[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have problems with sleep? I need 1-2 hours to fall asleep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: sleep 2.jpg (60 KB, 720x512) Image search: [Google]
sleep 2.jpg
60 KB, 720x512
Anyone have problems with sleep? I need 1-2 hours to fall asleep and I find it a huge waste of time, and it's definitely messing with my gainz
>>
>>35112742
take sleep aids to get started
be consistent as fuck about getting to bed as the same time every night
like as consistently as you shitpost on here
turn off the pc about an hour before this time too
don't take huge amounts of uppers a few hours before bedtime you fool
if you want stop using the otc sleep aids after a while because getting to bed at the same time you will just be sleepy at that time, but if you don't want to then you don't have to, since lack of sleep is worse than any otc sleep aid taken regularly
>>
Turn of screens of any kind at least an hour before you plan on going to sleep. It's hard but it really works. You could also take some melatonin and sleepytime tea if you're into hippy shit like that, I like it.

Usually I drink some tea, take my melatonin and read for about an hour if I'm really trying to get a good night's sleep.
>>
Commit to set an alarm and wake up at the same time everyday. You'll probably be sleep deprived for the first couple of days, which will help you get to sleep properly at the right time.

Also, seconding using sleep aids. Go buy benadryl, it's the exact same drug as Zzzquil sleep aid, just marketed differently and a fraction of the cost.
>>
>>35112742
the wicked cannot rest according to the Bible
and the rest of the laboring man is sweet in contrast
obviously there are variables in this equation with all the drugs and all, and spiritual oppression
but you should really try praying, because you know you haven't.
>>
>>35112742
Here's the most helpful things I've found
Melatonin (helps you to fall asleep)
ZMA (for more restful sleep)
f.lux (computer app that dims your screen at night, REALLY HELPS)
Easyeyes (android app same as f.lux)
Then dim the lightning in your room
>>
No caffeine after noon. Don't listen to music. If you want to watch tv before you sleep, don't pick any of your favorites. It's gotta be fairly mindless and at a lower volume.

If you start thinking about shit you don't want to think about before bed, do this. Imagine that you are in a different room in your house and you are slowly spinning around. Imagine every little detail of the room.
>>
>>35112742
Wake up early in the morning. Your body will force itself to go to bed when its tired enough. Quit being a lazy fuck and just wake up at 7
>>
>regular exercise
>go to bed at the same time every night
>jerk off right before bed

Knocks me out like bar skank on rufies.
>>
>>35112742
ZMA helped me out a lot.
>>
>>35112945
Is this b8
>>
You can try to skip all this sleep routine and sleep like animals do: wherever the fuck you are on whatever clothes are you on the moment you feel sleepy
>>
>>35113005
Also using f.lux on my computer and it really helps a lot. Definitely recommended
>>
>>35113946
Not OP but I wake up at 5:30 every morning and typically can't get to sleep until 11/Midnight. No coffee or soda either
>>
>>35113005
>>35113011
>>35113946
>>35114007
Not op, but. I follow most of these advises already and my insomnia is still insane. I have prescriptions on heavy duty sleeping medications and still there are periods where I can't sleep. I can take the meds, then stay awake for hours in a drowsy haze and sometimes have blackouts (memory loss not sleep) but still not be able to sleep. My body chemistry is a fucking terrorist.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.