[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am curious on what size clothing you guys wear. I have about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
I am curious on what size clothing you guys wear.

I have about $10,000 in suites and shit I wear to work and I am worried that once I lose weight I will never fit into them and waste all of that money.

So I'd like to hear about your height, weight, couple of your lifts and the size pants and shirts you wear please.

>Height
6'2
>Weight
104 kilos
>Lifts
110 kilo bench
70 kilo OHP
>Pants
Size 36
>Shirt
Large

I'd like to lose 10-15 kilos ideally. But I would like to be able to still wear my clothes I still have such as suites to work.

Please post so we can get an idea of what your bodies will be like at a certain weight and height.
>>
>>34934811
If you spent 10,000 on suits then you should have come across the word "altering" once in your life.

Besides, a suit is tailored to your shoulders, not your gut. And if you're worried about your pants, leg and glute mass is easy to come by
>especially since you didn't state max squat/dl so you probably don't do them much
>>
6'2, 195lbs

Lifts in kg
Squat 160x5
Bench 105x5
Deadlift 160x5
Ohp 73x5
Clean 115

I wear 34x34 pants or large sweatpants. The waist is too big but I wear a belt. I don't like tight clothing

Generally large t shirts and xl sweaters and jackets

I only have one suit and it's a size 42 chest but it's kind of tight.
>>
>>34934811
>I have about $10,000 in suits
Why don't you go ask your friends in the yacht club, richer?
>>
>>34934907
Not a single suit. My wardrobe of suits is roughly $10,000 which is not a lot for some people, but I can't afford to go have a while new wardrobe any time soon for my workplace which sucks.

I have 2 herniated disks due to getting hit by a car, so I can no longer deadlift or squat.

3 years ago I had a 4 plate deadlift and 4 plate squat.

Now the last time I tried a year ago I was able to do 3 plate deadlift for 5 and 2 plate squat for 5.

But I no longer do it because I am unable to walk the next day due to pain, the last attempt was just a test to see if it got any better which was recommended by my neurosurgeon.

So pretty much I am fucked if I want to gain leg mass.
>>
>>34934941
That's roughly my wardrobe. Not a single suit.
>>
>>34934911
Shit.

Same height as me and roughly my goal weight.

If you were to wear size 36 pants how would they fit? Could you wear them without looking like a twat who wears bad fitting clothing?
>>
>>34934967
That sucks, sorry to hear.

Still, jackets should still fit if you lose weight and you can check for altering the pants - but at that weight, wearing them super tight might look weird anyway so just losing 10kg shouldn't make them look terrible.

>>34934911
If a 6'2 200lbs buff man wears a size large shirt, what the fuck do they produce anything bigger for.
>>
>>34934811
>i care more about an object then my health
>>
>>34935326
nigger you need suits for certain jobs, and it sounds like OP's lost a lot of weight already, hence his dilemma
>>
>>34935326
I care about keeping my job

I can't stroll into my office wearing a shitty bargain bin suit and expect to be taken seriously by clients or other staff members (I am a construction project manager).

If I walk in looking like shit you will not be taken serious especially by clients and superiors.
It sucks but it's the truth.

I'd rather be somewhat fit with nice clothes then very fit looking like a loser.
>>
File: 1411490132444.png (92 KB, 665x598) Image search: [Google]
1411490132444.png
92 KB, 665x598
>>34935373
>I can't stroll into my office wearing a shitty bargain bin suit and expect to be taken seriously by clients or other staff members (I am a construction project manager).

>It sucks but it's the truth.

If you really think you're going to get a promotion for having a good suit or not get fired for having a good suit or have a shit body to protect a depreciating assets, you have your priorities way out of wack.
>>
>>34934907
Not OP but I'm in the same situation (worked in high end retail for around 8 years and I was sample size so I got most of it free). The difference is I'm skellington and they're already perfect on my shoulders so if I get bigger my wardrobe is fucked.
>>
>>34935423
It's no lie man. I work in a place where people look at your shoes first. That's how they know what your tax bracket is and how much they need to pay attention to you.
>>
>>34935423
Spot the kid who has never had a corporate gig
>>
>>34935462
I would sooner kill myself than put on a faggot fashion show for pretentious nouveau riche. >>34934811
Get your shit taken in you actual homosexual.
>>
>>34935423
Already know what it takes to progress in my field, I know the point you're trying to make but perhaps I did not make my last post correctly.

You have to dress for your position to an extent, you will be judged on this even if someone means to or not. You do it and other people do it.

You are going to be a a large disadvantage if you look like a slob or do not appear to be on the level of pay you are earning.

I am representing my company and they expect me to appear just as successful as they are.

Might be rambling at the moment but I hope I made a point somewhere
>>
File: 266027741_ed81a98eac50.jpg (14 KB, 284x300) Image search: [Google]
266027741_ed81a98eac50.jpg
14 KB, 284x300
>>34935373
>construction project manager
>4chan
sure
>>
File: image.jpg (613 KB, 2000x1091) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
613 KB, 2000x1091
>>34935476

You'll never be a part of the ruling minority with that attitude bruh. Just don't raise my taxes when you can't afford your protein.
>>
>>34935518
Speak for yourself, I made my money the old fashioned way.
>I inherited it.
>>
>>34935535
Touché.
>>
File: mate.jpg (469 KB, 1224x1632) Image search: [Google]
mate.jpg
469 KB, 1224x1632
>>34935501
Alright mate.

Only posting right now because I am alone at a contractors workplace waiting for him to meet me to arrange a plastic membrane.
>>
>>34935025
36 would be fairly baggy in the waist. Depending on the cut they might fit fine otherwise. I buy Levi 541 pants, they are wider in the quads but tapered at the calves. They fit pretty well but are getting a little tight around the quad. Regular fit 36 waist pants would probably fit about the same, other than the larger waist.

>>34935082
fat people. Also shirts vary horribly in sizing. I generally wear Gildan t shirts since they're cheap. I've bought a few XLs to see if they fit better, since some of my larges are tight. They just get wider in the torso to account for guts. There is hardly any change in the chest/arms where its actually needed.

I hate clothing, it's so hard to find decent clothes at a reasonable price for tall/not fat people.
>>
>5'9
>185-190 lbs
>Bench: 245 lbs.
>Standing OHP: 140 lbs.
>Squat: 365 lbs.
>Deadlift: 345 Lbs.
>Size 30
>Medium/large depending on brand

You can get your suits tailored anon, unless you plan on losing a shitload of weight, theres no reason to not get them tailored.
>>
>>34935745
>You can get your suits tailored anon, unless you plan on losing a shitload of weight, theres no reason to not get them tailored.

This seems like the best idea and the only way around my problem.

I am only concerned about my pants, my shirts have always been a large even when I was not fat.
>>
>tfw size 30 waist is almost perfect (tiny bit loose)
>tfw size 30 pants aren't accommodating at the quad

Where can I get size 32 quads with a 28-30 waist?
>>
>>34934811
A tailor. Are you retarded?
>>
>>34934811
6'4"
185lbs
Don't know my lifts, just do cardio mostly
Size 32-33 pants, down from 42 at my fattest
Size Medium Tall for shirts, down from XXL at my fattest

I have to buy new clothes every month it seems due to fast weight loss this year but I don't mind spending money on it, reminds me I'm going to make it
>>
>>34934811
Yes, having to change clothes constantly is a fitness related problem. At least you'll evetually look good without any. Cool, huh?
>>
>>34935498
I understand that, but what shallow people do you work with?

I would image any well fitted suit would do.

Can't you just have your suits adjusted?
>>
>>34935535
>I inherited it.

We old money here, I see.
>>
>>34935868
>what shallow people do you work with
Millionaires who are the 1% and make sure everyone around them knows it.

And anyone in a position with power in construction has a massive ego.

Any chance to judge or belittle someone and they will take it and use that against you.
>>
I'm not a big suit guy but would it be too extreme to tailor the suits to your new size or is that not possible?
>>
>>34935868
>shallow
Professional people wouldn't settle for "would do", like in whatever mediocre world you seem to live in
>>
>>34934811
>Height
6'2"
>Weight
230lbs
>Lifts
Don't know lifts right now; used to bench about 275lbs, maxing around 310lbs but now I just do free-weights and swim
>Pants
36x33 but need a belt
>Shirt
2XL
>Jacket
52L but always feel like I'm wearing a poncho

Everyone assumes I played sports, work out at gym, or that I'm a bouncer or something, but nope.

Wife reminds me every so often that I could be a serious body builder with my build, but I know I don't have the discipline or the health to maintain it.
>>
>>34935982
Pic please. Can't imagine someone that size while being a swimmer
>>
>>34935989
I appreciate your interest, but I'd rather not since I've got a few nasty scars I can't hide that will give me away; can't let my friends know I visit 4chan after all.
I just swim to keep some cardio going since I have genetic hypotrophic caridomyopathy and dropped into heart failure after having open-heart surgery.
Consider myself lucky to be alive for as long as I have, actually.
>>
>>34934811
6'1
265->205lbs
Lifts: 5rep maxes
200lb bench
135lb OHP
225 squat (lel)
365 diddy

Pants size:
36 ->32
Shirt
2XL->M/L
>>
>>34936107
>open-heart surgery
Jesus christ
>>
Weight problems will cost more than $10,000 over time lad...
>>
>>34936247
But at least he will look good
>>
>>34936167
Yeah, its not fun; wouldn't recommend it.

Best part is when I got moved up to my room from the ICU, it was the middle of the night when the slacker nurses were on shift and they forgot to hook up my morphine for a couple hours.

Nothing beats being actually gutted like a fish and not being able to reach the call button.
>>
>>34936294
> gutted like a fish and not being able to reach the call button.
JESUS CHRIST HOW HORRIFYING!

Tel more about the surgery and how it got tot rhat point
>>
>>34936362
Not much to say, actually. Happened nearly 10 years ago, but it's been down hill ever since.

Was enlisting in the Navy to do Para-Rescue since I liked swimming, wanted to do something that mattered and needed a direction in life after working physical labor until 22, found out I had a heart murmur that needed to be checked before they'd let me in. Cardiologists told me my heart is the size of a Nerf football and I have genetic hypotrophic cardiomyopathy in my left ventrical with a wall growth of over 25mm. Got a dual phase pace-maker with a booster cable installed because of my size about 6 months after that. Around a year later, my heart was so over-grown that I was barely pumping any blood and they opened me up to remove nearly a centimeter of tissue from my heart walls. I was under for around 12 hours with my body isolated and blood being pumped to my brain (still have scars on my neck from that, too) and 4 surgeons worked on me. Woke up in ICU, unable to move my body at all, followed my the worst pins and needles pains I've ever felt as my body woke from the surgical coma. Then you know about the gutted fish part, but I was in the hospital for about a week and out of work for just over a month. I have 7 metal wire rings holding my rib cage together, tons of scars, and still have the pace-maker, but I've had an upgrade a couple years ago.
Spent the next few years rebuilding my life, finding a new path I could follow that accommodated my new restrictions and trying to stay healthy to maximize my limited life expectancy. About 2 years ago, the scar tissue in my heart finally caught up to me and I dropped into heart failure and I got a blood-clot develop in my heart, it traveled to my spleen, killing it off and putting me in the hospital for a week.

Now I work from home, try to stay active, take all my meds, and wait until I either die or get a transplant. Best case, 10 years or so left in me, so I make due and waste my time lurking the internet.
>>
>>34936608

(cont.)

And to add one final part, I still have been able to maintain a healthier physique than over-weight and obese people through all of this.

Not shaming them, but just saying health issues are no excuse to treat ones body like a landfill. If anything, I wish people would be and stay active and healthy. If not, it just makes all the horrible health problems that can surprise you just that much harder to handle or even survive.

I know I'd be dead at this point if I didn't keep my shit at least some-what together.
>>
>>34936704
>>34936608
How do you feel knowing you are going to die soon and could even die at any moment?

Don't you want to go out and live a little before that happens?

I'm talking going big living more in your next couple years then we will in our lifetimes.

Knowing when you will die is a blessing.

Take out loans and just go fucking nuts without having to ever pay them back.
>>
>>34936608
>>34936704
Motivation for the day
>brb going to gym
>>
6 ft 195lbs

Lifts in lbs
squat 440x1
Bench 315x1
Deadlift 445x1

33x33 pants. Need belt. Finding pants is a such a bitch. Either calves fit but quadz don't or the other way around.
>>
>>34934811
>Height
6'1
>Weight
93 kilos
>Pants
Size 34, hoping to be back to 32 by Christmas
>Shirt
All over the shop. Generally medium or large but all depends on the fit of the clothes. Have broad shoulders and a lot of the time shirts that fit well everywhere else are too tight around my shoulder and arms.
>>
>>34935607
>Worrying about your clothes
>Feeling the need to validate your claims to anonymous posters on an a pictograph board for Chinese animation

You should work on your insecurity, mate.

Also, a new body needs to come with new clothes. It sucks but you have to deal with it. Ill fitting, expensive clothes will look just as bad to your clients and superiors as cheap clothes.
>>
>>34936956
>You should work on your insecurity, mate.
Look where we are

>Ill fitting, expensive clothes will look just as bad to your clients and superiors as cheap clothes.

Agreed. Going to tailor the clothes if I have to but I would like to see people with the stats I might have.
>>
>>34934811
>height
192cm
>weight
125kg
>lifts
210/135/270

Don't really know OHP, sorry.
>pants
38, sometimes 36 depending on the make.
>shirt
XL to XXL depending on the make

I've given up on ever owning a nice suit to be honest.
>>
>>34936767
>How do you feel knowing you are going to die soon and could even die at any moment?
Honestly, I struggled with my own mortality for a long while. My wife and I purposely didn't have children because I knew I won't be there for much of their life, the struggle they would face, and the child would have a very high chance of the same condition. I had a long bout of depression and in some ways I still am very much depressed, but it doesn't do me or my loved ones any good dwelling on it. Some days are worse than others and I crack and freak out, but ultimately I've accepted my fate. We all die some day, my dates just been moved up a little bit. The toughest part is knowing that my parents and wife will outlive me. Its tough knowing people will grieve and that I can't do anything about it.

>Don't you want to go out and live a little before that happens?
Its a little difficult with my health as I'm exhausted most of the time and my meds keep me pretty limited, but I already have done quite a bit. When I was younger, I summeted a mountain, sailed for a month on the ocean, got in fights, fucked in public places, traveled just to travel, and drove (not owned) expensive super-cars. I also lost a house during the house market burst, lived on the street, and built up a big medical debt when I was uninsured for a few years. If I did anything like that now, I'd end up in the hospital again and probably cut a few extra years off and I can't do that to my family so its more mundane things and smaller, heart-felt memories being built for now. Maybe when I'll go nuts in a couple years, but for now its just chill. As for loans, they won't give me a credit line for anything more than $500 lol. I've lost a house, went back to school, started and sold a business, started and lost a business, and now I have horrible credit, but enough to do what needs to be done for now and hopefully enough stashed away for when I'm gone.
>>
>>34934811

ITT: elaborate excuses not to work out
>>
>>34935373
You'll look 10x better physically fit in a cheap, well fitting suit than 30lb heavier in a suit that costs 10x as much.
You'll look much more professional with good grooming and a good level of fitness.
Also, buying expensive suits is dumb and never a good investment. Thrift is a virtue, anon
>>
>>34934811
It's suits not suites. You can get suits fitted you know...
>>
File: 1321594678157.jpg (39 KB, 499x588) Image search: [Google]
1321594678157.jpg
39 KB, 499x588
>>34935501
>>34936956
>gets proven wrong
>quickly jumps to a new position and tries to turn it around
I hope you're still in highschool, to be that sad to try and save face on an anonymous image board.
also high end formalwear are one of the only things fat people can still actually look good in. it's all in the cut of the suit and how well it was tailored.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.