[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Diabetes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1448305131126.jpg (340 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1448305131126.jpg
340 KB, 500x750
Hi fiber, e/lit/ist here.

I was wondering, do any of you guys know anyone who was active in the bodybuilding community that had to get a leg amputated because of diabetes???

Like if the person wasn't treating their illness, must ignored it?

Thanks

Pic not related, all i have in my tablet atm(that is sfw)
>>
If I wanted humor, I'd ask what your one rep maxes are.
>>
Weight lifting improves glucose sensitivity to such an extent that it is very rare for bodybuilders to develop diabetes.

The only exceptions to this are those that are morbidly obese, extreme genetic disposition, and those that are actually injecting insulin for bodybuilding purposes.

There are normal people that drink up to a liter of soda every day, and they will still have normal resting glucose levels.

You have to go hard with a shitty diet and sedentary lifestyle to actually develop type two diabetes
>>
>>35141878
>copying someone else's joke
>>
>>35141878
Just board hopped to ask this question.

Don't live the /fit/ lifestyle like you guys, i can pump 2 twelve pound dumbbells for 1hr straight with no rest and at a reasonable tempo, dids that help?

Used to do 100 situps without a sweat... but i got lazy and now if i reach 25, i feel like someone is trying to force their fist out of my lower back.

I try to do 10 pull ups every night before bed, just to stay somewhat active, I'm no longer NEET and sitting at that desk for 6 hours is gonna make me fat.
>>
>>35141932
Thanks.
>>
>>35141932
What about a normal fag, aomeone who doesn't push their bodies to the extreme when they exercise?

Does the body still take up the extra glucose?
>>
>>35143836

Pushing your body to extremes in terms of high sugar diets, not exercise.

An average person, with an average build, that lifts, has a negligible chance at ever developing diabetes
>>
>>35141937
Not sure what you're actually asking for. Are you looking for pics of bodybuilder amputees or something?
>>
>>35141857
give source plz
>>
>>35141937
Oh God. I sit at a desk for 12 hour shifts. I'm fucked.
>>
>>35144171
get a standing desk senpai
>>
>>35144164
>>35144141
Someone who just lifts occasionally, a normal non American sugar diet (i heard they put sugar[corn syrup] in everything over there, even the fucking cheese).

Does it help if the person is living in the tropics? Would the high temps make them sweat /burn that sweet sweet sugar?
>>
>>35141857
What?
>>
>>35145393
read the sticky desu senpai lad
>>
>>35141933
>if I wanted to copy someone else's joke, I'd copy your one rep max
>>
>>35144176
>>35144171

Standing desks are GOAT. I made myself one.
>>
>>35145393
Any kind of exercise you do,but lifting weights in particular, will increase glucose sensitivity. Even if you dont push yourself to the extreme.

Even the slowest person in the race is lapping the fucker on the couch eating cheetos and drinking soda.

Living in the tropics should not make the slightest difference, as sweating has very little fat burning properties, Sweat is a way to cool the body down when its hot, it has nothing really to do with burning off energy.

Several factors corrolate with developing diabetes. Low socioeconomic status,low levels of education , being sedentary, being obese, in addition to living on a diet with a high level of processed carbohydrates, will all help you develop t2d, if you give it time.
>>
>>35149249
Thanks sempai, I'll just have to make sure I continue doing my pull ups(increasing the amount ever so often) and my quarter mile walk I do every sunday(instead of catching the bus home).
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.