[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the disparity between your high bar 1RM and your low
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: high-bar-vs-low-bar-squats.jpg (33 KB, 400x289) Image search: [Google]
high-bar-vs-low-bar-squats.jpg
33 KB, 400x289
What is the disparity between your high bar 1RM and your low bar 1RM?

I can high bar 175 lb, and I don't do squat-mornings but I'd guess around 320 lb.
>>
i think youre underestimating the difficulty of lowbar squats (srs), i started front squatting seriously 2 weeks ago and ive hit 175 for 1, and backsquat 255 for 5 which is about 285 1rm. granted front squats and high bar arent exactly the same, the difficulty and muscle activation are similar.
>>
totally depends on anthropometry, specifically femur and torso length. The shorter your torso, the more you benefit from low bar relative to high bar. A lot of guys with short legs won't get much at all out of the position because their torsos are longer and lengthen the moment arm
>>
>>35008469

front and high bar arent even remotely the same. front squat max is usually 80% of high bar max
>>
>>35008449
Nice meme. I give it 7/10 meme points.
>>
My highbar/lowbar is the same. My sumo is worse than my conv. My arched bench is 20 pounds more than my flat bench.
>>
Reminder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
>>
>>35009487
kek

was going to post this myself
>>
>>35009487
>>35009942
Lel, why do you people always post bloated guys in questionable federations to try proving your point?

Look at the large federations, with real rules, where you get guys like Dan Green for example.
>>
415 Low Bar
315 High Bar

Genetics and Lever Lengths are a bitch, I Squat morning the shit out of that low bar squat but it feels strong as hell in that position
>>
So from a purely bodybuilding viewpoint, is it bad to not high bar squat and change it with front squats?

I have long legs and low bar my back squats and have another day with frontsquats.
>>
>>35010326
>and do low bar squats
fixed
>>
>>35010326
Lowbar works more muscles
Front squats work the same muscles as highbar except has a higher quadriceps contraction percentage.

AFAIK
Feel free to tell me I'm wrong but please source what you say
>>
http://www.strengtheory.com/high-bar-and-low-bar-squatting-2-0/
>>
>>35008511
this

ive brought my high bar from like 180x5 to more like 215x5 and haven''t tested my low bar since, i wonder where its at

i very much benefit from low bar
>>
>>35008511
Is it just proportionally or willa standard torso proportioned but 6'5 guy benefefit much from low bar?
>>
180kg lowbar, 155kg highbar, 130kg frontsquat are my 1rms.
>>
Low bar squats are no longer indicated. Learn from Olympians. Squat is a movement not a lift. Go into a vertical torso goblet squat. Now put a bar on your back- it'll be high bar- but that's your back squat. Move it to front- front squat; overhead etc.
>>
Wait, shouldn't the bar be above mid thigh
>>
>>35008511
What's the best style for long torso, long femurs and short ass shins?
Killing myself?
>>
>>35008511

So if I have really long femur bong (really really long) what should I do? High or low bar?
>>
>>35010515
It's proportionally but guys who are 6'5" usually don't have short femurs and will be better off with low bar. Then again it depends on what your over all goals are, unless you're doing powerlifting I don't see a point in doing low bar squats.
>>
>>35008449
I don't know, I've never tried to max on high bar squats because I'm not an idiot.
>>
>>35011331
>kill yourself
you're not made for squatting
>>
>>35011369
thx family
>>
>>35008529
not even remotely the same man?

Like not even a little bit close?

Like the movement and the stance aren't even close at all? really man?
>>
>>35011331

long femur and long torso generally don't happen together because your femurs are usually long only in relation to your torso. Having short calves is a different matter but your best bet is a wide stance low bar squat where you try to keep upright. Look at Dan Green for cues

>>35011342

low bar probably suits better because it's easier to artificially shorten femur length by pointing your toes outward and taking a wider stance
>>
File: kek.png (413 KB, 848x511) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
413 KB, 848x511
High bar squat is the real squat. Low back squat is for ego power lifters who don't have the mobility to do a real squat so they feed their ego by crouching down and doing good mornings instead.
>>
>>35008449
5kg and I squat almost exclusively lowbar
>>
>>35011404
yes
>>
I don't low bar because I'm not a fag or a power lifter. Back squat max is 130kg, front squat max is 100kg for 5.
>>
>>35008449

I'm an athlete so don't do low bar so no discrepency
>>
>>35008449
Lowbar:
180kg

Highbar:
No idea
>>
>>35013361

Lol my high bar is your low bar.

How much do you weigh brah?
>>
>>35013374
118kg.

I can't imagine there being much difference in my low and high bar 1RM though.
>>
>>35011404
Low bar and high bar have more similarities, than front has to either, and even both of those have substantial differences in form/queues enough that they should be learned separately.

Muscle activation is similar, sure, more leg and less posterior chain in front squat. You could do any 1 of the 3 and probably not have to worry too much about imbalances developing from not working one of the others.
>>
>>35011693
I prefer low bar for the comfort. It also carries over to my deadlift more than high bar did. I'll do front squats as an accessory, but high bar is just shitty feeling on my traps
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.