[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Elevation Fitness Masks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
what are /fit/s thoughts?
>>
>>34935688
Only the elite use them.
>>
>>34935688
It's a gimic, into the trash it goes.
>>
>nobody cared who I was
>>
>>34935688
bane?
>>
>>34935688

meme tier
>>
From what I understand the effect is very temporary - to the point where it's not worthwhile.
The only tangible effect is that you look really intense to normies.
>>
>>34935688
Isn't the entire benefit of training at elevation because of the lower oxygen concentration and then your body naturally begins producing more red blood cells?

Unless this can decrease the oxygen concentration in the air it seems as effective as breathing through a straw and running a marathon.
>>
People misunderstand elevation training. If you are not going to actually train at elevation, the closest way to get the benefits is to mimic elevation during recovery, not during training. Although it seems like some kind of new fad, its pretty old school in endurance sports. Dudes have been doing it to mimic what Kenyan runners live in. They do it by sleeping in a tent that simulates elevation. They don't do it by suffocating themselves while training.
>>
>>34935688
tell me why he wears the mask??
>>
>>34935872
because nobody cares who he is
>>
File: 1440270642695.jpg (11 KB, 375x279) Image search: [Google]
1440270642695.jpg
11 KB, 375x279
>>34935688
>>
Sanchez hasn't been the same since the beatdown from BJ
>>
>>34935811
This. Look up elevation sleeping chambers. They actually work and are pretty easy to make
>>
>>34935688

Tell me about op, why is he such a fag?
>>
File: MP-oznf3.png (292 KB, 478x478) Image search: [Google]
MP-oznf3.png
292 KB, 478x478
>>34935688
>restricting oxygen flow to muscles while lifting for decresed workload capasity
>>
How come in the most vulnerable thread to have baneposting, there isnt any baneposting
>>
File: straw.png (38 KB, 400x241) Image search: [Google]
straw.png
38 KB, 400x241
>>34935688
You can get the same effect by breathing through a straw while you work out
>>
>>34936941

>mouth breathing
>>
get to pretend to be bane and look like an idiot

alternatively if arab go running in public with one and enjoy free gains running from cops
>>
File: eyeglasses_9.jpg (18 KB, 468x625) Image search: [Google]
eyeglasses_9.jpg
18 KB, 468x625
>>34936355
>not optimizing lifting performance on top of mountains
>>
>>34935811
There are potential benefits to hypoxic training, but the masks don't do shit. They maybe mimic something like asthma
>>
It's not intended to simulate the effects of elevation training... It's intended to make for a more anaerobic workout. In any case, It looks ridiculous. Elevation training is like natural blood-doping, it adjusts hematocrit content due to lowered availability of oxygen, and this adaptive physiology takes place over several days. The second you take off the mask, all bets are off.
>>
>>34935688
>grew up in humid sub-tropical climate. naturally conditioned with no effort
checkmate bitches
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.