[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tips on dealing with hunger?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Tips on dealing with hunger?
I've been trying to lose a significant amount of weight to achieve a certain body type.
I'm already relatively skinny, but not skinny "enough".

Also, general tips on restricting would be great.
>>
>>37962028
Stop being a little bitch
>>
>>37962028
keto

no carbs, no dairy protein, not too much protien in general
>>
>>37962028
Move around a lot. Dont lounge around. Not necessarily high activity work that will fatigue you. Just walk around, rest in squat position, stretch, practice handstands, whatever

Drink a lot of water. Not too much (unless you supp electrolytes), but a lot.

High fiber diet. Source a good chunk of your carbs from veggies and fruits and beans. Fruit juice is basically soda and vitamins, but if sugars are encased in fiber, they aren't necessarily detrimental.

High protein diet. Not only is protein very satiating, the thermic effect of food is playing into your favor for weight loss.

Eat moderate-high fats. Most of the problem with dieters is they avoid fatty foods as they are so caloric. Fats are crucial on a deficit and should not be avoided.

Avoid calorie dense foods.
Getting fat on ice cream is easy
Getting fat on lettuce is near impossible
>>
cut slower

dont do fad diets (like the guy above me is suggesting)

take it day by day

its okay to fuck up and go over your calories sometimes so long as most of the time youre actually in a deficit
>>
>>37962082
Oh yeah, IF helps, and replacing carbs with veggies (kinda keto) is good for short term cutting, but restrictive dieting doesnt work long term
>>
black widows (srs)

you won't eat for a week
>>
>>37962083
You mean the guy above the guy above you, right?
>>
>>37962110
yah
>>
I'll chip in here because having lost a significant portion of weight (70 pounds) I have a lot of experience in this regard.

The main thing is you're going to want to find foods that a very good ratio of satiating they are (how much they make you feel full) and how many calories they have. You want very satiating food that has relatively few calories.

In general, you want "old world" food. Things you might expect people to live one hundred years ago: Fruits, vegetables, beans, rice, chicken. In particular, if you just eat chicken and beans you should be fine. Super filling.

Also be aware if you're just starting that your body is adapting. If you're just starting losing I would reccomend prioritize cutting out "treats" (sugary stuff) and fast food entirely but keeping your caloric upkeep very high but with real food. In short term, your body will stop wanting the junk food and you'll find it easier to hit day to day caloric deficits without any significant hunger issues.

Other things:
+ Make sure to eat every 3-4 hours to make sure your body has enough fuel.
+ Stimulants won't hurt. No calories in black coffee.
+ Fiber supplements can you feel more full. You can get a huge cannister of psylium husk for cheap. Just aware that your body takes time to adjust eating more fiber so the first couple of times you have monsterous diaherra. After that it actually pooping better.

kik me about weight loss utah.anon69
>>
OP here, I'm talking about ranging from 500 - 850 calories daily.
I already have been for a few weeks, its just the hunger that I wish I could negate.
>>
>>37962120
I generally eat beans and rice, sometimes with chicken.
>>
>>37962121
Stop killing yourself, tardfag
>>
>>37962130
I must be edgy, whatever it takes.
>>
>>37962121
Hunger is your body's way of telling you you're a retard.
Also go back to /fa
>>
>>37962183
I would but they're all fucbois and faggots. Interchangeably so.
>>
I personally just need to keep busy. I can go 10 hours forgetting to eat, but when I'm on holiday with nothing to do I'm literally always hungry
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.