shoulders
>>
>>35213641
i do, but i cant for the life of me do a clean grip because it fucks up my wrists so hard, even with just an empty bar
>>
Started doing push press which already reks my upper back pretty good. Also I have shit mobility which made them pretty awkward to begin with.
>>
So what's best for quad development?

High bar back suqats or front squats?
>>
I have some mobility issues in my shoulders and arms so I cross my arms up keeping elbows up and balance the weight on my shoulders while the bar presses against my neck. Is this acceptable form?
>>
>>35212459
Not for me but it does tire my forearms.
>>
>>35213809
There really is no best, you need to have both and add lunges as well to get a complete quad. Front squats are a better overall exercise though over back squats high or low bar.
>>
>>35213809
Front squats for quads is a meme. If you're already doing high bar atg, you're not going to get anything out of the front squat in terms of leg development. Front squat strength is limited by your core and upper back strength, not your leg strength.

If you're doing hip-dominant low bar they might be a good accessory for quad development. They can be good as technique work for the high bar too.
>>
>>35212459
If you do it like the pic in OP, definitely. But the bar is supposed to rest on your body, not on your wrists. The fingers are just there so that it stays in place, the bar rests in the groove of your front delt insertion.
>>
>>35212316
Thats a fucking shitform half rep front squat,
Gotta go deeper and lean back a little
>>
>>35213641
>le bodybuilder squat

>>35213853
I don't entirely believe this. What you say about core and back is true, but high bar atg still recruits some amount of hamstrings and glutes, and certainly more than a front squat does. Front squatting puts the brunt of the load on the quads, so you're still getting a good quad strengthengine exercise by doing them in addition to high bar atg. There's a good reason that weightlifters do both variations religiously.
>>
I solely do front squats at this point. Back squats are a meme exercise for fat powerlifters.
>>
Love front squats. GOAT leg bodybuilding exercise and best accessory for heavy back squats. Getting the stabilisation and balance to do these properly also helps with back squat form hugely.
>>
>>35213641
It gets a little dicey when you go over 1pl8. Just hold it in the cleaned position like a man.
>>
They are. 3x5 80kg atm
>>
>>35214866
>stabilization and balance helps with back squat
THIS so much. The best thing I did for my back squats was front squats
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.