[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/SAG/ Skin Aesthetic General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 300x300
Skin aesthetics general

Alright anyone who wants that smooth ass baby skin (face/body) GTFIH

these are the things I am using that seem to be helping and what they do

>Vitamin A
very important for the growth of skin, and maintaining healthy bones, nails, and hair. It helps to repair injured skin, and improve dry, scaly skin. It is absorbed through the skin, and helps the skin remain soft and plump. When Vitamin A is topically applied, it stimulates the skin mitotically, and metabolically, therefore maintaining the skin in a youthful condition. Experiments have showed that Vitamin A applied topically keeps the epidermis saturated with the vitamin,also stimulates the renewal process of the epidermal cells which causes thickening of the epidermis. At the same time, collagen content in the skin was increased and improvement in skin elasticity could be seen (very important!)
>Vitamin C
One of the most important roles of vitamin C is to help heal wounds and scar tissue. It is required for the synthesis of collagen, and acts as a cementing substance between skin cells. The most important role of collagen is to provide barrier for infections and diseases, and to promote healing of wounds. (Vitamin C looses its potency very quickly which can make it worthless unless used immediately. It also oxidizes very quickly when exposed to air and light. Look for vitamin C in an airtight brown glass bottle or metal tube which can block out sunlight.)
>Zinc
Quite possibly, the most essential supplement to take in the prevention of stretch marks. The most important property of zinc is the production of collagen. Collagen holds the bodies skin tissues together. It is the most abundant structural protein and makes up 80% of all connective tissue. In fact, 75% of the dermis consists of collagen and it makes up 90% of its volume. When a person has enough collagen, it is near impossible to get stretch marks. Collagen is not available in food, so it's very essential to supplement with zinc.
>>
>Vitamin E
Another very important vitamin when trying to prevent stretch marks. Vitamin E is needed for the maintenance of normal body metabolism and in the protection and healing of body tissues and skin. For skin care, vitamin e is most beneficial as an anti-oxidant in preserving the health of skin tissue and membranes. It is also used to help the recovery process of post surgical scars. There are two ways to take Vitamin E. These include orally and topically. Applying the Vitamin E topically onto the stretch marks, or taking Vitamin E pills.
>Multivitamin
Covers the basis of anything your deficient in
>2GOWAD
Stay hydrated brahs
>Cold showers
Keeps the pores closed, before you get out of your shower turn all the way cold for 2-3minutes
>Palmers cocoa butter
Moisturizing keeps the skin young and healthy
>No facial cleansers
Just stopped a few days ago except washing with water and my face is improving already
>Shower right after gym
Don't sit around all sweaty
>Exfoliating gloves
Buy these gloves from dollar store and you wear them in the shower and go to town it gets rid of tons of dead skin.
>Apple Cider Vinegar
A lot of people report skin improving drastically after taking 2 tsp shots of this 2-3 times a day I myself havnt tried it yet

Feel free to add anything
>>
Sperm on my face has done wonders.
>>
>>35355437
thanks op, will try
>>
>>35355444
>cold showers keep the pores closed

Nope. That's a myth. Heat doesn't "open pores", pore size is genetically determined any doesn't fluctuate on a small timeline.

Everything else is pretty solid advice.
>>
>>35355437
How much zinc of vitamin a do you have to take each day for good skin aesthetics?
>>
>>35356428
Dumb as a brick pores do dilate if heat is applied
>>
>>35356632
4 times the daily amount for vitamin A and twice the daily amount for zinc. Do that for a couple of weeks and reduce it to 2 times the daily amount for vitamin A and zinc. You do this to saturate your system with vitamin a and then you maintain those levels. I did this and it helped a lot. Use niacin since it opens capillaries and gives you a healthy glow.
>>
>>35356685
I'll look into that during Christmas. Sounds interesting. Maybe it'll help reducing the shadows beneath my eyes.
>>
File: 1377979111931.jpg (57 KB, 468x680) Image search: [Google]
1377979111931.jpg
57 KB, 468x680
>>35355437
I have some facial cleaner called Essential Facial Milk and that bitch is magical but I only use it if i see large or dirty pores.
You(or anyone) got any magic for chicken skin(keratosis pilaris)? I use exfoliating gloves in the shower and after toweling I dry skin brush, then but on coconut oil for dat pore penetration in hopes of breaking them up.

Dry skin brushing is magic btw
>tfw dry brushing in a bright room and i can watch all that dead skin fall off
>>
>>35356839
My ex had keratosis pilaris all over her legs. Nothing gets rid of it, but hers wasn't very noticeable because she was kinda brown. Your best bet is to tan (for real or with a product) the area so they don't contrast with your skin as much, assuming you're a pasty white boy.
>>
>>35355437
Anyone knows what to do with an oily face? They cause these small yellow things, not necessarily acne, on my face.

My cleanser dissolves them, but they just keep coming back.

Problem areas are around the nose that goes down near the mouth, and the cheeks.
>>
>>35356905
genetic makeup is the biggest factor in skin oil.
usually if you have an overly oily face your people were not meant to live in a humid environment.
people with dry skin usually live in a dry heat or colder environment.
Your skin is acting as intended.

or
>you eat like shit and dont take care of your body.
>>
>>35356865
Yeah seems like I just have to deal. I prefer being so white i'm pink, but the routine I have for them and lifting seem to help somewhat.
My advice to anyone else who has it is to NOT fucking pick at it. The scars are worse than the bumps and it only makes it worse.
>>35356905
Make sure you change your pillowcase or put a clean towel over your pillow before you go to bed.
I know some people have different reactions to foods and can get acne from it. My best friend went from extra pepperoni and olives to almost clear skin in about 2 weeks after cutting back caffeine. I also know girl who breaks out if she has too much dairy.
>>
Do you think Zinc or Vitamin E can help minimize loose skin?
>>
>>35355437
where the fuck do you buy vitamin a? I only find capsules with 10000UIE upwards which is a bit much.
>>
This shit is way too complicated. Does it really make a big difference? My skin is pretty pale and reddish. I wish I could get an even color.
>>
File: 1445006115613.jpg (16 KB, 189x189) Image search: [Google]
1445006115613.jpg
16 KB, 189x189
>>35356973
Wait, caffeine can cause bad skin? I probably have like 6 cups a day.
>>
File: CoCo Confusion.png (317 KB, 722x800) Image search: [Google]
CoCo Confusion.png
317 KB, 722x800
>>35355437
Does ZMA cover zinc needs? I've been starting to take in before I go to bed.
>>
>tfw cut out dairy from diet cos acne
>literally EVERYTHING has fucking dairy in it
>>
I tried a lot of stuff and find the less you do the better.

I drink carrot juice for vitamin a. I wash with a seba med/pasante cleansing bar of soap and then moisturise with their clear face care gel.

The soap bar is fucking amazing. Don't need to exfoliate at all... The soap gets all the pores clean without over washing.
>>
So why don't we have a sticky yet of face-care. For all our talke of bodily aesthetics, something like /SAG/ should be essential.

Anyway, some things I'd like to see in the future:

>YMMVwork (Your mileage may vary)
A product that works miracles on me may fuck you up.
>Difference between acne and PIH
95% of the time people mistake post-inflimatory hyperpigmentation as acne and taeat it as such.
>Skin Types
Oily
Dry
Combination
etc.
>Dairy scare
So far I have yet to see any substantial peer-reviewed research that supports the idea that dairy causes acne. However, there has been a lot (and I meann a lot) of anecdotal claims for this (myself included).

I'd love to post more but currently on phone waiting for XMAS bbq
>>
>>35359013
>seba med/pasante cleansing bar of soap

I'm going to give this a try. I've found that, like you, the more stuff I do, the more spots I get, it drives me insane.

Ordered. Hopefully it helps. I'm getting tired of having spots at 26 years old.
>>
>>35358287
Nah... caffeine just causes dehydration. Just do 2GOWAD and you'll be fine.
>>
>>35359049
>So far I have yet to see any substantial peer-reviewed research that supports the idea that dairy causes acne

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15692464/

>We found a positive association with acne for intake of total milk and skim milk. We hypothesize that the association with milk may be because of the presence of hormones and bioactive molecules in milk.
>>
I'm having some success using 100% raw organic manuka honey (the type recommended to me) to treat my seborrheic dermatitis.

Honey is anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. It's also a humectant.
>>
File: lotion.jpg (82 KB, 1500x996) Image search: [Google]
lotion.jpg
82 KB, 1500x996
>>35356839
Had kp forever, and the skin on my lower legs doesn't shed right on its own, forms large, cracked lizard scales. Hate the shit.

Exfoliating gloves, on their own and in conjunction with a homemade scrub of some sort [a few tbsp salt or sugar, olive or coconut oil, and a shot of vitE or other essential oil] have helped. Showering regularly--read, every day, friends rn with a couple of depressed people who shower MAYBE once a week, shit's awful senpai--also helps. I drink a fuckload of water and green tea, having variety besides regular water helped finally break away from even diet soda.

And then there's this fucker. Went to a derma and the guy prescribed this shit and it's a goddamn miracle. Burns like a motherfucker when you smear it on, sure, but you get almost normal-people skin after a while. You have to keep using it or the kp comes back/becomes more noticeable but fuck, it's worth it. No real smell to it, and the only downside is it burns pretty bad when you put it on after scrubbing. Don't get it on your face or your junk.
>>
>>35359114
Dad has sebborheic derm as well, thanks anon i'll let him know

Man I love /fit/

For anyone struggling with occasional acne flare ups I find that baby powder helps alot

>Wash affected areas with body soap/whatever you wash your face with
>apply generous amount of baby powder to said areas and just leave it on there

No negative effects from what I can tell, just dont breathe it in
>>
>go to acne.org
>search for best vitamin supplement to intake
>every vitamin is a five-star reviewd wonder drug

Might as well buy a multaivitamin and take in 3x the recommended dose?

>>35359097
I stand corrected
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.