[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any anons here made out of the pit of self wallowing behavior
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: yj9XsmL.jpg (36 KB, 780x394) Image search: [Google]
yj9XsmL.jpg
36 KB, 780x394
Have any anons here made out of the pit of self wallowing behavior and negative thoughts? Is it possible to break free from?

I'm getting better, much better than I was before but there are still those days y'know?

Have any of you done it?
>>
Bump

Anyone have some insight?
>>
>>35161845
>>35161978
If you're prone to depression (like I am), you'll probably never escape it, but you can get better to where it's less frequent/severe.
>>
>>35161845
There is no way out. I've been in psychiatry, I've done psychotherapy, I'm taking meds. Depression cannot be defeated. It'll only ever get worse and worse. Like the psychological equivalent of cancer. A tumor on your soul, growing eternally and causing you to suffer until you can't take it anymore.
>>
>>35161845

It took 8 years but I'm finally back to normal, or as close to normal as I'm likely to get. I've picked up my studies again and everything is going well.
It's definitely possible to get well, but it can take a long time.
>>
>>35162289
I don't mean to be an ass but is that it? There has to be more, it can't always be like this.

I don't believe it should always be something we hold on to, there has to be more beyond less severe or infrequent
>>
>>35162338
This post is cancer. Don't plant the seed of doubt you defeatist.
>>
>>35161845
You never escape it, it just becomes less Important to you. Then it waits until you look for it in the recesses of your mind.
>>
>>35162338
Okay

>>35162345
Hey man good to hear, but shit eight years?

Man this whole depression thing is no joke
>>
>>35162362
>has to be more beyond less severe or infrequent
It's a nice thought, but my experience says no. Getting the blues sometimes is normal, even if it's with legit depression.

You'll be fine man: we all have demons/challenges, and we all gotta deal. Life ain't a shiny new car.
>>
>>35161845
It's possible, but it's a really slow process

Main things that helped me:
1. Exercise
2. Normal sleeping pattern
3. Cutting out internet (or at least any shit like 4chan, though self-control is difficult and it's best if I just go NoLaptop)
4. Meditate
5. Have a small pocket journal that I use to monitor what im thinking, e.g. If I know I need to do some readings for class, but dont, I will pause and reflect on why and jot something in my journal as to why. Using a small pocket journal and short notes makes this easier to do. I found that I constantly make up tiny excuses for why I cant do something, that 99% of the time are that I need to do something else first, e.g. "clean my room - then I can do the reading".

all of this is easier said than done, but 2 steps forward 1 step back and you will get there

I went on medical leave from university for 18 months and I finally got there

P.s. Never do GOMAD.
>>
>>35162362
not him, but I'm 34 now and I still have bouts of depression. I went to therapy for almost 15 years and it was a massive waste of time. I've tried a dozen different medications and none of them were that great so eventually I stopped completely. I doubt I'll ever be completely free from it, but I'm definitely better at coping with it.

Also remember that nobody is happy all the time. When you get to know people well you realize that pretty much everyone has their own shit to deal with. Obviously some are more depressed than others, but you'd be surprised how much seemingly happy, successful people struggle behind closed doors.
>>
>>35162378

Yeah, I've spent about a third of my life dealing with that shit.
It hasn't been 8 years in the deepest pits of depression, the last 2 have been pretty good, all things considered.
As >>35162289 said though, you may still have bouts of it. I still have some bad periods, but instead of spending weeks/months hopelessly depressed, it lasts a day or two and it's not nearly as bad as it used to be.

For what it's worth from a stranger on the internet, you CAN definitely get better, but you have to be patient with it.
>>
>>35162413
Glad you're better at coping from it,

>you'd be surprised how much seemingly happy, successful people struggle behind closed doors.

I also keep forgetting almost everyone else is normal too and I forget to stop comparing myself all the time.

Thanks for the insight, I've never spoken to someone with more experience about it before.

>>35162424

I think I'm just very impatient with it, It's days where I feel a little better where I ponder why I'm not getting back to normal quicker.

But yeah I guess I can say it's much better than before as weeks of it are now just a few days

thanks anon
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.