[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what can i do to prevent chafing? i went on a 22 mile walk yesterday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
File: 2015-11-12 11-50-11.112.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-12 11-50-11.112.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
what can i do to prevent chafing? i went on a 22 mile walk yesterday and this happened
>>
>>34889586
stop being a fat fuck
>>
>>34889586
jesus christ get some compression shorts breh
>>
>>34889586
what kind of under-garments do you wear? also baby powder will dry it up during exercise.
>>
Creatine
>>
What about between the shorts? Better show us.
>>
>>34889597
this is probably true
>>34889598
do they prevent chafe?
>>34889599
just briefs
>>
I had the same problem when I started. I bought some compression underoos and it was fine afterwards.

Boxers are ineffective as fuck.
>>
Fuck this. Had them when I was a fatty, stopped having them after I lost weight, now I have them again because legs are getting muscular.

Sadly, compression shorts are somewhat effective in preventing them.
>>
>>34889586
spray can deoderant like degree will actually heal it overnight. or be a man about it and rub it with rubbing alcohol to dry it up
>>
Baby powder lots of it, keep walking and the chub rub will stop when you lose weight.
>>
>thin privilege is being able to walk or run without chafing
>>
Vaseline helps too if you don't like compression shorts
>>
>>34889608
>do they prevent chafe?
yes
>>
>>34889586
stop being sedentary
>>
>>34889586
thats pretty intense. be a man and scrub that shit with alcohol. its gonna burn worse than that time you cough the clap though. for real though spray can deodorant works well
>>
>>34889586
stop shaving your inner thighs
>>
>>34889586
that picture hurts to look at
>>
>>34889586
>be in military
>do 31 miles walk with 33lbs package
>no chafing

The right underwear is very important
>>
>>34889586
>22 mile walk
Respect. Especially if you're overweight fella.
>>
Double or triple up
>Tighty whities
>Briefs
>Bigger briefs
>>
That's why compressions exist
>>
>>34889911
What about blisters? After few days of such (well, closer to 25 miles) distances I had blisters on blisters on blisters. Not even joking. Normal, not army boots though.
>>
>>34889647
>>34889608
i dont think they do, ive worn compression shorts and still got it

I only get it on my left side though, and very rarely even though I play basketball with burnt people a lot
>>
>>34890031
I had only a single blister. Though I did break in the army boots (not US army) very well and also used feet cream a lot.
>>
>>34890084
Which army? Maybe I'll buy such.
>>
>>34889987
thanks - yardley to new hope and back (PA)

i got home after dark despite leaving just before noon tb h
>>
>>34889586
Chafing is caused when skin rubs against skin too much. Go buy compression shorts, and if those still climb up on your junk, get a longer pair of compression shorts.

I've found a pair of Hanes boxer briefs that are 100% cotton, yet they cling on to my thighs like compression shorts. I've ran a half marathon in those without chaffing. Basically just find something that prevents your thighs from rubbing against each other.
>>
File: armyboots.jpg (32 KB, 600x551) Image search: [Google]
armyboots.jpg
32 KB, 600x551
>>34890117
I had ordinary Swiss army boots. Everyone gets them for free. If you are buying boots there are probably better models.
>>
>Unscented deoderant
>Tight fighting shorts that go to your knees (under armour works best)
>be aware of the way you are running
>>
>>34890034
>I play basketball with burnt people
Kek
>>
>>34889586
Yeah, you need long compression underwear. That's pretty serious for just a walk. Keep up the regular walking, that's great for weight loss. Looks like you need it.
>>
File: champion tech boxers.jpg (236 KB, 1182x1500) Image search: [Google]
champion tech boxers.jpg
236 KB, 1182x1500
>>34889586
get a few pairs of tech fabric long leg boxer briefs and enjoy chafe free thighs
>>
>>34889586
Same happenned to me when I was a fat fuck and tried to walk 4 miles.

I had to lose 10lbs.

But there must be other ways to avoid it wich idk
>>
some girl in my work usded vaseline
>>
File: 1425866005908.png (20 KB, 176x158) Image search: [Google]
1425866005908.png
20 KB, 176x158
>>34889586

>tfw fat fuck
>love hiking but ate too much
>the chafe of a lifetime until i fixed my diet

You can either deal with it or use vaseline, wear compression shorts, baby powder it when you get home, or start walking like a cowboy forever.

I ended up wearing kind of tight underarmor football pants and a jockstrap underneath my shorts to stop the rubbing. Vaseline on my balls and inner thighs as well. The exploran cardio was something i couldn't give up.
>>
>>34889586
I thought that kind of shit only happened to women lol
>>
>>34889616
>sadly
you wish you had no solution to them so you'd be forced to weaken your figure so you don't have calluses that look like tumors or otherwise legs in bare flesh due to friction?

all that because you find compression shorts emasculating? faggy men are the worst
>>
stop being fat.
>>
>>34889586

22 mile, seriously?
>>
File: 333.jpg (121 KB, 696x636) Image search: [Google]
333.jpg
121 KB, 696x636
>>34890520
yesr, there's a canal that runs the way with a toepath for bikers alongside it

by the time i got home it was dark and i had been hobbling like some homeless goblin murderer that escaped a psych ward carrying a walking stick and occasionally hollering cursewords in pain of my leg chafe as if i had tourettes
>>
>>34891055
>by the time i got home it was dark and i had been hobbling like some homeless goblin murderer that escaped a psych ward carrying a walking stick and occasionally hollering cursewords in pain of my leg chafe as if i had tourettes
lol'd

You're a cool guy OP. Google would have given you 10 solutions in a second though.
>>
Compression pants/shorts. Make sure that doesn't get infected or it will leave a horrible scar.
>>
Vaseline m9
>>
>>34889586
Compression shorts
used to get chaffing all the time until I got some compression shorts
they have to be tight though
some dumb motheruckers buy them somewhat loose and they come up
some other dumb motherfuckers pull them up
>>
>>34889911
>Triggered
>Remember in the military for 80km+ marches everyone would always put vaseline between their asscheeks
>tfw no military-bro to lube your asshole after waking up in the same sleeping bag (cold as fuark so it's not gay) anymore
Why even live?
>>
>>34889586
where is your penis?
>>
>>34891958
ayy lmaoo what shitty sleeping bag do you guys have. Slept outside in snow at around -10 C and was comfy as fuck except for the nose.
>>
>>34892039
Live far up north, several camps in which the temp would near, if not go below -30 C.
Imagine that after you have been patrolling for sevral hour so you are already cold as fuck. It can take a really long time to warm up. Ofc sharing a sleeping bag wasn't normal but sometimes it's nice.
>>
>>34889586
Ah, I remember when my thighs chafed. A little over a year ago when I was 210+ pounds. Those were the days.
I'm at 166 now
>>
DESITIN! That shit heals good. Compression shorts, bike shorts etc... Put some shit on your thighs before you walk dumbass. I hope it hurts.
>>
to the guys with chafing problems, how big are you quads? althou i'm only 10% nearing 140kg squats
>>
Hello my friend chafing is not only an issue for fat people.
When I was into serious biking this would often occour if your clothing wasn't transfering the moisture away from the skin and then at the same time having friction applied to it.
The only ointment I found to be of any help was zinc cream (the stuff for babies buttoms)
>>
>>34889586

>22 miles
>walking

Stop walking so far you dolt.

Who the fuck needs to walk 22 miles. You could jog 2 miles and get the same amount of cardio that walking 22 miles gives you.
>>
File: cage.gif (820 KB, 300x150) Image search: [Google]
cage.gif
820 KB, 300x150
>>34889586
>22 miles wearing trash bag as pants
>"w-w-why do i have a rash brehs?"
>>
>>34892169
>-30C
>field training exercise
>ANON AND JD YOU GUYS ARE LOOKOUTS
>no please god no
>have to hike 15km away from the camp to some retarded as fuck position, training officer would cruise by later in his jeep so we couldnt cheat by just going anywhere
>no fire allowed
>have to build the so called "SoldierOven"
>one guy puts his raincoat on the ground, then opens up his sleeping back and stretches it out
>lays onto it
>2nd guy lays his sleeping bag opened up above him
>then puts his raincoat around to make a soldier burrito out of raincoat, sleepingbag and winter clothes
>2nd guy then reverse crawls into the burrito
>heat is trapped in
>cuddling no homo
>lay like that for 12 hours in the soldier burrito
>take turns in who holds the gun for lookout, while the other guy puts his hands between us two to warm them
>faggot finally turns up in his jeep
>"aight guys good job, get up I'm driving you back, you did good out here"
>tfw too comfy, dont want to get up
>do it
>we get to drive in the jeep back to base, because we had the worst job
>tfw all the other guys that did shit around camp were all cold as fuck and half frozen, except the guy tending the camp fire

The Nazis came up with some interesting ideas, while out in Russia. We werent in Russia, but their ingenious idea saved our asses.
It was far comfier than a "windshield out of raincoats and making a small fire" we got told to make would've been.

No homo throughout all those 12 hours.
>>
File: Vaseline.jpg (482 KB, 1140x1280) Image search: [Google]
Vaseline.jpg
482 KB, 1140x1280
>>34889586
>>
>>34893827
Nothing is homo in the military, bro. It's ok.
It's called brotherhood in the military.
Sounds bretty comfy desu.
Love sleeping in the snow, if it's really nice powder snow just jump into yhour sleeping bag, jump into the snow and plant yourself in the ground.
>>
Compression shorts and gold bond
>>
It looks like you are wearing cotton. Wear polyester instead. Cotton literally soaks it up and adheres to your skin, whereas polyester will wick it away.
>>
>>34891958
>no military-bro to lube your asshole
>it's not gay
>>
File: 1447142133200.jpg (350 KB, 1376x800) Image search: [Google]
1447142133200.jpg
350 KB, 1376x800
>>34889586
Wear bike pants under your shorts mate, the skin tight stretchy lycra kind. Note I said UNDER, you must wear shorts over top, no one wants to see your sweaty junk

Works for me
>>
>>34889586
I walked 2500 km (1553 miles) over 100 days with a 25 kg (55 lbs) backpack.
Some of the days I would walk around 30 miles. Never had a single problem with chafing.
It's all in the underwear. Make sure you get some that fits tight.
Also, stay away from cotton
I also wore hiking pants, which is made of very light and slightly stiff material.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.