[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need help BAD!!! I have tendinosis in my patella knee that is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1
File: feel santa.jpg (74 KB, 677x743) Image search: [Google]
feel santa.jpg
74 KB, 677x743
Need help BAD!!!

I have tendinosis in my patella knee that is healing currently, and we just found out that I have 3 sets of tendinitis in my shoulder, biceps tendon long/short and supraspinatus. Anti-inflammatory meds like advil could help with this but it has been proven to work against tendinosis (my knee). So many studies say it hault the healing of the knee and could potentially harm it. I dont know what to fricken do...

"Studies show that NSAIDs can actually impede the healing process, which is the last thing needed with tendinosis. [17] Long-term use of NSAIDs for tendinosis is not a good idea, though they can possibly be helpful in the initial phase."
>>
>>35065374
bump
>>
>>35065374
bump
>>
>>35065374
Get some TB-500, you pussy
>>
>>35065374
Get actual medical advice and then follow it.
>>
Sup OP, I'm a veteran with bad chronic pain in my knees and back. The most effective remedy I've found is OTC capsaicin creme. Its pretty cheap too, a good sized tube is under $10 usually.
>>
>>35065878
I cant right now thats why i am here
>>
>>35065374
If anything, take natural medicine aka smoke weed
Your body was made to heal on its own, believe it not
Some of these medications might reduce swelling and pain but slow the healing response
Suck it up
>>
>>35065374
Fix your fucking routine since its destroying your body you retard. You have tendonitis everywhere because you're doing way more than your body can currently handle. Get a tube of pain creme to use when you hurt and stop going so hard.
>>
>>35065995
>brah your tendons are inflamed you need to get high brah

BRAH U 420 BRAH U SMOKE TREES HOMEY U BURN LE TREES LOL BLAZE IT PHAGGOT U GOT DAT KUSH NIG I GOT SOMMA DAT PURP IN MAH PIECE RITE NOW LOL
*HITS CRACK PIPE*
OOOOOH YEAH IM FUCKING STONED LOL
>>
>>35066132
I have a 43'' vert and I smoke weed as often as I can
You don't see me bitching about my tendons on /fit/ do you?
>>
>>35065995
Weed won't help inflammation wtf
>>
>>35066272
tard, it's inflamed for a reason
you need blood to heal
>>
>>35066308
Wouldn't ice take blood away from it?
>>
>>35066333
Pretty sure ice just helps numb the pain
Compression and elevation would reduce the swelling for sure though
>>
>>35066403
Compression meaning what? And elevation meaning on a pillow or something?
>>
>>35066403
>>35066453
Cause this shit fucking hurts. Bout to just start taking ibuprofin and hope it doesn't fuck my leg up
>>
>>35066453
compression as in applying pressure ...............
>>
>>35066597
With what? My hand?
>>
Yeah tendinitis on the long and short head of the biceps tendon and the supraspinatus tendon. Anyone at all have any tips and tricks to heal these bastards?
>>
>>35066673
Fix your routine and rest
>>
Does cross friction massage really help?
>>
>>35066154
Because you post anonymously fagit.
>>
dunno brah i heard steroids make you recover from injury faster. report back with findings
>>
We've talked about this before. Acute NSAID use won't make the tendinosis appreciably worse, and you wouldn't want to use anti-inflammatory doses of NSAIDs for longer than about ten days anyway in order to avoid intestinal bleeding. Do what you want.
>>
>>35069072
yeah I was looking for you again. but you have seen that nsaid's can impede healing of tendinosis right? I am just afraid it will make my knee start over the healing process you know? But you think i would be okay taking 2 ibuprofin every 4 hours until the shoulder heals?
>>
>>35069186
You're fucking retarded or a troll, from now on ask your parents or legal supervision before doing any form of exercise or taking medication.
>>
Tendinitis.... thanks Obama
>>
>>35065374
I have tendinosis on my wrist OP, its been over a month already, no more nor insurance to get medical help
>>
>>35065374
Why make two threads..? >>35064748
>>
>>35069220
Not sure why you are saying this
>>
>>35069249
>medical care for tendinitis

You dont need it. Stop doing what you did to cause it, use pain ointment, and use hot and cold compresses.
>>
>>35069186
Because you're acting like a fucking retard. Use fucking google and see what actual doctors and physical therapists recommend and do that.
>>
OP, I have had patellar tendonitis nearly 4 months now. Mine is the result of running 30mi a week. I've had it on and off before, but this is the longest it has lingered.

My only advice is to lay off it and rest. Don't get eager and try and work it out, that'll only make it worse. Trust me, every time I think it's feeling better, I will try a light leg workout or go on a walk, and the nagging pain resurfaces. It kills me not to be able to hit legs or run, but I keep telling myself it'll heal at some point if I can only be patient.
>>
>>35069409
Well I figured id ask real people who have combated it before
>>
Should I keep icing it?
>>
run a cycle
>>
>>35070437
would that help?
>>
>>35071107
probably since athletes use it for a faster recovery from lesions
>>
>>35071217
What kind of stuff should i get on?
>>
>>35071300
A test prop should be a good starter
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.